Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/AlecWilletts/status/1665779531062423553?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol body language

i meant the corbyn one

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

LOL ouch it's too real

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Imagine all these Wankers growing up and looking at Michael loving Gove and thinking “yes! That is my destiny!”

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Bad form. Wes should've told him to wear a tie

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Dicks Day in the background is a bit too perfect

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

quote:

AI should be licensed like medicines or nuclear power, Labour suggests

Exclusive: party calls for developers without a licence to be barred from working on advanced AI tools

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jun/05/ai-could-outwit-humans-in-two-years-says-uk-government-adviser

Was going to ask if these fuckwits know anything at all about anything but guess the answer is no,sadly not.

Next up, Labour calls for long division licenses and only licensed mathematicians to be able to use algebra.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Floral shirts w/ tie and jumpers, the Tory Tyrwhitt collection

Why does England on top of everything else have the worst collection of haircuts?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1665830725902385154?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Isn't it wonderful to have the Sensibles in charge?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wouldn’t wanna stay in central London either

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When I think of two great successes for humanity, I always think of drug prohibition and making everyone irrationally scared of nuclear power.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Incredible that some people are still trying to find some gotcha on Corbyn. Shouldn't they just be happy that they 'won'?

Although it was the conservative party who won, not the people who voted or supported them. The Leopards party doesn't spare anyone, even those who helped them get in power.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

He has domestic support because he spends fuckloads of EU money on popular poo poo. They should close the spigot but they can't because they're too supine and also beholden to Poland's fascist pricks.

The EU was specifically set up in such a way that it can't do anything about one member as long as one other member agrees with them, iirc. Which seems a bit short-sighted but that's EUgovernance.txt.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Right, who’s in?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I don't want to eat £13 of crisps in an hour and a half

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You’d have to go really hard on the Pringles to get your moneys worth in 90 minutes, I don’t even wanna think about how many space raiders you could get for £13

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Eating Salt & Vinegar Pringles for an hour and a half could be used as torture. As much as I love them, they smash that flavouring on and it just burns your lips after about 10 of them. A sleeve of S&V pringles lasts longer than any other flavour because of it.

Now an hour and a half of beef monster munch? now we're talking.

And I know I don't post much, so I'm going to jam this in here. Worcester Sauce Wheat Crunchies were the absolute GOAT snack. I miss them so much.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

There is also a paddling pool of mixed dips for everyone to share. Unfortunately information on Monster Munch flavours has not been made available.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Scranford

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I appreciate the local flavour from writing phonetically

complimentroy

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

feedmegin posted:

The EU was specifically set up in such a way that it can't do anything about one member as long as one other member agrees with them, iirc. Which seems a bit short-sighted but that's EUgovernance.txt.

They could also get fined if they break regulations or other EU legislation (this happens somewhat often, even to places like the Netherlands), but being a fash irredentist government isn't against EU law by itself.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Late to the party but the Lexit people were the dumbest loving marks ever and should be ashamed of their choices and forever ridiculed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I dunno, between "Britain should have to pay reparations for empire" and "Britain should have low immigration and be great again" only one of those two groups got what they wanted.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Late to the party but the Lexit people were the dumbest loving marks ever and should be ashamed of their choices and forever ridiculed.

Seems to be fewer of them itt these days, Tesseraction is the only one I remember offhand. Either they've moved on or have gotten quieter about how they voted

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Seems to be fewer of them itt these days, Tesseraction is the only one I remember offhand. Either they've moved on or have gotten quieter about how they voted

Moved on, mostly. Brexiteers are in the main inherently dishonest. In the face of disaster the right wing ones will never admit they were wrong to vote for it, and the left wing ones will never admit that they did vote for it. Tess is a rare exception.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I still stand by my belief that the EU is better off without us and our stupid island is rich enough to weather the consequences of leaving. I have to admit I didn't expect the Tories to go quite this balls to the wall.

Mind you Sunak has actually been less of an insane Brexiteer despite being the first actual leave PM. May and Truss voted remain, Johnson literally didn't care and did it to further his political ambitions.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

That loving Sned posted:

Incredible that some people are still trying to find some gotcha on Corbyn. Shouldn't they just be happy that they 'won'?
The idea behind it is to continually discourage anyone else from trying to become the next Corbyn.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Drinkslinger posted:

The idea behind it is to continually discourage anyone else from trying to become the next Corbyn.

Seems to me it just encourages the next left-winger to wrestle control from the cuntocracy to just go Double Stalin.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Drinkslinger posted:

It's to soothe the consciences of all the liberals who voted Tory because they told themselves Corbyn would be worse. As the Tories get worse, they have to work harder to prove they made the right choice.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol we voted to use pesticides that kill all the bees again

Food security is a top priority, STOP THE BOATS BEES

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tesseraction posted:

I still stand by my belief that the EU is better off without us and our stupid island is rich enough to weather the consequences of leaving. I have to admit I didn't expect the Tories to go quite this balls to the wall.

Mind you Sunak has actually been less of an insane Brexiteer despite being the first actual leave PM. May and Truss voted remain, Johnson literally didn't care and did it to further his political ambitions.

Given all the effect Brexit has had on Northern Ireland, Brexit has not been "nothing really happened. Everyone is really okay."' Like it has massively shook up the while region.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

frankenbeans posted:

it just burns your lips after about 10 of them.
salt & vinegar that doesn’t do this isn’t worth eating :colbert:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tesla was right posted:

It's to soothe the consciences of all the liberals who voted Tory because they told themselves Corbyn would be worse. As the Tories get worse, they have to work harder to prove they made the right choice.

Yep, corbyn being a beyond the pale racist, terrorist and communist is a load bearing fiction that must be maintained

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Diet Crack posted:

lol we voted to use pesticides that kill all the bees again

Food security is a top priority, STOP THE BOATS BEES

Is this another Brexit benefit, we get the good pesticides again.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

TACD posted:

salt & vinegar that doesn’t do this isn’t worth eating :colbert:

Yeah if the roof of your mouth isn't raw and your lips tingling, is it even S&V?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so dam-busting is a war crime if you’re Russian but right and patriotic if you’re British and you’ve got a dog named after a racial slur back home, cool cool

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Julio Cruz posted:

so dam-busting is a war crime if you’re Russian but right and patriotic if you’re British and you’ve got a dog named after a racial slur back home, cool cool

Yes but Britain was fighting Nazis so all good.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Thanks for speeding up Irish reunification, will still be decades but it all adds up. :thumbsup:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

Given all the effect Brexit has had on Northern Ireland, Brexit has not been "nothing really happened. Everyone is really okay."' Like it has massively shook up the while region.

Yeah but it's not like that gets reported on in a way that's visible to the fine peoples of Great Britain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Just Another Lurker posted:

Thanks for speeding up Irish reunification, will still be decades but it all adds up. :thumbsup:
Irish reunification, Scottish independence, reparations, fairer trade deals, reduced ability to deport people.

Looks like the only Brexit benefits that might be remotely real are the Lexit ones.