Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

At what point does CS2 just start needing to simulate an economy, straight up, in order to make proper sense of the land use and transportation models

TBH it'll probably just go full neolib by asserting that the fart apps economy can materialize high opportunity cost items like food and oil out of thin air because the fart app economy makes a lot of money with low costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All the stocks you hate are at a all time high, and your sound investments are in the red and failing!!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

keep doing your grounding exercises

This you?

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I think when the dudes second manga got posted that whole thread got a lot of bans and permas because yeah it was straight naked kids.

Berserk is definitely a big thing in manga, and a lot of works can trace ideas (like dark souls) from it. But the author was not above board and definitely was hosed in the head in many ways (including drawing kids in ways that's not ok in any form).

VVV really dude why do you have to post something you know is gonna get hammered

croup coughfield posted:

gotta burn some hard drives in a barrel in my yard but right after ill handle it

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

daft
Oct 16, 2012
lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BrotherJayne posted:

ahahahahaha bad shoot

Gunshow Poophole posted:

haha holy poo poo

Vox settle down mr trigger finger

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

great reading comprehension you loving idiot

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

He can't even read a 1 sentence post right and you want him to read an article?

alright since a half-dozen idiots who had their minds blown by a wikipedia article about the Madonna-Whore complex want to whine and bitch about a sixer like this is D&D, let's litigate the loving sixer

1) Hoot posts a link about a day in the life of a sex worker thing:

2) FF replies a bunch:

Frosted Flake posted:

The carseat in the back is extremely loving depressing

Frosted Flake posted:

I keep vacillating between sympathy and contempt tbh.

Frosted Flake posted:

It's like I have some sort of complex where she's a mother and lady on the one hand, and a whore on the other.

I think you can engage without expressing contempt for this person and then laughing it off as a joke.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 23:47 on Jul 24, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
jesus christ

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Women

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
get his rear end

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

should've just said ff isn't allowed to post about women

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

alright since a half-dozen idiots who had their minds blown by a wikipedia article about the Madonna-Whore complex want to whine and bitch about a sixer like this is D&D, let's litigate the loving sixer

1) Hoot posts a link about a day in the life of a sex worker thing:

2) FF replies a bunch:

I think you can engage without expressing contempt for this person and then laughing it off as a joke.

lol and now you're trying to defend yourself

gg another one lost to modbrain

next time probe the second post then if it's the one expressing contempt without any clear joke like the third post

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

lol and now you're trying to defend yourself

gg another one lost to modbrain

next time probe the second post then if it's the one expressing contempt without any clear joke like the third post

Lol Vox created a mortal enemy with this probe

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zodium posted:

should've just said ff isn't allowed to post about women

this is a thread rule now, thank you for the recommendation

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
:whitewater:

El Niño heat making everyone post like Falling Down was a documentary

anyways I need to finish my post on the Paypig Whale Economy

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Xaris posted:

ok so this is an interesting point to discuss.

why do you think america is in an end of history phase? why assume a Fukuyama state?

theres plenty of goons ITT that aren’t computer touchers: hoot works in a factory, skull.gif works as a restaurant bus boy, Willa does CPA stuff, In Training works at a theater attendant, and I work as a civil servant in public sector for infrastructure

but even so, why assume all the twitter face bookers are completely inoculated in an end of history bubble boy bubble? that’s very liberal and anti Marxist

the imperial core is eating itself and the premium consumer must be consumed too

if u have a real job, which is to say ur not a komputer kulak or an ad man or whatever useless appendix on society, then im not talking about u. simple as.

to move on to the other thing, the idea that america will suddenly slip and fall and become afghanistan is a pipe dream. short of a revolution or a war on domestic soil america will have enough wealth and power to ensure treats for the upper classes for decades to come or longer. the ruling class will always need support and compliance from the rest of society. the way they ensure that is through bribes for the upper class and police violence for the lower. that upper class is being squeezed of its lower ranks and that will probably go back and forth but there are always going to be people willing to step into their shoes and there will always be times where its in bourgeois interests to support the middle class again. to bring it back to the keyboard cowboys the ruling class is going to want maximum automation so there's always a seat at the table for techbros.

this isnt end of history poo poo, its the nature of global politics where everyone eats from different sides of the same trough. the only things that will dislodge the system are revolution or war, same as it ever was throughout human history. i think we have enough power projection left in the tank to keep wars outside our borders for the foreseable future, and lol at an anticapitalist revolution happening here any time soon.

ultimately i see america declining into a mid-tier social democracy over the next couple-few decades in order to reassert domestic stability

yes and its still a very funny post and im glad some other rear end in a top hat got a year for it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
lol vox

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

WTF.

How old is she? How much savings does she have? Where does she eventually want to be? And what is her plan!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ok good stuff I’ll respond when I get off work in an hour. that’s more what we should post about, not best Taco Bell sauce packet

I was going to have to drag you to the reeducation camp because you were starting to smell like a bukharin and I was getting very concerned that boiling brain was making you lib

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Xaris posted:

ok good stuff I’ll respond when I get off work in an hour. that’s more what we should post about, not best Taco Bell sauce packet

I was going to have to drag you to the reeducation camp because you were starting to smell like a bukharin and I was getting very concerned that boiling brain was making you lib

im not a lib im a cod marxist

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

croup coughfield posted:

Nobody cares about your call of duty rank

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Nobody cares about your call of duty rank

the goat guy cares a lot

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

croup coughfield posted:

cod marxists went extinct when Labour kicked Jeremy Corbyn to the curb

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

im troutsky

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

mawarannahr posted:

im troutsky

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

spacetoaster posted:

WTF.

How old is she? How much savings does she have? Where does she eventually want to be? And what is her plan!?!?!?!

her links are in the description

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

im troutsky

lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

leftists having problems with a successful, independent business woman

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

croup coughfield posted:

the fat computer programmer who has more action figures than friends

this is everyone in this thread except me

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

me too

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

im troutsky

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

mawarannahr posted:

im troutsky

you a fan of rosa loxembourg?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

Bukharin was right

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

im troutsky

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Bukharin was right

yeah, right opposition

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

croup coughfield posted:

if u have a real job, which is to say ur not a komputer kulak or an ad man or whatever useless appendix on society, then im not talking about u. simple as.

to move on to the other thing, the idea that america will suddenly slip and fall and become afghanistan is a pipe dream. short of a revolution or a war on domestic soil america will have enough wealth and power to ensure treats for the upper classes for decades to come or longer. the ruling class will always need support and compliance from the rest of society. the way they ensure that is through bribes for the upper class and police violence for the lower. that upper class is being squeezed of its lower ranks and that will probably go back and forth but there are always going to be people willing to step into their shoes and there will always be times where its in bourgeois interests to support the middle class again. to bring it back to the keyboard cowboys the ruling class is going to want maximum automation so there's always a seat at the table for techbros.

this isnt end of history poo poo, its the nature of global politics where everyone eats from different sides of the same trough. the only things that will dislodge the system are revolution or war, same as it ever was throughout human history. i think we have enough power projection left in the tank to keep wars outside our borders for the foreseable future, and lol at an anticapitalist revolution happening here any time soon.

ultimately i see america declining into a mid-tier social democracy over the next couple-few decades in order to reassert domestic stability

:hmmyes: I'd say this tracks.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

croup coughfield posted:

you talk about the incentives that the bourgeoisie will dole out to retain control as if they are abstract manifestations of the capitalist class' conscious decisions. but all of these carrots and sticks cost money and resources, channeled through ideologically-aligned social systems. it doesnt matter how big capital is if it cant keep growing, and the american empire is contracting greatly as of late. and it doesnt even have to reach a full collapse state, it just needs to fall sufficiently behind china to be incapable of supporting an industrial economy without being taken into china's orbit.

i agree that an anti-capitalist revolution in the next couple decades is basically not gonna happen. more likely there's gonna be collapse into regional warlords and kleptostates for a little while before actual revolution is possible. but the idea that, with all the issues being brought on by climate change, the u.s. does not have it in them to return to any kind of actual social democracy before turbofascism and/or balkanization

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mawarannahr posted:

im troutsky

Lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Koirhor posted:

JAY NEEDS TO RAISE RATES HIGHER

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i have been unemployed for over three years and am no longer receiving SNAP benefits.
i am extremely privileged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I don’t think the ride is going to be that easy for America, it is true the rich and powerful will be fine but the squeeze is going to be on everyone on down, the system needs something to feed on.

There isn’t going to be a soft move to social democracy, it is going to be a lot more messy.

spacetoaster posted:

WTF.

I think she had a different career from context and I think she is most likely just making do. Envy is a sin for a reason.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 00:32 on Jul 25, 2023