Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'm glad they put a good healer on the Qingque banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I wouldn't be making any progress in MoC if I hadn't pulled Luocha and Gepard back to back.

Detheros posted:

I'm 1 eidolon from perfection and I have exactly 1 jade right now. It hurts so bad. Hopefully she's on the Lynx banner.

Can't wait for my next 10 pull. I need the last Sushang eidolon to show up on the Arlan banner.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i kind of don't know who i want to pull for in the immediate future anymore. i assume all these people being mixed and divided over kafka are running off the assumption whatever her datamined values are currently are going to be correct on release so that's been dragging that idea down a bit. really the only reason i wanted her in the first place though was because i have an e6 serval but i'm starting to question if that's a good enough reason to pull

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The final numbers for Kafka are that she’s good, but not amazing. But it’s more fun to pull for characters you think are cool or cute or badass or all three than it is to pull for the optimal statistics. So if you like Kafka, pull for her.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I stared at the Luocha banner for the last couple of minutes as it counted down to test my willpower

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i have been reminded that xueyi exists and would like to pull for her

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

If I'm understanding it correctly, this 4* CE seems extremely good for any character that you can expect to have low-ish HP (and even if not it still seems like a raw 40% damage increase with max superimposition)- https://honkai-star-rail.fandom.com/wiki/A_Secret_Vow

Same goes (probably even moreso since the criteria is much easier) for this; seems like it would quickly become a huge raw damage boost for any character that has nothing but single-target abilities - https://honkai-star-rail.fandom.com/wiki/Swordplay

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
pull with your heart always tbh

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Leraika posted:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ytlaya posted:

If I'm understanding it correctly, this 4* CE seems extremely good for any character that you can expect to have low-ish HP (and even if not it still seems like a raw 40% damage increase with max superimposition)- https://honkai-star-rail.fandom.com/wiki/A_Secret_Vow

Same goes (probably even moreso since the criteria is much easier) for this; seems like it would quickly become a huge raw damage boost for any character that has nothing but single-target abilities - https://honkai-star-rail.fandom.com/wiki/Swordplay

yeah swordplay is considered one of the best 4 star lightcones in general. fun thing to keep in mind is that it counts per hit and most hunt characters will 'hit' the enemy like 2-4 times in one skill usage so you actually cap out the effect very fast

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Mr. Fortitude posted:

He’s frankly ridiculous. The only case where I can see you use his skill is if someone has a debuff and you need to cleanse it ASAP, or you somehow have to heal someone below 50% HP after he’s already automatically healed someone else, though I’d argue you aren’t leveled or equipped right in that scenario.

Yeah I've manually used his skill when trying stuff I'm underleveled/undergeared for. I didn't start at launch and I'm totally f2p so the harder MoC stuff is out of my reach right now, but it's kind of fun to see how far I can push anyway. I agree it doesn't come up much otherwise.

It was wild how much further I could get once I pulled him.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I tip my hat to blade but he is not for me, not very Kafkaesque

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Leraika posted:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As a Genshin "vet", the power of accounts is eventually getting launch 4 stars to max dupe levels, and that'll be the actual power spike. Like a lot of people don't have E1 Sushang, which is pretty game-changing as far as a reliable dps, and more importantly good sup-dps because she becomes SP neutral effectively.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
E6 Sushang still only does 80% of E0 Seele's DPS according to the prydwen sims. But for a sub-dps that's still pretty solid. E6 supports will be pretty handy too.

Doesn't seem like they broke HSR as much as genshin's XQ/XL/Bennett though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

acumen posted:

E6 Sushang still only does 80% of E0 Seele's DPS according to the prydwen sims. But for a sub-dps that's still pretty solid. E6 supports will be pretty handy too.

Doesn't seem like they broke HSR as much as genshin's XQ/XL/Bennett though

Well that's a bummer. I pulled for Seele and she's too good. Rip.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Futaba Anzu posted:

i kind of don't know who i want to pull for in the immediate future anymore. i assume all these people being mixed and divided over kafka are running off the assumption whatever her datamined values are currently are going to be correct on release so that's been dragging that idea down a bit. really the only reason i wanted her in the first place though was because i have an e6 serval but i'm starting to question if that's a good enough reason to pull

I don't think E6 Serval needs Kafka in any way. They'll work well together, but I think Sampo and Luka and even Hook work better with Kafka than E6 Serval.

Meowywitch posted:

I wasn't around for Seele and it's debatable if I would pull for her in a rerun. I'm very happy with my E5 Sushang and I hope to make her complete soon.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 18, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Genovera posted:

Yeah I've manually used his skill when trying stuff I'm underleveled/undergeared for. I didn't start at launch and I'm totally f2p so the harder MoC stuff is out of my reach right now, but it's kind of fun to see how far I can push anyway. I agree it doesn't come up much otherwise.

It was wild how much further I could get once I pulled him.

I'll occasionally use his skill if the field falls off and I want it up for a big ult from Seele or something, but I also have him at E1 so he's also providing a massive loving ATK boost while its up. :v:

Luocha is stupid and I love this probably evil blonde bastard.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

E0 Seele (331k) would be 6th overall single target dps and is only very slightly behind E6 Jing Yuan (337k) and E6 Dan Heng (338k).

E6 Yanqing is around 400k DPS, E6 SW 499k, E6 Seele at 509k.

Really curious how IL Dan and Blade stack up. The existing destruction characters are all fairly low on those sims, I dunno if their durability is really worth the damage tradeoff when there's so many other, better ways to mitigate damage.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wow Daniel, really?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tried out Clara for the first time. She does some pretty great damage, even though my relics are still kinda lovely. Her DPS stats are just something like 35/65 for crit/cdmg and ~2400 attack. I was giving her Tingyun's buff, since it's very easy to maintain her ult with Tingyun support.

acumen posted:

Really curious how IL Dan and Blade stack up. The existing destruction characters are all fairly low on those sims, I dunno if their durability is really worth the damage tradeoff when there's so many other, better ways to mitigate damage.

I like the sorta mixed-ST/AoE characters just from a fun perspective. It feels good to do a big meaty hit to multiple enemies all at once (and this game gives you many opportunities to do so). So many big numbers fly up during JY's 10-hit Lightning Lord.

The 5* Dan seems like he might be useful just for the low Skill Point expenditure.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 18, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I was seriously tempted to pull for Luocha Eidolons because they're so goddamn stupid. E1, E4, and E6 are all enormously powerful effects that would be worthy of being passive skills on other characters. Even E2 makes him a semi-Preservation character, letting you hand out shields on demand.

Fortunately, I managed to stay the course and will be able to grab either Imagine Dragon or Ice Lady, depending on who's tickling my fancy at the time.

EDIT: The leaked test footage I've seen of 5* Dan Heng makes him seem like a viable top-tier single-target DPS character. I doubt he'll beat Seele, but since his gimmick involves using 3 SP per turn, they seem to have given him damage numbers to make that expense worth it. If you can set him up with a team that doesn't use much SP (like, say, Fireblazer + Luocha + Tingyun), or if you can find a rotation that lets him use his Ult every 2 turns for the two free skill uses and use a sub-DPS instead of Tingyun, it looks like he'll do pretty well.

That said, I haven't checked to see if they nerfed him since I last saw a video showing him off.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 18, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zurai posted:

I was seriously tempted to pull for Luocha Eidolons because they're so goddamn stupid. E1, E4, and E6 are all enormously powerful effects that would be worthy of being passive skills on other characters. Even E2 makes him a semi-Preservation character, letting you hand out shields on demand.

Fortunately, I managed to stay the course and will be able to grab either Imagine Dragon or Ice Lady, depending on who's tickling my fancy at the time.

I didn't even mean to get another, I did another random 10 pull after I got him to try and get a Yukong and there he was! I'm not complaining and I still have plenty of jade for Kafka since I'm skipping Edgeboi, it's a pure win for me because goddamn.

I'm sitting in a weird position for 5-stars right now because between E1 Luocha and E0 Gepard I feel like I have more than enough sustain for both sides of MoC, I need to decide what support and damage I want from coming banners now. Kafka looks fun and a DoT team with ways to trigger them multiple times a turn sounds real fun, now I need other cool/rude characters.

And Screwllum. Release Screwllum you cowards.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 18, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

I like the sorta mixed-ST/AoE characters just from a fun perspective. It feels good to do a big meaty hit to multiple enemies all at once (and this game gives you many opportunities to do so). So many big numbers fly up during JY's 10-hit Lightning Lord.

The 5* Dan seems like he might be useful just for the low Skill Point expenditure.

Lightning Lord dropping down some ridiculous 200k bursts in SU is the best.

SP conservation is a good point, wonder if destructos wind up as sub-dps alternatives to nihility or harmony characters.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

5* Dan Heng is not a viable sub-DPS. Or at least it doesn't look that way to me. His whole gimmick is that his basic attack eats SP (up to 3) for increasingly massive amounts of damage. I guess you could run him without using his skill except following an ult, but honestly I think you'd get better use out of someone like Sampo in that slot.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Since I managed to pull Luocha before the banner was over I now have to consider who my 300 normal banner will be, if I didn't him it probably would have been Bailu, but now considering he came home then I pick between Bronya and Gepare, I already have Tingyun so maybe another, different kind of support would be good to have.

Then again Gepard shields mean you don't need a healer and I do have his Lightcone already too, but then Trailblazer is gonna need a new one since they have been using it since I pulled it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

^ Fireblazer becomes obsolete once you have Gepard.

The whole reason I'm talking myself into Blade is because he is a sub dps. I already have Quinque and Sushang for mains, and Serval is a great sub dps. 1 more would make me happy and complete and I don't have the patience to wait for Jingliu.

If I lose the 50/50, please let it be Clara. Hell, I would even accept Himeko. Welt E2 would be great too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Blade is funny with Luocha cuz when you use his E it just instantly triggers the reactive heal.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
If I lose the 50/50 on Blade and stop, will that carry over to the next banner?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

DontMindMe posted:

If I lose the 50/50 on Blade and stop, will that carry over to the next banner?

Yeah

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lazy_Liberal posted:

he makes my team never die while i autobattle the simulated universes.

That's not unique to Luocha; half the time I don't even bring Nat anymore. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Looking closer at The Cooler Daniel's kit and his stacking CDMG and DMG buffs that go away at the end of his turn has me wondering... if I activate a character's ult during their attack animation so it fires off after, does it end their turn then use the ult, or use the ult then end the turn? Because that could be a giant-rear end ult of his.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

who would be a more attractive main dps option, e6 dan heng or e1 sushang? i kinda felt personally mixed on sushang since she does very little when the enemy isn't weakness broken but i may be skill issuing here

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
The ult goes off before the end of the character's turn. Qingque can get the buff from 4 matching tiles, attack, then ult, and the buff applies to both, for example.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Futaba Anzu posted:

who would be a more attractive main dps option, e6 dan heng or e1 sushang? i kinda felt personally mixed on sushang since she does very little when the enemy isn't weakness broken but i may be skill issuing here

cute girls are more attractive than emo boys, op

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Futaba Anzu posted:

I prefer Sushang over Dan because I find her easier to use. I don't like hyper carry playstyles and Dan requires the proper supports to maximize his damage. Sushang wants to break the enemy herself or she wants to do a massive amount of damage once they're broken. This makes her a bit more flexible because she can work as both a sub and main dps, and even switch roles in the same combat.

Edit: That's not to say that Dan requires a hyper carry comp, or that Sushang can't benefit from it. I just don't like having to play around his talent for maximum effectiveness and find it very frustrating when I miss. That's my personal skill issue, not an actual problem with Dan Heng.

cranky corvid posted:

The ult goes off before the end of the character's turn. Qingque can get the buff from 4 matching tiles, attack, then ult, and the buff applies to both, for example.

In my experience if she gets Hidden Hand while her ult is up it's better to use her ult first so she skill on her next turn.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 19, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zurai posted:

5* Dan Heng is not a viable sub-DPS. Or at least it doesn't look that way to me. His whole gimmick is that his basic attack eats SP (up to 3) for increasingly massive amounts of damage. I guess you could run him without using his skill except following an ult, but honestly I think you'd get better use out of someone like Sampo in that slot.

Oh, I didn't realize that his attack uses up a skill point for each charge of his skill used; yeah that changes the calculus significantly.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I've played since the last week or so of the Seele banner. I've been completely F2P.

My 5*s are:
Clara (standard banner)
Welt (I'll say this one doesn't count; I lucked into him like 20 pulls in on SW's banner)
SW
Gepard (standard banner, another lucky ~30 pulls in)
Luocha
(and I'm 10 pulls away from my next 5* pity)
edit: forgot Yanqing even though he's on my MoC team, so I guess I subconsciously hate him that much

So it's been 3 full banner cycles so far. I've had enough to guarantee SW on her banner (150 pulls, with the 'new player' windfall caveat), and guarantee a 5* (i.e., 50/50) at the beginning of Luocha's banner. So yeah, I'd say as F2P, I think you can guarantee a 5* every 1 to 1.5 banners, with a guaranteed limited character maybe every other banner (definitely every 3rd banner and change).

I think the pace was similar to Genshin, also as a completely F2P player.

Beluga Snail posted:

Since we're in the closing hours of his banner, question for Luocha havers in the thread - do you find him fun to play?

He's not fun on his own per se, but his field is up almost all the time and he heals a shitton with zero gear and zero traces. He's not fun on his own, but he makes room for you to make the rest of your team fun.

I think he certainly will be powercrept in the future, in that he seems to only heal and heal a ton (well, and the aoe debuff purge). I wouldn't be surprised to see future healers provide pseudo-harmony or nihility debuffs.

Detheros posted:

See I was totally unexcited about Luocha, until I realized that he was a great healer FOR Qingque. He heals without spending skillpoints, which funnels more skillpoints into Qingque.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jul 19, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never put together that Luocha is great for Quinque which feels weird. Then again I usually keep them on separate teams.

Like I said, I was f2p until I pulled Luocha. My 5 stars are Jing Yuan, Silver Wolf, Luocha, Welt E1, Gepard and In the Name of the World. The only 5 stars I pulled on the character banners were the characters themselves, everything else was on the standard banner. I'm 43 deep into pity for the next 5 star and I just hope my luck sticks for 1 more 50/50.

I did buy the Express Pass after Luocha and the Battle Pass. I'll probably continue to buy the Battle Pass but only if I reach the threshold for a light cone. That way I know I'm still enjoying the game enough to play regularly for the expense to be worth it.

I can't wait to try out Blade's kit. On paper he's a unit I will absolutely enjoy using but I want to actually play with him a bit before I commit to pulling for him.

The next character I'm actually looking forward to is Fu Xuan, but not for a Quantum team.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
^^^ Look, when you try to force Qingque as hard as I have, you start developing Qingque brainworms.

I would consider the battlepass just to get the Qingque battlepass LC. (Mad respect to that goon who has S2 on their Qingque LC; they're who I aspire to be one day)

Walla posted:

Sushang makes me spoiled with her action economy and skill point efficiency.

That's very true, huh. As it stands feels real bad (as Yanqing) to overkill a single vagrant and have to wait a whole turn. It's even worse that he's on a long ult cycle so you can't ult+skill.

I do have a S1 Sushang, but I feel like I ought to be building Clara instead. And I hate the way Clara plays (even though I love Clara + Svarog as the wholesomest duo) so I ended up building neither. I just feel like everything I do end up somehow anti-synergistic with Clara.

quote:

I finally managed to 3 star MoC 4 (Kafka) and got a star on MoC 6. I was a single cycle from 2 stars but I don't think I can optimize it further without more investment. 15 total this round so far, but 7 is beyond me at the moment.

4 was Serval/Quinque/SW/Luocha for the first half and Sushang/Tingyun/Welt/Gepard for the second. 6 was Serval/Tingyun/Welt/Gepard and Sushang/Quinque/SW/Luocha for the second.

I feel like we have similar general rosters and amusingly enough, I also 3-starred MoC4 and 1-starred MoC6 (single star was from keeping everyone alive :v:) last night. Interestingly enough MoC5 was also an easy 3* for me, while I struggled with the timer on MoC4.

My 4 setup was Gepard/Pela/SW/Qingque + Luocha/Welt/PhysMC/Asta (phys MC was a desperation play just to get phys breaks...)
6 for me was Gepard/Pela/SW/Yanqing + Luocha/Welt/Asta/Qingque (Qingque is main hypercarry while Welt+Asta were there for breaks to control the sproutlings)

Interestingly, I tried Gepard/Pela/Tingyun/Yanqing for first half and just got obliterated over and over again. SW was better at keeping enemies broken, which is both a defensive and a slightly offensive layer.

Kinda neat that we have similar rosters but wildly differing setups but still ended up with similar results. Haven't stepped into 7 yet, but the enemies are level 83 while all of my team are in the 60-65 range so I'll probably get destroyed on the level disparity alone.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 19, 2023