Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

cat botherer posted:

Uhh, murder of protesters in the US has also been effectively been legalized. In some states, it's been de jure legalized if you do it with your car. It's almost like we're all neoliberal hellholes and we don't differ as much as we like to think!

uh I'm pretty sure the guy who ran over counterprotestors in Charlottesville is in jail right now

e: yeeeeeah this is quite a long way from "de jure legalized"

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

I'm guessing you still can't ship to the EU? :(

If not, I'll order some for my family in the UK. That'll show them!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

uh I'm pretty sure the guy who ran over counterprotestors in Charlottesville is in jail right now

Yeeeeeah this was at least partially the inspiration for Republican States like Oklahoma introducing bills where "an Oklahoma driver will no longer be liable for striking — or even killing — a person if the driver is “fleeing from a riot ... under a reasonable belief that fleeing was necessary to protect the motor vehicle operator from serious injury or death.”

I don't have a full list of states passing similar laws but it's literally true that since Heather Heyer was murdered laws have been introduced that make it legal to plow into a crowd with your automobile so long as they are protesting an issue "we" don't like

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Camrath posted:

Massive summer fudge release! (And a somewhat embarrassing plea)
All the best, and get fudged!

Thanks for the reminder, your maple and pecan was like a religious experience the last time I got some. Placed my order, good luck!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Bobstar posted:

I'm guessing you still can't ship to the EU? :(

If not, I'll order some for my family in the UK. That'll show them!

Sadly not. It’s just a massive can of worms (and paperwork) that is too much to open for trade at my scale.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

Thanks for the reminder, your maple and pecan was like a religious experience the last time I got some. Placed my order, good luck!

I just ordered and got this before seeing your post, can’t fuckin wait

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Camrath posted:

Howdy fudge fans!

Summer's here, and with it a massively expanded range of sweet, sticky deliciousness from the Fudjit labs! We've got 22 different flavours on the market for your delectation and delight, so don't delay and go grab some summer sugar soon as you can.

On a more serious note, due to greatly increased costs and decreased market takes across the board (People just don't have as much spending money as they used to) I'm in a bit of a bind. Right now after managing pretty well for three years I'm no longer making enough from Fudjit to cover my monthly bills and enjoy such things as 'food' and 'not panicking about where the next penny is coming from'. I can keep going for maybe a few more months if things don't change, but as a small businessman times are hard as all hell. I'm not asking for charity, but I would absolutely love to sell you lovely people as much fudge as I possibly can, if only to ensure said fudge will still be present in the future. As a disabled autistic dude who's only ever been chewed up and spat out by the system when trying to work normal jobs, being able to be my own boss has basically been a lifesaver and the idea of having to pack it all in and go back to working for someone else absolutely terrifies me on a visceral level. Each time I have it's ended up with me ultimately too sick to do anything for periods of years and I really don't want to go down that road again.

There's multiple options I'm exploring to diversify my business a bit; to explore new avenues and methods of trade while remaining true to Fudjit's original core values. But all of these take time to pan out, and as it stands I'm not going to be able to pay my monthly bills at the end of next week after a particularly disastrous event this weekend. The one thing I do have going for me right now is an absolute gently caress-ton of amazing fudge in stock in a huge variety of flavours; some old and some brand new. So please, if you are able to afford to (I know everyone here will be feeling the pinch just as I am), grab yourself a few bars and help a fudge-baron out.

That was not easy on the ego to write, so on a more happy note here's our flavour list at the moment.

Current Flavours

* Original Vanilla
* Unicorn Barf
* Chilli and Lime
* Cookies and Cream
* Irish Cream
* Whisky and Candied Ginger
* Cafe Americano
* Strawberry Milkshake
- Revised recipe! Now even more delicious- tastes like a Nobbly Bobbly ice-lolly
* Rum and Raisin
* Peanut Butter
- Returning from my very first cook back in 2019, shot full of lovely crunchy peanut butter.
* Chocolate Honeycomb
* Chocolate Crisp
* Chai Latte
* Oranges and Lemons
* Caramilk
* Pretzelicious
* Cheesecake
* Maple-pecan
* Chocolate Chip Cookie
* Lemon Meringue Pie
* Vegan Chocolate
* Veganana
- Vegan banana fudge with organic banana chips

All stock is now live and available at https://www.fudjit.co.uk for £4 + P&P per 100g bar. And as always you can use the goon code 'Roastbeefisbest' to get 5-for-4 at checkout. Orders are shipped with Royal Mail 1st class, tracked.

And thanks guys. Even if it turns out I can't keep Fudjit going then at least it's been a hell of a ride over the past three and a half years, and I'd never have even got started if it wasn't for this coterie of internet communists.

Quoting the whole thing since it's at the bottom of the last page.

Placed an order, fingers crossed for you to make it through this.

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

Reveilled posted:

Ditto, looking forward to trying this :)

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Camrath posted:

All stock is now live and available at https://www.fudjit.co.uk for £4 + P&P per 100g bar. And as always you can use the goon code 'Roastbeefisbest' to get 5-for-4 at checkout. Orders are shipped with Royal Mail 1st class, tracked.

Just ordered 10 bars, hope things get easier!

Couple general thoughts, sorry for the unsolicited advice:

- Buying multiple flavours at the same time on your site is a bit of a ballache, lot of having to use the back button on the browser. All of your flavours sound amazing, a selection box would make it easier for people to spend more money.

- My works got a contract with a local baker, where we send their cookies to high performers, or just as a thank you for hard work well done. They put our logo on their usual box. Don't know if you've looked into the world of corporate presents?

- Know there's companies like https://www.britishhamper.com/uk/, maybe they could add your fudge to certain hampers & you get paid a commission for each one sold?

Just chucking out thoughts here, I can't imagine how hard it must be as a small business right now. The obvious solution of course iss, for the government to provide people with money ("BUT WE CAN'T", say the people who easily implemented furlough when it suited them), so your average person on the street to spend said money & stimulate the economy. But that makes too much sense so won't be happening.

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014

Reveilled posted:

Order placed and looking forward to it greatly. Coming to my work address so it can get shared around.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Ordered, and so hyped for the maple and pecan!!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

MrTundra posted:

Coming to my work address so it can get shared around.

Wow rookie error imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Camrath posted:

Massive can of worms

New flavours are getting ridiculous. But would

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Camrath posted:

Howdy fudge fans!

Summer's here, and with it a massively expanded range of sweet, sticky deliciousness from the Fudjit labs! We've got 22 different flavours on the market for your delectation and delight, so don't delay and go grab some summer sugar soon as you can.

On a more serious note, due to greatly increased costs and decreased market takes across the board (People just don't have as much spending money as they used to) I'm in a bit of a bind. Right now after managing pretty well for three years I'm no longer making enough from Fudjit to cover my monthly bills and enjoy such things as 'food' and 'not panicking about where the next penny is coming from'. I can keep going for maybe a few more months if things don't change, but as a small businessman times are hard as all hell. I'm not asking for charity, but I would absolutely love to sell you lovely people as much fudge as I possibly can, if only to ensure said fudge will still be present in the future. As a disabled autistic dude who's only ever been chewed up and spat out by the system when trying to work normal jobs, being able to be my own boss has basically been a lifesaver and the idea of having to pack it all in and go back to working for someone else absolutely terrifies me on a visceral level. Each time I have it's ended up with me ultimately too sick to do anything for periods of years and I really don't want to go down that road again.

There's multiple options I'm exploring to diversify my business a bit; to explore new avenues and methods of trade while remaining true to Fudjit's original core values. But all of these take time to pan out, and as it stands I'm not going to be able to pay my monthly bills at the end of next week after a particularly disastrous event this weekend. The one thing I do have going for me right now is an absolute gently caress-ton of amazing fudge in stock in a huge variety of flavours; some old and some brand new. So please, if you are able to afford to (I know everyone here will be feeling the pinch just as I am), grab yourself a few bars and help a fudge-baron out.

That was not easy on the ego to write, so on a more happy note here's our flavour list at the moment.

Current Flavours

* Original Vanilla
* Unicorn Barf
* Chilli and Lime
* Cookies and Cream
* Irish Cream
* Whisky and Candied Ginger
* Cafe Americano
* Strawberry Milkshake
- Revised recipe! Now even more delicious- tastes like a Nobbly Bobbly ice-lolly
* Rum and Raisin
* Peanut Butter
- Returning from my very first cook back in 2019, shot full of lovely crunchy peanut butter.
* Chocolate Honeycomb
* Chocolate Crisp
* Chai Latte
* Oranges and Lemons
* Caramilk
* Pretzelicious
* Cheesecake
* Maple-pecan
* Chocolate Chip Cookie
* Lemon Meringue Pie
* Vegan Chocolate
* Veganana
- Vegan banana fudge with organic banana chips

And thanks guys. Even if it turns out I can't keep Fudjit going then at least it's been a hell of a ride over the past three and a half years, and I'd never have even got started if it wasn't for this coterie of internet communists.

Ordered!

Always a delight to enjoy your fudge Camrath.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Camrath posted:

Sadly not. It’s just a massive can of worms (and paperwork) that is too much to open for trade at my scale.

Totally understand, half my job is dealing with things that wouldn't exist if not for Brexit :sigh:

Ordered some for my brother though!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I've ordered some fudge because, quite frankly, I'm a saint.

Good luck, Camrath. I have enjoyed watching your business evolve, and I very much hope that this is just a bump in a much longer road.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I find it pretty funny how people on mortgages in the news are moaning about the rates going up when they were historically low for years.

Paying 900PCM on a 3 bed house sure sounds terrible, compare that to the rent of 1600PCM and not getting a house in the end, uhh, wait.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

fuctifino posted:

I can't stop laughing over the image Rishi chose to tweet:

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1667824772791541760

It makes him look even smaller than normal :allears:

This is a bill bailey bit.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Private Speech posted:

I find it pretty funny how people on mortgages in the news are moaning about the rates going up when they were historically low for years.

Paying 900PCM on a 3 bed house sure sounds terrible, compare that to the rent of 1600PCM and not getting a house in the end, uhh, wait.

They were historically low, but so was wage growth.

People bring up 14% of the 80s and 90s but ignore wage growth was far greater then.
In real terms this is the largest mortgage hike in a generation.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Private Speech posted:

i know 100% mortgages are supposed to be a signifier for a housing market about to implode, but really what option does the average 25 year old have to get a house

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

@Camrath I might have suggested this before but have you tried approaching your local National Trust sites as potential stockists? It's a bit of a ballache to get set up and there are a million fudge companies around already but yours is genuinely excellent and good local products always go down well. Probably worth a quick email or two, maybe drop some samples off to a couple of shop managers and let them push it through the system of they're keen.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

sebzilla posted:

@Camrath I might have suggested this before but have you tried approaching your local National Trust sites as potential stockists? It's a bit of a ballache to get set up and there are a million fudge companies around already but yours is genuinely excellent and good local products always go down well. Probably worth a quick email or two, maybe drop some samples off to a couple of shop managers and let them push it through the system of they're keen.

I feel like English Heritage could also be a good shout in the same vein.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Stop the economy! Cut waiting lists! Grow boats!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/corncommunist/status/1667387315856236544

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Holy loving poo poo.

Wife took me out to the cinema to stop me walking around the house fretting so I’ve been offline for the past three hours.

Just turned my phone back on and it nearly crashed from all the notifications of people viewing my website and placing orders. Rest assured my bills will be paid, the kitties will continue to be fed the enormous amount the little gannets demand and the fudge will continue to flow that bit longer.

I really am quite overwhelmed, to the point of tears.

The post office are going to loving /hate/ me tomorrow lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Camrath posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Wife took me out to the cinema to stop me walking around the house fretting so I’ve been offline for the past three hours.

Just turned my phone back on and it nearly crashed from all the notifications of people viewing my website and placing orders. Rest assured my bills will be paid, the kitties will continue to be fed the enormous amount the little gannets demand and the fudge will continue to flow that bit longer.

I really am quite overwhelmed, to the point of tears.

Do have a think about 'corporate labelling'. Our charity has an important anniversary next year so I could suggest we get some branded fudge in as a fund riser (obviously no guarantees but if it's a possibility, I could raise it with the powers that be.) Some of your varieties are longlife aren't they?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Camrath posted:

and my belly will loving hate me after i've scoffed a big load of delicious fudge 😋

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Fudge Must Flow.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Do have a think about 'corporate labelling'. Our charity has an important anniversary next year so I could suggest we get some branded fudge in as a fund riser (obviously no guarantees but if it's a possibility, I could raise it with the powers that be.) Some of your varieties are longlife aren't they?

Sadly the comparatively short shelf-life is the big thing holding me back from doing large-scale retail: even refrigerated you’re looking at two to three months tops before you start risking spoilage. I just refuse to use preservatives, and given the softness/moistness of my fudge it means it doesn’t last as long as waxy mass produced stuff.

I could certainly look into making tablet though, for longer endurance stuff!

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
UK goons: is what's happening with the SNP normal for police investigations? What's the point of "arresting" someone just to interview them and let them go? It feels like an intimidation tactic, but one that would only work on people who don't actually have financial and legal resources.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Randallteal posted:

UK goons: is what's happening with the SNP normal for police investigations? What's the point of "arresting" someone just to interview them and let them go? It feels like an intimidation tactic, but one that would only work on people who don't actually have financial and legal resources.

Lets your pet newspapers put STURGEON ARRESTED in their headlines

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Randallteal posted:

It's actually pretty common. Usually, you arrest someone and unless they specifically confess there and then you release them. But you can use what they say in the interview to form part of the case. Unless they went "No Comment" throughout the entire interview.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Although if you're a member of a group that is seen as in opposition to the integrity of the British state it's probably a good idea to have a lawyer present from the first hour.

And depending on how in opposition your group happens to be you may also want a lawyer without a spouse or children just in case the British state decides they don't like the case at all.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Never having been arrested but being an avid consumer of cop & detective shows, if I ever got arrested, I would ask for a lawyer immediately, even if it is the Duty Junior Solicitor. Just to have a witness present, even if you have done nothing wrong. Because anyone who believes the "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear" belief of so many people is just bollox.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Randallteal posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-65323861

It wasn't an 'arrest' as in cuff them and drag them in.
It was a 'we want to ask you some questions' and Nicola Sturgeon turned up at the agreed time.
From then on they have 12 hours to question her, and if they wanted more would THEN arrest her.
The link above explains it.

As for the UK police in general, if its a high profile case like a murder or rape, you will find they are arrest happy the first few days as it makes them look like they are doing something.
And they are released when the media storm has died down and moved on a few days later.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Fudge goon spend money on a 6x4 label printer and sticky labels and the post office will collect your parcels from you

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Julio Cruz posted:

Literally one instance, and literal nazis. This has happened many, many dozens of times. Have fun with your delusions of how the US and UK are still cool though!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Total Meatlove posted:

Fudge goon spend money on a 6x4 label printer and sticky labels and the post office will collect your parcels from you

I use business drop-and-go so I just print off the labels, pay money into the account and hand over a bag of parcels.

However my village post office is very small indeed, so they might get a bit snowed under!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

cat botherer posted:

Literally one instance, and literal nazis. This has happened many, many dozens of times. Have fun with your delusions of how the US and UK are still cool though!

Eh, come on, there might be issues but it's a far cry from Russia, a country with less chance for people to change things now than during the Soviet Union. Which was not very democratic at all.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All bad things are equally bad unless I haven't heard of them. I am the enlightened