Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

FlapYoJacks posted:

All billionaires should retire, into a cannon, pointed at the sun.

One billionaire just retired to the titanic apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm in favor of sending the rich down to the bottom of the sea.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

it’s nearly (more?) as dangerous as space.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
much easier to do too

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

sullat posted:

One billionaire just retired to the titanic apparently

A better alternative.

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Bar Ran Dun posted:

really wish that was their fulfillment fantasy then instead of space so they’d go plop and never be heard from again

someone steamgift Elon a copy of bio shock so he tries doing that but better with all his buddies

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bar Ran Dun posted:

space will not kill you as quickly as a water leak at depth unless your rocket explodes so i gotta give this one to the sea

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
you can, in fact, hand it to the ocean

next question: were the orcas involved

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its time for the ocean to take over the surface lands

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
EDIT: waited too long to make the joke

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

new landlord story dropped:

quote:

A vegan New York City landlord has listed a spacious apartment with beautiful views but will only rent to prospective tenants who agree not to cook any meat or fish in the kitchen.

The unusual meat ban was laid bare in an online listing for the two pricey one-bedroom apartments currently up for grabs in Brooklyn’s Fort Greene neighborhood, the New York Times reported.

Landlord Michal Arieh Lerer was described in the listing as a “wonderful vegan landlord.”

Lerer lives in the meatless walkup and simply doesn’t want the stench of non-plant-based juices, according to the broker.

“It’s not vegetarian-only, but the owner lives in the building and doesn’t want the smell of cooking meat drifting upstairs,” Andrea Kelly, the broker Douglas Elliman, could be heard telling a prospective tenant at an open house showing on Sunday.

Those looking to rent the 90 South Oxford Street apartments — currently listed for $4,500 and $5,750 — can still order meat-and-fish-based dishes, the broker insisted, but the meals can not be cooked on site.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

everything is literally biden's fault

also obummer

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

currently listed for $4,500 and $5,750

LOL

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
if someone is paying like $5000-6000 for an an apartment, they're definitely ordering doordash for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack 7-days-a-week anyways

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Nonsense posted:

also obummer

Actually it's Reagan and Thatcher who hosed the world, and the Boomers and Greatest Gen shitheads alive at the time doomed us all.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
on the other hand you get people like my previous apartment neighbor that made fried chicken for breakfast lunch and dinner and the smell of old cooking oil was loving everywhere. it was absolutely disgusting.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

The best part about dying to skip out on debt is the debt collectors pleading with your family to pay it off

"You know we don't have to pay this right?"

"Y-yeah, but you could!"

My grandmother has been dead for almost five years and every now and then another creditor we didn't know about will pop up and beg us for money. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of credit card debt died with that woman and it feels like an incredible victory. My mom even managed to get her house legally and safely in the clear once it was obvious how much debt my grandfather left her.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I hear the DNC fight song music every time I see this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

spacetoaster posted:

I hear the DNC fight song music every time I see this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YttscNOoAjA

Who was that one goon who did the orchestral version of fight song against that titanic clip? that was just pure art.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I bet if you asked the operator when that sub was last overhauled or its MTBF they'd look at you blankly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did you rent a KFC?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DancingShade posted:

I bet if you asked the operator when that sub was last overhauled or its MTBF they'd look at you blankly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29co_Hksk6o

and the transcript of the fun parts
https://twitter.com/conzmoleman/status/1670844391185956886?s=20

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

provides some carbon sequestration too!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if David Cameron’s sub disappeared looking for the titantic we never would have got Avatar and avatar 2 .

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

Who was that one goon who did the orchestral version of fight song against that titanic clip? that was just pure art.

I did it, but I got the idea from a dude on twitter who actually shopped some DNC/Media emblems/names onto characters in the scene.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

one of the people in the sub is a billionaire

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
there's gotta be a cheaper way to dispose of our trash than sending it down to the titanic

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

yeah it’s under 100 GT and the minimum number passengers it’s un-inspected.

I would never ever consider getting in a commercial one unless that changed. a research or government one maybe.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's certainly the submarine of our time

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/DerekMyers/status/1670833175352819723

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

spacetoaster posted:

I did it, but I got the idea from a dude on twitter who actually shopped some DNC/Media emblems/names onto characters in the scene.

It was very good and I salute you. You took their idea and made it more subtle and funnier.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

If I had a billion dollars I would simply pay for a deep sea submersible not constructed out of twine and libertarianism

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wasn’t there a video game about undersea libertarians

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I am definitely tuned for further updates.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

https://twitter.com/Yoppchop/status/1670871111163060225

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is just a prelude to starbase or whatever elon called his space program

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

sociopaths

loving SOCIOPATHS

the culture we have now is so far removed from wanting Profit

like willing to do literally ANYTHING (i cannot stress this enough: ANYTHING) for profit

This is their moral compass now. If it makes more money, it must be better, or it wouldn't make money! Doi! First they were told it was Godly, then it was Survival of the Fittest...before that it was Hereditary. Now it's just devoid of sympathy, empathy, or anything kind unless it is more profitable. Regulation is supposed to make kindness profitable, tipping the scales of the market toward more equitable outcomes, but...yeah, about that regulatory capture thing we discussed...GODDAMMIT.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

we should offer this sub thing for every rich person!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

lmao