Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol noticing that after the weekend the thread rating is 1.59 and also that fluff voted it a 2. very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol noticing that after the weekend the thread rating is 1.59 and also that fluff voted it a 2. very good

voting a thread a 2 is psycho poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Better change my vote to 3 then.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You can see who voted what in a thread? I didn't know that was possible.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

You can see who voted what in a thread? I didn't know that was possible.

iks, mods, and admins can, iirc.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What should the thread be fairly rated?. 3.7? 6?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

only the individual poster can decide that. but be true to yourself and vote from the heart

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

Whenever mods do this it results in agro. For instance kirbykhan got a week long probe for constantly trolling the ukraine thread, and a bunch of people went to SAD to complain how unfair it was he punished so harshly for extremely mild trolling.

Now while i dont think nom would get the same response, it would raise a lot of questions about other posters who mildly troll not getting the same treatment.
Problem is that kirbykhan should be probed and/or banned for his insane rambling posts, not his single line poo poo posts.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kirbykahn posting war is bad a single time every 100 pages wasnt really worth a week ... maybe a sixer but thats not important what is important is that kirbykahn a poster with no brain managed to successfully troll someone

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

new solution, every 3 months the top ten most ignored users get a permaban

We should do what ancient Athens did and host a poll once a year to permaban one goon, no questions asked.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

projecthalaxy posted:

1, 5 or not rated at all

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Weird how the lazy trolls always want light punishment for lazy trolling :thunk:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that doesn't seem that weird, tbh. seems like common sense

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
We should use video game ratings for voting on threads. 1-100%!!! And it has to be an average of all scores like this:

Graphics: 76%
Music: 89%
Gameplay: 70%
Replayability: 40%
Value for money: 65%

OVERALL 60%

Verdict: An interesting thread that has a lot of potential, unfortunately let down by it's short duration (4 pages) which has since been closed because the OP had a meltdown and got banned. Here's hoping the OP get's his poo poo sorted out and starts posting like a normal person when he comes back. A good effort but not worth :10bux:

Seriously, people would actually put some thought and effort into their votes. Having a 5 star system is the same as having thumbs up/down buttons. I think anyone voting 2 or 4 missed, and people voting 3 would approve of my idea - because they actually show some discernment.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
There are too many stickied threads.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it's called nuance :colbert: mad?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Valko posted:

We should use video game ratings for voting on threads. 1-100%!!! And it has to be an average of all scores like this:

OVERALL 60%

Verdict: An interesting thread that has a lot of potential, unfortunately let down by it's short duration (4 pages) which has since been closed because the OP had a meltdown and got banned. Here's hoping the OP get's his poo poo sorted out and starts posting like a normal person when he comes back. A good effort but not worth :10bux:

Seriously, people would actually put some thought and effort into their votes. Having a 5 star system is the same as having thumbs up/down buttons. I think anyone voting 2 or 4 missed, and people voting 3 would approve of my idea - because they actually show some discernment.

i'm voting 1 on this post

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

i'm voting 1 on this post

Exactly my point. You put no effort or thought into that.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Valko posted:

Exactly my point. You put no effort or thought into that.

you simply have no way of knowing that. you see the time between your reply and mine>? think i was sitting idle all that time? or was i putting in a detailed analysis of the composite rating of your post? you only see the end result, that i have determined the post was tremendously fail. you have no idea the work i put into such a determination.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Valko posted:

OVERALL 60%

It's a little longer than I like most posts to be but it's not about the drama that's been dogging this thread for days and my cat meowed at me while I was reading it which was a pretty good time. So I'd give this post a solid 4.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

conversely, you don't need to put any thought at all into a multiple-category system. i just rated all categories 69% and i don't even know what they are.

the only way to get genuine feedback is exit interviews once a thread is closed, imo, probably conducted over PM

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This whole thread is a solid 4

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

There are too many stickied threads.

Can we unsticky this thread and sticky the GBS chat thread

TIA

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Unsticky all threads and let the best and most popular threads flow to the top, a real marketplace of posting ideas (in seriousness there is a lot og stickied threads again)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i've unstickied the little big hand guy thread as it is the oldest of the #Content threads. i've also unstickied this thread to make it harder to find for perfidious agitator crew posters and also the rules thread (useless; no one reads) :thanks:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm still pretty sure thread ratings are 90% a result of fatfingering on mobile

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

i've unstickied the little big hand guy thread as it is the oldest of the #Content threads. i've also unstickied this thread to make it harder to find for perfidious agitator crew posters and also the rules thread (useless; no one reads) :thanks:

Another Feedback thread success story, thank you mod team! Great work

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

See you next time some weirdos don't have a video game to play and come back whining over nothing because there bored and want a circus.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:dafuq:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Something just occurred to me that I guess would qualify as feedback. The trump lols thread is definitely one of my favorites in GBS but the amount of people just jacking themselves off into a fury about random nobodies on social media or whipping themselves up about terrible things random elected officials have done kind of brings it down for me. It would be cool if the scope of the thread was just about laughing at the stupid wet ex president instead of a general politics thing. I don’t think anybody on this website in this day and age is out here pulling the elephant lever and it feels very echo chambery. Like I hate the elected officials that are eroding civil liberties as much as anyone else in that thread (I don’t post a ton in there, mostly just reading it) but just having it be a us current events thread seems pointless given the multiple options for politics subforums.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the content :hai:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

teemolover42069 posted:

I like politics threads existing here because I do not want to post in or read D&D, I do not want to post in or read cspam either, but I like there being a thread I can skim here to at least vaguely catch up on what's going on. The actual politics forums just aren't my vibe at all, no hate to them they just aren't for me. id rather there be some threads about it here

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Something just occurred to me that I guess would qualify as feedback. The trump lols thread is definitely one of my favorites in GBS but the amount of people just jacking themselves off into a fury about random nobodies on social media or whipping themselves up about terrible things random elected officials have done kind of brings it down for me. It would be cool if the scope of the thread was just about laughing at the stupid wet ex president instead of a general politics thing. I don’t think anybody on this website in this day and age is out here pulling the elephant lever and it feels very echo chambery. Like I hate the elected officials that are eroding civil liberties as much as anyone else in that thread (I don’t post a ton in there, mostly just reading it) but just having it be a us current events thread seems pointless given the multiple options for politics subforums.

people like gbs politics threads for some reason and imo mock threads about specific cults of personality are fail imo. my implementation of this would be to reboot and reformat the trump mock thread into a us politics thread instead and drop the pretense.

i won't do anything about it tho because i do not post there

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I just wanna shitpost with memes and make bad jokes about a guy trying to ruin everything is that so bad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bismack Billabongo posted:

this is why i banned posting tweets from twitter nobodies in the cspam musk thread it made the thread much more readable when it stopped being full of goons working themselves into a frenzy over some nobody no one cared about

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

there's a time and place for everything

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this is why i banned posting tweets from twitter nobodies in the cspam musk thread it made the thread much more readable when it stopped being full of goons working themselves into a frenzy over some nobody no one cared about

This is sensible and should be adopted for the trump thread imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i stopped reading the trump thread and my brains got better real quick, highly recommended

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah I get that perspective and again would like to stress, I barely post in the thread. I just want to have a place to laugh at how stupid Donald trump is and how he’s going to prison for pissing himself too much or whatever. If the bulk of the people actually populating the thread disagree with me, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

HonorableTB posted:

This is sensible and should be adopted for the trump thread imo

For sure, the trump thread keeps derailing into an elon thread over and over even though there's already an elon thread. Unless Elon is saying something related to the politic thread it's getting annoying.