Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

My theory:

Leviathan was lost because it got teleported to the world of FFXIV where the Warrior of Light beat it up so they could get a Torgal minion and a Jill dress.

Let me unlock Clive's handsome face in FFXIV. Just full resolution, completely out of place among all the other assets, just let me put this 4k-rear end extremely handsome face on my blocky Hyur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

It seems like if a "world without magic spell" was successful, then Leviathan couldn't possibly be around? Magic being the method of channeling aether, and priming requiring the channeling of aether. Unless Eikon's can exist without a dominant somehow.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
The Jill dress better be wearable by both genders because so help me I want to put a male Au Ra in it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If there is a Leviathan DLC eventually it seems a safe bet that it'd be during the main story rather than after the ending. Or a prequel I guess

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Bugblatter posted:

That reminds me, Barnabus’s actor really needed to make a final decision about how his character pronounced “mythos” at some point. Different characters from different lands can have different accents, but that one dude flip flopping…

I know the actor is Norwegian, but I was just distracted by Malos affecting an Nordic accent.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The existence of the Stage Replay menu makes it very easy for any given DLC to just throw you into a zone and say "it would've happened here in the story".

--

So some people doing NG+/FF mode are talking about missing on accessories, what's that about? I've got Gotterdammerung and the Ouroborous stuff and never sold a single accessory, is there a checklist I should mark or something? I think I went through the dungeons pretty thoroughly so the only thing I might be missing is a random Odin accessory that got given to some vendor.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 13, 2023

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

bewilderment posted:

The existence of the Stage Replay menu makes it very easy for any given DLC to just throw you into a zone and say "it would've happened here in the story".

--

So some people doing NG+/FF mode are talking about missing on accessories, what's that about? I've got Gotterdammerung and the Ouroborous stuff and never sold a single accessory, is there a checklist I should mark or something? I think I went through the dungeons pretty thoroughly so the only thing I might be missing is a random Odin accessory that got given to some vendor.

The deal with weapons/accessories in NG+ is you make the new higher level ones by combining two of the same one. Some items can only be acquired once per-playthrough, so if you missed something in your first run, it’s impossible to forge the higher level one in NG+.

Generally it doesn’t matter much unless you want to collect all items for your own reasons. FF mode isn’t scaled up that much harder so you’re fine being a bit under equipped and the only items that affect trophies are gotterdamerung and the music tracks, which aren’t affected by this quirk.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Speaking of the inevitable crossover event...

https://twitter.com/peachfantasia/status/1679212260885950467?t=9oFgnoEmRkJsY_uApVpiRg&s=19

Clearly our solution is going to be a Clive Ifrit Trial where we beat the poo poo outta him before he can destroy Etheirys.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So let me get this straight, Barnabas can summon twinks on demand?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Agents are GO! posted:

Classic case of never getting over mommy

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Agents are GO! posted:

Twinks that he rides.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

My theory:

Leviathan was lost because it got teleported to the world of FFXIV where the Warrior of Light beat it up so they could get a Torgal minion and a Jill dress.

I want a Mid Camisole and Hairstyle + Torgal Minion

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

bewilderment posted:

Twinks that he rides.

god i wish this was me

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

lines posted:

god i wish this was me

:chast2b:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

what's a Logos

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They're OP skills you can get from logograms in Eureka Pyros and Hydatos.

(It's what Ultima calls Clive because he has too much free will to accept being his vessel Mythos iirc)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Jackie D posted:

what's a Logos

Mythos is belief. Logos is reason. You could get into early Christian philosophy where logos is the divine reason of God and the universe, and that Clive standing up to Ultima is the final human rejection of it's ordained place of subservience to stand as equals in front of their creator.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Within the terns of the game Logis is Ultima's name for a Mythos with enough free will to avoid posession.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jackie D posted:

what's a Logos

A miserable little pile of secrets.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Jackie D posted:

what's a Logos

A part of the Trinity Processor

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Get a logos deez nuts

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Clive hosed. You know it. I know it.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Clives fate is deliberately ambiguous in both beach scenes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

jill blessed him with frigid womanhood

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Jackie D posted:

what's a Logos

Mythos with free will

It's basically ultima going 'there's a kid driving my car wtf'

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Here's my theory...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

buncha gigas posters steaming deez nutz at the hotspring

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Clive walked her home gently

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Clive hosed. You know it. I know it.

logos is a mythos who fucks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Harrow posted:

logos is a mythos who fucks

thread title

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Hmm, Clive and Jill, after years of being back together, still were too timid to kiss by the midgame. Even in the late game when they're on the beach and they had to remove their soaked clothes, they were doing the respectful looking in the opposite direction thing. They don't actually state love until Clive is heading out on a suicide mission. The game is pretty hesitant to do any overt indications of sexual activity between them despite being direct about it with several other characters.

I think this is more due to Jill's part being underwritten than authorial intent, but nevertheless, Clive dying a virgin is a valid read of the ending.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Hmm, Clive and Jill, after years of being back together, still were too timid to kiss by the midgame. Even in the late game when they're on the beach and they had to remove their soaked clothes, they were doing the respectful looking in the opposite direction thing. They don't actually state love until Clive is heading out on a suicide mission. The game is pretty hesitant to do any overt indications of sexual activity between them despite being direct about it with several other characters.

I think this is more due to Jill's part being underwritten than authorial intent, but nevertheless, Clive dying a virgin is a valid read of the ending.

The implication is that they're down and dirty after Cid dies, living together and practical about it. The game is just stoic and full of characters who also are and it's trying to be respectful about it. Gav barging in on them during the onset of a quiet moment is not some weird admission that they've never kissed, it's the game saying these people are busy dealing with tragedies left and right and it's hard to find time for each other. Clive is the least virgin of all FF main characters.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The character web in the State of the Realm connects them as lovers right after the beach scene. I'm going with they banged it out with that one.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Imagine trusting Vivian Ninetails

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

In all seriousness, yeah there’s a lot to imply they finally hooked up on the beach and the Eikon sucking is a kinda goofy sex scene metaphor.

They were doing the awkward chaste victorian flirting before that though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The camera literally panned up and away just after they realised 'oh hey, we're extremely in love, we're naked on a beach together, and we just had an incredibly charged moment of intimacy, let's do something about that' and started enthusiastically making out. Safe to say they found a way to, ahem, warm themselves up that night.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what happens when dualcast enfiraga meets dualcast enblizzaga

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Finally hooking up at the age of 33 probably does make him more of a chad that all the other mainline FF protagonists though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Imagine trusting Vivian Ninetails

Harpocrates got a revelation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004