Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I did just notice that the "Recommended Gear" button prioritizes mainstat over level, which is nice. Wondered why it would equip a pair of +0 Musketeer boots over a +6 pair and it made sense when the +6 pair had HP%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The good: Testing out Serval today and she's actually really fun (I love DoT playstyles)
The bad: hooray three nihility runs in SU with zero nihility boons in the first five draws

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Rank 39 now, out of side quests and treasure to get. Now I’m just working on leveling up the last few traces for tingyun and then I’ll be good until I hit 40 and have to ascend and work on everyone again.

I have about 9 trailblazer fuel left I’m tempted to burn a few for more exp but it’s probably not worth it over just using the natural regen to get there. It’s just being on the threshold always has me so impatient.

Also I just noticed the simulated universe rewards track for me now has immersifiers which it definitely didn’t before. Is this based off your rank or does it just change weekly ?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It increases based on your EL level on reset.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
How do I use Yanqing? He seems not great. Level, his cone, and his traces are all par with the rest of my team, but he does like half the damage of Welt, Dan Hung, or Clara.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

How do I use Yanqing? He seems not great. Level, his cone, and his traces are all par with the rest of my team, but he does like half the damage of Welt, Dan Hung, or Clara.

put him on a team with aggro management away from him. March + tank, fireblazer, whatever. he doesn't like getting hit.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I got Bailou from the Standard Banner this morning, so I guess that's goodbye to Natasha forever except for niche two party situations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Bailu doesn’t have a Cleanse

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh. The second phase of the Sim Universe 6 boss is a little different from what I expected. That's cute.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Leraika posted:

put him on a team with aggro management away from him. March + tank, fireblazer, whatever. he doesn't like getting hit.

Specifically, you have to spam his skill every turn because if he ever does a normal attack (or takes damage) he loses his buff. Which, combined with his ult, gives him nearly 100% crit rate before gear.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 8, 2023

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Clarste posted:

Specifically, you have to spam his skill because if he ever does a normal attack (or takes damage) he loses his buff. Which, combined with his ult, gives him nearly 100% crit rate before gear.

Does taking damage include AOE stuff?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Clarste posted:

Unrelatedly, everyone is assuming the next MC form will be The Hunt because we're on the Huntboat, but I think it would be very funny if we ended up getting Abundance instead. Might work out better in terms of roles too, unless they suddenly add a ton of healers so we're not all forced to rely on Natasha or pull specific 5 stars.

I'd be incredibly surprised if they did it since it would be a terrible idea, but it would be hilarious if you got Abundance if you ate the pill and Hunt if not

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Only one more to go and I'll be done with the Ability Tree in Simulated Universe.
Gets really expensive down there.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I downloaded the CN dub and gave it a try, Qingque's not bad but she lacks the bratty energy that EN has which is a shame. EN Svarog is a lot better than CN IMO.

Cleared SU5, dinged 40 and got to EL3, time to farm up a storm.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

heavy liquid posted:

Only one more to go and I'll be done with the Ability Tree in Simulated Universe.
Gets really expensive down there.

holy crap

edit: help me mister Svarog *bwamooooom* lives rent free in my head

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 8, 2023

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

holy crap

edit: help me mister Svarog *bwamooooom* lives rent free in my head

I wish I had Clara :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

What a difference 10 levels make. :v:

I guess it's time to challenge 3-2 next.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The limitations of the dailies and such are kind of nice imo because I just reached EQ 2, and progressing means burning a lot of fuel when I could spread it out throughout the week instead, so progess in Xianzhou Luofu is kinda slow, and progess in-game in general feels steadier than what I'm seeing in this thread.

The downside to this is that I'm missing out on max EQ rewards, but it's a fair trade to avoid the nothing-to-do-gotta-do-everything slingshot. All of this was pretty much my strategy in Genshin too.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Does taking damage include AOE stuff?

Yea but if he has a shield, like from March or fireMC and doesn’t take real hp damage, he still keeps the buff

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I got Bailou from the Standard Banner this morning, so I guess that's goodbye to Natasha forever except for niche two party situations.

Good luck with debuffs

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Ytlaya posted:

I also like the amount of optional content you can encounter just through trying things out. I tapped on the case for one of the curios in the space station a bunch and it randomly fixed the curio, so Asta texted me and gave me two of those good moral items (which are amusingly spent to do bad things like fish items out of a wishing well or open up an abandoned suitcase you found).

Not sure exactly what triggered it, but at least when I tried it I didn't actually need to spend moral approval to open the suitcase. I told the narrator when it asked I had absolutely no idea what a ticking suitcase meant, it responded by explaining how it might be a bomb, and when it tried to bring up spending moral approval I just kept picking the option to insist we didn't have time to talk about that when they just said there's a BOMB to deal with!!!! and eventually it was forced to relent and let me open it anyway.

This also gave an achievement for successfully navigating a moral quandary unscathed, which is great and hilarious except for the part were it implies the existence of missable unlisted achievements (unless there's an equivalent value one for opening it the other way).

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Nick Buntline posted:

Not sure exactly what triggered it, but at least when I tried it I didn't actually need to spend moral approval to open the suitcase. I told the narrator when it asked I had absolutely no idea what a ticking suitcase meant, it responded by explaining how it might be a bomb, and when it tried to bring up spending moral approval I just kept picking the option to insist we didn't have time to talk about that when they just said there's a BOMB to deal with!!!! and eventually it was forced to relent and let me open it anyway.

This also gave an achievement for successfully navigating a moral quandary unscathed, which is great and hilarious except for the part were it implies the existence of missable unlisted achievements (unless there's an equivalent value one for opening it the other way).

The amount of unlisted achievements I’ve gotten for conversation decisions makes me think there’s equivalent values for each decision ?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I would like SU3-2 to start giving me 5* orbs instead of only 5* ropes all the time with my free coins.

Also man SU3-2 Gepard doesn't gently caress around, although if my supports weren't underleveled and he didn't wipe them in phase 3 then I would probably have been able to beat him. Sadly Elation Clara can't solo him.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

why do i suddenly need so many mats once i dinged el3 please help

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibblebibble posted:

why do i suddenly need so many mats once i dinged el3 please help

It's so many.

Sampo is starving and he cannot scam his way out of needing Eleven Million Keys :negative:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

is there any reason not to just pick event or occurance in SU?
it seems like 90% of the time it gives way more than just a single combat battle blessing

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I've heard people talk about the puzzles resetting when you've finished them all the first time. I've done them all, including the dailies that run for 3 days but can't see how to unlock the next stage. As far as I can see there are no more puzzle pieces on the maps (including the repeatable ones), is there someone I need to speak to?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

GateOfD posted:

it seems like 90% of the time it gives way more than just a single combat battle blessing

Battles quite often gives 2-3 blessings and some coins, and if you get lucky maybe a corrupted code curio. Events worse than that seem pretty common

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

You don't need to grind them I tjink

I'm Trailblazer 37 with the main story completed, a bunch of side quests still to do, and I'm pretty sure the side quests alone would push me close to 40, let alone all the other sources including the fact dailies give you a bunch

And there's no reason to push past 40 atm

Yeah, I have a bunch of companion quests left that I'm taking my time with, because I know there will be much less stuff to do once I finish. Currently I'll usually do the daily assignment + spend fuel and then one or two of my quests.

Haven't even caught up with the story quest yet. I made the mistake of doing it quickly in Genshin, so I'm trying to stretch it out here.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Doug Sisk posted:

I've heard people talk about the puzzles resetting when you've finished them all the first time. I've done them all, including the dailies that run for 3 days but can't see how to unlock the next stage. As far as I can see there are no more puzzle pieces on the maps (including the repeatable ones), is there someone I need to speak to?
It's only the cube puzzles that do that, as far as I know.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doug Sisk posted:

Only the cubes reset.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
does bronya's super cone come from any place other then the pity shop, I don't see it anywhere

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

does bronya's super cone come from any place other then the pity shop, I don't see it anywhere

afaik all of the pity shop light cones can be randomly gotten from the standard banner

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Will more 5* Light Cones be added to Herta's shop later? I'm thinking of saving my "Herta tokens" if so, since I'm not crazy about any of the current options.

Endorph posted:

In genshin's case:

There are a few limited time events per patch. Usually, one larger event with a decent amount of story and the others are smaller and more gameplay-focused.
Each patch is about 6 weeks, split up into two limited banners that are 3 weeks each.
Each patch has new story content of some kind, be it main story or side story stuff.
Each patch also introduces new side quests and other gameplay content, like new areas, bosses, etc.

We can assume this will be similar.

One thing Genshin benefits from is that its open world is a big time-filler. So when new story content is released, you also have the new big open world area to explore. I think that's part of why this game needs more other stuff to do (like the SU) to compensate.

That being said, I feel like the story content has been more substantive in this. I could probably get through an entire Genshin main quest for a specific country in just 2-3 hours, but I've spent way longer with the first two "chapters" of the story for this than I did all the release story content in Genshin (if you cut out world exploration). It helps that I also find the non-companion side quests in this way more interesting than the ones in Genshin, particularly on the space station (which just generally has a really cool vibe to it).

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I love the CN track especially since it's a CN game but I'm also incredibly biased since I understand it enough that I get stuff that's lost in translation.

Like how everyone in Xianzhou Luofu talks like they stepped out of a historical drama. And how the researcher you run after at one point loves ending his lines with idioms half-sung in Chinese-opera-style. Also Qingque's mahjong lines make me happy.

I'm never going to stop vouching for the CN track in Hoyo games.

I'd probably listen to it if I understood Chinese at all (and might give it a try just to see what it's like, since Chinese at least sounds pretty normal to me since I had Chinese coworkers for almost a decade; I can at least pick up on things like "what are individual words").

Your reason is similar to the one I virtually always use the JP track for JP games - I understand it enough that I'm getting information from both the voiced lines and subtitles (and there are frequently elements that don't make it through to the English dubs).

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

GateOfD posted:

Battles are definitely the way to go if you want to pick up the right blessings for path resonance.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Your reason is similar to the one I virtually always use the JP track for JP games - I understand it enough that I'm getting information from both the voiced lines and subtitles (and there are frequently elements that don't make it through to the English dubs).
If you play Hoyo's games with English text and Japanese VO, you can tell when at least one translation must be deviating from the original Chinese because they differ from each other, but not which, or if it's both. That's a fun minigame.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 8, 2023

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Clara almost solo'd SU Kafka's last phase. So close. I should cave and level up Natasha since I'm sure I could eventually do Kafka without cleanse but having it will likely make it doable next shot.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

After beating my head against the wall that is SU 6 all of last week, I finally got through it with my suboptimal team now that my dps(Clara) is level 60. At level 50, I kept dying about 50% of the way into phase 3. Kinda disappointed I couldn't close it out at TL2, but oh well!

World 3-2 ended up being a cakewalk in comparison. That fight seems tailor-made for Clara shenanigans.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Oh... Forgotten Hall levels 11/12 are really easy even with 2-3 characters once you're TB40+.

Anyone know if Jing Yuan is worth pulling for as a primary dps without his LC? Erudition seems to be in kind of an awkward position with team comps since single-target is so important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

acumen posted:

Anyone know if Jing Yuan is worth pulling for as a primary dps without his LC? Erudition seems to be in kind of an awkward position with team comps since single-target is so important.

How are you going to pull for him when he's not on a rate up? Or are you talking about using the 300 roll standard banner pity thing on him?