Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

He is still there, and the site looks as similar as it can to when it was 1998. (I use ad blockers so who knows how batshit the ads are these days)
Stories about him pop up rarely, sometimes mentioning he lives in seclusion somewhere in Florida. He may have one or two staffers these days. I thought he did an interview during either American Crime Story or for an anniversary of the Lewinsky scandal, but a quick google search has him being chided for not falling in lock step for Trump.

For a long while, though, he was the port and main source for All The poo poo the Liberal Media Isn't Telling You that linked to all the other dubious RWM sources and fed traffic to them. But I honestly can't recall the last time I heard his name mentioned. DIdn't he have a "never Trump" phase? That might explain a few things. Or am I thinking of someone/something else?

Like, I still hear Breitbart come up every now and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think he was always calling out Trump and never fell into the “suck up to him since he won” pit that so many others did. I think he really came out of it on the correct side of “politics is not a team sport”.

I actually used his website as an example in a web design class as the most bare minimum website possible while still actually providing content. They all thought it was extremely ugly.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Alan Dershowitz was just on Info Wars :lol:. He went on to talk about the Trump indictment, complain some more about how Michael Cohen said he (Dershowitz) was on Epstein's island, and to promote a book. Like how loving poo poo for brains do you have to be at this point to think that's a good idea, even to promote a book. Does he have some super expensive terminal cancer payments to make that we don't know about so he can live a few years more and help the reanimated corpse of Epstein get off again?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Alan Dershowitz was just on Info Wars :lol:. He went on to talk about the Trump indictment, complain some more about how Michael Cohen said he (Dershowitz) was on Epstein's island, and to promote a book. Like how loving poo poo for brains do you have to be at this point to think that's a good idea, even to promote a book. Does he have some super expensive terminal cancer payments to make that we don't know about so he can live a few years more and help the reanimated corpse of Epstein get off again?

He's just shameless and will appear anywhere, anytime.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Dersh definitely caught some form of brainworms, he used to be a respected lawyer and professor apparently :shrug:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

mobby_6kl posted:

Dersh definitely caught some form of brainworms, he used to be a respected lawyer and professor apparently :shrug:

The brainworms common to all these "classical liberal" dudes seems to be misogyny.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

He lost his mind when he discovered that people no longer accept loving children on your friend’s island as a mere quirk of personality.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dirsh killed his wife and then represented a guy accused of killing his wife and used it to catapult his career too who gives a gently caress. Guy has always been a hanger on opportunist

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

He's probably had the brainworms for a while. He represented Leona Helmsely and Harvey Weinstein, but I guess someone had to.

However, he was known for advocating "Torture Warrants" which according to him:

quote:

The warrant would limit the torture to nonlethal means, such as sterile needles, being inserted beneath the nails to cause excruciating pain without endangering life.

Oh just a little bit of excrutiating pain, I see. Probably explains why he also claims Israel doesn't do torture. Also he's defended things like the Doctors Without Borders hospital being bombed by mistake, and claiming in 1997 that the age of consent was too high.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I AM GRANDO posted:

He lost his mind when he discovered that people no longer accept loving children on your friend’s island as a mere quirk of personality.

Isn’t he still in court trying to defend himself from one of the children he hosed? Or did that get settled?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

dreffen posted:

He's just shameless and will appear anywhere, anytime.

I mean, yeah. Dude defended OJ Simpson, Epstein and Harvey Weinstein.

I'm not saying any of those people didn't deserve legal counsel but there's a pretty common thruline there with "they're rich" and I'm not sure I'd hang my hat on the things he did defending any of them. I'm sure there are things to be learned from what those cases might entail and how he went about trying them, but I don't trust that Deshowitz is interested in telling any of us anything really important about them nor demonstrating any sort of virtue doing it.

Full disclosure: I haven't read the book

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Piell posted:

Lol the author of that has two separate articles about how US Olympic athletics aren't fuckable enough and how it proves that America has fallen

The Olympic competition everyone notices but few discuss

How the Progressive Left Hollowed Out Our Olympic Team

American Olympic teams have a lot more black women than Russia.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Bobby Seale pegged Dersh as a loving NARC back in the 60s and believes that Dersh was spying on the Panthers for the Fed's. So the fact that Dersh turned out to be a Nazi enabling piece of poo poo is very on brand for him.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Holy crap, getting better by the moment

https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/status/1644758004959510531

Both articles are from like 2 weeks ago, incase republicans claim it was brought up just for the Clarence Thomas thing.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/03/20/trammell-crow-jr-billionaire-linked-sarah-ferguson-accused-financing/
https://dallasexpress.com/national/trammell-crow-jr-named-in-human-trafficking-case/

OgNar fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 8, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It is always projection.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Skex posted:

Bobby Seale pegged Dersh

Thank you for that image. :barf:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so was it the basement of a pizza place?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

For a long while, though, he was the port and main source for All The poo poo the Liberal Media Isn't Telling You that linked to all the other dubious RWM sources and fed traffic to them. But I honestly can't recall the last time I heard his name mentioned. DIdn't he have a "never Trump" phase? That might explain a few things. Or am I thinking of someone/something else?

Like, I still hear Breitbart come up every now and again.

At this point, the chud revolution has fully consumed its children and its stomach is rumbling again.

Ann Freaking Coulter is on media right now begging the loons to stop blocking abortion everywhere before they politicize a whole generation against conservatives. The woman who was saying 20 years back that women shouldn't have the vote, the Tim mcVeigh should have bombed the NYT building and been a hero, and that the US should just invade muslim countries and mass-convert them.

Now she's a turned-over leaf, too meek and 'establishment' for the core of the reactionary movement, eating poo poo in her mentions whenever they even remember she exists. The big money types at Fox and the think tanks know who she is, but she's no longer useful. Other than Hannity/Tucker and Limbaugh (who died), a lot of big neocon names have faded into local/minor status. Outside of Fox, I think the only one that really endured to this day and keeps growing is Prager and his fake online university.

As for Moore, he was always facing an uphill climb with a party that was only too glad to pour vaseline along his way. Even at the peak of his popularity in 2003-2004, no dem of any institutional projection wanted to be seen dead by his side, since they were fully on board the war footing. Once all of that crashed along with the economy, everyone was happy to hail Obama as the smooth-talking hero that would fix things without ever needing any confrontation or talk of (yuck!) class, and when that too failed, people were either disillusioned entirely out of the system (ANY system) or jumped onto the conspiracy train.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of Matt Drudge, what the gently caress ever happened to that dude?

Two things basically happened to Drudge. First, the right wing mediaverse was already evolving past where he was and as far as I could tell he never changed up his format or what he did with his news aggregation site at all, so no one was going to frequent a janky looking news aggregation site with a heavy right wing slant when they can mainline crazy Qanon and 4chan poo poo or listen to Dan Bongino podcasts etc.

Secondly and very importantly Drudge opposed Trump pretty much from the time he took the lead in the 2016 primaries and unlike Glenn Beck or Ted Cruz or others he never did the backtrack walk of shame, so Trump winning and becoming god of the right wing put the final nails in the coffin of Drudge's relevancy.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

The Dallas Express is a local right-wing rag. I mean, not that the Morning News isn't, but the Express was bought and changed into that very purpose a few years back.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's been very amusing to see shitheads like David French and Jonah Goldberg coming out of the woodwork to pretend that it's normal that Clarence Thomas' good buddy has a huge Nazi memorabilia collection

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Lol
They just devour themselves

Cynthia Hughes is head of the 'non profit' Patriot freedom Project

e: language in the video
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1644668949483626498

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Scam artists from top to bottom. You love to see it.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

Lol
They just devour themselves

Cynthia Hughes is head of the 'non profit' Patriot freedom Project

e: language in the video
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1644668949483626498

Kash “I’m paying money not explainable by my salary to fake whistleblowers to provide manufactured testimony to congress” Patel is supposed to be honest with your donations?

L O f’ing L.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Glenn Beck had the Dersh on his show the other night to explain why Trump is actually totally innocent and this is whole thing is a travesty of justice. He talked a bit about all the legal challenges currently facing Trump and how they're all extremely weak, but the one that amused me the most was the Georgia case. "This case is a slam dunk victory for Trump because it's very simple. Trump asked him to find the votes. What do you do when something is lost? You try to find it. He didn't say to create votes, or to fabricate votes, he was simply saying that there might be votes for him that weren't yet counted and to try and find any missing votes."

All I could think was Dersh in court going "Your honor, this is ridiculous. My client merely said that the victim had a nice place, and it would be a shame if something happened to it. He was obviously expressing his hope that the business would prosper and avoid the fate that befell other businesses in the area. Nobody could possibly interpret that as a threat."

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I like the part in the conversation where Trump tells Raffensburger that if he doesn’t just ‘find’ those poor little lost votes that even though they’ve all been counted and recounted and certified as true counts weeks ago, just got misplaced he’s going to use his power as president to sick the DoJ on him.

And then shortly after the US DA for that region publicly resigns.

Yeah, seems innocent.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Twelve by Pies posted:

Glenn Beck had the Dersh on his show the other night to explain why Trump is actually totally innocent and this is whole thing is a travesty of justice. He talked a bit about all the legal challenges currently facing Trump and how they're all extremely weak, but the one that amused me the most was the Georgia case. "This case is a slam dunk victory for Trump because it's very simple. Trump asked him to find the votes. What do you do when something is lost? You try to find it. He didn't say to create votes, or to fabricate votes, he was simply saying that there might be votes for him that weren't yet counted and to try and find any missing votes."

All I could think was Dersh in court going "Your honor, this is ridiculous. My client merely said that the victim had a nice place, and it would be a shame if something happened to it. He was obviously expressing his hope that the business would prosper and avoid the fate that befell other businesses in the area. Nobody could possibly interpret that as a threat."

Not being rhetorical here; I literally don't know the letter of the law, but I was under the impression for something to be a legal threat there had to be both a clear means of carrying out a threat, and the threat itself being either immediate or set in a concrete date in the future?

Like wouldn't the classic mob example you gave not be a threat, because there's no actual threat articulated and even implicitly there is no immediate violence. Unless the person is brandishing a bat or something as they say it, of course.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Trump absolutely used threats to get his way, come on. He doesn't need to hold a bat, he was the highest authority in the country. He had the ability to do innumerable poo poo, so to play the "gosh how can we know it's a threat?" is only helping the GOP.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Not being rhetorical here; I literally don't know the letter of the law, but I was under the impression for something to be a legal threat there had to be both a clear means of carrying out a threat, and the threat itself being either immediate or set in a concrete date in the future?

Like wouldn't the classic mob example you gave not be a threat, because there's no actual threat articulated and even implicitly there is no immediate violence. Unless the person is brandishing a bat or something as they say it, of course.

It's a stereotypical phrase used by people running a protection racket, I guess I didn't say it outright but yeah the example would be this person is on trial for running a protection racket and would say that to businesses in the area. It would then obviously be a threat, because the implied threat is "If you don't pay us protection money we will gently caress up your business."

In regards to the Trump case, he did in fact make implied threats to Raffensperger (all these quotes are from Trump):

quote:

And why can’t we have professionals do it instead of rank amateurs who will never find anything and don’t want to find anything? They don’t want to find, you know, they don’t want to find anything. Someday you’ll tell me the reason why, because I don’t understand your reasoning, but someday you’ll tell me the reason why.

quote:

And you are going to find that they are — which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal, that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk.

quote:

Brad, what are we going to do? We won the election and it’s not fair to take it away from us like this. And it’s going to be very costly in many ways.

quote:

Oh, I don’t know, look Brad. I got to get … I have to find 12,000 votes and I have them times a lot. And therefore, I won the state. That’s before we go to the next step, which is in the process of right now. You know, and I watched you this morning and you said, uh, well, there was no criminality.

But I mean, all of this stuff is very dangerous stuff. When you talk about no criminality, I think it’s very dangerous for you to say that.

quote:

Well, you have to. Well, under the law you’re not allowed to give faulty election results, OK? You’re not allowed to do that. And that’s what you done. This is a faulty election result. And honestly, this should go very fast. You should meet tomorrow because you have a big election coming up and because of what you’ve done to the president — you know, the people of Georgia know that this was a scam. And because of what you’ve done to the president, a lot of people aren’t going out to vote and a lot of Republicans are going to vote negative because they hate what you did to the president. Okay? They hate it. And they’re going to vote. And you would be respected. Really respected, if this thing could be straightened out before the election. You have a big election coming up on Tuesday. And therefore I think that it is really important that you meet tomorrow and work out on these numbers.

This is the first time I actually read the transcript and it's pretty fascinating. Trump just completely makes up poo poo, or repeats things he heard from right wing propaganda repeatedly, while Raffensperger is like "Uh, none of that is true." But Trump keeps insisting "No this is true and you're lying to me, look I only need a couple of thousand votes, just declare some votes illegal and I'll win, you gotta do this for me."

Some other quotes that aren't implied threats, but are just funny to me.

quote:

The minimum number it could be because we watched it and they watched it certified in slow motion instant replay if you can believe it but slow motion and it was magnified many times over and the minimum it was 18,000 ballots, all for Biden.

quote:

Let’s face it, Brad, I mean. They did it in slow motion replay magnified, right? She stuffed the ballot boxes. They were stuffed like nobody had ever seen them stuffed before.

quote:

Trump: It was 18,000 ballots but they used each one three times.

Mitchell: Well, I don’t know about that.

Trump: I do think because we had ours magnified out. Each one magnified out is 18 times three

Mitchell: I’ve watched the entire tape.

Trump: Nobody can make a case for that, Brad. Nobody. I mean, look, you’d have to be a child to think anything other than that. Just a child.

quote:

Oh this isn’t social media. This is Trump media. It’s not social media. It’s really not it’s not social media. I don’t care about social media. I couldn’t care less. Social media is Big Tech. Big Tech is on your side. I don’t even know why you have a side, because you should want to have an accurate election. And you’re a Republican.

quote:

So what are we going to do here folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break. You know, we have that in spades already. Or we can keep it going but that’s not fair to the voters of Georgia because they’re going to see what happened and they’re going to see what happened. I mean, I’ll, I’ll take on to anybody you want with regard to [name] and her lovely daughter, a very lovely young lady, I’m sure.

quote:

Why don’t you want to find this, Ryan? What’s wrong with you? I heard your lawyer is very difficult, actually, but I’m sure you’re a good lawyer. You have a nice last name. [note: the lawyer's last name is Germany]

Finally we have an excellent example of a phenomenon that happens on Freep a lot. Namely, someone says "I think this is happening," then someone later will say "I've heard reports that this is happening," and then finally it becomes accepted "This happened, and the MSM won't report it!"

So we start out with Trump saying,

quote:

Do you think it’s possible that they shredded ballots in Fulton County? Because that’s what the rumor is.

Which later gets followed up in this exchange

quote:

Trump: What about, what about the ballots. The shredding of the ballots. Have they been shredding ballots?

Germany: The only investigation that we have into that — they have not been shredding any ballots. There was an issue in Cobb County where they were doing normal office shredding, getting rid of old stuff, and we investigated that. But this is stuff from, you know, from you know past elections.

Trump: I don’t know. It doesn’t pass the smell test because we hear they’re shredding thousands and thousands of ballots and now what they’re saying, “Oh, we’re just cleaning up the office.” So I don’t think they’re cleaning.

Followed by

quote:

But I think you’re going to find that they — by the way, a little information, I think you’re going to find that they are shredding ballots because they have to get rid of the ballots because the ballots are unsigned.

And then a final assertion

quote:

Well, you better check the ballots because they are shredding ballots, Ryan. I’m just telling you, Ryan. They’re shredding ballots. And you should look at that very carefully. Because that’s so illegal. You know, you may not even believe it because it’s so bad. But they’re shredding ballots because they think we’re going to eventually get … because we’ll eventually get into Fulton.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
God DAMMIT, I had forgotten how much trying to parse what that pudding brained rear end in a top hat is saying makes my head hurt.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Certified Slow Motion, huh? Wow, that sounds sophisticated and high tech.

So, anyway, Hannity got on my nerves today.

He was bringing up how picked on Trump is and mentioned the "Russian Hoax" for the millionth time. Except it wasn't a hoax. Mueller laid it all out there and I listened to the entire thing. Another example or word association through sheer repetition.

He also asked his guest "how much of this is made up by the media?" and I got to thinking about how all these guys, every single one, hates the very idea of "the media". So it's a constant and direct attack on the 1st amendment. They go on and on about the Sacred Constitution delivered from on high by God himself and dig in hard on the 2nd amendment (while leaving out the "militia" part) but, man, for a bunch of strict constitutionalists, they really have an issue with a free press.

There's a loving reason the authors put that NUMBER ONE on their list. To expose assholes like Trump and Hannity for one.

Why does Sean Hannity hate AMerica?

Oh...and when can we schedule his waterboarding that he offered to like a decade ago? What's the hold up?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Conservatives are trying to blame the recent mass shootings on pronouns, because that's the best they've got when the shooter was a white cis het male I guess. Not a lot of self awareness among them either.
https://twitter.com/wittywebhandle/status/1645547397232095232?t=UTQBdZhVr7rxxE26qFBy-A&s=19

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bilbo-rear end looking motherfucker

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

I AM GRANDO posted:

Bilbo-rear end looking motherfucker

Your D and B keys have apparently been switched.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Trump absolutely used threats to get his way, come on. He doesn't need to hold a bat, he was the highest authority in the country. He had the ability to do innumerable poo poo, so to play the "gosh how can we know it's a threat?" is only helping the GOP.

I agree. Pardon the phrase, I'm just asking questions to clarify something. Yes. He's unambiguously made threats and he's incited a rebellion. I was asking questions just for clarification on how the law defines a threat. Donald Trump is a treasonous rebel who sought to overthrow the duly elected government of these United States, and we are beyond hosed until the government acknowledges this fact and acts accordingly.
As of this posting, several people intimately involved in the failed rebellion are sitting members of Congress, while nearly all members of the GOP in Congress have openly voiced their support of this failed rebellion.

It's not going well.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Panfilo posted:

Conservatives are trying to blame the recent mass shootings on pronouns, because that's the best they've got when the shooter was a white cis het male I guess. Not a lot of self awareness among them either.
https://twitter.com/wittywebhandle/status/1645547397232095232?t=UTQBdZhVr7rxxE26qFBy-A&s=19

Dildo Baggins looking rear end goes on to say America has a "mental health pandemic".

Which, whenever pressed on it, really just means we should be violently forcing people to live cishet, Christian lives.

If I had a Twitter I'd honestly just be spamming "follow your leader" till I got banned.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
I guess identifying as any pronoun at all makes you extremist now.

Like I’m sure Collin Rugg assumed Sturgeon to be male, but somehow, it also made him very angry to have Sturgeon confirm this. You guessed right, Bilbo! Take the W and move on.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Mechanical Ape posted:

I guess identifying as any pronoun at all makes you extremist now.

Like I’m sure Collin Rugg assumed Sturgeon to be male, but somehow, it also made him very angry to have Sturgeon confirm this. You guessed right, Bilbo! Take the W and move on.

You and I know full well that he was going to spin this as an LGBT thing no matter what. The shooter is never going to be cis or straight enough when they are trying to push this narrative.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1645556706557169664?t=QkafYcyHTSYg7sgGhjg-Jw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Panfilo posted:

You and I know full well that he was going to spin this as an LGBT thing no matter what. The shooter is never going to be cis or straight enough when they are trying to push this narrative.

Never mind that the other 2800 shooters over the last decade+ were straight white males.