Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

What happened to LSD, why can't you get acid anymore? Also, nobody died on LSD, you just had a bad weekend.

i heard so many scared straight type stories in school of people on acid jumping out of windows thinking they could fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Also acid is generally more obnoxious and cost inefficient to produce because it requires someone with a generally uncommon skillset supervising others in some way during production. The effects of mishandling the production of it are also different and its way less functionally addictive

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

If we end the drug war all those DEA agents and poor people they coerced into being CI's would have died in vain!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Twerk from Home posted:

What happened to LSD, why can't you get acid anymore? Also, nobody died on LSD, you just had a bad weekend.

It still exists. I don't know how it came to be that I was able to get any, but I was jumping up and down at Coachella on it last Sunday.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

Very late to the party noob question: Why are we putting fent in everything? Seems like a bad idea. I don't see how I can sell more drugs if my customer base is diminishing due to dying from using my product.

fent ends up in oxies, heroin, etc (things that are mostly similar, higher strength opiates/oids and sometimes fake xanax cause there's so much cross abuse) because it's cheaper than the real thing, which is typically a factor of easier to smuggle. some examples of this are e.g. the PBA head from Arizona? getting busted running an importation ring, but it's also like the proliferation of 3d printers and files that mimic actual xanax, oxycontin, etc pills down to the numbers that are on them to verify (which is how you get fake pills that look like the real ones - this has always been possible but recently it got significantly easier, especially the trade dress/ID number stuff).

fent ends up in 'ketamine', 'speed', 'flakka', etc because these are drugs that are also easy to fake using imported not-yet-banned chemicals, and they use the same supply chains as fent. if you're already importing the fent why not get some 3-meo-pcp or diphenidine and sell it as k? same for the novel amphetamines and benzos (which also contributes to the fake xanax problem). more customers and similar risk level. but be careful when you clean your scales...

fent ends up in cocaine because a lot of times coke dealers aren't just coke dealers and you really only need like grains of sand level cleanliness fuckups to contaminate. maybe this happens at the street level, but also at the import level. the paths these things are taking are similar, especially after spring 2020. there's also speculation that spiking a pack w/ fent is drug dealers up/down the chain trying to cause problems for one another. idk about this but it helps explains sorta the clusters of fent ods from coke which are fuckin weird.

fent at one point ended up in a gas station cbd vape in mississippi I think? which is a head scratcher. until you realize those companies are all just importing novel cannabinoids (synthed in the same places that do novel opioids) and a scale wipe woopsy has down-road effects

there were reports of a fent-contaminated batch of mushrooms at electric forest last year? which afaik is still stumping everyone. that to me feels like a psyop or a spill or some mass hysteria poo poo. except it was reported by one of the best festival-side harm reduction groups in the country w/ caveats etc. so idk.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

acid is still around. it tends to be cyclical, like a big batch gets cooked and passed around and everyone does that for a couple years and then they repeat. other than that, get cooler friends?

there's also been a lot of recent interest in analogs like e.g. 1p-lsd that are basically the same poo poo and those tend to be very easy to find on the internet

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

JamesKPolk posted:

acid is still around. it tends to be cyclical, like a big batch gets cooked and passed around and everyone does that for a couple years and then they repeat. other than that, get cooler friends?

there's also been a lot of recent interest in analogs like e.g. 1p-lsd that are basically the same poo poo and those tend to be very easy to find on the internet

Also there functional limitations to how much dealers want to buy (so less of their customers reselling too) because it's just way easier to move heroin or methamphetamine or something like that. They create more intense neurological dependency and can be IVed.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

If you ignore those who leave omelas omelas is pretty great

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drugs are too dangerous to take anymore which is good kuz it coincides with me becopming too old to take drugs. simply have a beer. thnx

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

thank you very much

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm too old for drugs, now I need drugs+

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Paradoxish posted:

I like this analysis which implies that many young americans choose death over becoming old americans

Old, RICH Americans. They made a point to miss the point.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Smythe posted:

drugs are too dangerous to take anymore which is good kuz it coincides with me becopming too old to take drugs. simply have a beer. thnx

Alcohol is definitely a drug people age out of.

Personally I hardly ever aged into it. 90 minutes of pleasure followed by 18 hours of stomach aches, headaches, dizziness, nausea, and depression, and I only have ever drank in moderation. I'll pass

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Correcting the death charts for the revealed preference for death.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

skooma512 posted:

Personally I hardly ever aged into it. 90 minutes of pleasure followed by 18 hours of stomach aches, headaches, dizziness, nausea, and depression, and I only have ever drank in moderation. I'll pass

You're not supposed to only drink it when you have food poisoning

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

genericnick posted:

Correcting the death charts for the revealed preference for death.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

skooma512 posted:

sobriety ftw

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/axl99/status/1647839138681622529

Kirby showing us that the thing with AI gen is that it's the same as NFTs - you can pirate it with a rightclick.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Tesla won a court case today that is very funny.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

so this is mostly just fent and suicide right?

It's driven by violent deaths. Car accidents are a big one, as are homicides.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
drat, just got a $10k raise cuz of some job realignment thing. :rznv:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

something I've thought about a lot, but haven't quite formed a cohesive concept around, is that the particular formatting of reddit (and to some extent, facebook comments), is purpose-built to resist the formation of established ground-truth

because every thread is fated to fade away over time
because comments cannot (normally) be read in a straight chronological fashion
because you can't even search the loving website properly

there is never any hope for any kind of new consensus. Someone pipes up with a bit of news, or a novel idea, or a strong argument, and you might even get people at that moment, within a span of, say, 24 hours, to agree with it, or to absorb some new information

and then it's gone

and then a week later the same thread pops up again, if it does at all, except nobody has learned anything

and it just goes on like that forever

being able to quote 15 years of of iron crown stripper post, you can't do that on facebook!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

What happened to LSD, why can't you get acid anymore?

Visit your local university.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

fits my needs posted:

drat, just got a $10k raise cuz of some job realignment thing. :rznv:

puff puff pass some of that money over here

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I've got some friends who killed two birds with one stone by telling their parents they were never having kids if they couldn't afford to get out of their wildly overpriced apartment. Both of their parents pooled their money to give them enough for a 20% down payment.

So what I'm saying is it's easy. Just have parents and in-laws with enough liquid cash to cover a down payment and then threaten to never give them grandkids. Do it when you're almost 40 so the pressure is really on.

lol

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Crazypoops posted:

You're not supposed to only drink it when you have food poisoning

Booze like all drugs hits different people different ways. I love beer and wine but if I have more than 4 drinks or so in a day it's like a switch is flipped and I'm on the ground vomiting for the entire next day. It happened a couple of times before I tore my esophagus from heaving and started spitting blood. Now I am super careful and it blows my mind to watch my buddies knock back drink after drink.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Rocco yelling SPUNKY voice: TANK-IES!

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I'm like a chocoholic, but for booze!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/FairweatherPhD/status/1649423884708356096

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/FairweatherPhD/status/1649465410960367643

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Hahahahaha

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I once had a coworker argue with me that his mother lives with him, he does not live with his mother

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/PsiANorg/status/1649404759407820800?t=0C9gh9d_pNT4Xe0TtsC8lA%26s=19

So BetterHelp was a data farming op the whole time.

I wonder what they did with all the therapy notes :allears:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

time to drag these SOB's down. bring on the recession

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

My wild guess for the slight uptick is people getting lucky with crypto and stonks from the money hose flailing around since they turned 18. Perhaps some onlyfans winners in there too.

Other than that, the usual generational wealth and their families putting their name on it for first time homebuyer bonus.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

skooma512 posted:

https://twitter.com/PsiANorg/status/1649404759407820800?t=0C9gh9d_pNT4Xe0TtsC8lA%26s=19

So BetterHelp was a data farming op the whole time.

I wonder what they did with all the therapy notes :allears:

big surprise here lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
time to tell a scammer app all my deepest darkest secrets. what could go wrong?

im aware this is "victim blaming" but really folks. really.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

skooma512 posted:

Other than that, the usual generational wealth and their families putting their name on it for first time homebuyer bonus.

We looked at heads of household. Intergenerational housing is tricky. My mom lived with me in the first home I bought at 26, and while she did provide the down payment, I paid the monthly payment, so I would have been in this area of gray.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

skooma512 posted:

My wild guess for the slight uptick is people getting lucky with crypto and stonks from the money hose flailing around since they turned 18. Perhaps some onlyfans winners in there too.

Actually, probably the biggest factor is that COVID killed their grandparents and they inherited the house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmfao