Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Time for battle network 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

njsykora posted:

So what's Capcom potentially got in the tank? The only thing I can think of since they already announced Street Fighter 6's first DLC wave is Monster Hunter World 2 since it's been a few years since Rise.

Breath of Fire remaster collection

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

fridge corn posted:

Viewtiful Joe remaster collection

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

fridge corn posted:

Breath of Fire remaster collection

Don't make me dream.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Breath of Fire sequel that's not a mobile gacha

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Oh yeah! It is happening.
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1666097613727313921?t=22Z6rHxUBNVHBffotHYp5Q&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This, op.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

njsykora posted:

So what's Capcom potentially got in the tank? The only thing I can think of since they already announced Street Fighter 6's first DLC wave is Monster Hunter World 2 since it's been a few years since Rise.
It's just going to be 36 minutes of telling people to buy Ghost Trick when it's re-released in a couple of weeks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fortnite is called for the win night in my hostel

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this might.. affect things lol

https://twitter.com/zachbussey/status/1666111039736258561

i guess use the Youtube links for streams just in case they get banned on Twitch by these dumb new rules

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It looks like those are for streamer channels with ads that obscure non-ad content, not corporate channels where the only content is an ad and it's not being directly monetized?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
well somehow i doubt game showcases which show trailers will get hit by this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

haveblue posted:

It looks like those are for streamer channels with ads that obscure non-ad content, not corporate channels where the only content is an ad and it's not being directly monetized?
the question is whether twitch counts channels like Wholesome Games which are not a corporation

i also think them choosing to wait until 24 hours after Games Done Quick ended to announce this is pretty indicative timing

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The 7th Guest posted:

i guess use the Youtube links for streams just in case they get banned on Twitch by these dumb new rules

I just imagine streamers just making little 'billboards' and placing them in view of the camera

Edit: Also why does it seem like that new Fortnite season is going to introduce survival/base building stuff

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 6, 2023

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
monster hunter 6 is the main capcom game from the leaks that hasn't been announced yet, i'd probably expect it to show up. originally the leaks indicated it was targeting a 2023 release date but it coming out early-mid next year would also be pretty believable

pragmatica is also still supposedly coming out this year but that's total vaporware

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wasn't the MH6 in the leaks just the PC version of Rise? Rise is Monster Hunter 6.

Like this is the second time I've seen this brought up today and now I'm actually confused. Rise is the 6th mainline one it's Monster Hunter 6, isn't it?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 6, 2023

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The 7th Guest posted:

lih
May 15, 2013

it was specifically not rise which they weren't internally counting as a numbered game for whatever reason, as that was listed separately in the same leaks. probably because it was developed specifically for the switch? mh6 is almost certainly just the internal working title anyway

lih fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 6, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well why the gently caress not?! It's a Monster Hunter game, isn't it?!

lih
May 15, 2013

they've since said that they do consider rise the 6th mainline game but maybe didn't originally going into development, hence mh6 being the internal name for something else? generations was also not considered a mainline game and i think rise was developed by that team?

but regardless, given that it's three years since rise next year, a new mh is pretty likely to be announced relatively soon, and there are old leaks indicating as much

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Well why the gently caress not?! It's a Monster Hunter game, isn't it?!

It sucks tho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As if it wasn't bad enough that this poo poo takes up a quarter of any show Capcom has done in the last two years, it doesn't even count?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Wasn't the MH6 in the leaks just the PC version of Rise? Rise is Monster Hunter 6.

Like this is the second time I've seen this brought up today and now I'm actually confused. Rise is the 6th mainline one it's Monster Hunter 6, isn't it?

Rise is clearly 5.5 because it is still the 5th generation of monster hunter.

ZeusCannon posted:

It sucks tho

smh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thursday is going to rule.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't wait, for Summer Game Fest 2023.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the capcom show is going to be hosted by vtuber detective gumshoe

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

fridge corn posted:

God Hand remaster collection

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Star Gladiator Remaster Collection

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol I wonder who threatened to leave Twitch that got them to backpedal bc “we don’t want you collaborating with brands unless it’s through our tools that give us a cut” is what they said, not this ‘we don't want you collaborating with third-party ad networks/agencies’ boogieman

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Devolver Direct is June 8 3PM PT/6PM ET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j10ydQAy7OM

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

As if it wasn't bad enough that this poo poo takes up a quarter of any show Capcom has done in the last two years, it doesn't even count?

I'm not a monhun guy but prior to world there was a clear "Monster Hunter [number]/Monster Hunter Portable _____ "divide handled by different teams, so it's prob a remnant of that if true

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Come on Dino Crisis 2 remake

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

njsykora posted:

In a world where even Konami are doing it for MGS, the lack of an RE Classics collection is one of gaming's weirdest omissions. It's the thing I'm going to continue hoping for every time one of these shows rolls around.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bumhead posted:

In a world where even Konami are doing it for MGS, the lack of an RE Classics collection is one of gaming's weirdest omissions. It's the thing I'm going to continue hoping for every time one of these shows rolls around.

They've done so many bundles of old RE games over the years though, and you can still play all the mainline entries on modern consoles since they all got rereleased for last gen.

On Monster Hunter and whether Rise is a mainline entry, when World came out as a simplified game to appeal to the filthy casuals they said they now had 2 MH teams. One making World for the aforementioned casuals and one that would keep making games in the older style for those of us who aren't scared away by the item box interface. Rise was intended to be that as far as I know. So MH5.5 is probably the most accurate term for it, since it's more of an alternative to World for the long time fans than a full step forward.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And I complain, but I would actually much rather at least see a new Monster Hunter, 6 or no, than more updates for Rise.

Please Capcom just announce new games.

Orv
May 4, 2011

njsykora posted:

They've done so many bundles of old RE games over the years though, and you can still play all the mainline entries on modern consoles since they all got rereleased for last gen.

On Monster Hunter and whether Rise is a mainline entry, when World came out as a simplified game to appeal to the filthy casuals they said they now had 2 MH teams. One making World for the aforementioned casuals and one that would keep making games in the older style for those of us who aren't scared away by the item box interface. Rise was intended to be that as far as I know. So MH5.5 is probably the most accurate term for it, since it's more of an alternative to World for the long time fans than a full step forward.

Everything about Monster Hunter that is not hunting monsters is dogshit and should see death.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I thought there's been 2 mh teams for ages way before World.

E: Like, games have been coming out every year or 2 years since like the 2nd gen. Can't imagine it was only one team putting them out.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 7, 2023

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought there's been 2 mh teams for ages way before World.

E: Like, games have been coming out every year or 2 years since like the 2nd gen. Can't imagine it was only one team putting them out.

I feel like it was a lot easier back then - there were a lot of reused models, skeletons, and mechanics between games, and it was World that forced them to start from (almost) scratch.

This is entirely hypothetical, mind you. Like, it's no easy feat to create a new game but when you're building upon an existing engine things become a lot more possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

first event is today in 20 minutes

https://twitch.tv/guerrillacollective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5FebBfhxB4

it should run about 3 hours in length, because there's a "publisher spotlight" that's part of the event 2 hours after the starting point

this is purely indie games, as I've mentioned in the OP. the biggest game in the batch is Remnant 2. i've mentioned games that'll be in these two Guerilla shows (there's a second on the 13th), but they also claim there are reveals that aren't on the Steam landing page... I doubt there's anything as big as Remnant 2 however. I saw Hyper Light Breaker in the Black Voices in Gaming section on the Steam landing page but that is part of the event on the 13th, so IDK if we'll get a trailer today.

for me personally I'm interested in seeing if we'll get release dates for Blood West (1.0), Demonschool, AMID EVIL: The Black Labyrinth, and World of Horror (1.0).

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 7, 2023