Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

Nonsense posted:

I enjoy the economy

Sicko poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

works on my machine

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

My fav experience was IL taking its sweet time to recertify me for medicaid so I signed up for a shite bronze plan for january then the following year the IRS tried to ding me for the $750 subsidy the feds paid aetna.

bc people who are medicaid-poor have hundreds on hand with which to pay back the feds for their blood money to insurers.

i switched to employer health care recently from ACA and can't actually figure out how to get my kid off the auto-enrolled CHIP. the ACA site just does not contemplate it. i should probably call someone at the state, but who?

its such an amazing system. even better is my employer is out of state so there was a ton of panic on my end about whether their out of state only options would even work (they say yes, i havent been to a doctor to find out)

webcams for christ posted:

how about the actual numbers instead of just the predictions

economy added fewer jobs than expected, which makes Capital happy, but unemployment unexpectedly ticked down, as did average workweek hours, while labor force participation rate increased.

so everyone's working more jobs but fewer hour, i.e. gig/contract economy?

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 15:20 on Apr 7, 2023

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

another rejoiner

https://twitter.com/adam_tooze/status/1644344791830863879

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

I recently had to do this for myself when switching to contract work and jesus christ it was a loving confusing process. And then when we finally did settle on a provider the actual price was still different than the ACA website showed and the insurance provider, one we had for years anyway made us go through a totally different web portal to pay for everything vs the normal site where we do our copays and poo poo anyway.

Also we don't really know what we are paying because we don't know what tax benefits we will get until everything settles with taxes bc i dont know if i crossed a threshhold or not.

Every plan below platinum is trash and lol that poo poo is 1000 bucks a month and still not accepted by the majority of medical professionals.

Thanks Obama

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Special Report: Tesla workers shared sensitive images recorded by customer cars https://www.reuters.com/technology/tesla-workers-shared-sensitive-images-recorded-by-customer-cars-2023-04-06/

Also shared: crashes and road-rage incidents. One crash video in 2021 showed a Tesla driving at high speed in a residential area hitting a child riding a bike, according to another ex-employee. The child flew in one direction, the bike in another. The video spread around a Tesla office in San Mateo, California, via private one-on-one chats, “like wildfire,” the ex-employee said.”

"Good shoot"

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Shageletic posted:

Every plan below platinum is trash and lol that poo poo is 1000 bucks a month and still not accepted by the majority of medical professionals.

Thanks Obama

Yep. I make well above the median income for my (already high income) area and I basically don't have healthcare lmao

Once something seriously goes wrong with my health I'm going to become one of those people who just shove every imaginable bit of healthcare into a single year since my OOP costs will be pegged anyway

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

shrike82 posted:

lol what does the canadian army even do

Based on our local examples here they give themselves brain damage by firing artillery at brown civilians

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

stfu

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
He (xi) is not wrong

American climate policy is a shining example of this

Our inability to balance competing ideologies in a way that does not lead them to cannibalize each other is one of the major weaknesses of our political system. When we actually get climate reform laws in the USA theyre generally nothingburgers or protectionist garbage meant to keep a sector uncompetitive.

People will never fall behind climate answers whose ultimate end is "mass starvation and depopulation" so degrowth to achieve climate ends isnt a viable ideology. It might be a correct one, objectively, but good luck executing it without a revolution.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Apr 7, 2023

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Granted, you could also say sometimes you need some ecological damage to address climate change, China has some massive dams powering it and without question they did environment damage but would it have been better if 6 coal plants had been built instead?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/benitoz/status/1644117901618692096?t=w64zT6QQDXs6KhSYNPUDHg&s=19

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

Yep. I make well above the median income for my (already high income) area and I basically don't have healthcare lmao

Once something seriously goes wrong with my health I'm going to become one of those people who just shove every imaginable bit of healthcare into a single year since my OOP costs will be pegged anyway

That sounds like my 2020-2021! Managed to stack a major surgery and PT since hell if I was going to spend that much might as well make it worth it lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ardennes posted:

Granted, you could also say sometimes you need some ecological damage to address climate change, China has some massive dams powering it and without question they did environment damage but would it have been better if 6 coal plants had been built instead?

Yep, same goes for nuclear power - you must accept occasional devastation as a cost of existing, climate policy should always keep this in mind and try to be moving towards the lowest overall environmental cost for growth. We have stuck with coal to our detriment for decades and it has been a complete disaster for the environment, all to avoid the potential Chernobyl that would have ultimately polluted less

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

along those lines:

https://twitter.com/josephpolitano/status/1644356895187038208
https://twitter.com/josephpolitano/status/1644356899284873216

I even see it happening in local politics here: a neighboring city wants to build up its bike infrastructure by 2030 so the conservatives are calling that "too radical" and proposing we build even more kilometers of bike lanes but by 2050 instead lmao

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mirthless posted:

Yep, same goes for nuclear power - you must accept occasional devastation as a cost of existing, climate policy should always keep this in mind and try to be moving towards the lowest overall environmental cost for growth. We have stuck with coal to our detriment for decades and it has been a complete disaster for the environment, all to avoid the potential Chernobyl that would have ultimately polluted less

Yeah, and China seems to be going whole hog on nuclear power as well. If China wants to become a fully developed country there isn’t really a way around it even with the progress they have made. China also has a much of solar and wind power but it isn’t enough and they also have their own issues.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Mirthless posted:

We need to drill down to the magma layer, demons or no demons, lest the elves get upset at us for clear-cutting the forests.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Jerome I am begging you to please raise the rates on this poo poo

https://twitter.com/NipseyHoussle/status/1644165395622895617

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Beached Whale posted:

How tf did she managed to buy all those places *while* buying lattes all the times?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

this is quite an interesting stat. could be read in a lot of wildly different interpretations

https://twitter.com/arindube/status/1644360938013995008

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Hm... perhaps the desperation for workers is hitting the disadvantaged first? I dunno but it's interesting and seems to defeat the purpose of knuckling under for the hope that you are better off than 'those people' which follows with the rest of capital ripping apart everything they use to control the world inside and out for temporary numbers that don't actually represent the best way to increase productivity.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Beached Whale posted:

With the $50k I had saved up by the time I finished college, I...

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

Mommy and Daddy paid for college.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wish I came out of college with 0 money even instead of -$100k

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

"through a combination or BRRRRs and learning how to raise private money, my portfolio exploded!"

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Capital should be age restricted.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Capital should be age restricted.

As soon as you become a capitalist you should be sentenced to 25 years of hard labor.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

As soon as you become a capitalist you should be sentenced to 25 years of hard labor.

I see what you did here

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Palladium posted:

we need .50 into many things if you get what i mean

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Paradoxish posted:

Every. time.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
need tips on raising capital as an unappealing middle aged man

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

dress like mark zuckerberg we gotta have a few more years of that one right?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

first up you need just a bit of cash, find a rich guy and throw money to bait him out so you can murder him and wear his skin as a suit, then the other lizards will think you're one of their own kind and you can run around shanking them with impunity

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

silentsnack posted:

first up you need just a bit of cash, find a rich guy and throw money to bait him out so you can murder him and wear his skin as a suit, then the other lizards will think you're one of their own kind and you can run around shanking them with impunity

be careful because if you get peter thiel he's very good at killing you first

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Xaris posted:

for real though nextdoor, Reddit, Facebook , disqus, etc has a big actual “bot” cointelpro type problem. likely it’s not officially government done, but definitely by big businesses and cops

also those are all ai written lol

Exhibit A

https://twitter.com/Dave34982732/status/1642790664504000512?t=WLTtbnTh5utF2ZPmO4-xZg&s=19

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

thechosenone posted:

Hm... perhaps the desperation for workers is hitting the disadvantaged first? I dunno but it's interesting and seems to defeat the purpose of knuckling under for the hope that you are better off than 'those people' which follows with the rest of capital ripping apart everything they use to control the world inside and out for temporary numbers that don't actually represent the best way to increase productivity.

it makes sense that the groups hit hardest by covid are the ones most in demand labor wise

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i called warby parker about replacement lenses, they said they can just send me another of the same pair for only $45 so I don't have to go without my glasses in case I didn't have a backup pair. good deal.

but I did check their stock price and lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Unch indeed

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

smug jeebus posted:

I think something may have been lost in translation here

c-spam china lovers coping hard here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

to confront climate change two systems have to be addressed and both must be made stable. The climate and the economy. if either is unstable, that’s a failure state because it will destabilize the other one.

Xi is correct.