Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

In 2022, 6 put of 449 movies that came out in the usa and Canada were superhero films. I think you are stupid.

Quite possible. Nevertheless, the trend of comic book oversaturation has long since passed its expiration date.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Jun 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

V. Illych L. posted:

apropos of nothing much i never understood the antipathy americans have for coming in to work in the office until i realised that you people all live an hour's drive away from your jobs, which is an astounding notion to me

we hate work for a lot of reasons, and that's just one. others include:

-there's no legally required time off for anybody, and it's completely legal for your boss to cancel your vacation hours before it begins.

-there's no national paid leave for new parents. you can get 12 weeks of unpaid leave, that's it, gently caress you

-health insurance, which is basically required to obtain healthcare in the US, is provided primarily through employers. except for the ones that don't--then you, the prole, get fined by the IRS, instead of them. you read that right: it is unlawful for us residents not to possess health coverage, and it is legal for their employers and the government not to provide it.

-in most states, it's legal for your boss to fire you for any reason or no reason, with no notice.

-in many states, politicians are actively trying to kill or immiserate all the non-rich. one state actually *decreased* their minimum wage, and many others are trying to kick people off of free federal health coverage (medicaid) because america lusts for death.

-in all cases, in all areas of life, enforcing your rights can only be done through the court system, which is unnavigable without a lawyer's help. boss loving you over? landlord loving you over? lol hope you already have money, and the judge isnt a landlord too, or trying to get reelected, or friends with your landlord and/or employer.

i honestly don't know how you explain this place, other than "there's a national death drive that can't be stopped". a whole country full of the dumbest, cruelest motherfuckers alive

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

V. Illych L. posted:

apropos of nothing much i never understood the antipathy americans have for coming in to work in the office until i realised that you people all live an hour's drive away from your jobs, which is an astounding notion to me

in prefabricated neighborhoods that are even more depressing to look at than a cubicle

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

insane clown pussy posted:

in prefabricated neighborhoods that are even more depressing to look at than a cubicle

I think most office workers would prefer the cubicle over the open plan hotdesking situation that is appearing these days

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

once again we must look to Mike Judge to understand the American psyche:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPzJrSIjh8

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I think most office workers would prefer the cubicle over the open plan hotdesking situation that is appearing these days

In retrospect cubicles weren't that bad. Your own space, walls high enough that your monitor wasn't on display for everyone to see, etc. But then that turned in to open areas that stripped you of even the tiniest bit of privacy and now it's just hot desking. I have an office right now but I'm assuming whenever my company consolidates office space I'll get tossed back in to a hot desk.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Consolidated Ed posted:

we hate work for a lot of reasons, and that's just one. others include:

-there's no legally required time off for anybody, and it's completely legal for your boss to cancel your vacation hours before it begins.

-there's no national paid leave for new parents. you can get 12 weeks of unpaid leave, that's it, gently caress you

-health insurance, which is basically required to obtain healthcare in the US, is provided primarily through employers. except for the ones that don't--then you, the prole, get fined by the IRS, instead of them. you read that right: it is unlawful for us residents not to possess health coverage, and it is legal for their employers and the government not to provide it.

-in most states, it's legal for your boss to fire you for any reason or no reason, with no notice.

-in many states, politicians are actively trying to kill or immiserate all the non-rich. one state actually *decreased* their minimum wage, and many others are trying to kick people off of free federal health coverage (medicaid) because america lusts for death.

-in all cases, in all areas of life, enforcing your rights can only be done through the court system, which is unnavigable without a lawyer's help. boss loving you over? landlord loving you over? lol hope you already have money, and the judge isnt a landlord too, or trying to get reelected, or friends with your landlord and/or employer.

i honestly don't know how you explain this place, other than "there's a national death drive that can't be stopped". a whole country full of the dumbest, cruelest motherfuckers alive

also everything about the office itself sucks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hello page

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bush did

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NNUHPx_dpY

page appropriate american office experience

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
somebody please rehost sweet dreams.wmv with the jihad hamster, its private now on youtube

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
dta page

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I clicked through to the "Discussing Films" site to see what the lowest viewership show was, and my god that site is easily the worst interface I've used in a browser in years. It has a custom scroll animation so that each click of you wheel animates extremely slowly. It takes at least 1 full second to animate each click, while Chrome's native scroll animation takes 0.15 seconds. It's like the browser version of fat rolling in Souls.

Also, the loving article didn't even mention the viewer count numbers or what the lowest view show was!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/nickgerli1/status/1673774695693385728

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

excuse me, it's no longer called MCU: it's now MCM -- The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse that lets them reboot villains and dead people back to life by engaging a multiverse

get with the times grandpa!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
finally.....

some good news ITT

lmfao who the gently caress was buying AirBNB in loving phoenix or sevierville, tennesse

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Gatlinburg belongs to the people, I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wow those are 3 month numbers not one month

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

im glad central texas is collapsing the hardest. home purchase is within reach

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nonsense posted:

im glad central texas is collapsing the hardest. home purchase is within reach
texas is going to become literally uninhabitable soon between either roving bands of paramilitary KKK groups, or climate collapse of alternating mega death heatwaves and polar vortexes with the grid melting down permanently during 120f weather, plus hurricanes every other month. not sure which one will happen first

at least go to Colorado or Oregon or something instead smdh

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

At this rate people will be forced to live in their investments.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xaris posted:

texas is going to become literally uninhabitable soon between either roving bands of paramilitary KKK groups, or climate collapse of alternating mega death heatwaves and polar vortexes with the grid melting down permanently during 120f weather, plus hurricanes every other month. not sure which one will happen first

at least go to Colorado or Oregon or something instead smdh

state income tax is anti-growth!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Is it due to geo distaste, over-saturation, or a decline in travel?

Because all I've read & heard about is how expensive hotels are these days.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

alright, I’ll bite. where is all this cash coming from? is it just mountains of debt being shoveled into the furnace?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

CSPAM landlords: 🤑

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hotels and flights are bad in the summer, fine 300 days a year. airbnbs are crazy expensive and the fees go right into jamie dimon's pocket

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
sevierville may be a situation of low sample size bias or whatever. considering the $ numbers especially lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nonsense posted:

hotels and flights are bad in the summer, fine 300 days a year. airbnbs are crazy expensive and the fees go right into jamie dimon's pocket
airbnb seems to be really bad deal these days as declining rate of profit means AirBNB corporate now adds like +200$ in flat fees plus another 50% off owner's revenue. it's insane how much airbnb landlords off landlords. i don't know which is worse, the landlords or the digital landlords who landlord off the landlords

i hope all the landlords eat poo poo non the less, including corporate

Xaris has issued a correction as of 01:43 on Jun 28, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
911 is a joke

Xaris posted:

excuse me, it's no longer called MCU: it's now MCM -- The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse that lets them reboot villains and dead people back to life by engaging a multiverse

get with the times grandpa!!!

Multiverse really does just kill any stakes in a movie. You just know the asspull is coming.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

this is impossible. it's free money that never runs out!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

word is out that spending $300/night to stay somewhere you have to clean yourself isn't actually that great of a deal

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Xaris posted:

i hope all the landlords eat poo poo non the less, including corporate

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

word is out that spending $300/night to stay somewhere you have to clean yourself isn't actually that great of a deal

it’s incredible that you have to clean it

did it start like that ?

KillerFuzzball
Jul 1, 2007

taste the pain

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

hot-desking sucks, but it does make it less obvious that I never actually show up to the office

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

My Karen neighbor who runs an airbnb (owns two adjoining houses) cornered me and talked at me for like 10 minutes today about how some people rented the place and there was two more people than there were supposed to be and blah blah complaints blah blah various greviances blah blah some homeless people blah blah holy poo poo I don't give a goddamn gently caress :negative:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cat botherer posted:

My Karen neighbor who runs an airbnb (owns two adjoining houses) cornered me and talked at me for like 10 minutes today about how some people rented the place and there was two more people than there were supposed to be and blah blah complaints blah blah various greviances blah blah some homeless people blah blah holy poo poo I don't give a goddamn gently caress :negative:

be sure to smugly read tree-law to her when the inevitable happens

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

cat botherer posted:

Just walk away

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

we are adding a chatbot to our customer support page and there was a 90 minute meeting about it where management sucked each other off and said the word AI so many times I blacked out.

doomed to success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Mr Hootington posted:

Just walk away
It's easy to say that.