Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

err posted:

can any CSPAM landlords answer how they would handle this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Xaris posted:

am i the only one that has never ordered a doordash/grubhub/foodrabbit/eat24/foodiebot/whatever? literally, no joke, at least a third of the people in my apartment building are getting doordash for starbucks coffee(!!) in the morning, lunch, and dinner at all hours of the day, and i know because my building is super confusing and they always come to my door first so i'm pretty much redirecting half dozen doordashers every day

i genuinely do not understand delivery brain. i refuse to

nah id rather walk. poo poo's too expensive anyway

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ardennes posted:

So as far as Chatgpt 4 goes, how many people have actually used it for complicated code, and what are the results?

I know for historical writing, it is laughable garbage, but that is a different requirement.
wrap it up programailures

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Xaris posted:

am i the only one that has never ordered a doordash/grubhub/foodrabbit/eat24/foodiebot/whatever? literally, no joke, at least a third of the people in my apartment building are getting doordash for starbucks coffee(!!) in the morning, lunch, and dinner at all hours of the day, and i know because my building is super confusing and they always come to my door first so i'm pretty much redirecting half dozen doordashers every day

i have no idea how people can afford it. even with the bullshit subscription services they offer. im guessing they just dont tip

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trial run for the rest of the country.

https://twitter.com/RedistrictNet/status/1665054036637233154

Soon they will get votes proportional to how many employees they have on payroll.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ah, good. As if we needed more indications that the "democracy" we have here in the US of A is a complete loving farce.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Soon they will get votes proportional to how many employees they have on payroll.

Oh, so THAT'S what it must've felt like when the USSR really started to collapse.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looking forward to Weyland Yutani!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Xaris posted:

I got an ubereats coupon email for like $25 off a year or so ago so I got a delivery for one meal from one of the greek places but somehow with fees & tip I still ended up paying $10 more in addition to the $25.

When I was in socal I'd order from yummy.com a lot but it came in 30 minutes & covered groceries & reading materials as well as hot food, and I don't think there was even a delivery charge aside from a tip. It was wonderful getting soup delivered when I was sick.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Xaris posted:

I don’t really see the point unless you’re too hosed up on drugs to get it yourself

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
my pregnant wife uses it instead of sending me out for her cravings, v handy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

american elections changed to 1 share 1 vote to match the efficiency of The Market

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

i have zero sympathy for people who complain about how expensive these are

pick up your own drat food yourself, delivery food is degenerate luxury

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Mad Wack posted:

my pregnant wife uses it instead of sending me out for her cravings, v handy

All my wife craved was apples x3. Ripped off again.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

SKULL.GIF posted:

And if corporations can vote for office, surely they can run for it?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Okay when are the chuds giving us the violence that will give them extraterritoriality?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

croup coughfield posted:

so how many landlords is this cesspit harboring? show of hands

Nope. I do tell my bees though that it's time to pay the rent when the honey harvest happens. They've got a pretty good deal, no landlord ever smoked me up before collecting the rent.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/DustinMartian/status/1664817852472258561?t=w2QiG6fTefAYrPkK6JDunA&s=19

https://twitter.com/robhuebel/status/1664699376181170199?t=w2QiG6fTefAYrPkK6JDunA&s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
In an SEC filing Friday, the company said that on May 26, 2023, it removed “certain produced content” from its direct-to-consumer streaming services. As a result, Disney will record a $1.5 billion impairment charge in its fiscal third quarter financial statements “to adjust the carrying value of these content assets to fair value.”

Disney said it’s continuing to review content on streaming platforms and “currently anticipates additional produced content will be removed from its DTC and other platforms, largely during the remainder of its third fiscal quarter.” As a result, Disney currently estimates it may incur further impairment charges of up to about $400 million related to produced content.

On Disney’s earnings call last month, CFO Christine McCarthy had said the company expected to take a write-down in the June quarter of $1.5 billion-$1.8 billion from removing content from its streaming platforms. By writing down the value of the content assets, Disney can remove that from its balance sheet and reduce its tax bill.

adjusting the value of assets is what donald trump got in trouble for

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

StratGoatCom posted:

Okay when are the chuds giving us the violence that will give them extraterritoriality?

at THIS time of year?!

localized ENTIRELY within this thread?!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

SKULL.GIF posted:

Can someone explain corporate personhood to me?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

SKULL.GIF posted:

We need to get that device they had in Outbreak to contain the infection to Delaware. I'm very sorry Nichael and co but this is a sacrifice you should be willing to make for the rest of the country.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
*originalist voice*

corporate, adj. from Latin "corpore", body

so... a person... body... ipso demonstrandum decisis

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

If the founders recognized the principle that people could be property, it stands to reason that property can be people. That's in Euclid, "Things which are equal to the same thing are also equal to one another."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPGxVShkKdA

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the founding fathers also established the principle that owning property counts as extra votes

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Dang, that's a lot of new voters!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol
Is it a blue city?

Edit: oh poo poo it is the state assembly lmao

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Jun 3, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Frosted Flake posted:

Like how it originally meant or how it means now?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
one town tried to create a special district with 0 population so that companies could vote on proposals and they were foiled because one dude was living above a restaurant

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Gunshow Poophole posted:

*originalist voice*

speak american idiot

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Frosted Flake posted:

You know AA artillery systems right?

What would you use to kill this:https://shadowrun.fandom.com/wiki/Great_Dragons?

Since we seem to be living in a shadowrun reboot timeline, since we already are having our version of VITAS.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

almost two months of saving in the can. going well. switched my diet to apples and veggies and rice to save more money. the more i can save the more i can smuggle out of the USA into foreign markets crippling the US economy. pray for me.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

so they can sue each other over contracts, I think marine insurance contracts were first.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Xaris posted:

no I’ve never ever used anything like that I’ve never ridden in an Uber I’ve never had Amazon prime gently caress all of it I am a saint :colbert: saint boycott

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i never get delivery purely because it's cheaper and faster to just put in an order online and then pick it up myself. i guess if you live in the suburbs and would have to drive 25 minutes to the nearest starbucks and you're actually on the clock working from home (lol) there is a use case

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

yeah kinda crazy to think how normalized gig stuff has become over the past decade
most of the complaints i hear about food inflation are actually complaints about food delivery prices being jacked up

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Eric Fein ran his content-writing business for 10 years, charging $60 an hour to write everything from 150-word descriptions of bath mats to website copy for cannabis companies. …
“It wiped me out,” Fein said. He urged his clients to reconsider, warning that ChatGPT couldn’t write content [150 word descriptions of bathmats -ed] with his level of creativity, technical precision and originality. He said his clients understood that, but they told him it was far cheaper to use ChatGPT than to pay him his hourly wage.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

i am harry posted:

Eric Fein ran his content-writing business for 10 years, charging $60 an hour to write everything from 150-word descriptions of bath mats to website copy for cannabis companies. …
“It wiped me out,” Fein said. He urged his clients to reconsider, warning that ChatGPT couldn’t write content [150 word descriptions of bathmats -ed] with his level of creativity, technical precision and originality. He said his clients understood that, but they told him it was far cheaper to use ChatGPT than to pay him his hourly wage.

literally Elaine Benes at J Peterman rear end job haha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

*originalist voice*

person yes but they aren’t people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

shrike82 posted:

yeah kinda crazy to think how normalized gig stuff has become over the past decade
i don't like how much that gig hypernormalization has occured. seems bad sign for solidarity and worker rights support if everyone is hooked, especially food delivery. but yes it seems like everyone is deeply into it and seriously someone here is getting starbucks lattes delivered every m-f morning; my previous neighbors in the nextdoor apartment were getting, no exaggeration, doordash twice a day everyday of the week; and downtown area has pretty much just turned into a double (sometimes triple!) parked cars w/ hazard lights blinkin away like a symphony of doordashers/uber eats.

i've even seen taco bell, kfc, mcdonalds, etc with regular frequency.... which wtf. i don't even think i live in a rich apartment building, it's old and non-luxury so it's weird how 'normies' are all spending a thousand dollars a week on delivery.

if i was a more malicious person, i could eat like a king with everyone coming to my door.