Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think her character was designed to be attractive like that, tbh. Like, people who think she's sexy will pull on her banner. And it's already working!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Walla posted:

It's still gross when it's some dude calling her mommy with his tongue hanging out.

Wait til you see how people talk about child characters on reddit!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i do not think i will see what people on reddit are posting

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Personally I will pull for any and all terrorist ladies, the smugger the better. But really the issue here is that some people are just gross in how they talk about attractiveness.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

big cummers ONLY posted:

Reddit is poison. YouTube is as far as I go outside of forums. Easier to control.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Mhy is staffed with plenty of the same "tongue-out saying mommy" people so it's just all part of the cycle. Kafka is definitely the big annoying example for now, but once the patch has passed we can...look forward? to someone else taking the crown.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

big cummers ONLY posted:

You are Kale 2

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

kafka mostly comes across stoned to me

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
another week of SU, another week of praying that mhy actually makes the blessing drop boost from paths relevant

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Violet_Sky posted:

Am I the only one who can't stand Kafka's EN voice? I've heard women who have the same vocal fry as her and it makes me think she's gonna start a podcast. (Long story)

She sounds like she inhaled an entire bushel of the finest weed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Been informed that both of the 5 star lads want Luocha pretty bad. Puts a bit of a damper on things :(

Well, story mode and sim universe don't need 2 healers, at least ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

No one "needs" luocha, him being the best healer means that any offensive comp that benefits from sustain is going to prefer him.

Like look at clara, she triggers a counter attack every time she gets hit which makes her and the party drat near unkillable while the field is active.

But a 4 star is going to come out soon that provides her more likelyhood to get targetted and more damage, so its not really clear cur it you prefer her or Luocha on content. Chances are each will have a place in comps with her.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 24, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

kafka mostly comes across stoned to me

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

haypliss posted:

Mhy is staffed with plenty of the same "tongue-out saying mommy" people so it's just all part of the cycle. Kafka is definitely the big annoying example for now, but once the patch has passed we can...look forward? to someone else taking the crown.

judging by her voice acting in yanqing's quest?

it's gonna be Jingliu

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

Personally I will pull for any and all terrorist ladies, the smugger the better. But really the issue here is that some people are just gross in how they talk about attractiveness.

This is a good take. I'm still going to skip Kafka but I also don't have enough pulls to even come close to pity and I'd rather save for the future. I'm still undecided if I'm going to pull for Fu Xuan or skip 1.3 entirely, but at least I have a guarantee for the next character I want.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Violet_Sky posted:

Am I the only one who can't stand Kafka's EN voice? I've heard women who have the same vocal fry as her and it makes me think she's gonna start a podcast. (Long story)

i see, you think kafka sounds like liz from trueanon

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

All this chat got me to look up her EN voice and wow that's quite different from what I figured. Her Japanese voice in comparison is exactly what you think given how people describe her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lxkzNyg3B0

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh man, Blade was pretty solid even before I was able to get any of his traces, but now that I've got the Echo of War juice to do it he's incredible. Just poops out damage while being SP neutral three out of four turns. Don't even have his lightcone or a good crit damage chestpiece yet, either.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I was beginning to think that Kafka might be the best pull choice so thank yall for reminding me about her weirdass EN voice lol, I can't take her seriously at all. Weird aunt kafka, that's how I see her.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No one "needs" luocha, him being the best healer means that any offensive comp that benefits from sustain is going to prefer him.

Warning, incoming brain damage

How can I say it... what I mean is, that both Blade and DHIL's kit weaknesses line up so well with Luocha's strengths, that it's kinda hard to ignore. Like Yanqing/Gepard I guess (I don't actually have either lol). Or as a counterexample, in Seele hypercarry, would Luocha be an upgrade over Nat? Yeah probably, but it's not for any particular reason, he's just stronger. So it doesn't feel like I'm losing out on anything special by having to run Nat, and it doesn't feel bad at all. On the other hand, every time I have to run Seele without Silver Wolf it feels pretty sad and I don't like it.

Might just be early-account gacha funk. Options are still very limited atm, things might feel worse than they are in reality. Maybe I'll pick up dragon boy after all...

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just hit TR58 today, which means I should really start prefarming materials for the next EQ up. After grinding out another week of SU points.

One day, I'll be able to start grinding relics. One day. :sigh:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MoonCrab posted:

I was beginning to think that Kafka might be the best pull choice so thank yall for reminding me about her weirdass EN voice lol, I can't take her seriously at all. Weird aunt kafka, that's how I see her.

As someone who is absolutely pulling for Kafka because I am a sinful woman, of the upcoming dps characters she is the riskiest choice. Blade has a big plus as a great dps with low sp costs, so he's splashable anywhere if you want, while Daniel requires WAY more gas in terms of SP but otherwise he performs like a normal dps if you adjust to him. Meanwhile Kafka can't crit and is entirely dependent on dot support for her damage. Mathematically she's not that special, and I think she will fall off the hardest without a lot of support just for her. Not having crit is such a huge detriment to long term scaling. Also her performance depends on her partners so if Sampo for some reason fills you with hate, your Kafka is just not competitive.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Tree Reformat posted:

Just hit TR58 today, which means I should really start prefarming materials for the next EQ up. After grinding out another week of SU points.

One day, I'll be able to start grinding relics. One day. :sigh:

If you don't have mainstat pieces for your main people, you can just do it now, guiltfree! I mean, it should always be guiltfree no matter what you're doing, but it's extra guiltfree if you still need some mainstat stuff.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

MoonCrab posted:

yeah, 'weird aunt' matches succinctly with that. i also found phantylia's en voice to fit the same term. they feel a lot like a voice actor faking a sultry accent sort of feel.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eimi posted:

As someone who is absolutely pulling for Kafka because I am a sinful woman, of the upcoming dps characters she is the riskiest choice. Blade has a big plus as a great dps with low sp costs, so he's splashable anywhere if you want, while Daniel requires WAY more gas in terms of SP but otherwise he performs like a normal dps if you adjust to him. Meanwhile Kafka can't crit and is entirely dependent on dot support for her damage. Mathematically she's not that special, and I think she will fall off the hardest without a lot of support just for her. Not having crit is such a huge detriment to long term scaling. Also her performance depends on her partners so if Sampo for some reason fills you with hate, your Kafka is just not competitive.

considering it seems spoilers are the norm now might as well say vaguely that at the very least the upcoming trailblazer form seems to synergize very well with her kit so that might be how hoyoverse entices her as a valuable pull. though on the same hand that may not be saying much considering it seems next form just feels like it'll synergize with a lot of characters

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

MoonCrab posted:

Warning, incoming brain damage

How can I say it... what I mean is, that both Blade and DHIL's kit weaknesses line up so well with Luocha's strengths, that it's kinda hard to ignore. Like Yanqing/Gepard I guess (I don't actually have either lol). Or as a counterexample, in Seele hypercarry, would Luocha be an upgrade over Nat? Yeah probably, but it's not for any particular reason, he's just stronger. So it doesn't feel like I'm losing out on anything special by having to run Nat, and it doesn't feel bad at all. On the other hand, every time I have to run Seele without Silver Wolf it feels pretty sad and I don't like it.

Might just be early-account gacha funk. Options are still very limited atm, things might feel worse than they are in reality. Maybe I'll pick up dragon boy after all...

Luocha's no better in an ILDan hypercarry comp than he is in a Seele hypercarry comp. ILDan doesn't deal any damage to himself or others, he's just very SP hungry--but so is Seele when she gets going against anything but a pure solo boss like Kafka.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

Just run Sampo/Kafka/Silver Wolf/Pela, shred everything's defense to zero, and do hojillions of damage, simple as.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The problem with that team is that you die.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kafka's JP voice absolutely plays into the whole dommy mommy thing. Do other languages not?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Kafka's JP voice absolutely plays into the whole dommy mommy thing. Do other languages not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGYY7hxneVc

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

considering it seems spoilers are the norm now might as well say vaguely that at the very least the upcoming trailblazer form seems to synergize very well with her kit so that might be how hoyoverse entices her as a valuable pull. though on the same hand that may not be saying much considering it seems next form just feels like it'll synergize with a lot of characters

Notably Kafka's original kit played with Break Effect to a degree, think EM Yae Miko. She's since moved away from that design, but yeah the break dots do still help her.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

The problem with that team is that you die.

Been autoing the newest relic cavern with Serval in place of Kafka and it's working just fine :v: I guess it probably wouldn't work in, say, MoC, but I wouldn't take that into MoC either, I'd go more along my normal compositions (so probably FTB/Nat/Kafka/Sampo and Gepard/Pela/March/SW).

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The EN one does IMO, but that may just be the VA leaning into it in supplemental stuff like the patch stream. She was laying it on thick during that.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 24, 2023

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

TBH the more I play blade the less I like him with Luocha. Luocha keeps wasting his passive heal on Blade who would often undo it in the very same turn and you end up playing a team with no reactive healing where the supports keep dying.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AParadox posted:

TBH the more I play blade the less I like him with Luocha. Luocha keeps wasting his passive heal on Blade who would often undo it in the very same turn and you end up playing a team with no reactive healing where the supports keep dying.
I disagree personally, Blade reliably activating Luocha's passive heal helps turbo-fuel Luocha's energy level, and just one Blade trigger and an ultimate immediately puts you in team AOE heal mode

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm looking forward to all the extra 50k bleed procs I can get from Kafka and a break effect Luka.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I disagree personally, Blade reliably activating Luocha's passive heal helps turbo-fuel Luocha's energy level, and just one Blade trigger and an ultimate immediately puts you in team AOE heal mode

Auto heal requires you to have enough friendly turns between enemy hits to heal up, bad turn order or any high moc boss can snipe a character in that period.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

haypliss posted:

I'm looking forward to all the extra 50k bleed procs I can get from Kafka and a break effect Luka.

Yeah, I regularly see 20k+ dot ticks from a full Sampo stack and it's gonna be funny seeing that poo poo get triggered all the time.

I really hope I get his E6 during the Kafka pulls because adding another 15% attack scaling to his DoT is going to be hilarious.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

One thing I will say for Kafka, because her effect hit rate requirements are so low, she's our first Nihility character who can really leverage Good Night and Sleep Well. If you have it at s5 it actually is just better than her s1 personal light cone, a 72% damage amp is pretty ridiculous.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

i see, you think kafka sounds like liz from trueanon

That's also how I interpreted that post lol

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I regularly see 20k+ dot ticks from a full Sampo stack and it's gonna be funny seeing that poo poo get triggered all the time.

I really hope I get his E6 during the Kafka pulls because adding another 15% attack scaling to his DoT is going to be hilarious.

I don't even have E4 😭

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

haypliss posted:

I don't even have E4 😭

Me either. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It is hilarious to me that I got 3 stars in MoC 3&4 using loving Arlan. I only got the 3rd star in 4 because Sushang/Quinque/SW is a well oiled machine and only used 1 cycle, but I did it.

Also Sushang and Dan Heng make an effective team. Very surprised. I got 1 star in Xianzhou 4 because of that pair on the first team and Asta helping to break the deer in the second.

Also in case anyone didn't know, Yukong is now in the standard banner. I just got E3. One of these days I will use her.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 24, 2023