Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

drat I haven't used my Stable Diffusion install in like a month (while it runs on my old Titan it's not what you'd call quick) so I haven't read any 'Whats New in AI' news stuff - dipping back into the new tools and I already feel generation-gapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcZYsfLOyOw

https://www.cloudbooklet.com/draggan-the-ai-powered-image-editing-tool/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Wow, an AI that allows you to drag people's clothes off, what an unexpected use case for this technology we're desperately trying to keep aligned as lawful good

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

NoneMoreNegative posted:

drat I haven't used my Stable Diffusion install in like a month (while it runs on my old Titan it's not what you'd call quick) so I haven't read any 'Whats New in AI' news stuff - dipping back into the new tools and I already feel generation-gapped.

i feel like this is one of those things where someone thinks of a name and then makes a product to fit the name

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The image manipulation (rather than pure creation) tools like that and the photoshop fill one definitely seem like the clearest "this will be extensively used by professionals" cases

buying clothes online from brands you don't already know is going to go from hard to impossible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i don't like this

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I like it, they made the horse dance!

BONGHITZ fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 6, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't like this

tough titties mate

(is that a saying in the US?)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

tough titties mate

yes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

tough titties mate

it is

but also this thing is basically replacing parts of pictures with parts of other pictures. for example look at the truck

it turns into a completely different truck. that dog's head is replaced with a different dog's head

it only works if you don't know what the original was like, and even then you can tell it's a different subject

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

it is

but also this thing is basically replacing parts of pictures with parts of other pictures. for example look at the truck

it turns into a completely different truck.

yeah it does that for all of them. the woman is different, the dog gets a second tail, etc

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mediaphage posted:

yeah it does that for all of them. the woman is different, the dog gets a second tail, etc

lol i didn't even notice the tail at first

really the only ones that look similar are the lion and elephant

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
that tool looks so goddamn good for making photoshop gags with

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

it is

it turns into a completely different truck. that dog's head is replaced with a different dog's head

it only works if you don't know what the original was like, and even then you can tell it's a different subject

tough titties

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

tough titties

i put this prompt into stable diffusion and i do NOT like the results

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ahaha

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have been screwing around with some ai upscaling tools and i gotta say -- as long as you're okay with the results being hallucinated rather than literally true, they are getting shockingly good.

for instance i found this cool hand painted dutch safety poster that i wanna put up in the shops, but it was 600x800.

upscaled 600% to 3600x4800, large enough to print tabloid size at 300 dpi, full size comparison:

poo poo is crazy.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 8, 2023

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah that's great, and more than good enough for most non-pro (and even then....) uses i think. i guess it still struggles with the small letters

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah. fortunately the text is something you can easily replace by hand as long as it's readable.

but the rest of it, it's nuts. you have to look really close to spot some brush strokes that look like not really how a human would do them. nobody's going to be looking that closely at a poster though. you could probably run a solid business just taking old graphic design from the internet and upscaling it like this and selling it as replicas at art shows.

or just...art in general. i made myself a high res copy of wadsworth's famous Dazzle-ships painting from the medium-res version on wikipedia, and i might just print it for my wall. smdh

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 8, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
they're very good at scaling up artwork

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
isn’t that how most of it is made? like the text to image stuff makes a lower res image of what you dream of and then upscale it to make it classy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
afaik in general it's not really upscaled as much as it is recreated entirely but i've never actually sat down and read a paper on how they work

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

You do need a GPU resource with some poke to produce anything over 1024x1024~ish in Stable Diffusion, there is usually at least a 2X upscale tacked on to most processes.

Making a better-res version of an image you have already created just be reapplying the prompt you used isn't guaranteed to reproduce the same thing exactly even if you don't change any other inputs, simply for the fact there's more pixels to bounce off each other as it convolves.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

and your ok with this????

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Is it still 2010? Huawei AI DB: with no AI:

https://www.huaweicentral.com/gaussdb-launched-huaweis-own-distributed-database/

Reads worse than normal tech fluff, especially compared to TenCent and AliBaba launches of new apps.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

monte carlo search compiler optimizer now for simplicity bundled up in informative term "ai"

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/06/googles-deepmind-develops-a-system-that-writes-efficient-algorithms/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

and your ok with piss????

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

MrMoo posted:

Is it still 2010? Huawei AI DB: with no AI:

https://www.huaweicentral.com/gaussdb-launched-huaweis-own-distributed-database/

Reads worse than normal tech fluff, especially compared to TenCent and AliBaba launches of new apps.

calling everything "AI" or "AI-powered" for no obvious reason is an even bigger + older thing in china tech than the west ime

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Here’s another good example of Chinese bullshitting:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...d-physicist-pan

I can put to bad journalism the discussion of quantum computers instead of quantum annealing, although it has been a consistent issue in Chinese press for at least the last year. However 180,000,000 x faster is :lol:

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 8, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soulhunter posted:

going for Monty Python vibes here

Magazine Collage Models

Rock Candy Rings

Eiffel Tower

Midjourney fails to understand what "Standing on the edge of a cliff" means, positioning and perspective is all over the place except in basically the last image here.

Political Caricatures in the style of Mad Magazine

I only listen to the mountain goats

gyotaku meets sharpie art, zelda

Sunflowers with a Ukraine color motif

angels dragging people away to hell

Mountains that look like a pair of... big, juicy melons, get your big juicy melons!

Billionaire space rockets that look like someone's... Privates, we have reports of an unidentified flying object, it has a long smooth shaft, complete with...

lithographs

pokeymans

thousand island stare dressing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

a lot of those are really cool imo

soulhunter posted:

Midjourney fails to understand what "Standing on the edge of a cliff" means, positioning and perspective is all over the place except in basically the last image here.

i think this comes down to crafting a good prompt; i just tried this and it nailed positioning on all of them:

the very last one is maybe iffy because he's probably standing on plant growth but

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
as is common with midjourney, some of them are pretty good, most are not

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
meanwhile, in toronto:

https://twitter.com/BenSpurr/status/1668356551864733698

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

honestly cant take 30 secs to look at what it shits out; you could easily make realistic ones if you gave a poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
they don't care, that's the point. people just expect to see something similar to that in a political ad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
as i said in the TO LAN thread, this is pretty indicative of the quality of the candidate. whatever, there's like 100 of them and there are maybe three good ones

if this dipshit wants to pipe stable diffusion and gpt directly into his campaign materials, he can go hog wild because he's probably polling under 1%

e: actually, he's polling at 11%, because sure, why not?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 12, 2023

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Shutterstock rights for "old woman in supermarket" and "vaguely worried couple" cost a few hundred bucks and the intern tasked with the social media presence has to get approval to pay for it.
AI images are free and unencumbered.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:haibrow:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's a lot better than what it does stand for, certainly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

chatgpt has an even better one