Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RadiRoot posted:

what's with the homophobia in your custom text?

I've made the liberals mad again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

seems bad??

Nah, they're fully backstopped by the FDIC/Fed/Treasury so it doesn't matter - none of this matters.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Oh, yeah, this is super dystopian, but also man I'm an idiot for not seeing the loss leader angle on charter schools.

Just one of the worst ideas ever introduced to public policy

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

RadiRoot posted:

here's an idea lets move the launch pad to be over where all the manatees hang out.

The idea came to Elon after he discovered the 'Oh the huge Manatee' meme during one of his daily dives through the internet.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

It's amazing that we went from building and launching saturn V's on the reg to this total shitshow

Lmao

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1650628330717081602?t=-ZF79mc-fogzads6iURcTw&s=19

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
"economic coercion" oh word?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

I've made the liberals mad again

Isn't his husband an elected government official? Do libs want us to think it's some poor kid being abused?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Isn't his husband an elected government official? Do libs want us to think it's some poor kid being abused?

David is no longer in office and has been hospitalized since October of 2022

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

bad news goons I have to buy a new car. not great timing.

how much will the interest rate be. 9% 10%?????

Become a municipality and see if you can score a free MRAP.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Why do I get the feeling that this guy wasn't born in 1988.....

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
murderous racist cheapskates who will even blow up critical pipelines of their own closest allies : you see the real problem definitely must lie in our messaging

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

im_sorry posted:

Why do I get the feeling that this guy wasn't born in 1988.....

quote:

Matthew P. Goodman is senior vice president for economics and holds the Simon Chair in Political Economy at CSIS. The CSIS Economics Program, which he directs, focuses on international economic policy and global economic governance. Before joining CSIS in 2012, Goodman served as director for international economics on the National Security Council staff, helping the president prepare for global and regional summits, including the G20, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), and East Asia Summit. Prior to the White House, Goodman was senior adviser to the undersecretary for economic affairs at the U.S. Department of State. Before joining the Obama administration in 2009, he worked for five years at Albright Stonebridge Group, where he was managing director for Asia. From 2002 to 2004, he served at the White House as director for Asian economic affairs on the National Security Council staff. Prior to that, he spent five years at Goldman, Sachs & Co., heading the bank’s government affairs operations in Tokyo and London. From 1988 to 1997, he worked as an international economist at the U.S. Treasury Department, including five years as financial attaché at the U.S. embassy in Tokyo.

Goodman holds an M.A. in international relations from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) and a B.Sc. in economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). He is a life member of the Council on Foreign Relations and chairman emeritus of the board of trustees of the Japan-America Society of Washington, D.C.

He's a company man spouting the company line. Taking anything at face value is a road best not taken.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Enough about rockets and real economy and all that bs. The real power of the modern economy is tech, and nothing says tech like WeWork, the innovative coworking giant. Let's check in on how they are doing now that RTO is the name of the game in the corporate world...

WeWork has frittered away $46.7 billion in value as the stock sinks below 50 cents, one of the biggest startup failures of all time, and venture capitalists haven't learned a thing

Last week, WeWork was forced to issue an embarrassing press release warning that it was in danger of being delisted from the NYSE because the stock has traded below $1 for so long.

In 2019, WeWork was valued at $47 billion, prior to a disastrous attempt to go public that resulted in the exodus of its flamboyant, controversial founder Adam Neumann. As of Monday, with shares trading at 47 cents and a market cap of $345.7 million, the company has lost some $46.7 billion in value over four years — vanishing like a sand sculpture left in the wind.

When a $47 billion startup shrivels so drastically, who gets hurt? The investors. In this case, Softbank has suffered the most by far. It's Vision Fund is still the largest shareholder of WeWork with over 461.5 million shares, or about 62% of the company.

While it's true that Neumann's WeWork holdings are in sad shape now, he has already been redeemed Silicon Valley style. He's back with a new startup that raised $350 million from the VC giant Andreessen Horowitz in August, 2022 — its biggest check ever — and is back on the tech speaker circuit.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
idk where else to put this

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1650611919395364867

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

sleep with the vicious posted:

While it's true that Neumann's WeWork holdings are in sad shape now, he has already been redeemed Silicon Valley style. He's back with a new startup that raised $350 million from the VC giant Andreessen Horowitz in August, 2022 — its biggest check ever — and is back on the tech speaker circuit.

That's because Neumann is a Mossad spook and is getting propped up to create Pegasus 2.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

capitals new thing - controlling anything that can be considered “too big to fail”

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lmfao that's it?? that barely pays for like 2 computer touchers molesters

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This is just awful

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nothus posted:

It's amazing that we went from building and launching saturn V's on the reg to this total shitshow

Lmao

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1650628330717081602?t=-ZF79mc-fogzads6iURcTw&s=19

Not enough people lmaoing at this.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The real take away is 1960's rocket technology is far beyond the reach of 2020's USA.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Mr. Lobe posted:

This is just awful

It's the loving Los Alamos test of divorced posting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xaris posted:

lmfao that's it?? that barely pays for like 2 computer touchers molesters

That looks like subscribers to Elon Musk, specifically, and not the total subscribers to Super Twitter Blue Super Twitter 2.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

This is just awful

i think he deleted this one too lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hell yeah let's get crazy
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1650703990429204482?t=-hUg09v3jxfT8yUnIdYXfA&s=19

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

theres a nonzero chance the us bails out tethers

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

:jiggled:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/SamAugustDean/status/1650165787057967105?t=4V71QmfMMc2gXnfR-ysgDw&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

theres a nonzero chance the us bails out tethers

Thread title

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

The real take away is 1960's rocket technology is far beyond the reach of 2020's USA.

nah, nasa has its own rocket that it launched a lunar orbit and return mission with just some months ago

this is specifically that musk is a hilariously incompetent buffoon

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

atelier morgan posted:

nah, nasa has its own rocket that it launched a lunar orbit and return mission with just some months ago

this is specifically that musk is a hilariously incompetent buffoon

If NASA really wants to show up musk in a more public way they should launch a petrol guzzling 70's car into high orbit with a cockpit go-pro, the driver dummy wearing a bomber jacket and dark sunglasses.

Something like this but in space. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyZQUEMZlCU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

DancingShade posted:

nazi scientists are in short supply.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

honestly the most impressive thing i've learned is you can convince tens of thousands of degenerate zoomer gambling addicts to drop all their savings/trust fund into propping up a dogshit moribund suburban brick & mortar, literally the dumbest loving moribund B&M store that literally no one likes had more neon signs than las vegas saying it was trash get out now -- all so the rich can flee the escape hatch

and even after they're left holding the bag full of dynamite they say "well... i think they'll come back and go to the moon! lawsuits WILL be FILED if they don't!! also this bag of dynamite might be worth more money than I put in! MOON!

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Hahahahahaha

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
loving lol the past week was a whole week-long deluge of "BIG DD FRC TO THE MOON! FINANCES UNDERRATED THIS IS UR CHANCE GET IN NOW" posts, and it, predictably, flamed out today and everyone is like "huh how could this happen???"

i think GME was a genuine anomaly that caught rich people off guard and since the institutions just adapted their hft spam bots to open the seo-tier spam flood gates upon gambling degenerates using the right lingo to psych them into MOON and prop up dying bleak corporate b&m poo poo up so they can get out.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Apr 25, 2023

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

you can do that?

has anyone won a lawsuit against the SEC

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

actionjackson posted:

you can do that?

has anyone won a lawsuit against the SEC

gooon project: lets sue the SEC

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Xaris posted:

i think GME was a genuine anomaly that caught rich people off guard and since the institutions just adapted their hft spam bots to open the seo-tier spam flood gates upon gambling degenerates using the right lingo to psych them into MOON and prop up dying bleak corporate b&m poo poo up so they can get out.

ohhh I think I finally understand cybernetic capitalism: finance capital is the borg

:hmmyes:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Xaris posted:

lol im in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Xaris posted: