Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wish they just released HE completely non functional so we could get sorry bucks like they did with kitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

doingitwrong posted:

It is funny to me that Second Dinner doesn't seem to understand how to add content to their own game.

When people were shouting how the game was dead because of the series drop changes (and I am pissed off about them but w/e) I was kinda rolling my eyes but they seem to have hosed up the extremely basic “we told you we’re adding content at this point, everyone get hype!! jk it’s broken and we dunno when to fix it.” It’s like they are actively trying to destroy excitement for their own game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

Just snap when you're gonna win and retreat when you're gonna lose! Bing bong so simple, I made Infinite in three hours using this strategy!

Personally I recommend trying to make it to infinite w/ as many 2 cube wins as possible (this is not a joke)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My personal self destructive behavior is to keep playing after they snap even though I don't have a certain path to victory because I want to stick it to them for snapping me

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I’m okay with them screwing up the rollout of stuff as long as they give me a pity variant in the mailbox when they do it

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Power of Pecota posted:

I’m okay with them screwing up the rollout of stuff as long as they give me a pity variant in the mailbox when they do it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Power of Pecota posted:

I’m okay with them screwing up the rollout of stuff as long as they give me a pixel variant in the mailbox when they do it

Snazzy Frocks posted:

My personal self destructive behavior is to keep playing after they snap even though I don't have a certain path to victory because I want to stick it to them for snapping me

Me but not because I think I can win, I just want to see what they have to beat me when it's not an obvious deck.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Power of Pecota posted:

Bet you they don’t do that this time

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Black Widow -> Wave -> Odin is getting me a lot of retreat cubes

Add Absorbing Man on that lane turn 5 then Orca a different lane turn 6. Or Galactus if they have a lane of Widow Bites. So many ways it could go wrong but it sounds hilariously frustrating if it goes right. Definitely building a deck for this later.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
This new cube system for ranks, oof.

Like, I try to be informed but don’t necessarily have all the practice (or skill) to be able to identify decks or play lines, etc. So I may snap cuz I have my ideal plays in hand and I feel good I can beat what I’ve seen so far and what I think is coming up for them. Then I lose cuz everyone makes bad bets sometimes and now the impact is just larger enough that it kinda stings.

Part of learning, I know. Doesn’t happen all the time or anything. Just venting a little out loud. On to the next game after a break 🙂

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The swinginess in the rankings was the worst part of the game for me and it's gotten way worse since the rank change. I'm glad I'm back in the 80s now but I've gotten up to 88 and back down to 82 in the span of a single day. All it takes is one bad snap to gently caress you over completely, not to mention the endless stream of Galactus players and other bad lucks forcing one or two cube retreats several games in a row.

Youremother fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 23, 2023

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
5/5 on season caches giving me boosters :(

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
It's a good thing actually that SD can't figure out how to add new content to their service. I needed the extra time to eke my way from 97 to Infinite without the distraction of an exciting buildaround. But more importantly, I also managed to split my first ink.

Never upgrading him again. In my Collection it looks like he's a card I don't own.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

godogg posted:

Never upgrading him again. In my Collection it looks like he's a card I don't own.

Also ink Demon looks sick as hell.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Does the ink effect apply to other cards that make cards (mysterio, Bucky, etc?) I know skins don't.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Bottom Liner posted:

Does the ink effect apply to other cards that make cards (mysterio, Bucky, etc?) I know skins don't.

Yes, much like borders. I have a different color Korg and Rockslide in my Darkhawk deck just so I know where the rock(s) came from, should my opponent play them.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 23, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My ink Thanos has all ink stones. Makes it a little harder to recognize which is which at a glance

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Someone just ran Goose -> Storm -> Polaris -> Spider-Man, with Spidey on T5. Fuckin' brutal.

I posted that in the wrong thread, and clearly, no one in the finance forum is a Snap player.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've run lists like that but they get out statted pretty easily and as much as I love storm she's a dead card in half of your games

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I've run lists like that but they get out statted pretty easily and as much as I love storm she's a dead card in half of your games

A turn 6 storm can still be useful, there are plenty of locations that will change end of game scoring when stormed. My favorite is dropping storm on Limbo turn 6.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So maybe people in this thread will know.

I've come to realize what I like most about this game is the deck building and card collecting. I hate the actual PvP part of playing, and I especially despise the snap mechanic. After months of beating my head against the wall of trying to balance the things I like versus the things I hate, I think it's time for me to stop playing.

My question is, are there any good single player deckbuilders for mobile? I already have put a thousand hours into Slay the Spire, but something like a single player Magic or Pokémon tcg where I can just match against the AI for hours on end and build endless decks would be ideal. Even something like Steamworld Quest if such a thing exists.

If not, maybe I'll just emulate the Pokémon tcg on my phone or something.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Walla posted:

I've come to realize what I like most about this game is the deck building and card collecting. I hate the actual PvP part of playing, and I especially despise the snap mechanic. After months of beating my head against the wall of trying to balance the things I like versus the things I hate, I think it's time for me to stop playing.

My question is, are there any good single player deckbuilders for mobile? I already have put a thousand hours into Slay the Spire, but something like a single player Magic or Pokémon tcg where I can just match against the AI for hours on end and build endless decks would be ideal. Even something like Steamworld Quest if such a thing exists.

Hearthstone has a (few?) pve mode(s) available.

For proper deck building a la StS, check out Shards of Infinity. It's a one off PvP game instead of a roguelike, the AI is pretty good, and it's a solid port of one of the better PVP deck building tabletop games.

Then you can get into the real good stuff like Dominion and Race for the Galaxy :bisonyes:

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Walla posted:

Pokemon TCG is on iOS and PC, is it not on Android?

Monster Train is my go to single player card game when I don't feel like playing Slay the Spire. Monster Train is on iOS, not sure if it's on Android.

Also don't forget to check out ports of traditional games: I play a lot of Star Realms, Ascension, and Race for the Galaxy on my phone.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Walla posted:

Legends of Runeterra is what you want. It has an awesome PVE deck builder mode you can play completely free for as long as you like. While you do you’ll amass a bunch of cards you could use in PVP if you ever decide to try it.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Anyone know why Shadow King does not work on Bishop?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maneck posted:

Anyone know why Shadow King does not work on Bishop?

I’d guess because he behaves a little like an Ongoing? So Shadow King drops him to 1 but then he still gets the benefits from every card played after him? Doesn’t feel very intuitive but that’s my guess. If you Shadow King a Sunspot after they’ve accumulated power does it get reset to 0?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Bishop absolutely would get the benefit of cards played after him, but I just hit him on the bottom end of T6 and he kept all his power. Maybe it's just a bug.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

BGrifter posted:

Legends of Runeterra is what you want. It has an awesome PVE deck builder mode you can play completely free for as long as you like. While you do you’ll amass a bunch of cards you could use in PVP if you ever decide to try it.

YES! Before Snap came along and ate my brain I had already ditched magic Arena for LoR.

Lots of people have complaints about the game itself, but you should at least try it, because if you do like it, it's outstanding.

Plus, it's actually free to play after a certain point, unless it's changed in the last few months... You can pay some at the start to speed up your card pool, but once you get rolling it's actually straight up free to acquire all the cards on release.

Like I'm confident I could boot it up right now and buy every card that's been released in the last 6 months, just with the accumulated free to play currency I already have in the game.

gently caress this put a little brain worm in me and I'm going to download the client to see what's new.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Someone needs to remake the Microprose Shandalar MtG game only with more cards and not buggy as gently caress. I spent so much time playing that in the late 90s.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Maneck posted:

Bishop absolutely would get the benefit of cards played after him, but I just hit him on the bottom end of T6 and he kept all his power. Maybe it's just a bug.

Sounds like a case of the cosmos?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Devo posted:

Someone needs to remake the Microprose Shandalar MtG game only with more cards and not buggy as gently caress. I spent so much time playing that in the late 90s.

I still have my Shandalar cards

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Walla posted:

While not really a deck builder per se, Solitairica is a cool iOS game where you basically play solitaire against monsters and the different classes have different effects on drawing face cards as well as options to earn and spend gold between rounds on different items in a rogue like sort of way. It’s a lot of fun for single player cards that do stuff.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Chainclaw posted:

I still have my Shandalar cards

Hell yeah Aswan Jaguar let's go

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

Sorry, I'll try better to memorize every deck ever discussed.
this isn't a beerus like attitude

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Latest update is that they are working on the patch but that it's not going to be released today. I am starting to suspect it may be Thursday.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They also said they're looking at adjusting Galactus (again? More?). Last month they said the same but it never led to a change. Post Wave nerf I guess he's more prominent.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bottom Liner posted:

They also said they're looking at adjusting Galactus (again? More?). Last month they said the same but it never led to a change. Post Wave nerf I guess he's more prominent.
There's been a ton of Galactus players this week

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Can't come soon enough, I was just coming here to complain about being stuck in Galactus hell

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The Galactus situation has been bad bad. Just switch to playing a deck with Debrii in it, they'll be guaranteed to vanish instantly :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i dunno what they hosed up this time around but after buying the token tuesday approx 18hrs ago i just got to buy it again an hour or so ago lol