Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

JT Jag posted:

So, just to be clear, being that I'm someone who hadn't played a second of either the Honkai Impact or Genshin series before this

Honkai 3rd has a Bronya, and also has... another, punk hacker Bronya? And Star Rail also has a version of the first Bronya, but she's a distinct. alternate reality version of Bronya, while punk hacker Bronya is potentially the same punk hacker Bronya? Oh dear I just went crosseyed

That's the gist of it. There's a series of events that feature an alternate universe timeline, and that's where punk hacker Bronya is from. At the end of those events, it's revealed that she can jump universes. So her showing up in HSR is entirely plausible, and given that her personality is identical to Silver Wolf, while HSR Bronya and normal Bronya are quite different from one another, signs point to her being that same hacker Bronya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Can't wait to pwn some noobs with the leet hacker girl. Silver Wolf FTW.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you just look at it in order it makes more sense

honkai impact has a bronya
theres an event with a universe hopping alternate version of her
star rail has a different bronya like it has a different himeko, sushang, etc
the same universe hopping alternate version is here

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hacker Bronya owning HI3 in the trailer was an A+ touch

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Commencing hack
Herta Space Station... Hacked
Svarog... Hacked
Astral Express... Hacked

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

if you just look at it in order it makes more sense

honkai impact has a bronya
theres an event with a universe hopping alternate version of her
star rail has a different bronya like it has a different himeko, sushang, etc
the same universe hopping alternate version is here

And also someone in the Star Rail universe has the same "look across the multiverse" tech as Schicksal, and like Otto in the Genshin Impact "crossover" event, decided to use it as inspiration for a video game.

Honestly I'd say this more confirms "yes, Silver Wolf is based on Haxxor Bunny" than "Silver Wolf IS Haxxor Bunny," and is more Easter Egg than Lore, but it doesn't really deconfirm it, and I feel like "another somewhat minor Honkai Impact character went to Star Rail" feels more likely to me than "there are TWO dimension hopping cyberpunk Bronyas"

Basic summary for non-HI3 players:

Bronie was raised in a walled cyberpunk city, first by a crime syndicate or something and then her universe's Natasha, and always wanted to leave. After some adventures involving a cyber ninja (also a Yae Miko/Sakura, but that's probably not relevant), she made it out, only to find . . .

. . .nothing.
There is nothing beyond the walls of Arc City, it's a tiny little bubble universe. The ninja vaguely explained that and that there was a multiverse, and then hosed off.

Later, Bronie winds up just showing up on the Multiverse Event Characters Ship, with no explanation of how she did it and no actually loyalty to them. She's since shown up in a few events, including the current one where her presence has yet to be explained.

Or, in character stuff summary, assuming it's the same character:
She hates walls, she comes from a city even more isolated than Belobog, she's somewhat close with a Natasha, and she is both smart as gently caress and suspicious as hell. She has been to multiple universes.

(Including one with magical girls she came to with her friend / ally Irene Adler. Yes from Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes is not real even in Irene's world, but he's based on a combination of Arthur Conan Doyle and an immortal chinese super soldier martial arts master lesbian. Also involved in this event are a magical girl version of Honkai's Nahida equivalent, the ninja from earlier in Bronie's story, and a grimdark version of Honkai's comic relief Vodka Twins, who is the red twin with the blue twin being her blood or something I don't remember details. This is unimportant, I simply enjoy summaries of HI3 stuff that lean into how gloriously stupid and convoluted it can get.)

And actually the parallel of there being nothing outside of both Arc City and Belobog did not occur to me until now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Meowywitch posted:

So is this a bad roll or...

Well I guess I'm disappointed it wasn't a character regardless :(

I also got this and it kinda sucks, no other Destruction really wants that at all (although I suppose maybe the raw stats are good enough?). I wonder if we'll eventually get more Clara-likes to get value out of stuff like that.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Just get Clara, problem solved.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hacker Bronya owning HI3 in the trailer was an A+ touch

Silver Wolf definitely has played Bronya's games.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm sitting on 27k jade and a couple dozen passes just ready to throw at bringing her home, I can't wait. :woop:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

People who are focusing on efficient progression: how are you deciding who to work on next, and in what order do you "build" their stuff? Now that any individual character is going to take several days of stamina to fill out (even with ignoring weak traces) I need to start spending more intelligently.

I have Seele, Bronya, Fire Stelle, and Natasha at level cap. Light cones and traces are at various levels of completion. Relics are all in an okay place, i dont think its time for me to start farming those yet. This is one of my main teams for general content or SU runs with The Hunt.

I'm also debating if it's worth building a 2nd team for MoC, when I just have the two F2P shielders and the F2P healer. I feel like it isn't enough to keep two teams alive. But if it is, then I would probably want to build March 7th, Sampo, Serval, and Asta for MoC and as a DoT team for nihility SU runs.

Then I have Jing Yuan and Tingyun, and my gf loves Sushang's chicken summon... decision paralysis.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Always work on your main damage dealer first. So basically Seele for you. I would get stuff to level 8, level up the LC and the character level.

The rest is up to you honestly. Supports like Bronya that enables your damage dealer is also a high priority but depends if you are rolling for Silver Wolf next banner. I am so I farmed her mats this past week in preparation.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm also debating if it's worth building a 2nd team for MoC, when I just have the two F2P shielders and the F2P healer. I feel like it isn't enough to keep two teams alive. But if it is, then I would probably want to build March 7th, Sampo, Serval, and Asta for MoC and as a DoT team for nihility SU runs.
With a Fire Trailblazer and March on the same team, you might be able to make some progress. Especially if you happen to have a Landau's Choice to really nail down your aggro management. It'll get much easier once EL5 is available, too.

Kale
May 14, 2010

JT Jag posted:

So, just to be clear, being that I'm someone who hadn't played a second of either the Honkai Impact or Genshin series before this

Honkai 3rd has a Bronya, and also has... another, punk hacker Bronya? And Star Rail also has a version of the first Bronya, but she's a distinct. alternate reality version of Bronya, while punk hacker Bronya is potentially the same punk hacker Bronya? Oh dear I just went crosseyed

Theres Bronya Zaychik the OG, Bronie aka Haxxor Bunny, Bronya Zaychik(Silver Wing) Adult Bronya who is the same character only several years in the future where she apparently had a massive growth spurt and Prometheus which is an AI program created by Dr. Mei in the 50,000 years ago previous civilization who very recently seems to have been unearthed and is distinguishable by having red eyes. Otherwise they are all voiced by Kana Asumi who is probably the most cast VA in the franchise.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 2, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

been gathering the mats for silver fox.
need exp. equal to 150 books to get her to lv70.
25 quantum ascensions thingys

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I'm still deciding whether to pull for Silver Wolf or Luocha. I do need a second healer (though I have Gepard, who can kind of substitute for one), and Luocha's kit is very complete if it doesn't get nerfed, with both offensive and defensive dispels and passive and active healing. Plus he's an Imaginary character, which is rare at the moment. On the other hand, Silver Wolf's kit seems almost completely future-proof. Creating type weaknesses is huge, plus she debuffs attack, defense, speed, and damage resistance. And she's not SP-hungry.

I'm not terribly interested in Kafka and only mildly so in Blade, so I can safely dump all my resources on either one and still have enough for whoever comes after. Choices, choices.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

After playing on SU for a while, I'll say that Abundance is the most powerful and easiest to win, but the hardest to actually set it up. You *must* get the dewdrop blessings otherwise it's SOL. Destruction is the hardest to win with but the easiest to set it up since the other paths blessings usually have lot of synergy with the Destruction path and you could eke out a win even if you're unlucky with the blessings options.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

People who are focusing on efficient progression: how are you deciding who to work on next, and in what order do you "build" their stuff? Now that any individual character is going to take several days of stamina to fill out (even with ignoring weak traces) I need to start spending more intelligently.

Leveling and tracing up characters is so expensive that I really don't think there's room to farm relics other than getting a decent set of main stat pieces for each character. I focus on my DPS character and cone level, then traces that increase my DPS in Halls. After that it's touching up whatever I seem to be missing, for example if Pela is getting killed a lot before I can clear a boss I would either bump up her support or her own gear/levels.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Clarste posted:

I also got this and it kinda sucks, no other Destruction really wants that at all (although I suppose maybe the raw stats are good enough?). I wonder if we'll eventually get more Clara-likes to get value out of stuff like that.
I got two copies of this and yeah, it's kinda a bummer, but I wouldn't go so far as to say other Destruction characters don't want it at all. It's a flat attack bonus that matches the 4-star cones, and a heal both on kill and on hit, and even without Clara if you place the Destruction character next to your tank cleave attacks will ensure it triggers plenty.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Is the damage reduction / healing below 50% relic set useful on anyone? I'm farming the quantum set for seele and wondering if I have any particular use for this second stuff I'm getting.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Garrand posted:

Is the damage reduction / healing below 50% relic set useful on anyone? I'm farming the quantum set for seele and wondering if I have any particular use for this second stuff I'm getting.

Not for now, no. Theoretically it could be useful on (leaked character) Fu Xuan, depending on what her numbers look like. Damage reduction% is unlike other stats in that the more of it you already have, the better it is. The opposite of diminishing returns.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

Not for now, no. Theoretically it could be useful on (leaked character) Fu Xuan, depending on what her numbers look like. Damage reduction% is unlike other stats in that the more of it you already have, the better it is. The opposite of diminishing returns.

Wait, is damage resistance additive in this game? That's completely nuts if so.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I slapped it on my fireblazer since while farming I got amazingly stat'd pieces and Gepard's LC. The shield is small but the sheer amount they can absorb while taunting seems good enough.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JT Jag posted:

I got two copies of this and yeah, it's kinda a bummer, but I wouldn't go so far as to say other Destruction characters don't want it at all. It's a flat attack bonus that matches the 4-star cones, and a heal both on kill and on hit, and even without Clara if you place the Destruction character next to your tank cleave attacks will ensure it triggers plenty.

Wait, positioning matters in your team composition? How so?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Walla posted:

Wait, positioning matters in your team composition? How so?

"Blast" type attacks hit the primary target and the person standing to either side of them. This is just as true for enemies as it is for the Trailblazer's Skill and alternate Ultimate. You want your tank either in the first or last slot to minimize that splash damage, and you don't want your most fragile character standing next to them.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Zurai posted:

"Blast" type attacks hit the primary target and the person standing to either side of them. This is just as true for enemies as it is for the Trailblazer's Skill and alternate Ultimate. You want your tank either in the first or last slot to minimize that splash damage, and you don't want your most fragile character standing next to them.
Honestly one of my biggest gripes with the entire game is that they do the tutorial with March in position 2, which teaches a bad habit

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zurai posted:

Wait is this the case? lol

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Relevant to the tanking and positioning discussion:

Each Path has a different inherent "taunt" value associated with them. I don't remember the exact numbers, but Preservation characters have the highest, followed by (IIRC) Destruction, then Abundance. Hunt characters have the lowest value. My understanding is that enemies choose their target based on the ratio of total taunt value in the team. For example, if you have characters with 200, 150, 75, and 75 taunt values, you can expect the character with 200 to be targeted for single target and blast attacks roughly 40% of the time (200 individual value out of 500 total).

MarcusSA posted:

Wait is this the case? lol

Yep! I felt like a dumbass when I realized the reason why my Jing Yuan kept getting hosed up by certain bosses was because he was standing right next to Gepard.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 2, 2023

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Given gacha rates being what they are, is it a bad strategy for me to dump crystals into the "generic" banner summon to try and hit 300 as quick as possible for the free 5 star? Or would I be better off using those on the limited time banners and just letting the generic tickets accumulate naturally?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Given gacha rates being what they are, is it a bad strategy for me to dump crystals into the "generic" banner summon to try and hit 300 as quick as possible for the free 5 star? Or would I be better off using those on the limited time banners and just letting the generic tickets accumulate naturally?

Yes unless you are planning on being a wallet warrior you should ideally never spend non tickets on the standard banner. Standard banner has a chance of you just getting a LC over a character, meanwhile the limited banners are guaranteed characters, ontop of well, the obviousness of them being limited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zurai posted:

Yep! I felt like a dumbass when I realized the reason why my Jing Yuan kept getting hosed up by certain bosses was because he was standing right next to Gepard.

Oh FFS! Time to redo my team set up lol

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Given gacha rates being what they are, is it a bad strategy for me to dump crystals into the "generic" banner summon to try and hit 300 as quick as possible for the free 5 star?

Yeah do not do this. You'll get to 300 naturally. I think I'm at like over 100 already or something.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

God I love Preservation. :allears:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, don't spend jade on standard banner pulls. With the possible exception of Himeko, the 5* characters there aren't bad (and a couple of them are quite good), but the only guarantee you get is the 300th pull. Premium banners guarantee the banner 5* at 180 pulls, and that's only if you get unlucky in having to go all the way to the hard pity twice on the same banner. And that carries over from banner to banner, for the record. If you do 10 pulls right this second on Jing Yuan, you'll only need 80 on Silver Wolf to get the 50/50 chance hard pity on her. Pulls on premium banners are never entirely wasted because of that.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Aggro values are 75 for Hunt/Erudition, 100 for Nihility/Harmony/Abundance, 125 for destruction and 150 for preservation.

These can be raised/lowered with light cones and traces. So Seele/Dan/Sushang's a2 talent drops them to 38 when they're below half. Gepards talent raises him by 300% to 600 taunt, Landau's choice is +100% and gepards is +200% iirc.

Edit: got the taunt values for landaus and gepard's cone mixed up. Landau's is +200%, gepard's is +100%

berenzen fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 2, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Do we know what modifier M7's shield gives?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

+500%, same with clara ult

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it will take you much longer than you might think to hit 300 because they HEAVILY frontload giving out standard passes

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Zurai posted:

Yeah, don't spend jade on standard banner pulls. With the possible exception of Himeko, the 5* characters there aren't bad (and a couple of them are quite good), but the only guarantee you get is the 300th pull. Premium banners guarantee the banner 5* at 180 pulls, and that's only if you get unlucky in having to go all the way to the hard pity twice on the same banner. And that carries over from banner to banner, for the record. If you do 10 pulls right this second on Jing Yuan, you'll only need 80 on Silver Wolf to get the 50/50 chance hard pity on her. Pulls on premium banners are never entirely wasted because of that.

That is very good to know! I figured they were reset each banner, so, since I'll be spending exactly $0 on this game, I'd never hit 90 pulls on a banner, let alone 180

Thanks for the detailed info!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, the gacha rates themselves aren't great, but I really appreciate that the pity carries over from banner to banner. Not having to worry about wasting pulls is very nice. Even if you miss character A that you want, you're still closer to ensuring you get character B later on.

EDIT: This is true for light cone banners too, although the pity count and mechanics are different. Light cone hard pity is at 75 pulls for the 75/25 chance, IIRC, and the cone and character pity counts are separate. As a free to play player, it's probably better to avoid light cone banners, at least IMO.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zurai posted:

I'm still deciding whether to pull for Silver Wolf or Luocha. I do need a second healer (though I have Gepard, who can kind of substitute for one), and Luocha's kit is very complete if it doesn't get nerfed, with both offensive and defensive dispels and passive and active healing. Plus he's an Imaginary character, which is rare at the moment. On the other hand, Silver Wolf's kit seems almost completely future-proof. Creating type weaknesses is huge, plus she debuffs attack, defense, speed, and damage resistance. And she's not SP-hungry.

I'm not terribly interested in Kafka and only mildly so in Blade, so I can safely dump all my resources on either one and still have enough for whoever comes after. Choices, choices.

So my thoughts are that both characters have utility that will hold out in the long run. Luocha has a lot of value in his purge and dispel, alongside being atk based, and he he a lot of passive healing too to lower his sp cost. Wolf is a character who will be MUCH stronger on her rerun when more mono team options exist. I think that if you care about doing deep abyss as soon as possible Luocha will be much better, but I think either pull is pretty safe in terms of retaining value.