Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

i thought it was because they draw from pop culture... they look nothing like popsicles.....??
maybe a double meaning? they're definitely trying to do the bubblegum eyes from popsicles though, they're spaced identically

i refuse any other origin

e: i also have an irrational hatred of bubblegum eye popsicles going back to the days of buying them from the ice cream truck and always being disappointed

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Now Amiibos on the other hand..

passive electronics and conspicuous consumption, a match made in... a factory somewhere, I guess?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

maybe a double meaning? they're definitely trying to do the bubblegum eyes from popsicles though, they're spaced identically

i refuse any other origin

e: i also have an irrational hatred of bubblegum eye popsicles going back to the days of buying them from the ice cream truck and always being disappointed

not saying you're wrong, just that funko failed at their design goal

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Junko Slops

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

i like collecting cute stuffed animals like sugary carousel and squishmallow and kimchi kawaii and soul catchers and the aphmau meemeow plushes and the cats half of cats vs pickles

only just the cats

the pickles loving SUCK

they arent plushies but i like the cats meow wooden house displays and have some of them too

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The only figurine i own is a Solid Snake amiibo that was on clearance for 5 bucks.
I tried looking for it but it seems I've misplaced it unfortunately.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

did you misplace it... or did it exfiltrate itself??? :ninja:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

because the idea of funko pops is they're supposed to look like those 90s popsicles that had the bubblegum eyes. that's why they're called pops

googly eyes are sold in such a way that you can just slap them on anything already, and they already come in a bunch of different sizes

toys that actually looked like hosed up melty sonics and marios with gumball eyes would look good and be cool objects. the idea of funko pops was created in rat race scenario when a few billionaires are double dog daring and wagering one of the others couldn't sell a toy that looks like dogshit, and one of em took the bet

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the gently caress is going on

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

pretty sure that's just AI-written garbage, probably something from 2020 or 2021 if I were to guess from the syntax?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
pro: nobody will see it
con: you still own it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pros vs cons on why you should stick a funko up your rear end

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
nendoroids are automatically superior to funkos because they have undertale and funko doesn't

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

they also have products with skulls that don't look like they were cribbed from minecraft

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there are several shipping containers' worth of undertale merch out there and i think those might be the ugliest ive seen op. sorry

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
kirby

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the local shop had mouthful mode plushes of cone form and car form kirby and im mad I didn't get one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What Steam games are out there that are similar to the Mega Man / X series? So 2D platformers that are action oriented and not a metroidvania. I know there is 20XX, and I think a sequel is in development?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gunvolt + mighty gunvolt burst

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

What Steam games are out there that are similar to the Mega Man / X series? So 2D platformers that are action oriented and not a metroidvania. I know there is 20XX, and I think a sequel is in development?

Panzer Paladin, sort of
Gravity Circuit whenever that comes out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:kirby:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Kirby racing game called Kirby Derby

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That's fun to say lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

Kirby racing game called Kirby Derby
mystifying they have not done this yet

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
no

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

no!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-2ufHb06Mc

Naganumaposting, Naganumaposting

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
repost

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cursed page

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

kirby sucks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That is one of his abilities, ye.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

those are very cute and I'm guessing also very expensive and hard to get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE.