Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Doug Sisk posted:

I've spent 140 warps to get each special once, that seems above average but not incredible?
I do only use Seele out of those so I do need to put in some effort at this game I suppose...

Overall, it's about a 0.066% chance of both pulling that early twice and getting the 50-50 each time. So... kind of incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Doug Sisk posted:

I've spent 140 warps to get each special once, that seems above average but not incredible?
I do only use Seele out of those so I do need to put in some effort at this game I suppose...

It tells you exactly how lucky you are on another section of the site(my guestimation is you are pfl).

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

UHD posted:

qingque is good. smacking dudes with big crit mahjong tiles is hella satisfying.

Yeah I didn't pull Seele so she's been my main partner-in-crime with my SW, absolute menace when built up correctly. And she's only going to get even better once I get her Eidolons. Apparently E6 Qingque is competitive on single-target damage with E0 Seele.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

GoodluckJonathan posted:

It tells you exactly how lucky you are on another section of the site(my guestimation is you are pfl).

Good point, it sounds like I was really lucky, and its entirely possible this site is skewed by only lucky people uploading.

EDIT: Its probably also purely on number of 5-stars, ignoring there were no non-limiteds in there. Overall, lucky but impossible to tell by how much!

Doug Sisk fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 13, 2023

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Nah, even unlucky people upload because they need to keep track of how close they are to soft pity.

Typically only lucky people show off screenshots, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Baiard posted:

Typically only lucky people show off screenshots, though.

Yeah, like, I could post this

but who would care? :v:

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Too lazy to screenshot but I'm bottom 31.3 on 5* and bottom 36.5 on 4*

It happens.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah those are hella lucky pulls. The soft pity doesn't start until 75, I think. So you rawdogged those early pulls

The real flex is getting all your lucky pulls right before soft pity kicks in:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
So I assume that warp tracker site is legit? I don't know anything about computers so I am hesitant to run some random windows commands, but I am curious how I am doing luck wise.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Making up for it with my 4* rate I guess :angel:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Something I just found out the hard way. You can lock yourself out of collecting every reward from the museum event. I've got 2 events that I'm unable to complete and now I'm missing 120,000 credits, 8 upgrade mats and 100 jade. poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

So I assume that warp tracker site is legit? I don't know anything about computers so I am hesitant to run some random windows commands, but I am curious how I am doing luck wise.
you can check the script yourself but all its doing is reading the html the game spits out as your roll history

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Pain of Mind posted:

In the grand scheme of things it's "safe" because you're one of thousands of people they'd have to decide to gently caress with. Any IT nerd is gonna tell you running code you don't know how to read in an elevated prompt is a bad idea, but as far as the game is concerned they can't access your ingame data. However theoretically they could use your Hoyolab token to edit your account data or post something on there that'd get you banned (from Hoyolab), if you care about that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Walla posted:

Something I just found out the hard way. You can lock yourself out of collecting every reward from the museum event. I've got 2 events that I'm unable to complete and now I'm missing 120,000 credits, 8 upgrade mats and 100 jade. poo poo.

wait really???

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

Check your quest tab. I did the same and the quests were just waiting for me there.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I had four quests for the remaining knick-knacks to pick up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm glad I got Sampo out of the monthly store just because of his texts.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

It is kind of dumb, since it has me as unlucky since I only have 1 5* in 89 rolls, but I am also only 10 away from soft pity so once I get a 2nd 5* it will likely go back to lucky again. I wish you could get combined stats between all of the banners, to get overall luck.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 14, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DancingShade posted:

Check your quest tab. I did the same and the quests were just waiting for me there.

Under limited time rewards for the quest. I accidentally maxed out my management score before unlocking the last operational objective and upgrading one of the halls. Now I'm kicked out of the management minigame and can't complete it.

It might be a little large. I'm on mobile and can't really edit it very well.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 14, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

Under limited time rewards for the quest. I accidentally maxed out my management score before unlocking the last operational objective and upgrading one of the halls. Now I'm kicked out of the management minigame and can't complete it.

It might be a little large. I'm on mobile and can't really edit it very well.

No no I mean your regular quest log. Press J on PC.

Not the management interface.

That's where the leftover museum stuff was lurking.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

why does it always drop a 5* of that loving lovely tank set lmao how do I have no 5 star quantum pieces after 10 fights just recently??? FUCL

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Walla posted:

I do enjoy making teams. That's half the fun. And I just hit eq 3 so my level cap is 60. 15 of my characters have all been ascended, and the 8 I mentioned are between level 53 (Silver Wolf) and 60 (Sushang). The 2 teams also all have level 40+ light cones and level 9+ relics with reasonable base and sub stats. I'm also finished with all of the story content except for a couple of missions, and I'm only at Trailblazer level 43. I literally have nothing else to do between now and the next story patch except grind SU and FH/MoC, and use my stamina for trace materials and relic farming.

I started playing near the beginning of Jing Yuan's banner. I spent all but maybe 3 of my fuel on stamina refreshes, and I spend all of my jade on banner pulls. I've spent no money on this game. I refuse to.

Not to rain on your parade, but just so you're know what you're up against. It takes 1.7 million exp to go from 1-60, but 1.3 million exp to go from 60-70 alone (wiki). Meanwhile, you only get about 20% more exp for the TL50 calyx. It slows down massively. You'll probably need to make some decisions soon.

At this point, farming for 5* artifacts is absolutely worth it.

Let's compare:
60/70 Dan Heng, 60/70 Cruising in the Stellar Sea (SU Hunt lightcone), 5* +9 ATK% main stat artifact
(442.68 + 418.8) * (.069120 + 9 * .024192) = 247.11381504 (atk gained from artifact)
vs.
70/70 Dan Heng, 60/70 Cruising in the Stellar Sea (SU Hunt lightcone), 4* +9 ATK% main stat artifact
(479.88 + 418.8) * (.055296 + 9 * .019354) = 206.23088376 (atk gained from artifact)

Edit: with the caveat that there's a defense multiplier penalty if the enemy's level is higher than yours (and a defense bonus from the enemy onto *you*). But that's more math + assumptions than I'm willing to do right now.

(Dan Heng, LC values are all from Honey Hunter. Artifact % stats are from the relic stats wiki page.)

A single 5* +9 ATK% main stat (which is not at all difficult to obtain) makes up for the difference in base attack. Further leveling artifacts makes the difference even wider. And I'd argue it takes significantly less stamina to farm a 5* ATK% piece in the correct set (which can possibly swapped to other characters in the future), than it takes to farm 1.3 million exp from calyxes for a single character.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 14, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

why does it always drop a 5* of that loving lovely tank set lmao how do I have no 5 star quantum pieces after 10 fights just recently??? FUCL

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DancingShade posted:

No no I mean your regular quest log. Press J on PC.

Not the management interface.

That's where the leftover museum stuff was lurking.

I understand that. All of those quests are done. These rewards are specifically tied to the museum management minigame, which I'm no longer capable of doing.

facepalmolive posted:

A single 5* +9 ATK% main stat (which is not at all difficult to obtain) makes up for the difference in base attack. Further leveling artifacts makes the difference even wider. And I'd argue it takes significantly less stamina to farm a 5* ATK% piece in the correct set (which can possibly swapped to other characters in the future), than it takes to farm 1.3 million exp from calyxes for a single character.

I know I'll have to make decisions soon. Maybe. But I actually enjoy the story and grinding SU runs and I'm actually not in a hurry to hit the level cap and have the best relics.

The actual fun for me is spinning the gacha wheel and making do with what I have. And making different teams to meet whatever challenge I'm facing.

Right now I just got everyone ascended. Next I need to get Welt's and Serval's light cones ascended and then I want to start on some important traces. Then I'll worry about relics.

It may not be the most optimal or ideal, but I'm enjoying myself. :)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

My sushang is almost complete

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

My sushang is almost complete

I just pulled e4. Sushang rocks.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Walla posted:

I understand that. All of those quests are done. These rewards are specifically tied to the museum management minigame, which I'm no longer capable of doing.

I know I'll have to make decisions soon. Maybe. But I actually enjoy the story and grinding SU runs, and I'm actually not in a hurry to hit the level cap and have the best relics.

The actual fun for me is spinning the gacha wheel and making do with what I have. And making different teams to meet whatever challenge I'm facing.

Right now I just got everyone ascended. Next I need to get Welt's and Serval's light cones ascended and then I want to start on some important traces. Then I'll worry about relics.

It may not be the most optimal or ideal, but I'm enjoying myself. :)

I will preface this by saying: play the game how you like. This is just us telling you what's waiting down the road for you with this playstyle.

If you don't focus on a small roster of "mains", you'll get to a point where your resources are spread super thin, and you spin your wheels for weeks without anyone getting stronger. You'll have months of having twenty different projects that never see completion, and with almost imperceptible incremental improvements. If this is ok, more power to you, but you post a lot in this thread and seem to care about game mechanics, so that's why people are letting you know.

Right now, content is so easy outside of MoC that it doesn't matter. This might change, and it could be a bummer to find that having 15 characters at 40% strength is suddenly not fun.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Part of the appeal of getting a strong basic roster of stable characters I can use as keystone/bedrocks for my teams is that I can then gently caress around and take on stupid projects just for fun with no real consequence. That's how I tend to view that sort of investment.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
So I'm currently using

FireMC/Natasha/Bronya/Seele
Silver Wolf/Jing Yuan/Bailu/Tingyun

This gets me past the first 5 chaos stages, but past that Tingyun doesn't hold up well.

I'm really starting to think I should replace them with March 7th (E6 with S5 Day One of My New Life), but not sure if that'll work either, especially since SW's weakness plant is now split 3 ways instead of 2.

Also still no Gepard yet. Any suggestions?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think with Bailu and Silver wolf closed to traced up I'm good to get over my fear of MOC as I have 2 good teams between SW/Tingyang/Seele/Fire blazer/Bailu/Natasha/Jin Yang/?

Not sure if should use Yanqing or Sushang for the final spot

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

big cummers ONLY posted:

I will preface this by saying: play the game how you like. This is just us telling you what's waiting down the road for you with this playstyle.

If you don't focus on a small roster of "mains", you'll get to a point where your resources are spread super thin, and you spin your wheels for weeks without anyone getting stronger. You'll have months of having twenty different projects that never see completion, and with almost imperceptible incremental improvements. If this is ok, more power to you, but you post a lot in this thread and seem to care about game mechanics, so that's why people are letting you know.

Right now, content is so easy outside of MoC that it doesn't matter. This might change, and it could be a bummer to find that having 15 characters at 40% strength is suddenly not fun.

Oh I appreciate it. Please don't take anything I've posted in any way as antagonistic.

Part of it is my adhd. I can never truly make up my mind about anything. And part of it is I keep pulling new characters and I want to play with my toys. And that it's difficult for me to decide on who I want to invest in without playing with them first.

As for picking mains, I have definitely settled on a team of Welt, Sushang and Natasha. The question is mostly who do I settle on for the fourth?

My second team is Serval and Tingyun and March. I'm stuck on a fourth here as well. Herta? Quinque? Jing Yuan? Sampo? Silver Wolf? I like using Serval as a second dps because she's relatively skill neutral when you have a ton of her eidolons, but maybe I should make her my main instead.

This is why I keep trying different team compositions because it helps me find the ones that are fun. But what's fun might change tomorrow.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I feel you, and you're not being antagonistic or combative at all

1 dps, 1 offensive support, and one defensive support has worked pretty well for me so far. Fourth slot is a wild card but almost always a support because 2x DPS always leads me go skill point issues.

Team 1 I'd probably slot SW, team 2 fire MC. But fortunately, it seems like there is a lot of wiggle room. There just isn't much content where your team comp needs to be optimized. Personally, i like focusing on a main team of 4 just for peace of mind in case something really tough comes out.

I read somewhere that you can get away with level 5 traces on a lot of people, and that's helped save me time spent grinding. I'm sure I'll want them higher eventually but traces are such a huuuuge grind

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

This is all good information, but don't forget that there's a defense offset for level difference where lower level characters deal less to and take more from higher level enemies on top of what the raw attack stat says.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
play with the pokemon you like

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

play with the pokemon you like
But I like Pokemon because they're powerful!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

Hmm. When I finished the museum management game and was then locked out of the management interface I found the quests I hadn't received yet just waiting for me in the quest tab and was thus able to 100% after doing the last 2. No notice or anything, just found them sitting there.

Was on PC. Asia server. Maybe we have a version difference.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

DancingShade posted:

Hmm. When I finished the museum management game and was then locked out of the management interface I found the quests I hadn't received yet just waiting for me in the quest tab and was thus able to 100% after doing the last 2. No notice or anything, just found them sitting there.

Was on PC. Asia server. Maybe we have a version difference.

My dude he is not talking about the "quests" that involve you running around in the world to retrieve something for a display case, he is talking about the time-limited rewards that you get for upgrading one wing of the museum to a particular level

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I believe it's been acknowledged as a bug and will be fixed soon.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jabor posted:

My dude he is not talking about the "quests" that involve you running around in the world to retrieve something for a display case, he is talking about the time-limited rewards that you get for upgrading one wing of the museum to a particular level

Okay I'm just misunderstanding completely. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The weird thing about the museum minigame is that the only time limit is imposed by you raising your score to fill up the meter faster, while most of the objectives are simply to raise the levels of the various wings. Which combine to mean that the better you do about assigning employees and getting high ranks, the less time you have to meet your objectives. The optimal strategy for getting everything done is to leave all your ranks as low as possible while you raise only the levels. Although this might be frustratingly slow in terms of income.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 14, 2023