Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

UHD posted:

i am beginning to think that making the relic runs faster (in that there's no walking) doesn't actually make the relic grind any better. couple hundred space resin and virtually nothing to show for it.

The RNG is pretty painful, but the runs themselves are completely painless and once you've mostly finished on getting trace mats and such for your main team(s) fishing for optimal relics will be the primary way you spend stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

the big rng pray is when you use the resin to mod the main stat and hope you get workable substats

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

And it'll take forever. The substat system is pretty similar to a lot of gachas from the last decade, and the RNG is brutal. Summoners War for example, 8 hours of farming could get you a couple hundred items, and only 1 or 2 would be viable. Here you can do what, six runs a day? Theres less bariance than Summoners War since you can more specifically target sets, but still. Years of incremental upgrading awaits us. But right now it's fun to just be happy when you hit the right set + mainstat :)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pain of Mind posted:

I was wondering if that is actually more important than 5* characters, if you are more focused on damage vs getting cool new characters. There is such a damage disparity between many 5* and 4* cones that I would not be surprised if a 4* character with a 5* cone out-damages the inverse, though I have not done any math to know if this is true. Plus they can be moved to new characters, so they are not instantly obsolete if you get someone better of the same class, depending on the effect. For a few of my classes I am not even sure if I have a 4*. Kind of wish this banner had better 4*s or maybe I would give it a shot.

Playing around with Prydwen's damage calculator, on a character like Sampo it looks like going from a free-source 4* cone (Fermata) to a 5* gacha cone (In the Name of the World) is like a 12% jump.

On the flip side, comparing Sampo to Welt, with Sampo on In the Name of the World and Welt on a 3-star cone, Welt seems to push about 20% more per skill activation than Sampo, if I add in one tick of Wind Shear but also add in Welt's 3 star cone proc.

So, meh. Seems pretty similar? I tried to compare Nihility to Nihility for a closer comparison.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fight Club doesn't seem particularly involved, but I won't say no to free jade.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the pre-match line exchange is pretty funny though

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I just put it on auto for this low level match and was surprised that I only barely made the 8 turn limit. I feel like at higher levels leaning into the gimmicks will be very important.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Having Jing Yuan there as a trial character is pretty smart. I definitely used him even though he's underleveled for my team, and he seemed really useful. I'm sure a bunch of people are going to roll for him after this event.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

on auto, got it in 7 turns.

then went manual and got 6 turns

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Managed to break my old record of a 136k hit in SU with a 176k hit in SU3-2. Might have been an even bigger one that I missed, those HP bars went down real quick.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My record hit is 152K, and it's not in the SU. The Doomsday Beast Echo of War gets a huge vuln debuff while its core is exposed.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

My record hit is 152K, and it's not in the SU. The Doomsday Beast Echo of War gets a huge vuln debuff while its core is exposed.

Sadly I can't take advantage of that with Clara because it doesn't attack so no big meaty counterattacks from her to make big funny number.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

No idea what I'm doing wrong, taking my best dps team and only cracking 9 on auto. Not bothering with manual until I get home

Took the 8 turn win just barely with Trial/70Seele/66Tingyun/60Sampo

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 19, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Maybe drop trial or seele for a different offensive buffer who can generate skill points, like Asta? Idk I'm still pretty new and clueless myself. But I've heard 2 dps is often a net loss because you end up starving for skill points to use.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Honestly somehow Sampo was dealing 50k to each mob to wave four at times not sure why

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

would you gently caress off out of my warps gepard

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Hit 60 with Jing decided to get some lightning relics. Got a Gold Chest.. HP% damnit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got a quantum 5 star with outgoing healing on it which congratulations is completely useless lol

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I haven't tried yet, does smashing an orange give you xp AND relic crafting mats, or just the mats? That's useful, at least...or you could use it on Natasha until you roll healing on the right set!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
help i need a diting plushie

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

help i need a foxian

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lazy_Liberal posted:

help i need an all-Foxian team

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Meowywitch posted:

help i need a foxian

There is this chatroom I can get you added to as a premium member

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i will take an all foxian team. for combat or you know whatever

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I haven't tried yet, does smashing an orange give you xp AND relic crafting mats, or just the mats? That's useful, at least...or you could use it on Natasha until you roll healing on the right set!

Just the mats.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Sushang is super cool unga bunga gameplay and I kinda wanna draw her eidolons... but I will resist.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Feel like just about any character will benefit from 5* speed shoes.

Right now hoping for hit effect substat to hit the extra def. Boost on the world6 relic set

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I got 5* speed shoes from the lightning set and decided to put them on Jing Yuan. Seems kinda useful on him, since it definitely increases the frequently with which he can move twice before his summon (which means it hits much harder).

QQmore posted:

Hit 60 with Jing decided to get some lightning relics. Got a Gold Chest.. HP% damnit.

Get used to this. The real soul-crushing stuff will be when you get something that has a good main stat *and* good substats, but then every single upgrade goes into the one substat that is flat DEF or something.

I used my one "guarantee main stat" item (that I think I got from the BP) on getting a Crit Rate chestpiece from the lightning set for Jing Yuan. Fortunately it turned out pretty decent (could be better, but could also be much worse).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Thank god I did it in 7 rounds because Lightning Man is Jacked

e: whoaaaaa poo poo i upgraded one talent of Seele's to 7 and there goes all my money

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 19, 2023

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

Thank god I did it in 7 rounds because Lightning Man is Jacked

e: whoaaaaa poo poo i upgraded one talent of Seele's to 7 and there goes all my money

It gets worse. The weekly resources used to get the major talents starts being required for the regular abilities/skills

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I got 5* speed shoes from the lightning set and decided to put them on Jing Yuan. Seems kinda useful on him, since it definitely increases the frequently with which he can move twice before his summon (which means it hits much harder).

Get used to this. The real soul-crushing stuff will be when you get something that has a good main stat *and* good substats, but then every single upgrade goes into the one substat that is flat DEF or something.

I used my one "guarantee main stat" item (that I think I got from the BP) on getting a Crit Rate chestpiece from the lightning set for Jing Yuan. Fortunately it turned out pretty decent (could be better, but could also be much worse).

Yep pulled a quantum orb for Seele and rolled break, hit rate, and hp. At least defensive stats don’t feel as useless in this game as Genshin because you will be eating unavoidable hits at some point.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

My optimization brain is already annoyed enough at my "gently caress it I'll used my faves" gacha tendancies that the itch of "but that could have better substaaaats" gets drowned out. :v:

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
On another note trying to decide between Clara and Sushang for 2nd team dps. I feel like I should do Clara since I also got her LC but I find her frustrating. When everything aligns it’s so good and then when it doesn’t fights feel like they take forever. But play style is very different from my Seele team and also I get to use M7 who I love.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

clara feels to me like a character you have to 100% build a team around, instead of someone you can slot in and out like a lot of other destruction characters. when you do that though, she wrecks everybody and it rules

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Three weeks of having useless Elation blessing pollute my drops in SU, I finally get a character with a good follow-up and I think, what the hell, lets try some Elation runs.

Five aborted attempts later I had never seen more than 4-5 Elation blessings by the second elite fight ever, despite blowing all my cash on rerolls. It just be like that sometimes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I assume everyone gets the same blessings. That "when weakness breaks apply and trigger every break they're vulnerable to" one is hilarious. Things just lose half their life, usually the final half.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

someone awful. posted:

clara feels to me like a character you have to 100% build a team around, instead of someone you can slot in and out like a lot of other destruction characters. when you do that though, she wrecks everybody and it rules

Really all you gotta do is put March on the same team to taunt enemies to her. She's even an sp positive character because most of her damage is in follow-ups.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Not if you have Clara e1 then you want to spam rocket barrage every single turn.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

funkymonks posted:

Yep pulled a quantum orb for Seele and rolled break, hit rate, and hp. At least defensive stats don’t feel as useless in this game as Genshin because you will be eating unavoidable hits at some point.

That's a good point. It seems like characters want at least a certain baseline of defensive stats (though you can circumvent that with shields some).

Break is also an interesting stat that seems like it's always at least somewhat helpful, unless the character in question just never attacks (like a healer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Clara's biggest problem to me is that it feels like she demands two defensive units. March can't do it all on her own, and her freeze is anti synergy with Clara. The second there's a harmony who buffs units taunt value, along with the usual suite of harmony stuff Clara will take off stratospherically. Like if you have Clara's e1, the double defensive units is probably fine since she actually uses her turn to deal damage with her e instead of treating her as another skill point generator, but without that, no one unit can use all those skill points efficiently.

I dunno maybe this is optimization brain, and my run around team is still Clara/Bailu/Himeko/Seele, but it's not me building around her as much just throwing her in because she generates sp and can deal a shitload of damage.