Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

ChickenMedium posted:

Descent: FreeSpace 3

https://www.pcgamer.com/volition-would-commit-murder-to-make-freespace-3/

That was a decade ago though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The market for space sims is certainly there. Especially big budget AAA ones. Star Citizen has made over 500 million dollars in crowd funding, and that is an imaginary game that you cant even actually play.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The ARPPU is probably way higher for star citizen than for a retail game though. Gotta get those latest spaceship jpegs

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

elden ring but even more gay

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Anyone pick up Cassette Beasts? I was interested but I'm having a hard time finding info on how symmetrical the coop is exactly. I know only player1 can customize their character cosmetically which isn't that big of a deal. But is player1 also in the driver's seat when it comes to the flow of gameplay? Such as, do they have access to more options or decide when cutscenes are triggered, etc? Where does it land on the scale between 'assist buddy' and '50/50'?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

That’s a fun prompt: What would the most “made for you” video game look like? Or does it already exist…
Picross 3D Round 3

also bye simone magus/precision lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What happened now?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

now wait a second here, I remember simone specifically saying, they'd never heard of precision. this doesnt add up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

What happened now?
check the lepers colony

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:staredog:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
who

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

A Bag of Milk posted:

Anyone pick up Cassette Beasts? I was interested but I'm having a hard time finding info on how symmetrical the coop is exactly. I know only player1 can customize their character cosmetically which isn't that big of a deal. But is player1 also in the driver's seat when it comes to the flow of gameplay? Such as, do they have access to more options or decide when cutscenes are triggered, etc? Where does it land on the scale between 'assist buddy' and '50/50'?

Yeah, I bought it. loving around with the co-op a little bit, it seems pretty 50/50. Both players control a character on the overworld, with the same abilities, and both players are able to open/use the menu and stuff. Camera seems to try to follow both players too. In battle, P1 controls the main character, and P2 is their partner, whoever that happens to be at the time. Haven't tried fusions, but given how menus work I would not be surprised if both players have control over fusions at the same time, for better or worse.

I think the only snafu is that if there's ever a partnerless segment in the story, P2 will be out of luck, but I don't know if that really happens outside of the opening 5 minutes of the story.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 30, 2023

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

just someone who made this thread unpleasant to read months ago, and wanted us to encourage them to ask out a starbucks cashier

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I remember them bragging about giving weed edibles to someone without telling them and then defending themselves by saying they were a counsellor so they knew what they were doing???

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

just someone who made this thread unpleasant to read months ago, and wanted us to encourage them to ask out a starbucks cashier

Years ago now, wasn't it? I haven't seen a post by Simone since she was toxxed in the Tim Rogers thread and that was over a year ago.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Walla posted:

Years ago now, wasn't it? I haven't seen a post by Simone since she was toxxed in the Tim Rogers thread and that was over a year ago.
what do I know about time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

it was panera bread tyvm

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's incredibly weird that precision pretended to be a 24 y/o transwoman social worker but also very funny that everyone immediately knew it was precision.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Were the two accounts definitely the same person

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
We may never know

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m glad they were executed with a Colt 1873 Single Action Army Revolver

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Were the two accounts definitely the same person

simone started posting shortly after precision freaked out and quit the forums, posted in all the same places precision did, had all the same hobbies precision had, and when accused of being precision held a grudge over it for weeks. precision started posting again shortly after the toxx ban

so, not definitive, but close enough

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
simone just got permaed for being a precision rereg when precision was permaed, so there's confirmation

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

It's incredibly weird that precision pretended to be a 24 y/o transwoman social worker but also very funny that everyone immediately knew it was precision.

I remember Simone rereged around the time I came back to the site and was very angry and defensive about being accused of being a rereg. Definitely funny and weird.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Checked the lepers colony, and loving gross. Good riddance.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah i couldn't believe what that man was doing to his anus

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They were strangely fixated on Stux weren’t they? I remember them being very hostile in a pathetic somewhat cloying way

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/othatsraspberry/status/1652436571369639936?s=20

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, I bought it. loving around with the co-op a little bit, it seems pretty 50/50. Both players control a character on the overworld, with the same abilities, and both players are able to open/use the menu and stuff. Camera seems to try to follow both players too. In battle, P1 controls the main character, and P2 is their partner, whoever that happens to be at the time. Haven't tried fusions, but given how menus work I would not be surprised if both players have control over fusions at the same time, for better or worse.

I think the only snafu is that if there's ever a partnerless segment in the story, P2 will be out of luck, but I don't know if that really happens outside of the opening 5 minutes of the story.

Neat, thanks for the write up. I'll buy it, it looks real good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I kept getting side tracked by other games, but I finished Yakuza 0. :P It was a 10/10 perfect game. I need a break though from Yakuza before continuing to Y1. Playing all of the series back to back seems like it might be a bad idea.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

simone just got permaed for being a precision rereg when precision was permaed, so there's confirmation

Yeah the admins can check CC info and IPs and so on.Nobody gets permaed for being a rereg without certainty

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hope nobody finds out who I'm a rereg of

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think they were two completely different people who just happened to melt down in the exact same way, over the exact same things

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Hopefully they get the help they need and stay away from this site, because it certainly seemed like it wasn't good for them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat, nice to have the Simone/Precision thing finally confirmed after all this time

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I know

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

homeless snail posted:

my god... it's homeowner slug

Looper
Mar 1, 2012