Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Absum posted:

Wait what? I tried talked to it on the first day and it said it was daily but every time I've tried since then it wouldn't let me interact with it so I assumed it was just a one time thing.

Today was the second time I could interact with it since day 1. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I got a nicer meal? I guess researchers don't eat that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Path of elation in SU and all the follow up attack boons means your other 3 people are sitting around waiting for the enemy to attack Clara or her ult and then Svarog lasering everything down for massive damage.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I wonder if the trip up the technobabble thingamajig with Sampo on Jarilo was cut content. It's very prominent on the planet map, and they talk about like it's gonna be dangerous and dramatic.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Finally getting a break to actually play this again, haven't been able to do anything but spend stamina and do dailies

Whats a quicker way to get to level 35 for those tickets? The main story, or the sidequests? I've barely landed in space china and it feels like it might be best to do the main story to pick up chests and stuff. But I'll do the sidequests first if that's faster. Really wanna see what I get in that standard thingy, don't wanna do something like buy the hunt cone from the herta shop and get the 5 star hunt cone from standard lol

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

I wonder if the trip up the technobabble thingamajig with Sampo on Jarilo was cut content. It's very prominent on the planet map, and they talk about like it's gonna be dangerous and dramatic.

Did they? The only mention I can remember of it is as you're going to it, him saying it's a lot of stairs.

Nobody wants to walk up a lot of stairs.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Zenostein posted:

Did they? The only mention I can remember of it is as you're going to it, him saying it's a lot of stairs.

Nobody wants to walk up a lot of stairs.

I can't recall the specifics, I just remember that it just happened in between two dialogue lines and that was a bit sudden.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

YES bread posted:

at first I was down on Clara as a unit because i'm anti-baby, but I've turned around just because they're so fun to use. it is still funny every time Svarog materializes to laser people in the face

this also

Admittedly that ult animation is incredibly badass.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Endorph posted:

the cliche anime child is my friend

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

Goddam the jump in resource cost when transitioning from 50 to 60 is no joke

If it's like Genshin, it'll become pretty easy to get people to ~80 once we have access to the highest level domains (that drop far more items). It's just expensive when you only have access to the first 3 or 4 tiers.

At least we don't have to scour a large open world searching for ascension items like in Genshin. It's nice being able to just run a domain a few times.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure if that would really work out, since the amount of Trailblazer XP you get from spending fuel seems pretty low and wouldn't add up to much.

Spending fuel for trailblaze exp is worth it if you've done all the quests and opened all the chests. I'm sure there's some break even point where leveling with daily stuff and saving or spending is comparable. If you could have hit 40 and equilibriumed up and haven't, then at some point you are spending energy for less than you'd be getting back otherwise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

If it's like Genshin, it'll become pretty easy to get people to ~80 once we have access to the highest level domains (that drop far more items). It's just expensive when you only have access to the first 3 or 4 tiers.

At least we don't have to scour a large open world searching for ascension items like in Genshin. It's nice being able to just run a domain a few times.
Also no RNG on boss drops.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Clara's big enough that I figured she was Cliche Anime Teenager instead of Cliche Anime Child, since she's not on the standard pattern Mihoyo child body like Hook. She's like the same size as Qingque.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Qingque is extremely tiny, but I guess she has a full time job. Unless the Xianzhou Luofu doesn't have child labor laws.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Spending fuel for trailblaze exp is worth it if you've done all the quests and opened all the chests. I'm sure there's some break even point where leveling with daily stuff and saving or spending is comparable. If you could have hit 40 and equilibriumed up and haven't, then at some point you are spending energy for less than you'd be getting back otherwise.

Yeah, but how much earlier are you actually hitting that threshold due to using the fuel items? If it's just a day or two (and it's probably not more than that, since I think you only get around 300 from each fuel item), I don't imagine it's worth it (since you'd only be benefiting from the extra day or two's worth of natural fuel spending).

I could see it being worth using a couple if you're super close to a threshold after doing that day's dailies, but otherwise I don't think you'd benefit from it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Clarste posted:

Qingque is extremely tiny, but I guess she has a full time job. Unless the Xianzhou Luofu doesn't have child labor laws.

I can't figure out if QQ is a short lived person or a long lived one?

Like, is she 200 years old???

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

she's a graduate with a full-time job in what I assume is the HSR equivalent of IT. she's held a job for ten years post-graduation. she's small but i don't think she's a child, just incredibly lazy.

admittedly mihoyo is obnoxiously coy about the ages of their characters and the xianzhou being full of "long-life" species doesn't help.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

One of the xianshou says he's about 300 and that he's "still a child"

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

I can't figure out if QQ is a short lived person or a long lived one?

Like, is she 200 years old???

I think everyone native to that place is long-lived because their ancestors were cursed by The Abundance with a horrible form of immortality that doesn’t even let them get important surgeries or alter their body in any way. But that also seems to have given them a much different view on time compared to everyone else, and they treat a century or two as maybe a few years.

This isn’t even getting into the dragon people with their perpetual reincarnation or the fact they store the souls of everyone who dies there in a massive databank deep in the bowels of the Luofa and can stick them in an automaton to question them if need be.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Kanos posted:

Clara's big enough that I figured she was Cliche Anime Teenager instead of Cliche Anime Child, since she's not on the standard pattern Mihoyo child body like Hook. She's like the same size as Qingque.

qingque barely comes up to the door switches. She's gotta reach up for them, which is fun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think clara's meant to be like 14-15. she's a little sheltered (because giant robot) but she seems like, capable of forming complex thoughts.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Does the standard banner alternate between cones and characters? I felt like I had been shortchanged for characters (I only have 11 total including all free ones, after 87 standard rolls + 50 beginner), so out of curiosity I went through the standard banner and noticed that all of my 4*s alternated between characters and light cones, not sure if it is just coincidence or not. Also, apparently all of my 4* have been pity rolls too, currently 2 4* less than expected after 86 rolls, subtracting the guaranteed Asta.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 7, 2023

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

One of the xianshou says he's about 300 and that he's "still a child"

Though if that's the one I'm thinking of that's more because of him being terrible than anything related to the whole of the species :cheeky:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Svarog is amazing and it's just such a shame he's stapled to Cliche Anime Child.

I still want Clara eventually anyways but man it would be so much cooler if he was his own character.

How can you hate on this dynamic?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That Clara ult animation is dope enough for me to want to roll on her. Are any of the other ult animations as good?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pain of Mind posted:

Does the standard banner alternate between cones and characters? I felt like I had been shortchanged for characters (I only have 11 total including all free ones, after 87 standard rolls + 50 beginner), so out of curiosity I went through the standard banner and noticed that all of my 4*s alternated between characters and light cones, not sure if it is just coincidence or not. Also, apparently all of my 4* have been pity rolls too, currently 2 4* less than expected after 86 rolls, subtracting the guaranteed Asta.

Nope, you can get 2 5* LCs in a row on standard, or 4*.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

That Clara ult animation is dope enough for me to want to roll on her. Are any of the other ult animations as good?
welt's owns

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Less than 100 pulls away from "choose a character" on the standard banner and I am really torn between Clara and Welt. My current 5*s are Bronya and Yanqing, and I will be getting Silver Wolf and Kafka in the future as well. I don't really lack any roles in my roster at the moment, though a second healer would be nice, but do I really want to burn a one-time-ever guarantee on a healer?

Hard pity is 50ish rolls out, so I'll know if I get lucky well beforehand at least.

Pain of Mind posted:

Technically not that we're explicitly told anywhere, but based on Genshin's standard banner at least, there's a very good likelyhood that every 3rd 5* (and/or 4*) is guaranteed to be a different type, character or weapon, if you managed to pull 2 of the same type in a row prior. But again, not confirmed anywhere in writing that I've seen, and that's assuming they run the same set of rules Genshin does (which they seem to so far).

TV Zombie posted:

Here's a video of all character ults with the JP dub that doesn't have some idiot spewing memes over the whole thing. Take your pick. It's neat that even the 4* characters have unique animations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0p-QN9r684

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 7, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TV Zombie posted:

Seele's is a flashbang that they've had to put out a notice they're changing, it'd be kinda nice if not for that. It's not fancy but I think Yanqing's is pretty slick.

Depends what you go for as "good" really.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have zero idea what this game is about but this came up in my youtube tab and it's a legit advertisement for the game which makes it all the stranger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcB4tjHR9Ik

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Himiko has a nice cup of coffee while an orbital laser obliterates the countryside.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bussamove posted:

Himiko has a nice cup of coffee while an orbital laser obliterates the countryside.

this one's my current favorite

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I have zero idea what this game is about but this came up in my youtube tab and it's a legit advertisement for the game which makes it all the stranger.
youtube advertising for mobile games is insanely terrible. arknights had one where they call a lion girl a fox and talk about how much they want to gently caress her for like 2 minutes.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Bland posted:

How can you hate on this dynamic?

Don't get me wrong it's a cool dynamic, it's just...

Pure-hearted cinnamon roll anime girls is just one of those archetypes that feels played out to death and it grates me even when it's relatively benign. Anime loves to overuse this kinda character too.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Whatever this is I didn't even get to wherever Star Rail is mentioned in it.

It seems like a completely unappealing video about gross nerd stereotypes and I'm not sure how it's an advertisement for anything. But as Endorph said, mobile game ads are uniquely terrible.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

youtube advertising for mobile games is insanely terrible. arknights had one where they call a lion girl a fox and talk about how much they want to gently caress her for like 2 minutes.

I have a friend who was a professional white guy for an Asia-only mobile game and what he told me about the ad he was on sounded bizarre as hell.

TV Zombie posted:

I like Qingque smashing a giant mahjong tile down on enemies but I like her in general, her voice lines are just incredibly bratty in a good way. In English, at least.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah it's weird.

Anyways this game is about a train in outer space or something?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah it's weird.

Anyways this game is about a train in outer space or something?
its a train that travels to various planets to hunt down magic rocks that are loving the planets up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

God I want to be a professional white guy

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Arc Hammer posted:

Okay I take it back. Clara is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I knew a (white) girl in college who went on to do voice acting in South Korea (though I think just for business stuff). She was a goon actually, though pretty sure she doesn't post anymore.

sushibandit posted:

Less than 100 pulls away from "choose a character" on the standard banner and I am really torn between Clara and Welt.

How can this happen unless you're spending your crystals on standard tickets? If you are, you probably shouldn't do that. I understand the temptation to reach that threshold sooner (I'm at around 70 right now so getting close to soft pity), but it'll happen on its own in time.