Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Oh hell yeah. That’s the pure, uncut crazy I needed this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Tuna-Fish posted:

Most of Finnish geology consists of extremely old (1.5By+) exposed extremely hard and tough basement rock. If I go outside and kick a few cm of soil off, the rock below is solid, hard granite that goes straight down unbroken for kilometers.

This extremely hard rock is, kind of paradoxically, typically very cheap to quarry. Because it needs no reinforcement, it is easy to mine through blasting, and the rock you extract is actually valuable enough to sell at prices high enough to cover a significant part of your expenses. Because of this, we have tunneled a lot. Like a lot lot.(pdf) Some of this underground stuff is public, like all that infrastructure in Helsinki. But there's quite a bit of fairly obvious additional stuff. Like, when there are three small restricted military zones on different sides of the same hill, each housing only a few small buildings but large parking lots that are often full, it doesn't exactly take a genius to put two and two together.

So when you start with "there's a lot of stuff underground", add "some of it is secret and not publicly talked about", you can bet crazy conspiracy guys are getting their money's worth. When I was in the military, there were all these rumors about tunnels much longer than the officially acknowledged ones. Those rumors were probably bullshit, but less incredible than you'd think -- when the capital started exhausting local freshwater supplies, they just casually dug a 120km tunnel to act as an aqueduct.

Looking at these guys, apparently the tunnel rumors have expanded greatly, and instead of connecting different Finnish towns, they are now crossing continents.

Well, tunnels do seem to be effective protection from artillery fire.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dwesa posted:

Nah, it's likely just probing whether public would buy if Russia pulled from Ukraine to "protect Russia" or something

short thread
https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1647217536621064192

https://twitter.com/kevinrothrock/status/1647217540282695688?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

“So what you’re saying is we need to get owned faster”

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Naah, that's from a Mad Max film set.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1647219050769006594
A smoking accident happened in Kazan, reportedly at a tank training base.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I love it. We need to end the special military operation to stop us imperialism from destroying our country.

Well this is partly true I think that it's more of the fact that it will not be the United States imperializing Russia by itself but china aswell.

Which funny enough prigohzin does not mention. Because chinas a lifeline to Russia in their eyes. But the relationship is more parasitic than they can imagine.

It may be the west of Russia that is imperialized by the United States but that's fairly typical and has been for a lot of time through the European proxies like the London banking system. Europe has been propping Russia up for a very long time through France and the UK. Of course half of this is just nationalist rhetoric the other half is partly true as War fatigue may do a lot more than just make the liberals mad. Now that the borders are being closed and mobilization orders are being sent via email or text or whatever no one is safe.

Also I love this: the more that die the more patriotic Russia becomes

Like yes for sure. Mom and pop working in the tank factory get a zinc coffin sent home and immediately get a +15% productivity buff

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I do like how much I'm learning about Finnish geography in this thread

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

EorayMel posted:

I do like how much I'm learning about Finnish geography in this thread

Ditto, if they are tunnelling through granite all the time i wonder how they are dealing with the radon gas.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1647245969795293184

e: it's just a conversation, but still, :nms: just in case

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I love it. We need to end the special military operation to stop us imperialism from destroying our country.

Well this is partly true I think that it's more of the fact that it will not be the United States imperializing Russia by itself but china aswell.

Which funny enough prigohzin does not mention. Because chinas a lifeline to Russia in their eyes. But the relationship is more parasitic than they can imagine.

It may be the west of Russia that is imperialized by the United States but that's fairly typical and has been for a lot of time through the European proxies like the London banking system. Europe has been propping Russia up for a very long time through France and the UK. Of course half of this is just nationalist rhetoric the other half is partly true as War fatigue may do a lot more than just make the liberals mad. Now that the borders are being closed and mobilization orders are being sent via email or text or whatever no one is safe.

Also I love this: the more that die the more patriotic Russia becomes

Like yes for sure. Mom and pop working in the tank factory get a zinc coffin sent home and immediately get a +15% productivity buff

Actually we need the coffin back comrade.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Interesting about reviewing NMS content.

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1646082702557298688?s=20

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Bellingcat.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Crab Dad posted:

Actually we need the coffin back comrade.

Yeah please remove your son/father/husband from the coffin it's state property. And if it is not returned within 5-10 business days we will mobilize you to the donbass.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Related:

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1646083105910915072?s=20

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Bellingcat.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Not gonna lie it probably took me years to recover psychologically from the stuff I'd see on Rotten dot com back in high school. Of course, I didn't know it at the time, but that stuff definitely hosed me up permanently.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I would like to underscore that I have no association to imperialist aggression nor the deep state.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

I would like to underscore that I have no association to imperialist aggression nor the deep state.

I am the deep state and I make no apologies

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I also have no association with bells, cats or otherwise

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I would like to declare that I have no association with any associations or their associates.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

What about Imperialist Passive-aggression and the shallow state?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Word association: bells, cats, Pavlov's dog, dog poo poo, Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So hey remember those Finnish morons who got charged with doing some light treason for Russia's benefit? And how before getting in bed with Putin's PR trumpet they were really into "the tunnel war"? Well, a friend looked into it and this is literally what it's about :

quote:

"HIDDEN WAR AGAINST SATAN"
- In the tunnels underneath the earth lived an alien race called Zeta
- This war agains the Zeta started in January 2016
- The war ended in September 2020
- All of the Zeta underground bases and tunnel networks were collapsed
- The leader of the Zeta race was mentally executed on the 12th of July 2020
- The Zeta leader was known as Satan
- Satan was executed in an underground base at Alaska's Mt. Hayes
- The Alliance, ie. Trump, Putin, Xi Jinping and patriots around the world have arrested and are executing people who are under the control of the Zeta race.

These are the guys carrying water for Putin and his illegal war. Just the finest people. The best guys.

E: remarkable how the world's most immense piss babies, like Putin, Trump and Jinping, are always the hidden super heroes in these assholes' fantasies.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 15, 2023

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
You killed Satan, you bastards! :argh:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So hey remember those Finnish morons who got charged with doing some light treason for Russia's benefit? And how before getting in bed with Putin's PR trumpet they were really into "the tunnel war"? Well, a friend looked into it and this is literally what it's about :

These are the guys carrying water for Putin and his illegal war. Just the finest people. The best guys.

E: remarkable how the world's most immense piss babies, like Putin, Trump and Jinping, are always the hidden super heroes in these assholes' fantasies.

This is literally the plot of a series of books.

Edit: It's the Descent series by Jeff Long.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 15, 2023

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

This is literally the plot of a series of books.

There are people who think both the da vinci code and angels and demons are true and protested cern because of it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
What the gently caress does mentally executed even mean.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Samovar posted:

Yeah I'm wondering about that too, and I kinda want to know.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Samovar posted:

It means someone finally got therapy but got ostracized from The Group as a blasphemer

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Samovar posted:

Listening to Trump monologues on a continuous loop would probably do it for me and i'm not even American. :stonklol:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Samovar posted:

Donald Trump DESTROYED the Zeta leader with FACTS and LOGIC

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Samovar posted:

Its what the stimpire does.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Samovar posted:

Having an account on something awful dot com

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why doesn't Putin simply hire Satan and/or Satan's armies to destroy Ukraine via Finland's hell tunnels out of 1 billion year old bedrock :thunk:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

this is just the plot to gears of war

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Samovar posted:

It means "brutally and insanely".

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CW: mental executions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyi3QZR2LqM

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trump touched the orb to channel Judaism and abrahanic energies mentally executing the great Satan

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Tunicate posted:

Its what the stimpire does.

With the worst kind of electricity

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The kind of poo poo these people believe is completely wild. Entire underground wars being fought without anyone knowing about it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Karate Bastard posted:

It means "brutally and insanely".

No that's metally executed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Scam Likely posted:

Not gonna lie it probably took me years to recover psychologically from the stuff I'd see on Rotten dot com back in high school. Of course, I didn't know it at the time, but that stuff definitely hosed me up permanently.
What up, buddy posting almost exactly what I was going to post

I went from being horrified by seeing particularly well-done zombie makeup to scrolling through shotgun death pictures without even caring in the span of a year or so. It honestly worries me in hindsight even if I certainly do not seem to have any ill effects from it now beyond wishing I could be more easily disturbed

Hopefully your post does not imply you still have frequent nightmares