Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm not sure it's a good look to compare a Jewish man to Adolf Hitler, even if said man is a murderous psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I'm not sure it's a good look to compare a Jewish man to Adolf Hitler, even if said man is a murderous psychopath.

Usual exception applies for Yair Netanyahu, who would appreciate the compliment.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Also lol, I replied to that Mercer tweet saying after watching his performance I wish he'd died in Afghanistan and almost instantly got suspended for 12 hours. Someone's feelings were hurt. :allears:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I doubt he even saw it, I think twitter has an algorithm that hunts and destroys any "hope you die" tweets

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Also lol, I replied to that Mercer tweet saying after watching his performance I wish he'd died in Afghanistan and almost instantly got suspended for 12 hours. Someone's feelings were hurt. :allears:

Probably picked up by a bot. You have to word insults in a way that bypasses the bot filters

ef;b

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

fuctifino posted:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Saturday's wedding

I'm seeing quite a few people who regularly read Cummings' blogposts who are saying that it's 100% Cummings behind the email.

It would be lol if true

no idea how theyve come to that conclusion

you dont need to be colombo to spot the multiple references to his poor long suffering wife frances etc. most of it seems to turn on various points of contention about how he acted on this and that family holiday or with his kids a decade ago etc + the extreme vitriol towards his new wife and attempt to ruin their wedding day.

who could it possibly be!?!?!

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
who could possibly still bear a grudge about his apparent failure to parent his kids properly on a holiday to greece in 2013

grobbo
May 29, 2014
As Twitter's already pointed out, it's best read in his voice:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Miftan posted:

He means specifically within the borders of the UK, so the blitz, which is somewhat misleading yes.

Not just the Blitz: all UK military and civilian casualties of World War 2. That was around 420,000. By all means say that I'm using an overly simplistic model for dramatic effect, but frankly if a bit of drama will shake people up then I'm going to go for it. The damage the Tories have caused is obscene, but it also passes largely unnoticed because so many of the people being hurt are off the social radar.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/willibee64/status/1677227714023940096?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Every school classroom will have an Ofsted inspector glued to the ceiling at no additional cost.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rustybear posted:

no idea how theyve come to that conclusion

you dont need to be colombo to spot the multiple references to his poor long suffering wife frances etc. most of it seems to turn on various points of contention about how he acted on this and that family holiday or with his kids a decade ago etc + the extreme vitriol towards his new wife and attempt to ruin their wedding day.

who could it possibly be!?!?!

This is going to sound awful, but I read that Pastebin article, and I just thought so what.

Like I get that it has the timing and presentation of something from a Soap Opera, but 95% of it reads like the sort of emails that both parties write to their lawyers in a heated family law case.
About the only thing vaguely shocking is the innuendo about something that sounds like statutory rape (or in one case, actual rape.)

And while that is serious, it's just a hearsay implication as opposed to an out and out accusation.

Don't get me wrong, Osborne sounds awful and is certainly a dickhead who should be forced to wear a high vis jacket on nights out that says "STAY AWAY, I WILL TRY AND SHAG YOU!'
But it just seems like a whole lot of nonsesense but it's getting love from the media as it involves their kind of people and is dressed up like a soap opera plot twist.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Re: those student protesters yesterday:

https://twitter.com/GNDRising/status/1677235630458261504

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Question IRL posted:

This is going to sound awful, but I read that Pastebin article, and I just thought so what.

Like I get that it has the timing and presentation of something from a Soap Opera, but 95% of it reads like the sort of emails that both parties write to their lawyers in a heated family law case.
About the only thing vaguely shocking is the innuendo about something that sounds like statutory rape (or in one case, actual rape.)

And while that is serious, it's just a hearsay implication as opposed to an out and out accusation.

Don't get me wrong, Osborne sounds awful and is certainly a dickhead who should be forced to wear a high vis jacket on nights out that says "STAY AWAY, I WILL TRY AND SHAG YOU!'
But it just seems like a whole lot of nonsesense but it's getting love from the media as it involves their kind of people and is dressed up like a soap opera plot twist.

The so what is "it makes Gideon's privileged life a mite more uncomfortable than it otherwise would be", which is about all we can hope for unfortunately

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Tesseraction posted:

Thats pretty grim.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Microplastics posted:

Excess blitz deaths. You gotta compare to the background blitz death rate for a fair evaluation.
"Died with the blitz."

I thought based meant ironic good, as in "good despite having all the hallmarks / intent of being bad."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"Died with the blitz."

I thought based meant ironic good, as in "good despite having all the hallmarks / intent of being bad."

Nope

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Thats pretty grim.

I know, imagine not being allowed to wish death on Tories when they actively cause death

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Thats pretty grim.

It is, and frankly is a relatively pointless thing to say as if he'd died in Afghanistan I'd never have known about him enough to wish it had happened.

But in general these people are gleefully using the power of the state to kill their designated enemies through starvation, malnutrition and lack of healthcare, and I have no qualms with wishing on them what they wish on those they see as lesser.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He'd probably get added to some roll of honour in some church hall somewhere though. Better for him to be taken out by an IFV sized Honda piloted by a suburban 5 o'clock wine mum.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Twitter is a lovely idiot cesspit full of trolls and losers can't believe they just banned me for wishing someone dead.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

The Question IRL posted:

Osbourne is a completely loathsome little poo poo and what I've read and what others have said it says (I stopped reading after 60 lines or so) doesn't alter that opinion in the slightest. What I'm most surprised about is the number of women who seem to want to shag him - all those photos of him doing the tory 'power stance' he looks like a toddler with a filthy nappy.

Having myself been victim of a 'green crayon email' sent to a few of my friends & relatives by a ranting loon, and while the accusations in it were nothing like this, it was pretty horrible to experience. Some wanted to reply to the Green Crayoner but I contacted everyone i could think of who might have received it and asked not to respond in any way shape or form because it won't resolve anything and just escalate. Most of them didn't read past the first couple of paragraphs anyway which were slagging off another person before it got to the attacks on me.

Sounds to me like the ex-wife or a friend of hers, and yeah there are some serious implications in it that His Majesty's Finest should have a look into.

And I'm darn sure the wife-to-be knows all about it whatever it is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Twitter is a lovely idiot cesspit full of trolls and losers can't believe they just banned me for wishing someone dead.

Where did I say I was surprised that I'd get hit for it?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

(I stopped reading after 60 lines or so)

That was also how George approached reports written by economists

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Where did I say I was surprised that I'd get hit for it?

Don't mind him, you should always wish Tories dead.

I'll miss Twitter if it fucks itself offline and there's no handy way to let celebs know that you wish them death and suffering with a single click

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

The Question IRL posted:

oh for sure it's pure Hello! gossip, other than the 'age gap discourse' parts

the whole thing read a bit mrs rochester to me - maybe his new wife is comfortable with a more modern relationship?? either way lol, lmao

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

When some people wish others dead. Obviously when Catturd2 does it, it's free speech and must be protected.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

'green crayon email'

I've never heard this term before, is it a reference to something?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm guessing it's a combination of green-ink letter, a stereotype of crank or conspiracy letters to the editor/newsletter/mailing list, and crayon letter implying childish (and email because it was an email).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Reveilled posted:

I've never heard this term before, is it a reference to something?

Probably showing my age: back in the days when ranting loons would post letters to people complaining or whatever about something and write them in green crayon (other colours are available) or fat felt tips or basically not the usual biro or ink pen. If we got a letter like that at work we used to call them the 'green crayon letters' and handle them with care!

This might explain better

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/green-ink_letter

"(chiefly Britain) A letter written to a newspaper editor, politician, etc., expressing eccentric views; such a letter is often stereotyped as being handwritten in green ink, characterized by the frequent use of capital letters and underlining, and lengthy."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

No, it's just more yt appropriating black culture. (Who in turn I guess was recontextualising a negative term, which itself came from "freebase" cocaine, so a bit of scientific terminology)

What's youtube got to do with it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

didn’t he do something similar to the family of ian tomlinson? or another victim of the police? it’s in that book

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Aipsh posted:

In my totally unprofessional opinion that email looks like it was written by someone in a manic episode.

If it was Cumming’s it would read like a fan fiction instalment called The Son Of TimeCube or something

it looks v much like the texts my sisters have been known to send after a bottle and half of wine tbh

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dabir posted:

got to do with it

got to do with it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
one of them still brings up the Care Bear poster i "deliberately" ripped, when i was a toddler

in 1985 :/

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm glad it's hosed up his wedding. That, and potentially forcing him out of his gifted museum job is as far as any of this will go, but lmao all the same

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Microplastics posted:

got to do with it

got to do with it

What's youtube but a better dailymotion

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Tesseraction posted:

It is, and frankly is a relatively pointless thing to say as if he'd died in Afghanistan I'd never have known about him enough to wish it had happened.

But in general these people are gleefully using the power of the state to kill their designated enemies through starvation, malnutrition and lack of healthcare, and I have no qualms with wishing on them what they wish on those they see as lesser.

You are putting way more malice when there really isn't any. It's not that Tories wish for the poor or disabled to die, they simply do not care if they do.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dabir posted:

yt= whitey

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mega Comrade posted:

You are putting way more malice when there really isn't any. It's not that Tories wish for the poor or disabled to die, they simply do not care if they do.

I disagree with at least half of this. I think Tories definitely want the disabled to die, as it will remove any responsibility for the government to look after them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mega Comrade posted:

Any sufficiently advanced indifference is indistinguishable from malice.

mrpwase posted:

What's youtube but a better dailymotion
:pusheen: