Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Iverron
May 13, 2012

they know who has money to spare I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

net work error posted:

The co-working space thing always seemed like it was marketed more for "startups" and "founders" to work there for networking purposes and that kind of thing.

So like most things it only existed because of low interest rates and not actually a real thing that should exist.
Why do "co-working" when you can just go to a coffee shop like a normal person?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ready to go snorkeling

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

we’ve been kicked from our shared account but i’m not really sure i’m bothered about subscribing myself, mainly because netflix now has a firmly established reputation of abandoning shows after two seasons regardless of quality, and just has so much chaff to choose from it’s difficult to even find the good stuff in the first place, which is cancelled anyway

Apparently this is because of the way Netflix negotiated writers contracts the pay goes up after a show lasts longer than 2 seasons.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I will never forgive Netflix for making GBS threads out the turd that was season 3 of dark. So loving easy to see they had no writers on staff for it.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

the bitcoin of weed posted:

tech will never manage to make one of these that doesn't look loving stupid and that's why VR is a dead end

I'm still completely puzzled why all the VR trailers always have some dumb nerds looking like dorks in the vr gear. Sure, it's a challenge to show what your game would be like on a screen, but there must be a better way.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I will never forgive Netflix for making GBS threads out the turd that was season 3 of dark. So loving easy to see they had no writers on staff for it.

yeah one of the penultimate episodes with a rather crucial “dead end” just kind of happened with no build up or pay off?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

$500 street parking fines should do the trick

seems a no brainer?

The beach parking lots are right there and also include open bathrooms & outside showers.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

genericnick posted:

I'm still completely puzzled why all the VR trailers always have some dumb nerds looking like dorks in the vr gear. Sure, it's a challenge to show what your game would be like on a screen, but there must be a better way.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Nothus posted:

the basic premise of crypto and Web3 is such a powerful one to tech-brained morons that they will always keep trying to gently caress that chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDEMr_sIsDg

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Requiring the same reporting standards that other securities do would destroy the reasons anyone uses crypto (money laundering, tax evasion, buying drugs)

I think the 2 biggest reasons Binance doesn't want to register are:
1. KYC/AML: Requiring Binance to do the barest minimum level of due diligence before accepting cash from "customers" would cut significantly into their revenue
2. Order book transparency: Everyone knows crypto pricing is controlled by a few players, but Binance is also likely fabricating orders on top of that to influence pricing

Apple marketing team modeling call: "We need a warm face and a model that absolutely knows how to smile like a real person"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
get the headset to look cool like ghost in the shell then we can talk

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I am Mad on the Internet that bitcoin still hasn't crashed all the way down

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

that thumb is the tether you plug in

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1665720324896313346?s=20

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1665720582594256897

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
more truk pls

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I get Max for "free" through my cell phone plan so it's the streaming service I use most often, and seeing the amount of Reality content being pushed since the switch from HBO Max to Max is pretty disheartening

the documentaries are really good tho :filez:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

FlapYoJacks posted:

LowTax used to probe people for the “there’s a front page????” joke.
If by “probe” you mean “ban”, then yes.

Xaris posted:

more truk pls
Can someone repost that image where it’s like cruel pug breeding practices but trucks?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I am the kind of idiot that will spend a thousand bucks to put video games on my face, but I am apparently not the kind of idiot that will spend 3500 bucks to put my phone on my face

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

The beach parking lots are right there and also include open bathrooms & outside showers.

take away parking spots from paying RV vacationers?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

capital's project is to make the real world so unbearable you'll pay to put this poo poo on and tune it out

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I've got lightning in my veins
Walk around like Frankenstein
I put phone games on my face
I'm the dumbest girl alive

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

there’s still millions of american men who don’t have an urban assault vehicle to convey that they are big strong special boys

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Marx Headroom posted:

using my $3500 goggles to scroll through the Lepers Colony like minority report

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

holefoods posted:

there’s still millions of american men who don’t have an urban assault vehicle to convey that they are big strong special boys

The idea of people buying new cars in tyool 2023 is absolutely unhinged even before it's a huge loving white flight mobile

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1665820094738432003?s=20

It's cool how retail people can get fired for both stopping shoplifting and not stopping shoplifting

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

take away parking spots from paying RV vacationers?

The rose ave. parking lot at venice beach used to be filled with RVs that people lived in, but they'd get kicked out overnight & have to pay again to stay there each day. So they'd move to the residential side streets but once those were gentrified the libs in city council passed those ordinances the story mentioned.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

You’re also not, Apple promises, isolated from people around you. The headset will display your eyes with a system called EyeSight, and if you’re in full VR, a glowing screen will obscure them to suggest you’re not available. It also creates a digital “persona” — basically a hyperrealistic avatar — by scanning your face.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
On the other hand, the Meta Quest is now completely hosed

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Justice Thomas likely only worked 10 years in his whole pathetic life.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Nothus posted:

On the other hand, the Meta Quest is now completely hosed

literally 1/10th the price, if anything it's very slightly less hosed than it was yesterday

which, granted, still pretty hosed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i've never worked in an office in my life. where the gently caress is my world class shopping experience, capital?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I have a PSVR I haven't used in five years. It's good for being aggressive about ignoring your family/roommates I guess.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1665820094738432003?s=20

It's cool how retail people can get fired for both stopping shoplifting and not stopping shoplifting

there's a Netflix documentary about them and it's a ride

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the people who like VR for using stuff like VRChat (perverts I assume) seem to really like it but I just don't see it being unobtrusive enough to bridge the gap to regular people for that price. i'm sure some rich kids on Instagram will buy it and forget about it but i don't think this thing will succeed on a wide scale. who knows tho maybe the public is ready to throw away their screens so they can watch movie over wife's face instead

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I do think that augmented reality vs VR is at least less stupid looking and more usable but you’d need the form factor of a pair of normal glasses for it to get widespread use.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
someone please mix the Apple headset with the dem a thon vr dude

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1665824548967546880?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

I'm loving the shitpostification of the legal and regulatory system since they ran with that quote as their headliner lmao

https://twitter.com/SECGov/status/1665779371108335618