Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Deteriorata posted:

Rockets have been made out of stainless steel for about 60 years (like the original Atlas boosters for the Mercury program). It's not a new idea. Every material has trade-offs and SS fit SpaceX's requirements the best.

CPColin posted:

Deteriorata posted:

SS fit SpaceX's requirements the best.
Man, it always comes back to Von Braun, doesn't it?

:elon::elon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ishikabibble posted:

I'm glad folks are happy to see representation but like... tbqh I almost feel like it's such a softball that at this point there are more female videogame characters that are confirmed lesbian or bi than there are ones that are confirmed het.

Some days you just have to wonder what planet some posters live on.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

zedprime posted:

I dare anyone calling Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Kansas boring to drive Indiana top to bottom.
Huh. I would have said top to bottom was far, far more interesting than side to side. Side to side you go through all the glacier-scraped bit, top to bottom you go from Lake Michigan to the glacier-scraped bit to the rolling hills. And Brown County is beautiful.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cythereal posted:

Some days you just have to wonder what planet some posters live on.

Is there a reason you cherrypicked the tailend of a longer post to obscure the context? :confused:

ishikabibble posted:

the answer to all of that is insecure cishet male gamedevs OP

Two '''normal''' girls macking on each other is hot, as is being flirty or outright horny for one another like it's a twelve year old's wet dream. It's completely nonthreatening in a way that masculine looking women or non-comedic gay males aren't. This poo poo isn't even new, Fear Effect 2 had it be the entire basis for its ad campaign and that was a game from 2001

I'm glad folks are happy to see representation but like... tbqh I almost feel like it's such a softball that at this point there are more female videogame characters that are confirmed lesbian or bi than there are ones that are confirmed het.

Don't forget Life is Strange, a series that I'm pretty sure seems to be entirely about a variety of disaster lesbians, in the multiple ways that phrase can be interpreted.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is there a reason you cherrypicked the tailend of a longer post to obscure the context? :confused:

Because it's completely ridiculous and I cherrypicked it to make that point? Pick any given game and the overwhelming majority of female characters are straight outside of the odd game that specifically makes a big deal about it.

It's rare, if growing less rare in modern years, and the goons going 'but where's my badass straight women?!' are absurd.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Disaster Lesbians would be a kick rear end name for a band.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cythereal posted:

Because it's completely ridiculous and I cherrypicked it to make that point? Pick any given game and the overwhelming majority of female characters are straight outside of the odd game that specifically makes a big deal about it.

It's rare, if growing less rare in modern years, and the goons going 'but where's my badass straight women?!' are absurd.

You mean this goon? :confused:

Vic posted:

One emergent stereotype seems to be that if the woman is badass she's gonna be gay but the man usually isn't. Like where are the badass mother main characters / killer mansluts? Also physically strong women with average-to-no muscle mass, or the muscle being entirely in the butt. Also short hair on a woman = gay.

Cythereal posted:

...You don't play video games with female protagonists much, do you?

Gay women protagonists are still almost exclusively a Bioware phenomenon, and less often an Ubisoft one lately (Kassandra from AC: Odyssey gets married to a dude and has kids no matter what you do). Games where you can choose the gender of your protagonist, and almost all romances in those games are bisexual and identical for both genders. To a lesser extent other modern RPGs like the Pathfinder games.

This is honestly the first time I think I've seen a modern non-indie game with a female protagonist (and no option to play a dude) has that protagonist be gay.

And it's still optional so you can have your precious straight woman.

Vic posted:

I was hoping we didn't have to go into internety passive aggressive accusatory nonsense over this. I didn't specify videogames either. What I meant is I really wanna see more stuff like the Last Of Us tv series thing. Not soulless, market researched, commitee approved, trending, pandering, sanitized, cis-male-gazey stuff.

I realize I might be nitpicking but honestly the poo poo I'm seeing is very naive. Girl kissed a girl big deal.

You're making strawmen of goons having a discussion about the issue of "safe" mainstream-sanitized queer representation in games, which isn't actually LGBT content getting made. It's often just L. And that's the problem they're talking about.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Somehow I suspect that quote is not actually a favorite of yours!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why are we having this stupid argument in the Funny Forum Quotes thread?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why are we having this stupid argument in the Funny Forum Quotes thread?

It think it’s supposed to be funny like Ziggy is funny

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'd rather read Ziggy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ultrafilter posted:

I'd rather read Ziggy.

Reported for threatening self harm

Please don't do it :ohdear:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If you ban him he'll have nothing to do but read ziggy

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cythereal posted:

did you eventually beat FFXIV btw?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you ban him he'll have nothing to do but read ziggy

The Goon mod trolley problem

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm banning video games

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Tough but fair

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm banning video games

Why? He never posts in here

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Under communism all game protagonists will be perfect genderless cubes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

importing dipshit arguments into the quotes thread ftl

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

skeleton warrior posted:

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I started reading Ziggy from the beginning, and I like how they're mostly just non-gags but then every sixth or seventh one is a black cry for help.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

inexplicably migrating to the quotes thread in a misguided attempt to defeat posting enemies ftw

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Biplane posted:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

skeleton warrior posted:

If he ever posted something funny he might show up here.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

Biplane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGDCE6Nrz0

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Biplane posted:

I'm already a perfect genderless cube

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I started reading Ziggy from the beginning, and I like how they're mostly just non-gags but then every sixth or seventh one is a black cry for help.

Funny Forum Quotes: A cry for help

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Context? You don't need context

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

venus de lmao posted:

I'm already a perfect genderless cube

You’re overselling yourself by one dimension

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

freeedr posted:

You’re overselling yourself by one dimension

Or eight corners.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PhazonLink posted:

wait do new tapes actually still get made?

why , what possible niche are they filling?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Billy Eilish and Lady Gaga released new casingles and vinyls in the last few years.

Prism posted:

I hate that this is a word.

Neo Rasa posted:

EON should release each Bond theme on a cassette and call the series Casingle Royale.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol, but also :psyduck: at finding out new cassettes have been released this decade. And that's coming from someone whose car is old enough that I plug a cassette adapter into my phone to listen to stuff while driving. I get the appeal of vinyl, but cassette tapes were always wonky and terrible enough that I have no real nostalgia for them.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

No DRM. :colbert:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, but also :psyduck: at finding out new cassettes have been released this decade. And that's coming from someone whose car is old enough that I plug a cassette adapter into my phone to listen to stuff while driving. I get the appeal of vinyl, but cassette tapes were always wonky and terrible enough that I have no real nostalgia for them.

My girlfriend spent $100 getting the cassette player in her car replaced rather than the same amount on a new radio with Bluetooth etc because when she's driving alone she likes to be able to just scrabble in the centre console and slam a tape in while watching the road rather than having to pull over to futz with her phone.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Breetai posted:

My girlfriend spent $100 getting the cassette player in her car replaced rather than the same amount on a new radio with Bluetooth etc because when she's driving alone she likes to be able to just scrabble in the centre console and slam a tape in while watching the road rather than having to pull over to futz with her phone.

Wait till she finds out about cds!!!!

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Course, all of the cassettes are Best of Queen.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Marcade posted:

Captain America Got That Reference

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Marcade posted:

Ah, bebop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kingo Ligma posted:

Wait till she finds out about cds radio!!!!