Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

team overhead smash posted:

Enjoying cloning labs as an excuse to break out a Destroy deck.

I'm going hog wild with Jeff and Hulkbuster. 2/8 Jeffs everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marx Headroom posted:

Good strategy? No. Funny? Yes.

I had someone try to do that but I kept having Venom clones eat each other so the player was spending energy reducing the power of my hand while Venom's was skyrocketing and giving me 2 of him to play by game's end.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’m only missing Statute from pool 4, but only have Thanos, Galactus, Nebula, Kitty, and Hit Monkey from 5. So 9 cards to go.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m missing Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Galactus, Kang, Jeff, Howard, Tribunal, Stegron, Snowguard. CL 4,210

No new card for me this month :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Marx Headroom posted:

Good strategy? No. Funny? Yes.

I did this with Yondu to a Galactus deck, and they just gave up because they ran out of the key cards

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Devo posted:

I feel like I’m seeing lots of bots too, but they don’t have the usual bot splits so it’s weird. Unless there’s a bunch of Nakia decks going around that I don’t know about.

Ppl seem to be trying to combo nakia with human torch, have not seen it successfully pulled off

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there an in-game way to see what cards you don't have?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

Sort by quality low to high -> Click “Unowned” on the filters

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Hobo Clown posted:

I manually keep track on marvelsnapzone. It seems tedious but with a high collection level it's not at lot of work to keep track (after the initial investment of time) and new cards don't come along that often.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've been getting a few pants on head stupid bots lately snapping me some 8 cubes. Not that I'm complaining but it's not what I'd expect in mid 90s ranks

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

The Sean posted:

I manually keep track on marvelsnapzone. It seems tedious but with a high collection level it's not at lot of work to keep track (after the initial investment of time) and new cards don't come along that often.

I use the snap.fan tracker for collection, deck, and match tracking, and the untapped.gg tracker for the overlay.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I've been getting a few pants on head stupid bots lately snapping me some 8 cubes. Not that I'm complaining but it's not what I'd expect in mid 90s ranks

This is fairly standard.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Red posted:

I did this with Yondu to a Galactus deck, and they just gave up because they ran out of the key cards

Excellent idea

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sandwolf posted:

Sort by quality low to high -> Click “Unowned” on the filters

That worked, thanks. Turns out I'm only 10 or so cards away from Pool 3 complete which is a lot less than I was expecting.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

This deck has taken me from 78 to 96 so far today. Usually I hit infinite but not until week 3 or 4 and this is my fastest climb by far. Just abuse Carnage or, preferably, Venom on Clone Labs and then use either Knull or Zola to win another Lane. If the cards/locations don’t line up for that then just go for standard destroy shenanigans.

# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Venom
# (3) Sabretooth
# (3) Deathlok
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Knull
# (8) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWW9uZHUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJ1Y2t5QmFybmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXJuYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2x2ZXJpbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZlbm9tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYWJyZXRvb3RoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmltcm9kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktudWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CL8550. Missing Knull and Negasonic from S4, Howard, Master Mold, Snowguard, Stegron and the Tribunal from S5.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wow an actual good variant from a cache for a card that gets used. Kitty Pryde with some.. small dragon thing. I'd post a SS but I'm on mobile.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

New Leaf posted:

Wow an actual good variant from a cache for a card that gets used. Kitty Pryde with some.. small dragon thing. I'd post a SS but I'm on mobile.

Lockheed!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Kitty Pryde with some.. small dragon thing. I'd post a SS but I'm on mobile.

There are two Kitty-with-Lockheed variants and one is 1200G IIRC, so I know which one you have.

If you want to post screenshots from mobile, just snapshot the screen (Power+Volume Down on my phone) and then in your post select BBCode options, choose "Upload Imgur" and select an image from your phone - it'll be the first one in line if you just took it.

E: like this.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

uXs posted:

What with all the news and talk about cards (not) dropping and poo poo, I was wondering what cards does everybody here have or not have?

In S4, I've got Negasonic and Stature left.

In S5, Galactus, HE, Thanos, Jeff, Howard, Iron Lad, Stegron, and The Living Tribunal. (Also Ghost Spider.)

At present, I'm holding off from spending any tokens because I think they'll change the system soon. I'm up to 10000!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m waiting for the patch that is supposedly next week before I spend any tokens as well. Will be curious to see who is the standout from this season, but I been eyeing Jeff for nearly two months now..

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
If the season pass cards aren't going to drop to S3 eventually anymore, it seems almost pointless to keep playing the game since I will just be spending my tokens on those cards and not getting anything else.

I still need:
Darkhawk
Master Mold
MODOK
Nimrod
Shanna
Stature
Zabu
Kang
Snowguard
Jeff
Segron
Hit Monkey
Iron Lad
Nebula
Howard
Living Tribunal

I have Zabu pinned because he seems pretty necessary to get the most out of HE, Iron Lad, and Darkhawk

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Zabu is straight up one of the most useful cards in the game. Maybe the best overall card they've printed if we're being honest. If they're going to be cagey about which cards they drop to S3 I don't see Zabu dropping for a long, long, time.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

~3700 CL.

Here's what I'm missing
P3:

ronan the destroyer
Shadow King
typhoid mary

====

P4:

Master Mold
MODOK
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Nimrod
Shanna
Zabu

====

P5:

Galactus
Howard the duck
iron lad
Jeff the Baby land shark
Snowguard
Stegron
The living tribunal

I have 3400 tokens, do I get Zabu or save up for Jeff?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Jedit posted:

There are two Kitty-with-Lockheed variants and one is 1200G IIRC, so I know which one you have.

If you want to post screenshots from mobile, just snapshot the screen (Power+Volume Down on my phone) and then in your post select BBCode options, choose "Upload Imgur" and select an image from your phone - it'll be the first one in line if you just took it.

E: like this.

Oh poo poo, all this time I've been going to the Imgur mobile site and loading it as Desktop so I can upload there but its such a hassle. Thanks, that sounds much better.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Oh poo poo, all this time I've been going to the Imgur mobile site and loading it as Desktop so I can upload there but its such a hassle. Thanks, that sounds much better.

It's a relatively recent addition to the app. A lot of people still don't realise it's there.

Eques
Jun 11, 2001

Jubilee pulling Odin to send back Hobgoblin :discourse:

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Destroy is doing pretty well with the location. I don’t have some useful cards like Zola or Knull, but the matchups are pretty solid so far.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Can daredevil see cards played into dark dimension/invis woman?

Also here are some of my favorite prof x snipes lately that made me cackle.

This was turn 3 and an insta retreat.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Altar of Death + Cloning Vats really doesn't seem fair

Likely a bot given how they wasted Cosmo, but it was still fun letting my Destroy deck put up some numbers

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Quetzadilla posted:

I'm nearly positive that he can still see them.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Quetzadilla posted:

Yes, yes he can.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No, he can't see at all, he uses radar vision
:goonsay:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

And yet you used the word vision, curious
:goonsay:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

crestfallen posted:

Destroy is doing pretty well with the location. I don’t have some useful cards like Zola or Knull, but the matchups are pretty solid so far.

I have Knull and Zola and they got me to Infinite just now from 78 in the morning thanks to Cloning Labs. Never hit Infinite even close to this early in the season before. If anyone is looking to climb I’d advise using this location while it still lasts.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 8, 2023

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Banged out Infinite in a few hours at work. HE control is extremely fun and feels pretty strong. Spider-Man can be downright oppressive at times.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Darke GBF posted:

Banged out Infinite in a few hours at work. HE control is extremely fun and feels pretty strong. Spider-Man can be downright oppressive at times.

What list are you using? I rarely play control so I might putz around with that after this location goes away.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yay up to 60! Got the Broo variant of Brood. I think that's my 4th Brood variant and I already have the Dan Hipp so this will never see play.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Destroy and cloning vats pushed me to infinite as well. I guess that means I can focus on conquest whenever it's out

It did NOT however push me to 103, very upsetting

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 8, 2023

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How do yous win so much without people doing rear end in a top hat poo poo on this location like playing Mordo over and over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Push El Burrito posted:

How do yous win so much without people doing rear end in a top hat poo poo on this location like playing Mordo over and over?

Lol that's a good one I didn't think of. That and master mold *chefs kiss*