Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Dunlop and Hickman doing 130mph laps on supersports. 120mph laps broken on the sidecars. Wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Just fantastic racing this week, got caught up last night. Everyone is on it, especially Dunlop, so many great moments of him taking it to the limits of road surface.

gregbest90 posted:

Nice one tonight from Hicky on the stocker; you could tell as soon as they were in winners enclosure that that he's asking his engineer how they can get THAT feeling translated over to the superbike ASAP (Dunlop seemed to be having a feverish conversation as well). Kinda reminds of that year where Hicky literally pieced together half of his superstock with half of his superbike and produced utter madness...
I didn't realize until the other day Hickman had issues with quickshifter and brakes on the superbike on Sunday (apparently he was having to pump the front brake lever like 5 times to get the pads engaged :stare: ), so if that gets sorted out the Senior race is going to be even more bananas. Hope the weather holds up!

I'm fuzzy on the rules for superstock vs superbike, are there no engine modifications allowed at all for stock?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Afaik super stock is basically a power commander and a pipe, nothing downstream of the airbox or upstream of the header can be touched

I think the suspension also has to be within the confines of the original dimensions, so basically fork inserts vs a totally bespoke front end, that kind of thing

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

They have some very high level explanations of the classes here. It is mostly aligned with the FIM guidelines as far as I can tell. I also thought that superstock bikes could change out the shock entirely, as well as the brake pads and rotors, as long as the rotors are the same diameter and thickness; can't change the calipers or master cylinder. What's not clear to me is the difference between the Senior TT and the superbike races. I think basically any bike can race in the senior, but it's mostly the superbikes?

I'm still getting caught up. Hard to find the time to watch a 90 minute race every day :o:

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Toe Rag posted:

They have some very high level explanations of the classes here. It is mostly aligned with the FIM guidelines as far as I can tell. I also thought that superstock bikes could change out the shock entirely, as well as the brake pads and rotors, as long as the rotors are the same diameter and thickness; can't change the calipers or master cylinder. What's not clear to me is the difference between the Senior TT and the superbike races. I think basically any bike can race in the senior, but it's mostly the superbikes?

I'm still getting caught up. Hard to find the time to watch a 90 minute race every day :o:

Senior TT is another superbike race, but held last and the one everyone wants... Same rules as the Superbike race apply (you're free to bring your stocker, in fact some outfits with less dosh will only have what's considered Superstock).

You're in for a treat today bud!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Isn't senior restricted only to riders with a certain experience level?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

One of the many things I'm still unclear on, and speaks a bit to the unconventional nature of the TT, I haven't had luck getting definitive answers on a lot of details on rules and qualifying to race. With the MotoGP (I'm assuming) you can just look up a giant rulebook with all that stuff. I think finishing in the NW200 plays a part because most seem to compete there right before?

If you haven't seen it, they sent out a coupon code SENIOR23 for 23% off the TT plus with all the races so far on demand, that's puts it at like $24 US.

Superstock race today was another crazy battle for 1st place holy poo poo 136 mph average lap speed record from Hickman :eyepop: The onboard footage that comes out of these races is going to be amazing.

Dunlop taking a line on some part of the mountain (way too many corners for my brain to keep track of) where has has to pick up his knee to keep from knocking it off on the curb

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

There’s motogp this weekend.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
The Superstock race was insane. Dunlop breaking the stocker lap record only to be Hickman'd by breaking the over all in any bike class lap record and winning the race. It's going to be pretty funny if Hickman just says bollocks to it, takes the Superstock to the Senior and wins.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Dunlop taking a line on some part of the mountain (way too many corners for my brain to keep track of) where has has to pick up his knee to keep from knocking it off on the curb

Corner names elude me but that's the left hand drop down over the tram tracks right at the top of the mountain. It's great to see the different lines - Dunlop takes it super close and lifts his knee up, Hickman takes it a bit wider enough to go knee down.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

One of the many things I'm still unclear on, and speaks a bit to the unconventional nature of the TT, I haven't had luck getting definitive answers on a lot of details on rules and qualifying to race. With the MotoGP (I'm assuming) you can just look up a giant rulebook with all that stuff. I think finishing in the NW200 plays a part because most seem to compete there right before?

I don't believe the NW is related in terms of qualifying, but it's the last of the road race calendar before the TT so a lot of the riders will be there as practice - obviously to compete and win, but not do a Lee Johnson and injure themselves :( There's a bunch of smaller road races before that but they overlap with the British Superbike short circuit calendar that a load of the riders compete in; so it tends to be Cookstown and NW200 as the pre-TT warmup.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

There’s motogp this weekend.

it's Mugello, which should be brilliant, but the 24 and the sense that we might be down a number of riders again (Mir already pulled out, Aleix should, Oliveira might) just makes it feel grim.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Bastianinis back though!! <=I

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pecco, bloody hell he just broke the track record in Q2 by 0.3 second

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Aw the rain didn't get worse.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Can't wait to see how Pecco blows it in the main race tomorrow.

Increasingly getting the gut feeling is that Marc goes to Ducati at the end of his contract, apparently he was back on the original honda frame for qualifying lmao

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
You just know that in quali Marc was seeing Pecco get all riled up and just injecting it into his veins

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's such an easy thing to avoid, just burn your qualifying session and gently caress up a lap in such a way that he gets hosed up as well. It sucks and ruins your race but do that once and he won't bother following you again. instead they all go into hysterics when they see him behind every time.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

These stewards need to fucken go. How does Miller get to run Marc and himself nearly off the track and it's no problem? Almost like the stewards just...like jack miller

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

just a perfect shot

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

These stewards need to fucken go. How does Miller get to run Marc and himself nearly off the track and it's no problem? Almost like the stewards just...like jack miller

Yeah lol it would be one thing if he made the pass but instead they both just lost 4 positions.

I took this exact screenshot as well :rip: Honda

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

So Honda hired all those suzuki folks, can they just buy the last years suzuki bike and paint it repsol?

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 11, 2023

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm guessing thats what a lot of the Suzuki staff wish they could do. I think this is gonna get way worse for Honda before it gets better, Alberto does not strike me as the kind of guy who is good at steering the ship during times of crisis

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ROFLBOT posted:

You just know that in quali Marc was seeing Pecco get all riled up and just injecting it into his veins
He's finally going villain just as Slavvy asked lol.

Good to see Zarco back on the podium as well.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Quite remarkable to see him act so unprofessional, by his standards, I don't think he's ever done anything like this before.

Anyway,

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Erzbergrodeo was also on this weekend and arguably more exciting than the MotoGP (not than the Moto3 though). I wish more of the hard enduro and trials series were easier to watch. Erzberg is free to watch on Redbull TV at least.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Great weekend....as always the moto 3 race was incredible. F Bag has this in the bag now I think. Marquez brothers peas in a pod lol but Alex arguably has a better bike

But why did they give the top 5 warnings with just a handful of laps to go? I get they were fighting hard but I didn't catch anything that seemed particularly out of bounds

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's cause the stewards are raging incompetents headed by a chronic alcoholic

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Redvenom posted:

Erzbergrodeo was also on this weekend

ohhhhh hell yeah there goes 4 hours of today

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

Alex arguably has a better bike

Arguably lol

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Marc Marquez: All In has just been released on Redbull TV: https://www.redbull.com/us-en/shows/marc-marquez-all-in

5 part docco about his big crash and return to racing.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Cracks are starting to show.....

Frankie in particular, giving no fucks to the journo!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ROFLBOT posted:

Cracks are starting to show.....

Frankie in particular, giving no fucks to the journo!

Yeah that was pretty eye opening, another by the books PR pro going hog wild

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Surprised its taken this long in the Honda and Yamaha camps

Wonder who will be the first to do a BINalesesque dummy-spit

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Quartararo

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Quartararo

Fabio looks too sad to lash out.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He fired his manager and is now managing himself

He also went off the rails big time in moto 3 but got himself back together eventually

I think he's got it in him

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Marc might be happy after next weekend since it’s at Sachsenring, but through to the end of the season I think he’s gonna get more and more frustrated. The Honda isn’t working for the alien nor the mere mortals.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

X-post

Finger Prince posted:

Last minute - anyone want to go to Spa-Francorchamps for the 24h of motos this weekend?
I got really really sick and don't fancy pulling over to vom every 20 minutes. Really sucks but going to cut our losses. Tickets are for the race weekend and include camping for 2 bikes. Paid €99 each, I'll sell them both for €99.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Have had this in my Youtube saves a while, here's a playlist with 136 500cc (pre-MotoGP) full races:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUCCtz7j9bBOUznptmBf_wfou_IAisRGv

Gonna try to download and organize them and get them on Archive because I can see that already 10 of the files on the playlist are no longer available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

harperdc posted:

Marc might be happy after next weekend since it’s at Sachsenring, but through to the end of the season I think he’s gonna get more and more frustrated. The Honda isn’t working for the alien nor the mere mortals.

Because it's been developed for years and years for marc marquez and he's not marc marquez anymore.