Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

sebmojo posted:

Every now and then I remember some plague rats buying herself mean avatars for literal years so she could blame other people for them and throw back my head and laugh to the sky

it's very funny

some plague rats posted:

I said someone else bought me an av dude. Its immensely loving gay and an unbelievably embarrassing way to act out but come on can you not just lol like everyone else

some plague rats posted:

lol drat

yeah. I was in the grip of an absolute loving episode brought on by some personal poo poo this morning and was essentially just acting out, and I should have blanked it or bought a new one instead of continuing to bluff it when I started to come down. Same with the 41%, that was a real low point. Sorry all, I can be a real loving dickhead in exciting new ways when the mood takes me. I will now hear about this forever, go

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Inceltown posted:

If anyone wants a free temporary avatar I can give you one that lasts 6 hours.

Hit me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ben shapino posted:

it's very funny

She did not, in the end, hear about it forever.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Someone else added the text to my av, presumably the Mouse Buddy person, and I am occasionally mildly peeved that they decided to label the Optimist Mouse as a rat, but whenever I think about changing it I also want to get a cleanly cropped and less compressed image, and that's like actual effort, so I've left it as is. Plus I still appreciate the gesture.

also I have too many gangtags but don't want to spend money to remove some, there's probably a thread where you can ask nicely for that

The cleanest version I could find (uploaded by the artist @stephen_collins themself) already has pretty bad compression artifacts but here it is if anyone wants to take a crack at cleaning it up

They probably uploaded a better version to their Insta but it's set to private :shrug:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Platystemon posted:

She did not, in the end, hear about it forever.

There's basically no way she isn't at least lurking so yeah she kinda is.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The cleanest version I could find (uploaded by the artist @stephen_collins themself) already has pretty bad compression artifacts but here it is if anyone wants to take a crack at cleaning it up

They probably uploaded a better version to their Insta but it's set to private :shrug:

i remember that strip from when i used to read the poltoon thread. made this edit:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Baron von Eevl posted:

There's basically no way she isn't at least lurking so yeah she kinda is.

I had her ignored from when she was in gen-pop with the rest of us for just being "Captain Crunch: Oops! All Aggro!" and then she got a star and I had to un-ignore to be able to do anything with my ignore list, which loving annoyed the poo poo out of me. Glad I was vindicated in my original decision.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

spookykid posted:

I had her ignored from when she was in gen-pop with the rest of us for just being "Captain Crunch: Oops! All Aggro!" and then she got a star and I had to un-ignore to be able to do anything with my ignore list, which loving annoyed the poo poo out of me. Glad I was vindicated in my original decision.

i think only the phone apps throw fits about an ignored star user, i could swear i was still able to ignore people just fine on pc despite having a few iks/mods muted prior their mark of shame

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kitfox88 posted:

i think only the phone apps throw fits about an ignored star user, i could swear i was still able to ignore people just fine on pc despite having a few iks/mods muted prior their mark of shame

You can add to the ignore list from outside of it, but you can’t load and edit the list, so it’s impossible to remove anyone from the list without also removing any and all moderators that you have on it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Platystemon posted:

You can add to the ignore list from outside of it, but you can’t load and edit the list, so it’s impossible to remove anyone from the list without also removing any and all moderators that you have on it.

why would you remove someone :confused:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Kitfox88 posted:

why would you remove someone :confused:

girlfriend., at keep them on the terrible tuesdays list.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the only people on my ignore lost are from years ago, when adblock wasn't a thing and I didn't like seeing their avatars. nothing to do with their often inoffensive posting

could take them off now but I still don't like seeing their avatars, so

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel it's not a good idea to say who's on your ignore list, it only encourages them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel it's not a good idea to say who's on your ignore list, it only encourages them.

Why would that matter tho?

(Fondly remembering a goon literally literally begging for someone to quote them so I would see their stupid post. That was a lol.)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why would that matter tho?

(Fondly remembering a goon literally literally begging for someone to quote them so I would see their stupid post. That was a lol.)

drat. You have posting power over them for life now.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cthulu Carl posted:

I've bought a few people avs, but they were just red texts of their posts that were particularly heinous.

I also didn't argue or interact with them around when they made the post, so the probably blamed someone else. Just like in high school when I had to fart, I'd go stand by one friend and he took the blame every time.
I hear you can save a cool 5 bucks by doing it to yourself

E: should have kept reading

sebmojo posted:

Every now and then I remember some plague rats buying herself mean avatars for literal years so she could blame other people for them and throw back my head and laugh to the sky
:same:

Splicer has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Jul 1, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Arivia posted:

on the other hand you have to make it clear what post you're mad about. compare to my avatar, which someone paid to put on me and i still have no idea what they're actually angry about.
Sounds like someone's deflecting to the perceived flaws of the person or group they were arguing with :smug:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Serephina posted:

If you're not dismembering your own regenerating faces, I don't know what to tell you.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

EorayMel posted:

:umberto: Spamming gibberish. :umberto:

lars ulrich outing his SA account like this smh

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you come at the soil you best not miss

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:stalker: STOP loving THANKING IMAGESHACK :stalker:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is there any way to see how many accounts have you on ignore?

On the one hand I'll be sad if the answer is 'a lot', but I'll also be sad if the answer is zero.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
yes, but only if you're in the top 100 ignored users
https://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=4#jump

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nice list of the 100 most powerful posters.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Generic Monk posted:

not the worst use of carbon fibre i’ve seen in the past couple weeks tbf

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Red Metal posted:

Release the full unredacted list, Jeffrey. These forums need accountability.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Red Metal posted:

PCOS Bill didn't even make the top 10. What the hell are those other posters doing?

I'm guessing dnd or cspam stuff but still.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Stux and arf doin fuckin numbers

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like how the number one spot is basically a Tomb of the Unknown Poster memorial now for a true hero doing numbers today's goons can't even hope to achieve

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Wasn't there a guy who was radiumed onto every other goons ignore list way back?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Biplane posted:

Nice list of the 100 most powerful posters.

I refuse to accept that Three Olives has power

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Ignoring is the act of a coward, a fool who is unwilling to face their enemies on the field of posting.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Almost 1000 people turned from the light of SMG posts. Smh

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

you would know if he had power because he would've told you about when he bought it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

1stGear posted:

Ignoring is the act of a coward, a fool who is unwilling to face their enemies on the field of posting.

blocked

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

i sheathe my katana smoke blowing about the ravaged battlefield as ur body slumps to the ground

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hilarious that fishmech is there twice - if her two accounts were consolidated she'd beat happyelf, and possibly be in the top 10 if Install Gentoo (which didn't make it) were also added.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

1stGear posted:

Any dude who gloats about having someone else on ignore is commiting one of the forums most deadly self owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hilarious that fishmech is there twice - if her two accounts were consolidated she'd beat happyelf, and possibly be in the top 10 if Install Gentoo (which didn't make it) were also added.

I imagine there's a lot of overlap.

I am no good at keeping track of who is whose alt, so I'll ask here: Does anyone know who has the most alts on the most-ignored list?