Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZnCu
Jul 2, 2007

Eat Sword?

Emzedoh posted:

I'd like to see Mike Mignola do a take on Zhuangzi's conversation with a skull

When I'm just doodling around, Mignola's one of my favorite artists to study.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, it turned out that Mr. Spook accidentally made scientific progress. The sprout-butt also expressed its fondness for the notworm.

Poing!

Beast Boy bothers Raven

a delicacy

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

ZnCu posted:

awesome!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjzIBI3jkKY

quote:

Worm God

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Two new colorings:

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I think everyone should be nicer to the horrifying worm god tbh

So I'm on her side here

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Extra Ordinary

Creepin' erryday

THIS IS MAH JOB

slump up on 'em

Actually I'm going to level with you. I don't have more. It's not in, or you. I'm going to be needing it back

Good hustle, everyone!

I'm not even tryin' and I'm grabbin'

What's this, lunch for CATS?

You ruse, you raff

Visually.

Dinnerin' time

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

By popular demand posted:

Two new colorings:

I think that's a pool of blood instead of a shadow in the last panel.

(might be hard to make it look good colorized)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh yeah, funny how you get into doing a thing and fail to notice the little details.
I'll get on fixing that later.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:vince:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Night Visitors

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

School of World

Dirt Creek

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Esidi's body is sliced into pieces by the heroin-charged string, and he explodes! Jos3ph takes Esidi's nose ring and drinks the contents, which dissolves the ring in his neck! One divorce down, one to go!

Unbeknownst to him, Esidi's nervous system has somehow survived and clings to Jos3ph's back!

Read right to left:

Chapter 81 - Found in One Piece

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Previously on Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, can't leave Commander around eligible single folks for too long

07/10/2017 - Robert isn’t really Commander’s type anyway

quote:

He strikes me as more of a Joseph guy if he’s the white-picket-fence-bbqs-for-the-block-baking-with-the-kids one.

Anyway I honestly have no idea where this is going because the game isn’t even out yet, but it will be in a few days! So maybe we’ll all play it and I’ll have some jokes for you and you’ll all get them and we’ll all have a lot of fun.

07/17/2017 - So the thing I was gonna make jokes about this week got delayed…

quote:

Gettin’ back into lifting seriously for the first time since the accident that broke my shoulder last year, so here’s a comic about having a dragon stash of various alchemical powders and canned meat.

07/23/2017 - Make a good first impression

quote:

Considering Reaper had no idea what Vialli looked like, there’s a good chance he’s never actually sat at the Talon round table shadowy board of directors thing before and this rufflepuff masquerade costume was their first time experiencing him in person.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Timelets

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ooh
Satisfying

ZnCu posted:

Wow, Mignola Zhuangzi just works

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Calexio posted:

Chiming in as another who's just here enjoying the comics but not much of a poster.

Shinozaki: Really, really like it even if I was getting worn down by quite how many characters recently have been "[trait] and really loud". Maybe it's not actually that many but my reaction to the repository kidnappers was definitely "ah we're shouting a lot again"

I think there'll always be some level of shouting so long as Shinozaki is around to do his straight-man gimmick, but I don't think we'll be seeing Fuka or Zatto for a little while after this chapter. It's pretty much those two, right?

ZnCu posted:

I love this thread. Thank you for doing this, that is an impeccable facsimile. You really can't get much more Mignola than talking to random friendly skulls.

That little thought bubble, almost engulfed by the darkness of the movie theatre, that's interesting. Why is Takako blue though?

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Jul 10, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Demon
Chapter 20.04

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Pomme de Terror posted:

Previously on Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, can't leave Commander around eligible single folks for too long
07/23/2017 - Make a good first impression

Seeing MGDMT going through the early Overwatch period is something alright. It had so much promise at first, all squandered now. I'll just briefly mention that the author, Kelly Turnbull, did a lot of Soldier 76/Reaper comics on another site. Actually, that reminds me - after you finish MGDMT, maybe post Turnbull's Surge and Giovanni short? :D

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance

Another problem solved with the power of insurance. I could make a real loving dark joke about American healthcare right now, but I won't.

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated

Welp, there goes the doll house.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
A great sequence

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Just so I'm clear, the protagonists of Demon are currently doing all this... just out of spite? They don't particularly care about hunters big plan, they just want to gently caress him up cos he dared to mess with them. Am I right?

I like the comic but the motivations are possibly hard to relate to if one is not an absolute sociopath, which I also gather is kind of the point too?

Odd comic

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

to be fair, sushi q is an insanely bad poster

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fagtastic posted:

Just so I'm clear, the protagonists of Demon are currently doing all this... just out of spite? They don't particularly care about hunters big plan, they just want to gently caress him up cos he dared to mess with them. Am I right?

I like the comic but the motivations are possibly hard to relate to if one is not an absolute sociopath, which I also gather is kind of the point too?

Odd comic

There's a certain amount of lip service given to believing in self-determination and skepticism that Hunter's NWO will hold it together, but ultimately yeah it's just spite.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Fagtastic posted:

Odd comic
They have lived very long lives and have had the opportunity to sample every walk of life and have run out of things that are new and exciting. Is what I took away from it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Emzedoh posted:

That little thought bubble, almost engulfed by the darkness of the movie theatre, that's interesting. Why is Takako blue though?

Mang I dunno, I just played with the image until I got there and it just felt right.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

All these edits are fantastic!

Fingerpori

I think there's some kind of a legislative thing here where putting a "no ads" tag on your front door actually prevents certain types of ads from arriving? I've noted a difference in the amount of paper ads pre- and post-"no ads"-tagging, and some kinda legal precedent is the only reason I can think of why that would matter at all.

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

366 - News For Wives
367 - Warehouse
368 - Vegetables
:biotruths: galore!
369 - Evolution of fiction Part 1

370 - Evolution of fiction Part 2

371 - Evolution of fiction Part 3

Alien species seen: 115 (+8; kvatyls, deff-deffelas, zuufajks, kni-inks, nraacs, vjesselins, grilks & tarqucks)
:biotruths:: 27 (+1; evolution of fiction)
Talking character deaths: 47
Deaths overall: 81+

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Ah, I see Thorsby predicted isekai

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Hempuli posted:

All these edits are fantastic!

Fingerpori

I think there's some kind of a legislative thing here where putting a "no ads" tag on your front door actually prevents certain types of ads from arriving? I've noted a difference in the amount of paper ads pre- and post-"no ads"-tagging, and some kinda legal precedent is the only reason I can think of why that would matter at all.

This joke would work in the US if you changed the text on the stickers to "No soliciting", that's a very common sign on / near doors here.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Emzedoh posted:

Seeing MGDMT going through the early Overwatch period is something alright. It had so much promise at first, all squandered now. I'll just briefly mention that the author, Kelly Turnbull, did a lot of Soldier 76/Reaper comics on another site. Actually, that reminds me - after you finish MGDMT, maybe post Turnbull's Surge and Giovanni short? :D

Debating it, if people would be game for the gore and whatnot? Keeping in mind that it is a Pokémon comic, but a gritty one

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pomme de Terror posted:

Debating it, if people would be game for the gore and whatnot? Keeping in mind that it is a Pokémon comic, but a gritty one

I don't think it's any grittier than the one grimdark Nuzlocke comic that someone posted a ways back. It doesn't even have that much gore; most of it is just people talking and being way too serious about Pokemon.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hempuli posted:

The Accidental Space Spy

:biotruths: galore!

That’s some grade a Thorsby bullshit. :discourse:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Mang I dunno, I just played with the image until I got there and it just felt right.

Fair enough, fair enough.

Pomme de Terror posted:

Spoiler the gory pages, I guess? I don't remember anything disastrously nasty in there, at least, nothing that compares to the toe nail horror show we had a couple days ago in Jojo :v

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

mycatscrimes posted:

I think everyone should be nicer to the horrifying worm god tbh

So I'm on her side here

Y'know, in retrospect, it's clear that your pal Gog-Agog wasn't lying about trying to make things nice for everyone. She's not actually done anything particularly malicious and her entire MO seems to be about creating entertainment. She might have exactly zero respect for life but I can't really hold that against her on account of human morality not applying to her

Mottom: Society exists to serve me
Incubus: Society is what the rats call it when they feast on the dead
Mammon: I'm rich, what the gently caress is society?
Solomon: Society is a perfect machine and I am the arbiter
Jagganoth: I'm going to destroy society and reforge it free of impurities
Jadis: ??????
Gog-Agog: I am society

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Monya the Grey
This might just be me feeling validation-starved, but it feels like it isn’t getting a lot of traction… is a chapter all at once too much?
Footnotes:
Utsunomiya is a real city, close enough to Tokyo to be convenient to visit but far enough away and small enough to be considered provincial by Tokyo people.

I love Monya and if you posted the whole thing and then immediately started over I would read it again

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Snackmar posted:

I love Monya and if you posted the whole thing and then immediately started over I would read it again

I read Monya in the other thread where it was great and I’m reading it here where it’s also great.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kit Walker posted:

Y'know, in retrospect, it's clear that your pal Gog-Agog wasn't lying about trying to make things nice for everyone. She's not actually done anything particularly malicious and her entire MO seems to be about creating entertainment. She might have exactly zero respect for life but I can't really hold that against her on account of human morality not applying to her

Mottom: Society exists to serve me
Incubus: Society is what the rats call it when they feast on the dead
Mammon: I'm rich, what the gently caress is society?
Solomon: Society is a perfect machine and I am the arbiter
Jagganoth: I'm going to destroy society and reforge it free of impurities
Jadis: ??????
Gog-Agog: I am society

Gog is democracy manifest.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Gog is democracy manifest.

What is the charge? Being a meal? A succulent wormy meal? Ooo, that is a nice headlock. I see that you know your 47 Empty Palms, Allison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I mostly fall hundreds of posts behind in this thread and then binge to catch up, so I skip lots of stuff and tend not to bother commenting on things that happened days ago. But I like this thread. Catching up to Clown Corps was a sad surprise, but at least without the exterior shots of their headquarters I'm not craving licorice allsorts as often.

The Thorsby comics on fiction are fascinating because a lot of it sounds like nonsense, but he's also really good at making his own stories, so even if it's wrong the rules evidently work...? I can't remember if he does a strip about the evolution of comedic farces. And I'm not going to effortpost but it was interesting reading through and trying to think when each idea turned up in, say, Hitmen for Destiny.

P.S. Tree bucket I also like your bird comics! But then I have the Avigraph so you could probably take that for granted.