Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
no1 is buying that poo poo fr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

#mixedreality shopping

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I loving love engaging with brands and shopping on the metaverse 💜

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

well known website wwd.com

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/danwwang/status/1645429786783694848

Lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1645475499462803456

Lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

so taiwanese engineers allow themselves to be exploited. got it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
america rules because you have to slack off at 4 different jobs to get by

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

JamesKPolk posted:

#mixedreality shopping

You think it's going to be VR but it's really going to be tonies for adults.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Taiwanese are pretty much going to throw themselves into the arms of the CPC willingly once the landings begin. What a horrible work culture.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

work slowdowns are praxis

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

just remembered all those Tesla videos where you can’t open the door handle when it freezes so people were pissing on their car. that means elon has thousands of videos of penises pissing on Teslas

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Nuke the planet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

Nuke the planet

best we can do is coal the planet

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1645335185536196608?t=aal65F9HQ7e-4_IgfFmGig&s=19

https://twitter.com/TacomaFire/status/1645475803290038274?t=3CuZQHzHqmxW8fqek8R_bg&s=19

https://twitter.com/heyjohnryan/status/1645249204783312899?t=-qT8cQr0Fi4oKg_2mxp-aQ&s=19

Someone better call up Bungo Pete again

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Ooh, I studied this phenomenon before back when it ran on Comedy Central every other week.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

best we can do is coal the planet

Do it faster, we can't allow ourselves to break containment

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Crazypoops posted:

Do it faster, we can't allow ourselves to break containment

if even one of us gets off it’s curtains

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

JamesKPolk posted:

#mixedreality shopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXJ_obaiYQ

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This is what happens when you make your population give up and become addicted to everything.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Xaris posted:

I loving love engaging with brands and shopping on the metaverse 💜

I sadly touch a lot of the metaverse branding poo poo in my "work" and I can say with 100% certainty no one who logs onto this forum is the target audience.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this is barely language

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I sadly touch a lot of the metaverse branding poo poo in my "work" and I can say with 100% certainty no one who logs onto this forum is the target audience.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We should put the nuclear waste warning in space

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Praying for a chilly cpi this wednesday
https://twitter.com/elerianm/status/1645499051083800603?t=cFpjlAJR0dDzVKAVlty0EQ&s=19

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

3 shifts at the factory? hmmm, what if we spent the same amount of money on wages by forcing one person to work three shifts so theyre dogshit tired and nap at their desk all day instead. that's what I call hard work!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

core, super core, ultimate core, diet core, all will affect the numbers that jay will yank out of the young calf he sacrifices at the next fed meeting

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

The target audience:

https://twitter.com/chheplo/status/1644768774430793728?t=TrBMQJnDHITkek9ai8XxaA&s=19

Apr 7, 2003

plugging grandma's voice into the "AI" chat bot so I can listen to her repeat Hitler speeches

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

plugging grandma's voice into the "AI" chat bot so I can listen to her repeat Hitler speeches

“look at the black boy run” -my grandma watching football one thanksgiving

would love to have that on repeat for eternity

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
Ominous

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg29TuWo0Yo

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Stop making Nana do the navy seal copypasta!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

CNN carrying the feds' water in trying to ban tiktok.

The city without TikTok offers a window to America’s potential future

quote:

Across the United States, more than 150 million people are being faced with the possibility of a new reality: life without TikTok.

The wildly popular short-form video app has been at the center of an ongoing battle, with lawmakers calling for an outright ban, and the company portraying itself as a critical community space, educational platform and just plain fun.

In Hong Kong, there’s no need to imagine that reality: TikTok discontinued its services there in 2020.

Its abrupt departure was met with mixed reactions: disappointment from some users and content creators, but also relief from others who say life is better without the app’s infinite scroll.

At the time of its exit, TikTok had a relatively modest presence in the city and was not ubiquitous like it is in the US today.

But the varied reactions to its departure, and the way users have pivoted to other platforms or even real-life offline communities, offer Americans a glimpse into their potential TikTok-less future.

In the second quarter of 2022, TikTok users globally spent an average of 95 minutes per day on the app, according to data analytics firm SensorTower – nearly twice as much time as users spent on Facebook and Instagram.

But for some people, TikTok’s departure was a welcome change.

Poppy Anderson, 16, has been using TikTok since its launch in 2018. And, like many others in her generation, she would spend hours “scrolling and scrolling” – even when feeling unfulfilled.

“It was very easy to kind of find exactly what you like on there, because the [algorithm-run] For You page kept you there,” she said. “And it’s entertaining, but you don’t really get anything from it.”

She described TikTok as often being a toxic environment that breeds narrow thinking, herd mentality, a misguided “cancel culture” and inappropriate online behavior such as critiquing the bodies of girls and women. Even people she knew in real life began acting differently after joining the app, which strained friendships, she said.

Prepare for your tiktok-less futures!

Apr 7, 2003

Deleting tiktok from my phone while my car watches me bust a nut and distributes videos

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

theres a decent movie based on a stage play about this called Marjorie Prime but unfortunately the last scene is all the AIs sitting in a room, rehashing memories of their old lives to each other, forever

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Apr 7, 2003

hmm.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

CNN carrying the feds' water in trying to ban tiktok.

The city without TikTok offers a window to America’s potential future

Prepare for your tiktok-less futures!

article's awfully silent about whether douyin made its mark in hong kong

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

should be generation omega because this is the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Ah, that's why the governor said two of the dead were his close personal friends.