Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

i use the consumables sometimes...

Same, when the daily missions tell me to :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

the weirdest ones are how 70% is 'heal the team' or 'revive one member' outside of combat

lord, if you run out of healing energy from the warp points while playing, this isn't for you.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Skill snacks are probably the only consumable I use

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Harlock posted:

Skill snacks are probably the only consumable I use

Yeah, especially ever since getting Silver Wolf I am constantly wanting technique points

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

argh @ E2 Bailu, one of the more unexciting awakenings

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Q4 this year for PS5 release. No sign of a PS4 release.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Speaking of minor interface annoyances and re: prime gaming reward codes, it bugs me that Star Rail's "gift" code redemption page doesn't remember the server and character even thought I'm still logged in, while Genshin Impact's "gift" code redemption page does remember. This wastes 0.75 seconds every time I have to apply a gift code. Literally unplayable!

Is SW's LC worth trying to get or does the event LC seem practically as good for her unless you're going to hyperinvest/whale for SIs and Eidolons?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The latter.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Q4 this year for PS5 release. No sign of a PS4 release.

The one good thing about this is if it launches with content parity, and I would assume that it will, it's going to have a solid 40+ hours of main story at that point. These games only get better with time so people starting up on PS5 are going to be eating pretty well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

with genshin PC and PS4/PS5 were the same game to the point you could play the same account on both so yeah itll definitely be at parity.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

The latter.

Yeah, it really feels like unless you're going deep on both her eidolons and the cone, the event one at S5 is plenty.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can one gift another person a nameless honor? How would one do that?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

TV Zombie posted:

Can one gift another person a nameless honor? How would one do that?

have them send you 10 bucks via paypal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

or a 10 dollar google play code if theyre on phone

theres no way to buy another person something directly in game

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

GateOfD posted:

the weirdest ones are how 70% is 'heal the team' or 'revive one member' outside of combat

lord, if you run out of healing energy from the warp points while playing, this isn't for you.

What if you're running a lower level team for xp without a healer or shielder?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

berenzen posted:

Ehhh, kinda. The weapon banner in this game is way more forgiving than the genshin weapon banner. The fact that there's not 2 separate 5* weapons on the same banner is huge. It means that you have a 75% chance to get the good LC instead of a 37.5% chance for it. I wouldn't do it unless it's for a main carry, but the first weapon is generally going to be a better investment for damage than chasing character eidolons. For a fully F2P player, it's probably not worth it, but if you're getting the BP/express pass, it should be something you at least consider if you're looking to chase dupes on a character.

Also the silver wolf light cone is not worth it to pull on because it the event light cone is so good, that the banner light cone is barely an upgrade a S1.

One thing I've noticed about the 5* light cones in this is that they seem heavily specialized for specific characters, to the extent that they're often not that good on other characters. Take, for example, Bronya's 5* light cone - it's heavily dependent on Bronya's ability to shift an ally's turn to be after hers.

This makes them seem comparatively less useful than in Genshin, where 5* weapons were usually pretty universally useful for characters who care about whatever sub-stat they have.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh no! I was waiting for ps launch to finish up space china and do all the character quests but q4 is too long a wait :(

Leakers saying ps version was coming 1.1, when it was actually news about ps version :argh:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Depends on the cone. Both Seele's and JY's cone are good on every hunt/erudition unit, and will likely continue to be so. The lightcones (particularly SW and Luocha) are certainly designed for their specific units, but Pela would would def use the the SW lightcone without hesitation.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

by the way I don't think we have a honkai impact third thread but Sirin aka Kiana Kaslana K-423 is an epic character and I'd like to see her, or a take on her in this game

don't click that box if you're not finished with honkai 3rd's story btw, or if you care about experiencing the story yourself

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRojVWQBsgs

me want Luka

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Silver Wolf not being Bronie is just super disappointing to me when unlike this game's Bronya, she acts the same as Bronie. They are the same person but SW has this whole Punklorde poo poo. And it's too different from Bronie's Arc City to be them withholding the name. Unless her last ascension just reveals that was all a lie I was completely wrong about calling her as Bronie and it feels like such a waste when they are the same characters.

However yes I would love to see Sirin. I'm less bullish on my theory about Kiana Kaslana being the new Aeon of Finality after SW isn't Bronie, but given her popularity an expy will surely have to show up.

I mean my biggest want for an expy is Senti, please show up Senti I need you.

technolizard
May 19, 2013
Well in one 10 pull I went from having no Silver Wolf to having one at E1. I will never get that lucky again! :toot:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't care about Silver Wolf, but the 2 dupes of Serval are appreciated. Some Asta dupes would be nice. She's the only free character I don't have any for.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Spent my entire bank on silver wolf (hosed up a bunch of rolls and ended up with her light cone by accident at first) so hoping she stays relevant for a while since I don't really have a team for her yet.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So did you get any eidolons?

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

GoodluckJonathan posted:

So did you get any eidolons?

E1 bailu lmao

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think people are kind of downplaying her LC. It might not be like, Jing Yuan LC level broken but it's still very good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

its because you get a maxed out 4* for free that's a perfect 2nd choice replacement

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's good but when you get a solid 4* alternative as a freebie I can see why people aren't hyped for it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I have her LC and I don't think it's downplaying it, it's just the completely free lightcone is competitive with one that costs your precious jade. I got her cone because my favs deserve their special treat, but it's not a smart decision. If there's a free guaranteed option that's comparable to any weapon I'd always tell people to go with and use that.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

It's also competing for pull currency against: a top tier support character (Silver Wolf), a healer that a lot of people probably want/need (Luocha), and soon thereafter, Kafka (Kafka). Not a lot of people, outside the whales, want to be spending currency on light cone right now, even if it is very good.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's pretty mediocre as far as value-over-replacement goes (assuming you're not going for multiples), which is the thing that really matters.

Like yes it's "good" in an abstract sense, in that it's worth using if you did pull it, but that's not what's important if you have to choose between pulling for it or pulling for other things.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I've noticed about the 5* light cones in this is that they seem heavily specialized for specific characters, to the extent that they're often not that good on other characters. Take, for example, Bronya's 5* light cone - it's heavily dependent on Bronya's ability to shift an ally's turn to be after hers.

This makes them seem comparatively less useful than in Genshin, where 5* weapons were usually pretty universally useful for characters who care about whatever sub-stat they have.

Lightcones not having substats (unlike GI's "xx% CCHANCE/CDMG" statsticks) is a big part of this imo, since it means they stuff more functionality into the flavor text/features of the weapon, which lends itself better toward specialization instead of generalization.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The LC to spend jade on is a copy of Dance Dance Dance, coming to a Luocha LC banner near you.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

I'm EL3 and can clear all content available to me except SU 3-2, is there a trick to this?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
What characters are you using? Level/LC/relics/traces all maxed? Path?

Generally SU is tuned so that all stages are beatable as soon as you have access to them, though the highest one may take a bit of luck with the blessings. Until your characters are 70 at least, at that point you can kinda steamroll everything. Hard to recommend strategy if you don't know the characters though. When I did that the first time I planned my (hunt) resonance usage around his shield, and got a bunch of resets off of the adds.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
3-2 has a recommended team level of 62, while at EL3 you're limited to 60, so while it is doable it's generally going to be "hard content" until you hit EL4 and can level up at least your primary DPS character further.

Having good AoE damage to burn down his big shield faster is a good strategy though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Freeze/Remembrance works real well on Geppy also

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MoonCrab posted:

Oh no! I was waiting for ps launch to finish up space china and do all the character quests but q4 is too long a wait :(

Leakers saying ps version was coming 1.1, when it was actually news about ps version :argh:

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed it's apparently not coming to PS4 anymore, but my laptop is running HSR well enough so I'll manage. Maybe by the time it drops I'll finally have a PS5 to play it on.

Guess I'll also move on to Space China in the meantime, I can finally ascend my Yanqing and Jing Yuan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I won't be able to get to 70 til tomorrow and I think I used Abundance focus for 3-2 when I beat it with a team of 60 last week. Seems like a pretty easy way to push through content under leveled.