Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

had a pretty good sesh of tekken and got back up to expert :toot:

hardly anyone hits rematch at this level its wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Look at my funky little ninja

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Those toes…

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How else am I gonna parkour

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

in SHOES like GOD intended

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're shoes! They're just also part of the ninja suit

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

they are also meat. and advanced metallurgics? and also spooky stuff

i bet warframes taste awful. way down the list of edible videogame characters

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

does kirby taste like cotton candy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kirby tastes like kirb, that's how he got the name

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aw I miss all the good drama :lofty: But essentially:

exquisite tea posted:

It's incredibly weird that precision pretended to be a 24 y/o transwoman social worker but also very funny that everyone immediately knew it was precision.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I went hard on saying Simone was precision from the go because the Simone account started yelling at me about something and then brought up how I had talked poo poo about the user precision in a goon discord - one that hadn’t had the link posted on the forums in over a year at that point, and this was in the first couple months after the Simone reg date - but then was like no I’m not precision, I just found this old discord where you were being mean about someone I don’t know so thought I would bring it up in this unrelated argument!!!!!!

I truly deeply detested precision - as well as everything else, the way they would constantly play the victim and use the threat of them hurting themselves in some way as a weapon was loving despicable - and am glad they won’t be around anymore, but also feel weird about quote-unquote celebrating it given the ban reason suggesting some serious harm was caused to someone

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'll be honest folks I've been posting on this website for like 15 years and I don't recall a single detail about any of you

Too busy thinkin about them videogames

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i only remember avatars. please do not change your avatar i will forget you

at least VG keeps the kirby theme, that helps a bit

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Kerrzhe posted:

i only remember avatars. please do not change your avatar i will forget you

I can't promise I won't just keep making mine bigger

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

in this increasingly mad world, i strive to remain an island of stability by not changing my avatar for 17 years and continuing to post only inoffensively milquetoast opinions and glaringly wrong declarations

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

That’s a fun prompt: What would the most “made for you” video game look like?

Dota but everyone is holding hands and dancing like that no lawyers bit in the Simpsons

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

I can't promise I won't just keep making mine bigger

if smissel takes over the entire forums that's a sacrifice i'm willing to make

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Dota but everyone is holding hands and dancing like that no lawyers bit in the Simpsons

Lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm gonna miss precisions epic meltdowns in the mtg arena thread

...or rather I would if I still played arena/read the thread

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Anyway dream game time:

Spiritual successor to Escape Velocity that I can play with a controller

Or maybe a space 4x that's actually good unlike stellaris

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

fridge corn posted:

I'm gonna miss precisions epic meltdowns in the mtg arena thread

...or rather I would if I still played arena/read the thread

Lol didn't know it was that long of a posting pattern. I haven't even been playing MtG a whole year yet and thought I heard about every loss precision ever had, all owed to factors outside their control.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I kept getting side tracked by other games, but I finished Yakuza 0. :P It was a 10/10 perfect game. I need a break though from Yakuza before continuing to Y1. Playing all of the series back to back seems like it might be a bad idea.

:yeshaha:

Of the Yakuza/Judgement/LAD games I've played so far it's out and out #1 for me.
Tonally perfect the whole way through.

Just some of the absolute best boss fights in the series, particularly the dynamic intros, coupled with absolute bangers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhemxr9Wdm0&t=104s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkdT2OKvzsk

When you do get to Yakuza 1, play it on the easiest setting.
Very good game, very good story. Just some of the boss fights are straight up damage sponges, you're really only playing Yak1 to get to Yak2
The ending fight to Yak2 is :kiss:

If you're playing more Yakuza games in the future I'd def recommend Yak1->Yak2->Judgement->Lost Judgement
Reason for that is it's continued refinement of the battle systems from Yak0. Lost Judgement has an amazing flow to fights
Yak3 is good, but it's def more a HD version than a remaster like 1+2, so you're going back to an 'old' fighting system

Judgement games have an amazing soundtrack as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBcLs8EozCc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-u53hugrdM

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

It's incredibly weird that precision pretended to be a 24 y/o transwoman social worker but also very funny that everyone immediately knew it was precision.

idk if that happened? simone said they were nb, not trans, which precision also said. I don't think it was part of the character, I think they just decided, in their fresh start, to talk more about themselves

it sure was a thing that in their attempt at a fresh start they were 5x more unbearable though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Other hosed up perma recently was Podima, who from the sounds of the ban note was doing some lovely non-consensual RP games poo poo with goons off site - most games are run via discord channels these days

He was a big part of the mafia games community here, so that was hosed up to read

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

cheetah7071 posted:

idk if that happened? simone said they were nb, not trans, which precision also said. I don't think it was part of the character, I think they just decided, in their fresh start, to talk more about themselves

it sure was a thing that in their attempt at a fresh start they were 5x more unbearable though

A big part of re-regging for me was being open about being trans and not wanting to be tied to an account with my dead name attached to it it felt like an old person. Especially because it had unmedicated schizo posting. Once I got on meds and recovered I didn't really want that to be tied to me anymore. So I could see why someone would start being open on a re-reg.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Boba Pearl posted:

A big part of re-regging for me was being open about being trans and not wanting to be tied to an account with my dead name attached to it it felt like an old person. Especially because it had unmedicated schizo posting. Once I got on meds and recovered I didn't really want that to be tied to me anymore. So I could see why someone would start being open on a re-reg.

precision was also open about being enby, they probably just didn't want to misgender themselves

Infinitum posted:

Other hosed up perma recently was Podima, who from the sounds of the ban note was doing some lovely non-consensual RP games poo poo with goons off site - most games are run via discord channels these days

He was a big part of the mafia games community here, so that was hosed up to read

Yeah I read the SAD thread where all that came out, the LC entry undersells how hosed up the situation was

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

cheetah7071 posted:

SM was a whole persona precision made around being an Irish lesbian immigrant living in the Deep South. I normally don't even pay attention to this poo poo, I only remember it because it was constant and deeply weird. Precision would make in-character posts as SM calling her parents "mum and dad." FYI the "real" precision is divorced ~45 y/o old person from the west coast. You can look through their post history for all the bizarre little details, I don't really care to make a whole sagas thread about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I cannot stress how deeply funny it is that everyone saw through the disguise immediately

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

exquisite tea posted:

SM was a whole persona precision made around being an Irish lesbian immigrant living in the Deep South. I normally don't even pay attention to this poo poo, I only remember it because it was constant and deeply weird. Precision would make in-character posts as SM calling her parents "mum and dad." FYI the "real" precision is divorced ~45 y/o old person from the west coast. You can look through their post history for all the bizarre little details, I don't really care to make a whole sagas thread about it.

loving lmao, good god what an insane thing to do.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Meltdown May just arrives earlier every year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

My classes are starting to tick into the level 40 range. It feels like such a huge step even though it's not even halfway to 90. The 30s lasted a good long while and the 40s are likely to last even longer and then I finally hit ARR endgame and then gosh there's 4 other games to get through.

I love Final Fantasy 14 :3:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Kerrzhe posted:

had a pretty good sesh of tekken and got back up to expert :toot:

hardly anyone hits rematch at this level its wild

I’ve been running into this issue too, it’s annoying. Then you find the one person who will and you get through ten matches with them.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It seem like Taylor Swift has gotten the last laugh after all.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I cannot stress how deeply funny it is that everyone saw through the disguise immediately

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

I love Final Fantasy 14 :3:

And it just gets better from where you're at!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Did anyone pick up the Advanced Wars remake? That released this week, right?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

It actually came out last week, but it is also 60 dollars when it really should be 40 or I guess 50 these days.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Infinitum posted:

:yeshaha:

Of the Yakuza/Judgement/LAD games I've played so far it's out and out #1 for me.
Tonally perfect the whole way through.

Just some of the absolute best boss fights in the series, particularly the dynamic intros, coupled with absolute bangers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhemxr9Wdm0&t=104s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkdT2OKvzsk

One of my favorite moments in gaming is the final Kuze fight when the leitmotif from Oath of Demon kicks in. God 0 was so good, so glad it was my intro to LAD because I’m truly rude or die for it now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

One of my favorite moments in gaming is the final Kuze fight when the leitmotif from Oath of Demon kicks in. God 0 was so good, so glad it was my intro to LAD because I’m truly rude or die for it now.

Kuze is so great.

Oath of Enma is the counterpart to Pledge of Demon, and is more about his pride as a man than his loyalty at a member of the Yakuza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d59CAI-CbUA

Y0 really is a "No notes" sorta game.
Just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I have purchased the Zelda OLED Switch and now I am playing Metroid on a Sheikah Slate.