Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pussy Quipped posted:

maybe that will get these drat kids off the TikTok and iPad

You say that like there aren't chuds saying exactly that in the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Jaxyon posted:

no they're people who understand that executives are mostly idiots who will replace people because they think they should be, not because it's actually possible.

"haha AI is gonna gently caress my work up, good luck" isn't very fun if you lost your health benefits

And the level of sheer media incompetence in depicting this poo poo. It's crypto level crap, it just wasn't so immediately obviously so.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Don't forget that today is the deadline for filing 2022 tax returns or an extension till October!

ty

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

we did our taxes with turbo tax and it said we owed more than 1k, plus their 150. we took it to a seasonal tax preparer in the strip mall by our house and got it down to 250 bucks that we owe, plus their fee.

this is the first time I’ve ever owed taxes, what the gently caress is this. I’m used getting at least a few thousand.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

It sucks but on the other hand that was money you got to spend and invest and get capital gains on all year, so in reality you came out ahead if you think about it like a fuckin financial freakazoid

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Were those Disney venue prices just the cost of standing room or do they at least include a blowjob from Minnie or something?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

meanolmrcloud posted:

we did our taxes with turbo tax and it said we owed more than 1k, plus their 150. we took it to a seasonal tax preparer in the strip mall by our house and got it down to 250 bucks that we owe, plus their fee.

this is the first time I’ve ever owed taxes, what the gently caress is this. I’m used getting at least a few thousand.

I owed $15k, it was a bit of a shock tbh

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

mad.radhu posted:

there is no communist org even half the size of a normal sized american church

I did some quick googling cause I remembered a story about a recent church debt jubilee.

https://journalnow.com/news/local/3...d47001269c.html

This church of 40 people put up $2500, raised an additional 12500, and wiped out nearly $3.3 million in debt.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Frosted Flake posted:

How?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

No withholdings by CATO Wife since she doesn't believe in paying taxes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I assume it's in Canadian dollars, so about fifty bucks American

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

f35s aren't cheap, but oh boy are you going to be glad you bought them

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Horseshoe theory posted:

:laffo:

Vox Nihili posted:

I assume it's in Canadian dollars, so about fifty bucks American

Nice!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

IRS owed me $1700 this year. They put my payment on hold for over two months so I figured I hosed something up but they paid it. Thanks IRS

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Horseshoe theory posted:

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Horseshoe theory posted:

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Horseshoe theory posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/lines_down/status/1648435666014052353?t=aK7Lz8PgS3bxYDH-n9EDeA&s=19

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Reaction to this will probably involve a lot of handwringing about struggling landlords.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/GuyDealership/status/1648444995526103041

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

the marketplace folks were saying this was all San Diego or something along those lines.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Horseshoe theory posted:

e: but seriously it's because I didn't realize bonds are taxed as income.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 03:12 on Apr 19, 2023

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, speaking from personal experience there’s no fuckin way, at least here. Seeing $4k+ rents for 3BRs here for the first time ever in the past month

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I mean given San-diego is probably one of several places that sport some of the highest rent with the highest income doesn't that mean others are sure to follow, and if anything will fall short in proportion?

Does that mean that short of subsidizing landlords (something that won't turn out well for them since the money printer is running out of bandwidth and I don't see the rich sharing with the petty bougoise) or consolidation that there isn't any easy growth left in real estate? Like anything that increases efficiency would be prohibitively difficult for Ceos as they are now to implement, the state seems like it either can't summon up sufficient juice for them, or won't because it's reserved for the real rich, and wages and materials are already optimized to the point I imagine that repairs already cut into new home sales.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

seems fine

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i need some doom to happen again people. give me another bank run or whatever i hate this waiting. thanks

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lol not around here they aren't

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

thechosenone posted:

I mean given San-diego is probably one of several places that sport some of the highest rent with the highest income doesn't that mean others are sure to follow, and if anything will fall short in proportion?

Don't make this assumption. One of the lessons from the housing crash is that hot markets will swing wildly and most other places will just maintain a slow steady upward pull or plateau for a while. Not saying it won't happen, but it's just as likely that areas with extreme demand just wildly overshot on rents in the same way that housing prices jumped by like 500% in some ridiculous areas.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I live in San Diego and my rent was just increased in my new lease by 220$ a month :)

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

Don't make this assumption. One of the lessons from the housing crash is that hot markets will swing wildly and most other places will just maintain a slow steady upward pull or plateau for a while. Not saying it won't happen, but it's just as likely that areas with extreme demand just wildly overshot on rents in the same way that housing prices jumped by like 500% in some ridiculous areas.

I mean they (the average rents in other areas, as many will note outliers can continue for quite a while or stay below expectations) aren't likely to exceed it's high water mark in proportion to income after accounting for inflation. Plenty of caveats there, as well as no actual timetable.

Honestly for assumptions I do assume I'll live in the same house I've been in since fifth grade since the idea of ever affording living alone or even with a partner seems unreasonable on a long term scale.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

thechosenone posted:

san diego income is actually quite bad. I've said before but San Diego is basically Bay Area prices but with 50% of the income. amazing place, absolutely dogshit to live in if you aren't a rich retiree or rich rear end east coast transplant student

and no, housing will probably not fall. it's more valuable to write-off "lost revenue" by having vacant rooms than lowering rent

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

thechosenone posted:

I mean they (the average rents in other areas, as many will note outliers can continue for quite a while or stay below expectations) aren't likely to exceed it's high water mark in proportion to income after accounting for inflation. Plenty of caveats there, as well as no actual timetable.

What I'm saying is that big swings like that are a feature of bigger, higher demand markets, so you won't necessarily see the same thing (even proportionally) happening in other places.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Xaris posted:

san diego income is actually quite bad. I've said before but San Diego is basically Bay Area prices but with 50% of the income. amazing place, absolutely dogshit to live in if you aren't a rich retiree or rich rear end east coast transplant student

and no, housing will probably not fall. it's more valuable to write-off "lost revenue" by having vacant rooms than lowering rent

Well I never expected it to fall per se. Given it's one of the basics I'd imagine it'd be pegged to basically as much as they could charge before it bangs up against everything else that people need. If it falls it's probably a bad scenario, with absolute real productivity having taken a hit, and the destruction of the American empire somehow lowering the max house price the American serf can withstand.

If that occurs it's back to flop houses and all that, along with at least twice the current homelessness rate and mass strife. Figure it's just a wind down until my dotage, where I'll probably die fairly early in a shell of a shell of a nation.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Jaxyon posted:

no they're people who understand that executives are mostly idiots who will replace people because they think they should be, not because it's actually possible.

"haha AI is gonna gently caress my work up, good luck" isn't very fun if you lost your health benefits

AI is terrible at shitposting so we're all safe, Soros's checks will continue to clear.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

e: but seriously it's because I didn't realize bonds are taxed as income.

:kiss:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

I live in San Diego and my rent was just increased in my new lease by 220$ a month :)

guess they didnt get the memo prices are going down. maybe give them a reminder?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

are they going down or are they going up less

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I can't imagine how doomsday economics everything will be a decade from now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

doomsday barter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

2033 me, smearing Plasticheese on my 70 dollar cricket wafer: "Collapse is coming, any day now"