Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

Don't they only run for about 45 minutes anyway? how long are the sprints?

Slamball was incredible when I was a kid. Incredibly dangerous though. Didn't it eventually devolve into everyone trying to shoot threes?

FYI, Slamball is returning this year, so we can all get hyped for it, watch the game then be disappointed with how boring it actually is.

Wait... that seems oddly familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Khablam posted:

trauma is funny and a joke actually, if it happens to someone I don't like
That’s right

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam's argument is the stupid poo poo I've ever loving read but by the same token he's only making this argument as a part of your weird max gimmick so he probably should also be probated for trivialising trauma by incorporating it into his posting gimmick.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There's people that actually loving experience domestic violence that all the high moraled morons in this thread are trivalizing by acting like cracking a few jokes about max catching the occasional backhand is some unforgivable sin.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
id let any one of you beat my rear end for 500 bucks

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

that's just soliciting prostitution

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Khablam's [..] weird max gimmick
I was told pointing to Max as a future multiple WDC holder was also part of that "gimmick" as I couldn't possibly be posting earnestly.

One day you'll all learn on a long enough time line I am always right.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lmao 3 more goddamned weeks of this until the next race

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cldgl9IIyY

fascinating video on the engines

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Custard Undies posted:

FYI, Slamball is returning this year, so we can all get hyped for it, watch the game then be disappointed with how boring it actually is.

Wait... that seems oddly familiar.

That really is the slamball experience. Matches the milf manor experience, really

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

MotoGP should start with the riders running out to their bikes
I think they still do Le Mans starts at some of the Goodwood races

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Thanks for the knife suggestions! Gonna look into them during the long, long time until Baku welcomes us.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Don't they only run for about 45 minutes anyway? how long are the sprints?

Half distance, so ~20 minutes. It’s grueling on the riders though, and they get actually injured in crashes.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Can’t wait to see how it causes catastrophic injuries, too. Think that’s why the original run of the show was cut short.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Batten down your hatches, it's BAKU

*haybales for 3 weeks*

Well done Baku

lol China Russia

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

how long was it between china being cancelled and them letting it rip?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Christ alive, the meta piss and moan about posts and probes is some of the most crybaby bitchmade poo poo I've ever seen.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
remember talladega nights thats a pretty funny movie

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's disheartening to see this thread in off-season form three races into the season.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
I'm downvoting anyone not on the Checo2023 train btw

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
nyck de vries terrifies me

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Skarsnik posted:

I am a big fan of wusthof knives, a good balance between quality and not silly prices

same, using two wusthof knives and a smaller zwilling one.

oh wait knife chat was over already.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Toe Rag posted:

Half distance, so ~20 minutes. It’s grueling on the riders though, and they get actually injured in crashes.

Yeah, all this got us so far is 5 riders and bikes missing from the grid in the last race.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

nyck de vries terrifies me

Nyck they're fries!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Toe Rag posted:

Definitely not a rip on them riding 45 minute, but 20 minute race seems real lovely and I don't know if upping their race time to 1 hr+ is a good idea

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

none of it's a good idea and the way they implemented it all at once for every race seems bad but the riders have very little power

the reason people aren't really complaining about them is they've been pretty fun so far because they're actual races as opposed to f1 sprints where it ends right as the race gets started

I would like to hear tissot less tho

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 7, 2023

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

'Don't use the R word' is a hard and clear rule you should know as it features in every other post of your rap sheet. This isn't something that should be hard to discern. I've brought up many times that it's only banned because it was the one and only ableist slur from victorian England that got a movement behind it so the rest pass by default. Everyone knows if you applied the same logic to the rest of language you'd have to ban insulting people in general but that isn't a conversation anyone wants to actually have so just don't use the one specific no-no word.
Just pick another favoured term from victorian medicine and move on!

On the other hand "trauma is funny and a joke actually, if it happens to someone I don't like" is a take that any functional adult should know to be a bad move™ and just don't do it.

just like forumula 1 i didnt read this post i mean in the case that i do noy watch the bad fail sport of formula 1 just like my eyes just glze over if my brain tries to read your fail rear end posts

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Dictator. posted:

same, using two wusthof knives and a smaller zwilling one.

oh wait knife chat was over already.

:hai:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

khablam starts with a k though

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Just make sure your knives don't come with a bolster. Makes em harder to sharpen.

I dunno if it's accessible to everyone after the NYT takeover but the Wirecutter has a good overview and they recommend the Victronox (sp?) that was mentioned earlier.

Also, gently caress Max!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

amenenema posted:

Just make sure your knives don't come with a bolster. Makes em harder to sharpen.

I dunno if it's accessible to everyone after the NYT takeover but the Wirecutter has a good overview and they recommend the Victronox (sp?) that was mentioned earlier.

Also, gently caress Max!

Yeah the victorinox fibrox knives have been a good deal for years but idk some folks are the "I hang 7 santokus on the wall in my living room in case anyone comes over" type and maybe plastic handles aren't his thing

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Definitely not a rip on them riding 45 minute, but 20 minute race seems real lovely and I don't know if upping their race time to 1 hr+ is a good idea

I think everyone's general complaint is that after two of them five riders are out due to injury and that's in no way sustainable with 21 races. It's a complete loving meat grinder.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Especially given MotoGP hasn't figured out the concept of having reserve riders being less than 2 weeks travel away so despite Pol being injured in practice for round 1, they didn't have a replacement even at round 2 and the works Honda team got themselves into a situation where they couldn't even field an entry at the start of round 2.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

they have Stefan bradl but for whatever reason he rightfully doesn't want to jump off into the woodchipper that is riding that Honda through two races a weekend.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

track day bro! posted:

just like forumula 1 i didnt read this post i mean in the case that i do noy watch the bad fail sport of formula 1 just like my eyes just glze over if my brain tries to read your fail rear end posts

This

Carrier
May 12, 2009

It's cool that this is the worst season of formula 1, maybe ever, and we get to live through it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I heard that Ferrari has issued a legal challenge against Sainz's penalty. I hope they succeed with their appeal. The whole ending was a shitshow so punishing Sainz specifically feels kind of moot.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Arc Hammer posted:

So I heard that Ferrari has issued a legal challenge against Sainz's penalty. I hope they succeed with their appeal. The whole ending was a shitshow so punishing Sainz specifically feels kind of moot.

personally i think they should take it all the way to the supreme court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Especially given MotoGP hasn't figured out the concept of having reserve riders being less than 2 weeks travel away so despite Pol being injured in practice for round 1, they didn't have a replacement even at round 2 and the works Honda team got themselves into a situation where they couldn't even field an entry at the start of round 2.

I don’t remember the wording specifically but for one or two rounds a team is allowed to not field a bike. So in this case Repsol Honda can keep Marquez out from Argentina and bring him back for COTA.

With injuries that are longer term there’s a requirement to have a replacement rider, which is what KTM/GasGas/Tech3 have done for Pol from COTA forward.

Tl;dr blame the rules, as usual.