Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

also not a boomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Centrist Committee posted:

i was with you until you started talking about raising taxes 😡

what if you relabel sales and consumption taxes as "the poors tax" and jack it up to the stratosphere

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Justin Tyme posted:

If McCarthy lets it happen he's going to be remembered as a historically bad majority leader

He already will have a footnote for the leader vote debacle!

absent biden folding, which seems unlikely, mccarthy doesn't have any choice

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

If McCarthy lets it happen he's going to be remembered as a historically bad majority leader

He already will have a footnote for the leader vote debacle!

I don't remember who was in charge last shutdown and I'm a politics sicko. History doesn't matter in the short term

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Spiking posted:

this guy def a re-reg account of that guy who used to astroturf the climate change thread in DND in like 2008 that carbon dioxide didn't exist

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

lol you can read my posts both in that thread and the biosphere thread if you want to see what i think about climate change

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

this is why i have continued eating two ribeye steaks every week: individual action no longer matters, which means i can finally stop judging myself, and enjoy life instead

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

hell yeah

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ordered a small a/c unit from walmart at 11:30 am, with free delivery to be tomorrow, and instead it was delivered a few minutes ago. I think walmart's trying to Do Better than amazon, and is turning into the bizarro world version of amazon's free shipping with arrival sooner than expected.

Kinda weird that they automatically coordinated my in-store purchase a few weeks ago with an online order a while back bc I used the same cc, but at least they were transparent about it and also I got an air conditioner delivered in 6 hours so it kind of evens out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i would probably stick to amazon if only because my apartment complex has an amazon locker so its basically impossible to steal small packages and the big ones are unwieldy enough that stealing them with be a pita

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
yes I am the govt robot their is a warrant out for your social security number, you have to send a picture of your pussy from western union

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
god we waste so many boxes. its so funny that amazon probably killed the amazon.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

anime was right posted:

i would probably stick to amazon if only because my apartment complex has an amazon locker so its basically impossible to steal small packages and the big ones are unwieldy enough that stealing them with be a pita

My neighbors are great about bringing packages inside the locked door (heavy rear end a/c was inside already 3 min. after it was delivered) but also wally texted me at 5 pm & then again when it was delivered 10 min. later.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

My neighbors are great about bringing packages inside the locked door (heavy rear end a/c was inside already 3 min. after it was delivered) but also wally texted me at 5 pm & then again when it was delivered 10 min. later.

Having decent people for neighbors is incredibly clutch

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

why not three ribeyes

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Oldest Man posted:

why not three ribeyes

you gotta minmax them. eat as many ribeyes as you can to die right as society fully collapses. that way you can watch more netflix.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Koirhor posted:

yes I am the govt robot their is a warrant out for your social security number, you have to send a picture of your pussy from western union

jokes on you I don’t even care I’ll never be able to use my ssn for benefits after negotiations are done!!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

skooma512 posted:

Some /r/collapse weekly thread highlights

Ugh

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/boreskes/status/1658580390053924866

lmfao these people control the biospheres future.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
theyre keeping her in the senate for the debt ceiling and then dropping her probably

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s me I’m da jokester baybee
/

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

The Oldest Man posted:

why not three ribeyes

i mean i dont want my heart to explode before the collapse. i think two is good, three might be too many

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

That's normal now.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

euphronius posted:

give the Nazis everything they want to help poor people

yes I see

i thought you were a strasserite?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Feinstein’s handlers were pretending she was in the Senate the whole time recovering from whatever, probably doing fake votes and memos

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

tristeham posted:

He doesn't know it yet

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

net work error posted:

I don't remember who was in charge last shutdown and I'm a politics sicko. History doesn't matter in the short term

Trump! Click.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tristeham posted:

I had to look that up

very rude

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

FlapYoJacks posted:

im sure they will figure it out

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Vox Nihili posted:

That's normal now.

gop would crush if they could run “corpse of ronald reagan” with ai speeches

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1658548621019602978?s=20

:lol:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
always inverse Cramer and get rich quick

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

thermodynamics controls the biosphere, these people just oversee how the rest of react to its rate of change

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Seems like everything is fine

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

net work error posted:

A default is totally different than a shutdown though, its never happened before and would be historic in a way shutdowns aren't due to having much, much worse ramifications

Like if millions of people get furloughed next month due to a default, they'll remember that their whole life

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 00:57 on May 17, 2023

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Feinstein’s brain is going to completely crap out right before the debt ceiling vote and cause it to fail.

Narratively I feel like it has to happen this way.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

sw8

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

we're gonna get work requirements for assistance, there will be no default, the democrats have no spine

c'mon people

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Justin Tyme posted:

A default is totally different than a shutdown though, its never happened before and would be historic in a way shutdowns aren't due to having much, much worse ramifications

Like if millions of people get furloughed next month due to a default, they'll remember that their whole life

For you, it was the worst day of your life. For me, it was just Thursday

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

we're gonna get work requirements for assistance, there will be no default, the democrats have no spine

c'mon people

lack of spine would imply ineffective will. the democrats want cuts as much as republicans.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is just the first cave

they haven’t even got to the budget yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1658600716397604868?t=DuhK-1h9S7MjGPeICO7euQ&s=19