Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Galactus is a fragile deck, with only one wincon that falls completely apart if they don't draw it/you counter it. I've never lost against an obvious Galactus deck that didn't draw Galactus. It's still poo poo game design though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Alright cool, got Infinite. You can nerf Sera now if you want I don't care anymore

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The main problem with Galactus is definitely how binary the games against it are.

You're just super dead if you don't have a counter lined up before they Galactus, while they're super dead if you do. Also because it so super broadcasted I assume most galactus players are stuck getting one cube at a time in the mid ranks, making more casual play intensely miserable sometimes. Sometimes I just get to enjoy like five games of Yondu in to Wolverine in Wave in a row, and just start retreating instantly whenever I see a goddamn Yondu again.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Youremother posted:

Galactus is a fragile deck, with only one wincon that falls completely apart if they don't draw it/you counter it. I've never lost against an obvious Galactus deck that didn't draw Galactus. It's still poo poo game design though.

Honestly it's not even that fragile. If they spend the game setting up for Galactus and you gently caress with it sure, but they're often running poo poo like Destroyer/Nimrod or Destroyer/Knull now as well as the ability to just take all your answers with Doc Ock on 4 or be protected with Daredevil. gently caress this deck.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Youremother posted:

Galactus is definitely fragile, but I don't think the one wincon thing is really true

while some versions are all-in on Galactus, a lot of the more successful recent versions run alternate lines - Shuri/Taskmaster play really well with Death/Destroyer, you can do Nimrod things/etc.

obviously you want to draw Galactus and your odds are lower when you don't because you're playing a slightly awkward ramp/destroy hybrid that's often easy to read/counter, but you've still got some game (in the same way Patriot does when it doesn't draw Patriot [likely better tbh])

sort of depends on how you're navigating the game though, because you do need to make a decision about setting up the secondary wincons vs. going for Galactus by midgame, and you've often got very little room to recover from either approach being disrupted/not having the missing piece drawn

on another note: Jean Grey looks to be a Debrii-level counter to Galactus shenanigans, so haters rejoice

(she also looks toxic as hell in general, potential day 1 buy imo)

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Honestly it's not even that fragile. If they spend the game setting up for Galactus and you gently caress with it sure, but they're often running poo poo like Destroyer/Nimrod or Destroyer/Knull now as well as the ability to just take all your answers with Doc Ock on 4 or be protected with Daredevil. gently caress this deck.

Yeah, it feels like they really only need one setup card (wave/electro/psylocke) and either Galactus or Doc Ock by turn 4 for a relatively certain victory. If not, then a setup card plus Galactus by turn 5 with Knull in hand by turn 6. If they really have bad luck, then play what they want and then Destroyer on 5 Knull on 6 as a backup plan. It's fragile, but less than it should be if built properly. The counter card I was running was Magneto, which is only a partial counter, and I ran into situations where I either didn't have priority when they dropped him, or the setup card was Psylocke instead of Wave and I couldn't play him. I still got infinite so whatever, but I don't enjoy the Galactus minigame and I wish they'd change him to something a little less binary.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Hit infinite today with this control deck. I was stuck bouncing in the low 80s until I started using this. It's a slow grind but it's safer. I rarely won 8 because the opponent knows they're boxed in. But I also had a much easier time knowing when to retreat. I used a few variations of the deck. The main cards for me are Professor X, Spider-Man, Dr. Doom, and Storm. I also like Jeff to move into the ProfX lane and Daredevil to win a lane on turn 5. Locking a lane plus Wave shuts down Kitty/Bounce/Sera decks hard. ProfX and Spidey shut down Galactus.

My optimal play is Nebula then Daredevil then Storm in the right lane usually followed by a Jessica Jones in the same lane. Turn 5 is hopefully locking (and winning) a lane with ProfX or playing Wave. Turn 6 depends on the board but Doom can spread power or Gamora + Rocket can put a lot in one lane.

It's easy to make substitutions. At different points I used Goose, Cosmo, Shang-Chi, Star-Lord, and Absorbing Man.

# (1) Nebula
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Storm
# (3) Wave
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Doctor Doom
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVmZlRoZUJhYnlMYW5kU2hhcmsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZXNzaWNhSm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlck1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ja2V0UmFjY29vbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The most helpful thing to me was knowing what I was playing against. Korg means Darkhawk so I try to save the Enchantress. Kitty, Angela, or Bishop mean a Bounce deck so save Wave for turn 5. Yondu into Electro means lock one lane with Storm and have Spidey or ProfX ready on Turn 5 for Galactus in the open lane. In a mirror match don't forget about a surprise Jeff on your locked lanes.

Doobie Keebler fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 20, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So does wave now override all reductions? Sera, zabu, miles/stature, etc?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Yes

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

She's a 1 turn Sandman, so kind of poo poo.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Wave still works as a ramp card, and as a turn 5 tech card against Bounce and Sera decks.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Seems like she's way better than sandman, actually. Way more versatile - same power, less energy, can be used as ramp.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey neat got my BP40 variant.

...Pixel... M'Baku...

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Wave is still super good. Deathwave is dead and buried but Doomwave is as strong as ever. Her nerf was well deserved and how she should have worked from the start.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah it’s in a much more sane place as regular ramp or countering “play-a-lot-of-cards” decks

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Electro+something to kill electro+Psylocke+Time Stone+Wave = 2 cards on turn 6 I cracked it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Had someone play Iron Lad and copy Galactus for the first time

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

DrOgreface posted:

The PC account is the one you want to keep? It sounds like you have progress on the phone account and it’s telling you you can’t save that progress and create a new account because you already have one. You could try an uninstall/reinstall on the phone and try to login to the PC account after that. Other wise you could talk to SD support and try to get them to delete the account you don’t want.

yea the pc (steam) is the one i wanted to keep. i figured it out, i had to sign out, uninstalled, and then reinstalled on both (phone and pc). finally it let me sign in on the same account for both devices. gd that was annoying rear end process.

Darke GBF posted:

I like how Galactus is apparently an inconsistent and not powerful deck, but anecdotally he forces me to run probably 80% of the time I see him. gently caress that card, gently caress anyone who plays it, and gently caress second dinner for making it.

i'm pretty much getting blown out every game at infinity with only pool one cards, but i did manage to beat a galactus knull combo which i ss'ed for posterity because f. that. guy.

(full size pic so you can see he bricked on his baby knull, which was only 16 power. only a casual 16.)

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Darke GBF posted:

Alright cool, got Infinite. You can nerf Sera now if you want I don't care anymore
What did your deck look like? I have a Sera deck that's been a mainstay for months, but I haven't updated it much and it's starting to feel kind of stale when I do bust it out.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Jokymi posted:

What did your deck look like? I have a Sera deck that's been a mainstay for months, but I haven't updated it much and it's starting to feel kind of stale when I do bust it out.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Mysterio
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0ZXJpbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCaXNob3AifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnbmV0byJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It was just the first one I saw early this week under the Sera header in metadecks on snapzone where I had all the cards. I cant find it on there now. Most of the decks on there run either Hit Monkey and/or Zabu both of which I don't have. This list worked well enough although I'm sure it's not optimal and I probably didn't play it optimally either. I'm a believer in Magneto loving up people's day. He's kind of like a weaker Aero in that regard, attached to a really fat body.

Last King posted:

i'm pretty much getting blown out every game at infinity with only pool one cards, but i did manage to beat a galactus knull combo which i ss'ed for posterity because f. that. guy.

beautiful

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jedit posted:

That mission is loving stupid with Deathwave destroyed.

I got it in with a Lockjaw/Mr. Negative deck and some lucky locations with Iron Man.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Power of Pecota posted:

Aero, Dracula, and Mister Negative are both in the "extremely good for anyone playing me, extremely bad for me when I use them" quadrant.

Correction: I forgot about Silver Surfer, he stink like a egg and if I could remove one card from the game it'd be him

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I wanted to play with my new Doctor Doom variant and this deck took me from 92->95 this evening, it's a Bynx deck slightly modified (- Sentinel, + Cosmo) since Sentinel didn't do that much and Cosmo wrecks a bunch of decks

I think I'm going to try taking this to infinite instead of Hela this season

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That Bynx deck is the reason I bought Darkhawk but I could never pilot it well. Darkhawk found a home in my Thanos deck instead.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

It's wild that people claim the Galactus deck only has one way to win. One of the reasons the cube rate on it is so high is it has so many ways to win due to all the tech cards.

Here's one of the top Galactus decks on Untapped:
https://snap.untapped.gg/decks/Amer...-Yondu_Galactus

Shang-Chi, Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus are the tech cards that can clear out trouble, lock down lanes, etc.

America Chavez makes your draws more consistent.

Wave and Electro can both get you to your good stuff, faster.

Knull and Death are both powered up by Galactus and Destroyer, there's a lot of synergy across those cards.

Galactus has a lot of paths to win, and there are variants of the deck with other paths, like adding Nimrod, making it tricky to full counter.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Darkhawk - alas, alack, the card is great, benefitted by locations (anything that puts ish into their deck, ongoings doubled, etc), korg + rockslide, Zabu. I am not sure this could be replaced, but I think if you really wanted to try this deck, I would switch Korg for Agent 13, Rockslide for Moon Girl, and Darkhawk for Dino? this is just a thought, haven't tried it

Can confirm, this idea has legs. I am so tired of facing the Korg-Zabu-Rockslide opener, but I have no Darkhawk of my own. So I tried this:

Dino is the Darkhawk, Agent 13 and Moongirl are the Korg and Rockslide.
Crossbones is the Black Bolt, Titania is the Stature, Mystique is the Iron Lad.
8 straight wins gang. Hooray for a healthy meta

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just opened sauron but it seems like the best thing he'll enable is typhoid Mary use and ebony maw after turn 3. Lizard is only a convenience boost and red skull ain't what he used to be.

And then you can't really use any other ongoings, especially late ones. Pretty silly that he's been s4+ all this time

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/DougPieTTV/status/1659198882289717251

... why not make this available to everyone? Or at least make parts of it for sale at a lower price.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
New player / returning player only packs are common as dirt in FOMO Treadmills.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

godogg posted:

Can confirm, this idea has legs. I am so tired of facing the Korg-Zabu-Rockslide opener, but I have no Darkhawk of my own. So I tried this:

Dino is the Darkhawk, Agent 13 and Moongirl are the Korg and Rockslide.
Crossbones is the Black Bolt, Titania is the Stature, Mystique is the Iron Lad.
8 straight wins gang. Hooray for a healthy meta

This loving rules, great crafting. Another possible replacement for Iron Lad is Jubilee. She doesn’t have the effect of duplicating a card but she does still cheat a top deck, just a thought. Could also try Rescue just for the pure power and how much tempo you’re trying to ply on.

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 20, 2023

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Just opened sauron but it seems like the best thing he'll enable is typhoid Mary use and ebony maw after turn 3. Lizard is only a convenience boost and red skull ain't what he used to be.

And then you can't really use any other ongoings, especially late ones. Pretty silly that he's been s4+ all this time

Shuri/Maw on 6 has gotten my rear end before, I feel like Sauron's going to get better in the future.

I opened Black Panther today, idk if there's really anything to do with him anymore but the extremely fragile Wong/BP/Zola combo

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Power of Pecota posted:

Shuri/Maw on 6 has gotten my rear end before, I feel like Sauron's going to get better in the future.

I opened Black Panther today, idk if there's really anything to do with him anymore but the extremely fragile Wong/BP/Zola combo

Wong is greedy but BP/Arnim pack into a typical ramp deck really well where BP can be dropped on 4 and Arnim can target your other big drops as well.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Red Skull and Lizard do benefit quite a bit, especially after the Lizard nerf that increased his penalty.

These 4 cards are also key to a Shuri deck, which is still pretty good and competitive even if not as brain dead as when they could hide Shuri’s buffee behind Cosmo.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 20, 2023

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

What's funnier: the opponent morphing into Infinaut or morphing into Killmonger and destroying all your cards. This is pool 2

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Concurred posted:

What's funnier: the opponent morphing into Infinaut or morphing into Killmonger and destroying all your cards. This is pool 2

One time I got the "Random card at turn 3 end" and I got Infinaut and I was like yessss and the opponent got Shang Chi and I was like naur why couldn't my happiness last for longer than 4 seconds

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Artelier posted:

One time I got the "Random card at turn 3 end" and I got Infinaut and I was like yessss and the opponent got Shang Chi and I was like naur why couldn't my happiness last for longer than 4 seconds

Funniest one of those to get is MODOK.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Ripping an tearing some guts currently with my Kitty Pryde / Hit Monkey / Beast / Darkhawk deck, this thing is doing really really well and winning like 80% of games at rank 60ish. Nothing in the meta is killing me, Angela/Bishop/Kitty can just ignore Cosmo, Armor and Enchantress. Shang isn't too bad because I usually have multiple 9-10 power targets spread out across multiple lanes so it doesn't hurt too much. Even galactus is doable depending on their and my draw, a recent galactus game they did T5 Galactus, T6 Knull and I just Lol, 1-cost Demon 0-cost Demon Kitty Darkhawk go gently caress off. I love this loving deck!

----- Kitty Pryde, The Hood, Bast, Korg, Black Widow, Angela, Hit Monkey, Beast, Falcon, Mysterio, Bishop, Darkhawk -----

My previous version ran Nova/Killmonger, it countered some common cards and Thanos so was hard to drop it, but with Bast it's just not necessary anymore, instead of countering Thanos/Sunspot/Nebula I can just outpower them instead. Considered switching Black Widow for Rock Slide but with Beast I think Widow is better because you get 2 enemy hand size and an extra card to bounce for 3 mana.

Also, I wish Kitty had her original tapping design, it would make her easier to Beast.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 20, 2023

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Just pulled Kang from a reserve box, did he end up working in anything? I never see him get played

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Funniest one of those to get is MODOK.

I've had multiple occasions when MODOK, Galactus or Destroyer have graduated from Prof XS school. Makes me worry that Prof X isn't vetting his students very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Toebone posted:

Just pulled Kang from a reserve box, did he end up working in anything? I never see him get played

Not really