Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ah yes, Elon Musk, famous for NOT doing things that are bad ideas for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

The death of Warner Brothers kinda sucks

not really imo. WB has been just awful harry potter magical beasts and generic snyder slop for over a decade.

plus they're the worst game publisher with GaaS microtransactions battlepacks in single player games.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Goons built a better submarine.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

why are these two even fighting, how did we get here?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
not to say there still isn't occasional decent movie like Dune or even M4trix, but they've been on a trajectory toward digital entertainment equivalent of soylent slurry with even more design-by-algo to finish it off

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Lpzie posted:

why are these two even fighting, how did we get here?

falling rate of profit at the end of the end of history makes for some strange ideological developments

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
zuck is such a massive dork and it's extremely funny that he's going to kick the poo poo out of elon musk

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I hope they both die

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

its highly ominous that literally every futurama joke from weaponized family trucks to boob window dresses to bringing a space hull to the bottom of the ocean has come true

I was wondering if we ever got the Ford ThunderCougerFalconBird, but then remembered we essentially got the Beta Romeo when Alpha Romeo re-entered the US market after being gone for something like 20 years.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Honestly my money on Elong. I watched that "fight" Mark put out there and it's wildly passive grappling. I trust Elon to get in contact with some wild primal side and whip Mark more than I think Mark suddenly becoming this dynamic fighter because he took some classes.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Centrist Committee posted:

falling rate of profit at the end of the end of history makes for some strange ideological developments
Commodus used to “fight” in the arena during his reign as emperor. Same poo poo, different century.

holefoods posted:

I hope they both die
:hmmyes:

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's neat to think about the physics of an implosion at those depths.

The hull acts like a piston on a diesel motor, compressing the air bubble at supersonic speeds, crushing everything in its path, and superheating the air due to the speed mentioned earlier and friction. Anything organic is instantly vaporized in less than 1ms to ash.

new guillotine just dropped

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
fight to the death, winner gets a free submarine ride

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Throb Robinson posted:

Honestly my money on Elong. I watched that "fight" Mark put out there and it's wildly passive grappling. I trust Elon to get in contact with some wild primal side and whip Mark more than I think Mark suddenly becoming this dynamic fighter because he took some classes.

Musk is South African. He'll be nice and polite until he suddenly isn't, Zuck panics and forgets his classes.

A brutal non technical beatdown ensues.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Musk is South African. He'll be nice and polite until he suddenly isn't, Zuck panics and forgets his classes.

A brutal non technical beatdown ensues.

Musk is a cuck

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Abner Assington posted:

Commodus used to “fight” in the arena during his reign as emperor. Same poo poo, different century.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/DeekeTweak/status/1671905001680060418

It's a lotta loving posts, but worthwhile reading.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

its highly ominous that literally every futurama joke from weaponized family trucks to boob window dresses to bringing a space hull to the bottom of the ocean has come true

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/anzu_is_online/status/1671921926426574859?t=ug4BcDESEUm6Oqol9tvhBw&s=19

Slava Metaversi

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

edit: nvm misread

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

did anyone make a submarine joke along the lines of 'disruption' and 'move fast, break things'

I want to but I didn't think of any. but it's in there

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Antonymous posted:

did anyone make a submarine joke along the lines of 'disruption' and 'move fast, break things'

I want to but I didn't think of any. but it's in there

we're doing a pure disruption play

sink fast and crush teens

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

meta versus beta

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I agree. A stalemate means they both live. Give Zuck a lucky kick that goes straight to one of the upper column sections of Musk's spine

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Can't argue w this lol

Zuccs eyes will turn red as he goes terminator mode

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

whichever one loses, we all win

but we will win more if musk kicks zuck in the balls and then zuck shoryukens musk into the rafters

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Tweet Fighter: Champion/chump Edition

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Gabe Newell's sub has been tested to beyond earthly limits

It will be cool to see what if any science comes from that sub. Hopefully they get their superlative jollies out of the way and go somewhere other than Challenger Deep. You could look at hydrothermal vents or mid ocean ridges or find out eels reproduce. Like, just pick a spot at random on a map, almost certain nobody has been to the sea floor there. And all the crab science you could do :craboot:

Frosted Flake posted:

Can you imagine how many more dead tourists there would be if there were particularly technical sections and Sherpas didn't go out to install all the ladders at the start of the season?

Keep on keeping on :thumbsup:

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
why does gabe need a sub when he's already part orca

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1672009447420440577

Lmfao it’s so true

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Xaris posted:

not really imo. WB has been just awful harry potter magical beasts and generic snyder slop for over a decade.

plus they're the worst game publisher with GaaS microtransactions battlepacks in single player games.

Warner Brothers has a very large vault of movies and TV shows. They were one of the few companies that made old studf available and regularly work with criterion.

They were the least bad and it sucks the good HBOmax with TCM and criterion movies is gone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Krang is wrong

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

musk will take some steroids about it and we are going to get some unhinged tweets.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

musk will take some steroids about it and we are going to get some unhinged tweets.

he has a high bar to clear with trump's "401K! VOTE!" steroid tweets

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

let them fight

I feel like neither one of them has ever really been punched or physically attacked in any way, so it's really a psychological battle about who feels hurt or threatened first. and that makes it anyone's game, even fat musk could land a lucky punch/flying knee kick or be so out of his mind on whatever supersteroids billionaires have that he doesn't feel feelings anymore. and then there's the little man, little mac. who wants so badly to be big, and show the world what he's really made of. and hell, maybe he can make it happen.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Still can't loving believe they forgave ppp loans
the legislation was framed that the "loans" were expressly designed to be "forgiven"

one weird trick to hand giant amounts of free cash to billionaires without the peasants asking questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/stonking/status/1671945151961333784