Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...
pixel Absorbing Man, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CitizenKeen posted:

This is the answer. Stop thinking in analog, think digital. There is a new card that is the "merged" version of both Hulkbuster and whatever it merged with.

Related question: Hulkbuster, Cerebro, Helicarrier, and Quinjet are the only collectible* card that are not a character. (They're a suit and a vehicle, respectively) What other not-characters are ripe for inclusion?

Obvious first choice answer is the Spider-Mobile, but I think the Fantasticar, X-Jet, and the Ultimate Nullifier are ripe for inclusion.

* Non-collectible includes things like the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir. Am I missing any from the collectible list?

The Atomic Steed!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

uXs posted:

I got the Gambit drawn by Jamie McKelvie.

I quite like it. Not 110€ like it though.

I already have two collector arts that I'd rather use (dan hipp and Ivan shavrin) even if I was in a position to spend a hundred bucks on this game

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 4, 2023

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I got Chibi Maria hill.

Better then pixels

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Dan Hipp Bast! Not bad for a free variant. When Ben Brode was on stream with Bynx earlier this week he said that Luke Cage was underrated. I was hoping for a buff. This is a good start.

He was also adamant that Bynx use the Hello! emote to start every game. If you get a Hello! maybe it’s Ben.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Pixel Angel, my fifth consecutive pixel from mystery variants.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

chibi rockslide

nice, something I'll actually use

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Have they ever commented on how universally hated the Pixel variants seem to be? I kinda feel bad for the artist.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

Have they ever commented on how universally hated the Pixel variants seem to be? I kinda feel bad for the artist.

I don’t think it’s “an” artist. The Chibis and the Pixels are all created by “G-Angle” which I have to imagine is some small art design studio that they contracted out with. I think they purposefully were put in there as a “floor” for variants. Even the best Pixel variants (Odin, Killmonger, Hellcow) all have even better variants. Basically a booby prize so when you get a good variant it feels a bit better.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Hobo Clown posted:

They were made by https://www.g-angle.com

Pretty sure that's not just an individual artist, seems like they were just produced in batch for the cheapest price possible.

Regardless, most of them are just bad.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If I drop red skull then taskmaster then Zola the taskmaster, will tm keep his power (tm, the last card played is dead), copy red skull again, or copy Zola?

When you Zola the Taskmaster, the last fully played card will be Taskmaster. Since TM is cloned and his ability was a 'set', TM should keep his power, but then since the original TM was destroyed, the copy should whiff.

So you end up with two Taskmasters of the same size.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't hate how they look if you manage to fill out a whole deck with them, but they just don't work mixed in with the non-pixel arts like all the rest of the variants manage to do

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

i don't hate how they look if you manage to fill out a whole deck with them, but they just don't work mixed in with the non-pixel arts like all the rest of the variants manage to do

Alternatively, they look alright when they’re on the board, but when you look at them closely they’re abominable.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Sandwolf posted:

Alternatively, they look alright when they’re on the board, but when you look at them closely they’re abominable.

So like.. Pixel art.

Killmonger is probably the best pixel one I've seen, but I don't hate Cyclops or Shocker.

https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/killmonger-01/

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

New Leaf posted:

So like.. Pixel art.

When I look at 8bit Mario up close I don’t go “uhh, is that supposed to be a face..?”

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Hobo Clown posted:

What's funny is that someone recently dug up a Reddit thread from the time of the beta and people loved them then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap...nt=share_button

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you can set https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/ to just pixels and i think on average they're fine? and there's even a few of them i'd rather have than the base versions, like killmonger

i do think the most common ones are just garbo and that colors how people feel in general

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wish they would classify like pixel and baby as common and uncommon or whatever and rare stuff is actually rare and super rare already is super rare

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you play iron fist and then hulk buster something, does the combination get punted?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, and that's a pretty central part of move decks

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Don't tell me about Luke and cerebro when c3 lays gutted without sera. Baby ant man, eh. I did gey typhoid mary from a cache tho which means I'm only missing zero from the remove ongoing deck/sauron shuri.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jokymi posted:

What's funny is that someone recently dug up a Reddit thread from the time of the beta and people loved them then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap...nt=share_button

From what I've heard from streamers who were playing during beta, the pixel variants were prized because you could only get them through collection level. So they were kind of a flex of how deep you were in the pool. They started to be despised when they showed up on ladder and in the season pass and store.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also I decided to log in today and the season reset put me at rank 10? I'm pretty sure I was in the 50's before I stopped playing last month. It honestly might be enough to let me play again as the climb through the 30's and 40's is pretty chill and about as close to a casual mode as the game gets.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
If i am instantly snapping when you drop Wong it's because I have Cosmo in-hand and priority. I mean I guess I could be bluffing but just...why?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Got Pixel Death

Been slowly climbing back up with same deck I hit infinite with. Getting buffs to Enchantress and Luke is cool. Nerf to Lizard hasn't really been an issue.

Scarlet Witch has given me some ridic luck the last couple of days, like turning a location into Necrosha after I have Luke out, or into Kamar Taj when my opponent played Hobgoblin. Also, Killmonger is doing some heavyy lifting, especially against Nebula and Rocket.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I will sometimes drop Wong himself as a bluff! Haha!

Granted my game is already going pretty badly if I’m doing that.

I got sports Quicksilver; I’d rather have a pixel of an actual usable card honestly.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
My inbox mystery variant was chibi red skull :barf:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I got the America Chavez by McKelvie.

Hobo Clown posted:

Most are bad, but I like my Hawkeye one, and kind of want Nightcrawler and Sentinel. They remind me of lovely DOS freeware games.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Quackles posted:

When you Zola the Taskmaster, the last fully played card will be Taskmaster. Since TM is cloned and his ability was a 'set', TM should keep his power, but then since the original TM was destroyed, the copy should whiff.

So you end up with two Taskmasters of the same size.

Pretty sure Zola becomes the last played card once the TM gets destroyed and you end up with 2 0 power TMs.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Psikotik posted:

Pretty sure Zola becomes the last played card once the TM gets destroyed and you end up with 2 0 power TMs.

Nope. Zola isn't the last played card until his On Reveal completes. Same as how if you play Jubilee and it pulls Taskmaster, Taskmaster will copy whatever you played before Jubilee.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pixel Squirrel Girl, i've only ever got pixel variants from the compensation

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I got a chibi Enchantress. I don't really like the chibi variants but this one isn't bad as far as they go.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Happy with the Luke Cage buff, I was already running him and Enchantress in my Sera deck that I already thought was good and now they're both buffed it's even better.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, Luke was already a huge staple for me (and I've got residual fondness for him being my first series 4 card when 4 and 5 initially launched) so even a little bump is appreciated; I might try him in C2 now as well.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Red posted:

I got the America Chavez by McKelvie.

Most are bad, but I like my Hawkeye one, and kind of want Nightcrawler and Sentinel. They remind me of lovely DOS freeware games.

The Goose pixel variant is really cute and is in my shop.

I'm actually a bit tempted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

uXs posted:

The Goose pixel variant is really cute and is in my shop.

I'm actually a bit tempted.

Goose has so many good variants

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I see that the worst card in the game, Orka, got a buff, along with Collector and Luke Cage. I don't really get those last two but alright.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Pixel Iron-man. Neither good nor bad enough to wrap around into a different sort of good.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Pixel Iron Fist :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Got lucky with a card that exemplifies how I feel today, the Friday morning of a work week