Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'd like to see him wriggle out of this jam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Two bits of news today that I felt I had to go independently check because they seemed too good to be true!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are you saying you doubt the bbc nuwus bot?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm saying that I have, as I'm sure we all have, clicked on enough seemingly exciting news articles only to be greeted by the gentleman sat on the bed with his large penis exposed. I loved that picture in its own way, I even ended up disappointed when a link didn't lead to it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

he's dead now, RIP big penis man

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If it's the guy I'm thinking of he was pretty unhappy about that image.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I was sat in the garden, hiding from the internet. I've just heard the news, and all I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

OwlFancier posted:

If it's the guy I'm thinking of he was pretty unhappy about that image.

The gentleman I'm thinking of died 4 years before that image found mainstream popularity.

But let's not get distracted. These moments are few and far between so we need to savour them. I love how angry he sounds from the excerpts!

fuctifino posted:

I was sat in the garden, hiding from the internet. I've just heard the news, and all I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Exactly.

Sir Sidney Poitier fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 9, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Johnson being a rubbish British mini-Trump yet again.

Trump: 31 charges under the Espionage Act. Faces jail, so his lawyers quit.

Johnson: lied to Parliament. Faces suspension, so he quits.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Building up an appetite for another big dinner.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I know there's a lot of other stuff happening right now but .....

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jun/09/partisan-news-channels-threaten-impartiality-says-nick-robinson

lol, lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

God, Labour picking up Boris's seat is going to be depressing.

Meanwhile the last time a non-Tory won Mid Bedfordshire was 1929 so I don't see the Tories losing that one

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Gets worse!
Anne Frank is supposedly a trademark now.

https://twitter.com/YourlnnerVoice/status/1667180017225199618?s=20

This is the same gang who claimed there had been 'complaints' about plates illustrated by Gazan children when the hospital has finally 'fessed up that there were NO complaints apart from the gang.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

happyhippy posted:

I have a few TV series that are permanently on my hard drive so I can watch them at any time.
All the Star Trek series from the 90s.
All Star Gate series.
All MST3K movies.
Some Reeves and Mortimer series.
And Bottom.

Bottom gets watched probably the most, great show.
RIP Rik died 9 years ago today.

Add some Simpsons, a couple season of Always Sunny, some Sharpe, Blackadder 2-4 and that Ash vs Evil Dead show that somehow managed to run for three seasons.

Now you've got my life during lockdown.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

happyhippy posted:

I have a few TV series that are permanently on my hard drive so I can watch them at any time.
All the Star Trek series from the 90s.
All Star Gate series.
All MST3K movies.
Some Reeves and Mortimer series.
And Bottom.

Bottom gets watched probably the most, great show.
RIP Rik died 9 years ago today.

My rainy day videos on my computer are mostly the first approximately 150 UFC shows, the entire run of Pride FC, NWA Saturday Night TV from most of the '80s and stacks of indy wrestling from the 2000s, a massive collection of All Japan Pro Wrestling matches (and some JWA stuff from the '60s) from their founding until the NOAH split in 2000.

Oh, and I have both seasons of Rome and the HBO miniseries John Adams. But I think that's the only TV shows that have survived the regular purging to make sure I had free HDD space.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
If you liked Rome and are sick of the Game of Thrones recommendations, season 1 of The Terror is a similar work of tense, horrifying art. It's also got Jared Harris playing an Ulstermun and Ciaran Hinds playing a Inglishmun.

And there's a bear.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I can't feel much joy about Dorries and Boris.

Well, a little about Dorries and Boris' dad not getting a lordship.

But they're clearly just going to both go onto very lucrative grifts and live long and happy lives like all these cunts do.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

WhatEvil posted:

But they're clearly just going to both go onto very lucrative grifts and live long and happy lives like all these cunts do.

This is going to be the case with so many cunts, all you can do is the mature thing - take pleasure in how upset they clearly are. Know that they are at least very unhappy right now.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah, they'll just get replaced by more swivel-eyed loons while they swan off to continue their lives of unbelievable comfort and privilege.

Even so, "not much joy" is more than "zero joy".

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

WhatEvil posted:

That was always going to be true of Boris, but atleast to him this is an embarrassing failure and he's got sure absolutely fuming about it .

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Has Johnson resigned because he thinks he was in danger of being suspended from Parliament, potentially leading to a by-election?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Is it not just a strop?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Those broken people will never be truly happy. Even when they could just retire to a tropical island they’re still continuing the grift and craving praise from the tabloids

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/markjenkinsonmp/status/1667254441286815757

:allears:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

That loving Sned posted:

Those broken people will never be truly happy. Even when they could just retire to a tropical island they’re still continuing the grift and craving praise from the tabloids

It's kinda like the ending of Succession

They all end it far richer than they start but they are all miserable and have failed at what they set out to do

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Gets worse!
Anne Frank is supposedly a trademark now.

https://twitter.com/YourlnnerVoice/status/1667180017225199618?s=20

This is the same gang who claimed there had been 'complaints' about plates illustrated by Gazan children when the hospital has finally 'fessed up that there were NO complaints apart from the gang.

All of this is supremely hosed up and deserves significantly more attention.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

My sister just got gazumped on a flat she was buying. Anyone got any good advice on how to avoid this in future, or is she at the mercy of scummy solicitors?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jedit posted:

My sister just got gazumped on a flat she was buying. Anyone got any good advice on how to avoid this in future, or is she at the mercy of scummy solicitors?

It’s scummy sellers rather than solicitors - the solicitors won’t have anything to do with it that I can think of.

That said; you can’t ever really stop it, but when she makes an offer next she can make it on the condition of them stopping all viewings, taking the listings down etc.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's pretty hard to avoid when the buyer can just stick a note through the door saying "I'll pay 10k over what you're currently getting"

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Clarence posted:

Has Johnson resigned because he thinks he was in danger of being suspended from Parliament, potentially leading to a by-election?

Yes his suspension would make a recall petition possible which would almost certainly succeed, so it's very much a 'jump before you're pushed' situation

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Red Oktober posted:

It’s scummy sellers rather than solicitors - the solicitors won’t have anything to do with it that I can think of.

That said; you can’t ever really stop it, but when she makes an offer next she can make it on the condition of them stopping all viewings, taking the listings down etc.

Yep that's all you can do.

Also don't drag your feet. If you agree to buy a house you should move as quickly as possible. My sister in law dealt with a guy who after two months hadn't even arranged a survey. So she decided to reach out a ever so slightly smaller offer and give it to them. The guy was livid but he was taking the piss.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
One of the many insane things about the UK housing market is just how unregulated it is. Surprisingly enough, this works much more in the favour of landlords and other people with a lot of capital, as all the usual barriers and protections disappear as soon as you offer cash and no chain.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

The Perfect Element posted:

One of the many insane things about the UK housing market is just how unregulated it is. Surprisingly enough, this works much more in the favour of landlords and other people with a lot of capital, as all the usual barriers and protections disappear as soon as you offer cash and no chain.

UK law is very protective of tenants compared to many other places. Source: I live in Hong Kong. Words don’t exist to describe how landlord-friendly the law is here.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

frytechnician posted:

All of this is supremely hosed up and deserves significantly more attention.
These are the people who are claiming that Roger Waters dressed up as a fascist in The Wall and therefore loves fascism.

The music video understanders have logged on.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The Star of David on a pig is a little :chloe:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, he has some bad opinions. People who can't get their heads around "I'm clomping around the stage in a black shirt yelling about queers because I have worms in my brain, these are the worms you get in your brain if you countenance fascism" not actually being an endorsement of fascism don't get to criticize them though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

kecske posted:

it's pretty hard to avoid when the buyer can just stick a note through the door saying "I'll pay 10k over what you're currently getting"
I think I've mentioned before but there was a mass-landlord doing this in our old uni town. When the couple we were renting from decided to relocate to NZ and sell up, according to the lettings agent he called them and said he would bid 10 grand over anyone else's highest offer and bought it sight unseen. It's almost impossible to buy a house there if there is any potential for it to be converted into a shared student house.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Clarence posted:

Is there any streaming service that has Bottom on it?

My bottom is always a streaming service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mega Comrade posted:

The Star of David on a pig is a little :chloe:

It would be in isolation, sure, but if it's there with a bunch of other symbols then it feels more ok