Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

Here are some Ecken and Punkte: https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/presse/pressemitteilungen/eckpunkte-cannabis-12-04-23.html

The current status quo means the application of the law is effectively arbitrary. Whether police comes after a user depends entirely on the mood of the police and how well they like the face of someone. It's a mockery of the Rechtsstaat. Just the mere act of saying "nope, walking around with 25g is legal, and so is owning three plants" eliminates the majority of redundant and wasteful police action that isn't accepted in society anyway.

Also

That's quite a departure from the current status quo, actually.

Also pretty good. That's basically all of the convictions outside of Straßenverkehr.

The Verein is the most Alman institution there is. It is only natural that it becomes the Vanguard of Bubatz.

I admire your optimism, but under 25g is not legal. It's straffrei. Cannabis is still going to be under BTM and police can stop and search and harass you if they smell or suspect you are carrying something. With this reform they will just HAVE to let you go if it's under 25g, compared to now where they have the option to do an Ermittlungsverfahren(which then will be eingestellt by Staatsanwaltschaft in most cases). It's not a huge change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
^^^^ Also in Bavaria they will find a way to make your life miserably you dirty addict.

Perestroika posted:

In a way it is the most German possible solution: "Want to get pot? Why don't you just make an e.V. about it?"

Ah yes, just like the old saying that is the foundation of our governmemt:

Wenn du nicht mehr weiter weißt, bilde einen ArbeitsGrasrauchkreis

Hopper fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 12, 2023

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

GABA ghoul posted:

https://twitter.com/Markus_Soeder/status/1646116411696095234?t=GnVPSoEcr5r74Oy01f2vmA&s=19

Says the man who thinks getting blackout drunk and pissing yourself is a valuable Kulturgut that needs to be defend to the death.

Still better than what we are getting though.

Söder doesn't drink btw.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cantide posted:

Söder doesn't drink btw.

I KNEW HE WAS A FREAK!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cantide posted:

Söder doesn't drink btw.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that he doesn't use himself. You try suggesting something like an Ausschanklimit at the Oktoberfest or Dorffeste and he'll break every single one of your fingers for it, if you are lucky. Worst case you'll be floating down the Isar dead with a Brezel stuffed down your throat

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cantide posted:

Söder doesn't drink btw.

History of abuse, maybe? Reformed addicts tend to be very bad about letting others use anything.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

He's a Franke and a prot ops, which makes the Brezel comments insensitive and explains the teetotalling respectively.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Theres this story floating around of Söder telling waiting staff to bring him a Maß of Mineralwasser for events and then when they bring it he scoffs at it publicly and asks for a beer, to much applause

Then proceeds to not even drink from it which nobody notices

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Broken fingers, various signs of struggle on the body. Hold on ... I think there is something stuck in his throat ... it's ... *pulls out a bratwurst with the tweezers, then another ... and another*. Is that ... drei ... im Weggla? I guess this man had the WURST day *puts on sunglasses* YEEEHAAW!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

Broken fingers, various signs of struggle on the body. Hold on ... I think there is something stuck in his throat ... it's ... *pulls out a bratwurst with the tweezers, then another ... and another*. Is that ... drei ... im Weggla? I guess this man had the WURST day *puts on sunglasses* GRÜSSGOTTLE!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

GABA ghoul posted:

Broken fingers, various signs of struggle on the body. Hold on ... I think there is something stuck in his throat ... it's ... *pulls out a bratwurst with the tweezers, then another ... and another*. Is that ... drei ... im Weggla? I guess this man had the WURST day *puts on sunglasses* YEEEHAAW!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/ssamanmardi/status/1646281007778111490?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

:hmmyes:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

I wonder how there is no a lawyer having a field say with poo poo like this. It has to be illegal.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Hopper posted:

I wonder how there is no a lawyer having a field say with poo poo like this. It has to be illegal.

I assume there’s not much money to be made here.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If I was a lawyer, I would do it for sport, just to get to these assholes on principle.
But I guess that's why I am not a lawyer.

Gotta be an rear end in a top hat yourself to be one.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

I assume there’s not much money to be made here.

Yeah, there was one of those sagas in the CSPAM economics thread. Clear case of retaliation, stole the deposit without providing any list of expenses, missed all deadlines at court small claims judge didn't read poo poo and awarded the landlord a few hundred bucks. Wonder if the situation is less bad over here.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Hopper posted:

Reddit posted:

Der Fall passierte bereits Januar 2021 und wurde lt. Berichterstattung NICHT juristisch (oder zumindest polizeilich) verfolgt. Die Tatsache, dass sowohl die Email-Adresse der Frauenärztin als auch die Anzeige selbst am Ende einfach spurlos verschwanden, deutet darauf hin, dass es sich vermutlich um einen Betrugsversuch handelte, wie auch in einigen Threads vermutet wurde.

https://www.echtemamas.de/dubiose-anzeige-vermieterin-fordert-negativen-schwangerschaftstest/

https://www.bunte.de/family/bewegen...frauenarzt.html

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

ty, saw it the other day and was wondering about it since it sure was very absurd and defo not the alltag at Wohnungssuche.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://twitter.com/spdbt/status/1647126356772126724?s=46&t=f3DVHW2pFMXQdgOf2PA6XQ

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

:negative:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The clouds you see on this is the grime that the Kohlekraftwerke blast into the air that we need to compensate for the AKWs.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/dlf/status/1647391229460586498?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

:psyduck:

On a lighter note:

https://twitter.com/moabit/status/1647389496076369920?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

"A lighter note" jesus, I'm shaking and sweating, take post back, I'm begging you

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Bavaria is just a joke state, jfc.

Remember when the Atomausstieg wasn't going fast enough for Söder? I do.
Remember when they were blocking Südlink? I sure loving do.
Remember all the other power grid dumbshit they pulled? Abstandsregel, Endlager, etc.?

An absolute joke of a state. Just eject them and build a wall, and let them pay for it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Antigravitas posted:

Remember when they were blocking Südlink? I sure loving do.
Remember all the other power grid dumbshit they pulled? Abstandsregel, Endlager, etc.?

An absolute joke of a state. Just eject them and build a wall, and let them pay for it.

Every country has a Texas.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Hopper posted:

The clouds you see on this is the grime that the Kohlekraftwerke blast into the air that we need to compensate for the AKWs.

Yeah, there's something uniquely frustrating about seeing libs running smug victory laps about getting the Atomausstieg done, while clearly operating under the assumption that Kohleausstieg will just kinda happen on its own any day now.

But also, something completely different: I'm (hopefully) about to move and need to send some paper mail like an old. So I figured I am living in the future, surely there's a convenient way to just upload a PDF somewhere and have it sent out as paper mail. Oh look, the Post has that exact service, just like I hoped! Except it's been discontinued for private customers, and is now only available for business clients. However, if you have an account with gmx or web.de you still can use the same service as a private customer through them, though only after subscribing to a wholly different service. So clearly the infrastructure exists and is functional, it's just arbitrarily locked off unless you pay a random third party for it. What kind of nonsensical zwangsprivatisierter garbage is this?

In the end, I found another third party doing it directly, after sifting through a bunch that either looked extremely sketchy or expected me to download some software locally to upload a simple pdf. Jesus Christ how is this country so bad at this? :cripes:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, there's something uniquely frustrating about seeing libs running smug victory laps about getting the Atomausstieg done, while clearly operating under the assumption that Kohleausstieg will just kinda happen on its own any day now.

But also, something completely different: I'm (hopefully) about to move and need to send some paper mail like an old. So I figured I am living in the future, surely there's a convenient way to just upload a PDF somewhere and have it sent out as paper mail. Oh look, the Post has that exact service, just like I hoped! Except it's been discontinued for private customers, and is now only available for business clients. However, if you have an account with gmx or web.de you still can use the same service as a private customer through them, though only after subscribing to a wholly different service. So clearly the infrastructure exists and is functional, it's just arbitrarily locked off unless you pay a random third party for it. What kind of nonsensical zwangsprivatisierter garbage is this?

In the end, I found another third party doing it directly, after sifting through a bunch that either looked extremely sketchy or expected me to download some software locally to upload a simple pdf. Jesus Christ how is this country so bad at this? :cripes:

Yeah, that thing was kinda baffling. Originally I though that Gmx had bought out Post or the other way around.
Though the old post-service also required you to show up with your perso at the postoffice to activate it.
The whole gmx post thing is free, btw. Needs to be activate by paper mail though, which takes a few days. And you get a few free briefs per month, but I haven't tried that part out yet.

I used the post service to turn my pdfs into fax only instead of into paper mail, because they are still legally equivalent to paper mail, somehow.

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 16, 2023

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It is important that essential services are split and parcelled out to as many separate private companies as possible, so everyone gets to skim profits.

Speaking of, https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/union-vorschlag-deutsche-bahn-101.html

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I love sending real mail and I send cards and letters to friends all the time. there's something uniquely satisfying and fun about throwing a letter or card in a postbox and it then magically appearing at someone's house over the next days imho. also it's really nice to receive paper mail from friends and i love it!

nawilo_420 fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 16, 2023

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

nawilo_420 posted:

I love sending real mail and I send cards and letters to friends all the time. there's something uniquely satisfying and fun about throwing a letter or card in a postbox and it then magically appearing at someone's house over the next days imho. also it's really nice to receive paper mail from friends and i love it!

This. It's a very nice gesture and especially in today's hyperconnected and hectic world taking 5 minutes of your day to focus on somebody and write them a meaningful letter or a postcard has even greater value than before imo.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I don't really want a landlord, current or future, to feel valued, or enjoy reading my mail. An auto generated letter uploaded to, and printed by, some automated service represents exactly the level of respect they deserve.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I hate receiving physical letters. Especially if they're emotionally loaded. I don't like paper clutter or excessive long time storage, but I still feel guilty when I toss those out.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Great idea. This means as the only Bundesland with nuclear power stations, they will build an Endlager in their beautiful state, right? If they build one for their nuclear waste, they can take the nuclear waste from the rest of Germany as well. In this specific instance, Söder has my full support!

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Antigravitas posted:

It is important that essential services are split and parcelled out to as many separate private companies as possible, so everyone gets to skim profits.

Speaking of, https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/union-vorschlag-deutsche-bahn-101.html

:psyduck: really hoping like every time this is proposed they're gonna give up on this because it's gonna be a disaster

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/CDU/status/1131562260609024001?s=20

Danke Merkel!

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Antigravitas posted:

Bayernpartei remembers too

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://twitter.com/TiloJung/status/1647309172369768450?s=20

lol remembering when they tried to portray themselves as freedom party over NetzDG

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I keep telling people I hate the FDP more than the AFD since they're much more dangerous by virtue of actually being part of government.
So not surprised in the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

sube posted:

https://twitter.com/TiloJung/status/1647309172369768450?s=20

lol remembering when they tried to portray themselves as freedom party over NetzDG

Surely, this dies in atomic fire German courts if they try it, right?