Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
remember when Freddy Wong bought the og johnny fiveaces art work for several thousand dollars

MrSpiffy posted:

Hung and mounted. Gonna print out a museum placard type of thing to display alongside it. Museum UV glass, float mounted, and original folds and blemishes of the 8.5x11" printer paper meticulously preserved. I told the guy who owns the frame shop the whole story, and while he certainly found it amusing, he definitely was very confused. No matter - true art is rarely appreciated by the common public in its own time.

A close examination of the area near "Gros Gammon" reveals a previously unseen face that was started and erased! Was this a theoretical FOURTH character or an early attempt at Schultz?? Image contrast enhanced.

A further mysterious marking, again near the relatively unexplored "Gros Gammon" area of the image. The curvature suggests some kind of steampunk device or perhaps it is an early attempt at Schultz' eyepiece?

Truly, a magnificent work, which will be cherished for generations to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Pigbuster posted:

It was. LF 2008 debate thread.

oh my god this is one of the funniest thing's i've ever seen on SA. i just laughed so hard im crying.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Pigbuster posted:

my stomach hurts from laughing

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Final Fantasy 6. Next

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
There's steampunk music.

Remember Captain Dan and the extremely bad pirate rap? Yeah make that like ten thousand times worse. Not linking anything, it's on you if you want to hear it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

fun hater posted:

my stomach hurts from laughing

same, it just keeps going oh my god

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Pigbuster posted:

why is this so funny

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

There's steampunk music.

Remember Captain Dan and the extremely bad pirate rap? Yeah make that like ten thousand times worse. Not linking anything, it's on you if you want to hear it.

Ah, Captain Dan, how his fortunes changed

Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew - From the Seas to the Streets

2009, 44 pages of mostly effusive praise for what one goon called the best rap he's ever heard

Captain Dan is back...and he's Rated ARRR

Flash forward to 2020 and the attempt to re-live the memories with their new album is met with widespread derision and only lasts for 8 pages before getting mercy killed.

Also, Rhino, what have you been hiding?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

As an orgy-haver,

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pigbuster posted:

i think i pulled something laughing too much lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Pigbuster posted:

Post spamming User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

:sad:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hot Diggity! posted:

There's steampunk music.

That sounds fail. The OST of Final fantasy 6 is epic however

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's exactly right

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lf had a lot of threads that shouldnt have pulled all the laughs they did and then they still somehow do. even this loving thing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I always forget exactly how eye-searing the LF stylesheet is, it's truly magnificent

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
unrelated, what the hell determines whether you get pink fyad or mgs fyad stylesheets

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this guy gets it imo

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The Devil's Lab is what I associate with steampunk music, and pretty much solely that one track. Even the Pixel Remaster, which otherwise did a bang up job with the soundtrack, did not do that theme justice.

♪ WHIRR CLONK WHIRR-WHIRR CLONK ♪

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

danoteck posted:

I understand what you mean by the reference and criticism. I accept it, my rap game is not top notch, but to be clear I wrote, recorded, mixed, and mastered all of the music (poorly) so I would not say that I am not talented. The pirate stuff has a bunch of layers to it, but only certain people like to unpack all of that in their music, its not groovy and straight forward, its silly and involved. I'm probably not as talented as any of those other bands that we mention, and that's why I work a 9-5 and moonlight as a pirate in my studio. But compared to most folks I know, I am pretty talented in these areas. So your criticism is spot on, including the video. But I gave up on trying to be famous... I just like to give myself a chuckle.

One of my favorite tracks from the new album is Where the Wind Blows, not Tortugas Toughest which is a story song not a rap song.

https://youtu.be/u7mFsYRzDqM

The lyrics are silly. This is dad joke material, with an adult twist like cartoons. But I laugh every time and smile. I know where I am at and I'm just having fun!

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hell yeah.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Been having a good weekend hanging out with a dog I am fostering. She has been out on many walks and has smelled a lot of stuff. What's been going on on the foruhhhhh

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Heath posted:

Been having a good weekend hanging out with a dog I am fostering. She has been out on many walks and has smelled a lot of stuff. What's been going on on the foruhhhhh

i have good news about dogs on the forums and bad news about everything else

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Psycho Landlord posted:

why is this so funny

BUSH'S BRAIN!!!!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dixville posted:

BUSH'S BRAIN!!!!!

Appearing tonight: Bush's Brain and the lovely gently caress My rear end

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Heath posted:

the past 24 hours have probably been in the top 10 most insane days in forums history tbh

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

tidal wave emulator posted:

did the thread where that guy's account glitched out and posted several pages of BUSH'S BRAIN get goldmined cos I've been thinking about that post on and off for nearly 20 years now

A bit late, but here you go:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2973425&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post350101144

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

the past 24 hours have probably been in the top 10 most insane days in forums history tbh

Like three of those ten are from this year and five from the last 12 months

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Rhino's headed to the pizza place again

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Appearing tonight: Bush's Brain and the lovely gently caress My rear end

*SNL sax music intensifies*

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

What a weekend

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

pentyne posted:

Also, Rhino, what have you been hiding?

TheSwizzler posted:

Rhino's headed to the pizza place again

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

NeatHeteroDude posted:

What a weekend

Lemon, it’s only Wednesday

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Congratulations and/or condolences on your forthcoming admin star.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh God!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Also in case people missed it in SAD, radia says she's cool with hearing from people via discord or you can post or pm me a message and I'll send it her way. She appreciates everyone also

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Spinz eating her fortieth ban for getting bachelorette party drunk at her computer again and screaming at people randomly over old forums grudges

not a huge thing since she'll rereg but its pretty illustrative of the problem

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Also in case people missed it in SAD, radia says she's cool with hearing from people via discord or you can post or pm me a message and I'll send it her way. She appreciates everyone also

send her our love, and sorry that all this dumb bullshit happened!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

Spinz eating her fortieth ban for getting bachelorette party drunk at her computer again and screaming at people randomly over old forums grudges

not a huge thing since she'll rereg but its pretty illustrative of the problem

I earnestly interpreted "where's a hurricane when you need one" like she wanted the drink hurricane

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Congratulations and/or condolences on your forthcoming admin star.

rhinos star turns red and he immediately falls into an eternal sleep broken only by true loves first kiss

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Weekend ain't over yet, nor is Meltdown May and it's still April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Joey McChrist posted:

send her our love, and sorry that all this dumb bullshit happened!