Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
labour link elections are coming up for unison, it looks like the "time for real change" people are also running their own slate for this. i've only seen one candidate so far for greater london but she explicitly mentions the conclusions of the Forde report so good luck to her

81 is 9 squared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Banks freezing assets of media grifters taking Russian money you say?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's a Marathon Man reference (best avoided if you have any anxieties about going to the dentist! )
Sunak: "The woke left thinks that someone can't be a good dentist just because they happen to be a Nazi war criminal. It's time to expose their intolerance to pain."

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Meanwhile Sunak, who is a man we are supposed to respect as a serious, grownup politician, is proposing amateur dentistry

I, for one, welcome the return of the medieval barber-surgeon. Don’t let the woke left tell you that hairdressers shouldn’t be allowed to perform heart transplants.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Collateral posted:

That skull is has haunted him ever since.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ro5s posted:

mandatory submarine trips for the wealthy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

He's already made a bespoke pedo-seeking submarine tbf, or at least he talked a lot about it

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
paedo-seeking sub immediately turns around and sinks the boat he's in

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

keep punching joe posted:

I have liked the tweet
Calling for tactical voting
That you were probably saving as a pretext
To expel me

Forgive me
It was so progressive, and grown up.

E.J Thrib 17.75 votes

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Just tell him Bezos says he's going down to be first to walk on the sea floor.
Elon will instantly divert all of SpaceX to build him a pringles can to go down.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Just tell him Bezos says he's going down to be first to walk on the sea floor.
Elon will instantly divert all of SpaceX to build him a pringles can to go down.

OzyMandrill posted:

Carbon fibre tube lol - you would not get me down that deep, but if I had to design something that did it would be based on a loving sphere.
"Bezos is going to use his spaceship to drop two bathyspheres!"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Very funny to think back to all the Freudian analysis of New York’s skyscrapers being the thrusting todgers of capitalists and then here we are in the 2020s and Billionaires are straight up building cock shaped spaceships

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

smellmycheese posted:

Very funny to think back to all the Freudian analysis of New York’s skyscrapers being the thrusting todgers of capitalists and then here we are in the 2020s and Billionaires are straight up building cock shaped spaceships

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Polly is having a Leopard moment

https://twitter.com/pollytoynbee/status/1674804813433896961?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My protest is legitimate unlike all those drat lefties who are just protesting for no reason.

Funnily, the protest of half a dozen guardian wankers probably will be more effective because starmer might actually care what they think.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

My protest is legitimate unlike all those drat lefties who are just protesting for no reason.

Funnily, the protest of half a dozen guardian wankers probably will be more effective because starmer might actually care what they think.
Maybe not for much longer. Popbitch says Murdoch spent a lot of time at the Baby Shard this week. Starmer came by presumably to kiss the ring.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Baby Shard do do do do do do do do

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When you were hoping it was just gas but it was a full baby shard

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Microplastics posted:

Baby Shard do do do do do do do do
Thank god I wasn't the only one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What the hell is a baby shard and is there also a scary shard, ginger shard, and sporty shard?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Lol, said Keir Starmer, lmao.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

What the hell is a baby shard and is there also a scary shard, ginger shard, and sporty shard?
Don't forget 'posh' shard.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Meanwhile Sunak, who is a man we are supposed to respect as a serious, grownup politician, is proposing amateur dentistry

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1674793513870045189?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

They loving love this poo poo. They love offloading the easier jobs in healthcare to a lower trained tier who can be kept around more easily than doctors or dentists. The problem is this is already done to an extent - hygenists do the scale/polish work for example. Unless he means to train hygenists or dental nurses to take on simple cases for fillings/extractions, but I don't know enough about dentistry to know if that's even viable.

The state of our health system is loving dire, and doctors and nurses are jumping ship en-masse. Some African countries (I think Malawi possibly) used to train doctors but found they would emigrate to make loads more money than they would locally. To combat this they developed their own not-quite-a-doctor role which meant these people would stay in their country as their qualification wasn't recognised overseas and couldn't be translated as such. I fully expect this will be the future of the NHS. For the oiks they get a Serco sponsored healthcare delivery operative giving them their healthcare. For the wealthy who can go private, they get a doctor. The handful of doctors left in the NHS will be left supervising an ever-growing army of noctors, absorbing a great deal of professional risk until something happens. There will absolutely be a qualitative difference in outcomes.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lmao why would you suggest making amateur dentists out of people who already have jobs? Why wouldn’t you present your crackpot scheme as a way of reducing unemployment?

I guess we can have, like, plumbers filling in for the therapists, then bus drivers can take over some of the plumbing, everyone can sort of pitch in with whatever takes their fancy

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

TACD posted:

lmao why would you suggest making amateur dentists out of people who already have jobs? Why wouldn’t you present your crackpot scheme as a way of reducing unemployment?

I guess we can have, like, plumbers filling in for the therapists, then bus drivers can take over some of the plumbing, everyone can sort of pitch in with whatever takes their fancy
This sounds kind of fun. I’m a doctor (not the medical kind, but I think the basic principles are the same); I think it would be neat to try out doing some GP visits or minor office procedures.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

cat botherer posted:

I’m a doctor (not the medical kind, but I think the basic principles are the same); I think it would be neat to try out doing some GP visits or minor office procedures.

This sounds like a quote that could go straight into ShitGoonsSay.

I know it's out of context, just think it's pretty funny.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm going to vote lib dem.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

OwlFancier posted:

Polly Toynbee weakly bleating against Starmer will probably improve his polling tbh.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Famously unbusy profession Therapy. There's no huge backlog for mental healthcare in this country at all. They can pick up some shifts pulling teeth, for a laugh.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Gonzo McFee posted:

Famously unbusy profession Therapy. There's no huge backlog for mental healthcare in this country at all. They can pick up some shifts pulling teeth, for a laugh.

Look we all know mental health is fake and any passing malaise can be dealt with by some good quality coke or a nice week at the family country house

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nice example for whoever it was that was asking about the “this is fine” meme the other day

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Nice example for whoever it was that was asking about the “this is fine” meme the other day

Wouldn't call it fine, i would call it normal for France.

-----

Saw the boys' mother speaking, just the two of them going through the world and then this comes along and destroys it all. :(

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Bren4Bassetlaw/status/1674793175737847809

So far he's raised £120, mostly from people paying £1 so they can leave comments:

etc, etc, etc.

:allears:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I assume by "therapists" Sunak means the broad category of people who don't get to call themselves doctors, so chiropractors, osteopaths, homeopaths, crystal healers will be able to do your filling.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

josh04 posted:

I assume by "therapists" Sunak means the broad category of people who don't get to call themselves doctors, so chiropractors, osteopaths, homeopaths, crystal healers will be able to do your filling.

His space bar is broken. He meant 'the rapists'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'd rather donate £0 and just call him a fud on Twitter personally

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Same. I often reply to his tweets with this image.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A quid a throw for mild burns like that, he's making out like a bandit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Same. I often reply to his tweets with this image.

Lol