Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

"SCAMS APPEAR TO HAVE STAYING POWER"

dumbest economy in history folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

its becuz blackrock filed to make a crypto ETF

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/blackrock-close-filing-bitcoin-etf-coindesk-2023-06-15/

its funny because crypto guys were always mad at standard financial institutions and the blackrock CEO talked poo poo for years about crypto :allears:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

we deserve everything that is going to happen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just can’t get over a billionaire getting into a piece of poo poo like that.

If you’re a billionaire and dead set on doing this, you look at what James Cameron took down there. Does this look like that? Then pass.

That sub looks worse than the little robot that carried Ed Harris down into the trench in abyss.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

do the dead have the most powerful fanbase of any musical artist? it seems like 1/2 of all CEOs are fans + JPOW + many many others

https://twitter.com/caseywagnerr/status/1671541588848414720

It's not surprising. The hippies morphed into capitalist ghouls. Didn't Carlin have a bit on this?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

If you’re a billionaire and dead set on doing this, you look at what James Cameron took down there. Does this look like that? Then pass.

That sub looks worse than the little robot that carried Ed Harris down into the trench in abyss.

There's this like absolutely overriding confidence they seem to have that can only be a result of being surrounded by yes-men and unimaginable riches their entire lives and it makes them easy marks for many types of scams

"Oh you think this sub looks like a garbage can? Well shows how much you know, heh"

The common rabble will just never understand, and that is why they're all so very, very poor and I am so very, very rich!

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

do the dead have the most powerful fanbase of any musical artist? it seems like 1/2 of all CEOs are fans + JPOW + many many others

certainly the lamest

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gorson posted:

It's not surprising. The hippies morphed into capitalist ghouls. Didn't Carlin have a bit on this?

The hippies became Yippies, and then the yippies became yuppies. Finally, the yuppies split into NIMBYs and YIMBYs,

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
god help us if we ever get a Dave Matthews Band loving fed chair

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Paul Ryan loves rage against the machine

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Reddit Asks the Question: 'People Who Work For the Super Wealthy, What Ridiculous Stuff Have You Seen?'

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

The funniest post apocalyptic scenario is scavengers finding these underground fortresses and simply plugging up the air vents.

I always said I want to start a religion that would survive the coming apocalypse whereby the greatest requirements are to locate underground bunkers, kill anything that comes out, and poo poo in the vent stacks.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

oh drat, if my resume could talk....

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05k6g8Ak2jE

"Years ago I used to work carpentry mainly doing sunrooms. One of our clients was a brain surgeon who was married to a lawyer and they subsequently had a massive house on a large property. Their son was also some type of neuroscientist and with his parents' permission, had yet another massive house built on this same property. Problem is, city ordinances prohibit 2 separate livable dwellings on the same property.

Mind you these houses were about a quarter mile away from each other. So to comply with the ordinances, THEY BUILD A loving WALL BETWEEN THE HOUSES. And this isn't just some dinky picket fence type of wall, it's a massive medieval style wall that has round towers with merlons and crenels, a gym midway through, AND a massive $750k+ all-glass sunroom all the while being wide enough to have room for a walking path and a road for golf carts.... inside the wall.

The city ordinance said only one livable dwelling can be on their property, so they just made a massive hallway between their houses.....

Edit: I was able to find the video I took from years ago on my computer when we were on the jobsite scouting it out. My memory wasn't exactly correct but this gives you a good look at what it looked like. The steel structure you see near the end is where the sunroom was going to go. All we were providing was the glass."

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

wemgo posted:

gonna make the economy crash...into me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe it’s time to tax the rich

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

wemgo posted:

doing rate hikes with different dave songs, like an infinitely more insufferable kai ryssdal

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lol at how the reddit api changes broke this article

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Based 14 year old

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

euphronius posted:

maybe it’s time to tax the rich

but look in that reddit thread at how many jobs they created

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

https://twitter.com/caseywagnerr/status/1671541588848414720

Jerome Powell seems like a guy who has done some acid in his time

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

FizFashizzle posted:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
the grateful fed

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
if there’s one lesson that the universe keeps emphasizing over and over lately its that being rich has absolutely no correlation to any other positive human characteristic

dudes prolly thought they the trip was just too expensive to fail.

i mean, its literally titanic in its hubris

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DrPossum posted:

the grateful fed

yeah i'm a bit of a fed-head

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
the rate-full fed

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

wemgo posted:

[Doomsday Economics] the rate-full fed

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Gorson posted:

we deserve everything that is going to happen

truly don't know why I keep shoveling money into my 401k given that in 40 years there won't be a global economy (hopefully I'm dead beforehand tho, inshallah)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Brimruk posted:

truly don't know why I keep shoveling money into my 401k given that in 40 years there won't be a global economy (hopefully I'm dead beforehand tho, inshallah)

"Just In Case"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

OK some rich people are alright

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

PostNouveau posted:

OK some rich people are alright

dudes rock

Glistening Jones
Jun 19, 2023

by vyelkin

Brimruk posted:

They make good emergency funds when you're unemployed

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Glistening Jones posted:

They make good emergency funds when you're unemployed

Here's hoping I can time the exit out of the market before everything craters! I assume, much like their approach to everything else, boomers are going to 'gently caress you got mine' the economy pretty soon even moreso

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yeah i'm a bit of a fed-head

that 10/6/79 fed hike............. insane

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

that 10/6/79 fed hike............. insane

lmao

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Someone should build DSVs for these people.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Brimruk posted:

people keep saying this as if number won't be around long after humanity has passed on

the dollar wont be worth anything but you will have insane returns on it!

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

Medium Chungus has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Jun 21, 2023

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's always "he's 19 years old" and not "he's still the son of a billionaire who would never want for anything in his life"

they keep hammering the age part because looking at these people through the lens of class means none of them are sympathetic!

Do I want to look up what Ben Dreyfuss tweeted about Trayvon Martin when that went down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Do I want to look up what Ben Dreyfuss tweeted about Trayvon Martin when that went down?

I'm sure it was a really nuanced take lmao