Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Happy Landfill posted:

All scenes need at least 10% more ChuChu

Like being physically present, or by sheer hair volume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Like being physically present, or by sheer hair volume?

yes

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Put a Chuchu in every frame, I dare you.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Whenever Chuchu’s not on screen, the people should be asking “where’s Chuchu?”

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So outside of the extant gundam pilots and a handful of others, nobody really knows why Gundams kill their pilots, yes? When we see cockpit views we know what is going on with the datastorms but that isn't common knowledge. It makes me wonder what will happen when someone hops into the Schwarzette, be they Lauda, Guel or Suletta, and they follow whatever instruction manual Prospera shared with Vim that says "to turn on suit, activate Permet Score by voice command." and then poo poo gets out of control.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Whenever Chuchu’s not on screen, the people should be asking “where’s Chuchu?”

The followup question is "She's right behind me, isn't she?" followed by a concussion and waking up face-down on the concrete several minutes later.

Arc Hammer posted:

So outside of the extant gundam pilots and a handful of others, nobody really knows why Gundams kill their pilots, yes? When we see cockpit views we know what is going on with the datastorms but that isn't common knowledge. It makes me wonder what will happen when someone hops into the Schwarzette, be they Lauda, Guel or Suletta, and they follow whatever instruction manual Prospera shared with Vim that says "to turn on suit, activate Permet Score by voice command." and then poo poo gets out of control.

It's literally the data storms and is/was common knowledge. The whole reason we see like El4n, and Sophia push themselves past breaking point, and El5n determined not to do so, comes with an undertone of "THIS IS WHAT ALL GUNDAMS DID", and why it makes them so galling at the tradeoff of their superior performance, because the inferred practice was "Use gundam till pilot is braindead/dead/crippled, replace pilot and continue".

Also the [b]massive/b] protests in the prologue from everyone knowing why Gundams were awful cursed things.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 2, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's literally the data storms and is/was common knowledge. The whole reason we see like El4n, and Sophia push themselves past breaking point, and El5n determined not to do so, comes with an undertone of "THIS IS WHAT ALL GUNDAMS DID", and why it makes them so galling at the tradeoff of their superior performance, because the inferred practice was "Use gundam till pilot is braindead/dead/crippled, replace pilot and continue".

Also the [b]massive/b] protests in the prologue from everyone knowing why Gundams were awful cursed things.

But how common knowledge is it for the current day? It seemed that a lot of the students knew the gist of Gundam=Bad but it seems consigned to rumors rather than explicit understanding. And the two publicly known Gundam Pilots Suletta and Elan both appear to be fine. Why would Nika act so surprised when El5n said that anyone who gets into a Gundam dies if it is so well known that they're pilot killers? Prospera says that the Benerit Group suppressed the Vanadis Incident but how much information was suppressed? The massacre only or as much information on Gundams as possible?

My point is this: will the next person to hop into a Gundam cockpit fully understand the risk that they're taking in doing so? Do they go in with the full knowledge that permet scores will fry your nervous system or will they go with the assumption that the suit is safe to operate because hey the Pharact and Aerial pilots seem to be okay.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 2, 2023

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Why are there only five episodes left this isn't fair.

Don't worry about it.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I would simply not activate the mode that makes my gundam kill me

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Zeruel posted:

Everyone just needs to go El5n Mode. Probably why Norea is trying to attack her crush!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Zeruel posted:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Zeruel posted:

if a modified demi trainer is good enough for Chuchu it’s good enough for me

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I kind of feel like ChuChu and Nika are the most in danger.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Chuchu will never be in danger, she’s got the strap*

*nailbat

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Chuchu will never be in danger, she’s got the strap*

*nailbat

Chuchu is not in danger, she is the danger.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think Lauda is the dark horse in the death race. He's gonna try and prove he's as cool as Gool and get himself killed fighting in schwarzette against someone who really knows how to pilot a Gundam.

Then they'll scrape him out of the cockpit and Suletta will talk to the Jeturk AI and get a layer 31 callback and get her own blue glowy lines that will let her withstand the datastorms unleashed by Quiet Zero so she'll be the only one able to defeat Prospera while the rest of the world gets really bad heartburn.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Arc Hammer posted:

I think Lauda is the dark horse in the death race. He's gonna try and prove he's as cool as Gool and get himself killed fighting in schwarzette against someone who really knows how to pilot a Gundam.

Then they'll scrape him out of the cockpit and Suletta will talk to the Jeturk AI and get a layer 31 callback and get her own blue glowy lines that will let her withstand the datastorms unleashed by Quiet Zero so she'll be the only one able to defeat Prospera while the rest of the world gets really bad heartburn.

I'll be honest; it'll be really, really, funny if guel accidentally kills another family member.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I don’t even know if he’s the dark horse at this point, the entire thread’s had laser sights trained on him for weeks now. It’ll be a miracle if he survives whatever battle’s coming with Shaddiq.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Nuebot posted:

I'll be honest; it'll be really, really, funny if guel accidentally kills another family member.

Marrying Suletta is 4D chess to finally defeat her in combat.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Nuebot posted:

“Gee Lauda, it really sucks that we have to fight a big battle on your birthday, but as your big brother, I’ll make sure you survive!”

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lauda: Thank you pink haired Earthican, for saving my life. I will return the favour by protecting you.

*dies*

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I just don't see death flags on Lauda, especially when his whole thing seems to be NOT doing anything, hanging back and complaining that his brother isn't around, or snarking about Suletta. He doesn't DO anything and I haven't seen that change at all. I don't konw why anyone thinks he would climb in a gundam. he hasn't even used his own mobile suit, Guel stole it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nah he used his Dilanza in the Rumble Ring and immediately got his poo poo kicked in.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
In a show that shows a lot of progressive character representation, it sticks out like a sore thumb that he only refers to Suletta as “Mercurian wench.” There’s also that bit from a couple episodes ago where he quietly seethes while listening to the girls talk about how Guel is sooooo cool. He’s gonna do something rash and get some form of comeuppance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

In a show that shows a lot of progressive character representation, it sticks out like a sore thumb that he only refers to Suletta as “Mercurian wench.” There’s also that bit from a couple episodes ago where he quietly seethes while listening to the girls talk about how Guel is sooooo cool. He’s gonna do something rash and get some form of comeuppance.

It wasn't girls, it was his own classmates talking about how Cool Guel should have been in charge from the start. Same episode where he poo poo on Suletta.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Arc Hammer posted:

It wasn't girls, it was his own classmates talking about how Cool Guel should have been in charge from the start. Same episode where he poo poo on Suletta.

I misremembered who was talkin poo poo on Lauda. But yeah, even in the scene where he gives Chuchu props, he calls Suletta a wench. Not even to her face, but right before the Rumble Ring, he talks about destroying the Mercurian Wench as well. He just really has it out for Suletta for slapping Guel’s rear end (because Guel was terrorizing Miorine).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It would be funny if Lauda, despite all of his full-mast Garma-clone death flags, manages to survive the series.

Also he was totally projecting when talking to Suletta earlier. Would be nice if they manage to reach a mutual understanding (it's Gundam so they won't)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If his brain gets turned to soup and Suletta witnesses the data imprints or memories of the other pilots who got killed pushing their permet scores then she could have a newtype conversation with El4n Sophie and Lauda where they all kiss and make up before kicking Prospera's rear end

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

https://twitter.com/sun_4x3/status/1664540592762920963

Suletta... stealetta...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ah she's a beefsteak tomato.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
The craving for cured meats is universal.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1664904755045597184

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:same:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Please let them out of the room !

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

El Burbo posted:

That 100% looks like the standard "startled by an explosion" shot.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Hellbore posted:

That 100% looks like the standard "startled by an explosion" shot.

…while still stuck in The Room!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

El Burbo posted:

This show really understands the value of having a character sit on a couch for several episodes in a row.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

X-Ray Pecs posted:

…while still stuck in The Room!!

Nobody has said "Oh, Hi Mark!" yet.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

SlowBloke posted:

Nobody has said "Oh, Hi Mark!" yet.

That’s total bullshit, I did not stab him with a pencil, I did naaaht. Oh, hi Nika!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Anjinneko57931/status/1664760604006154240?t=bw-A5izaY5zuDts3Ky7btQ&s=19

What actually happened.