Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

just buy an ice cream horse or a bread goat lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Weembles posted:

So you're telling us that you're not a landlord but you are a gentrifier.

Tory moves to Squirrel Hill challenge

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Car Hater posted:

Brb getting my own tapioca warmer and plastic lid sealer to make boba tea at home

The machines they use sell on aliexpress for 200. If you drink 20 boba tea you've already made back the investment.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I was joking, I'd just use a cup with a reusable lid :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Marenghi posted:

The machines they use sell on aliexpress for 200. If you drink 20 boba tea you've already made back the investment.

Uhhh link, you might've just done my christmas shopping.

Troutful
May 31, 2011

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

you couldnt pay me to drink these diabeetus beverages

most boba places will let you ask for 1/2 or 1/4 sugar, which is still psychotically sweet but hey give it a shot next time

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Costco sells a kit

I tried one of these once but it made so much boba I couldn't use it all and it started to congeal together so I'll just live my life without it. Like sushi, it's not worth the hassle of making it at home.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You can also buy Thai tea blends and half and half and make gallons of the stuff for cheap. Honestly I don't get why some company doesn't sell canned Thai tea in the grocery store (I assume they do at Asian grocers but I'd think it's popular enough to be in Krogers or something)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

kazmeyer posted:

So, reporting in from the world of Reddit Finance. Superstonk has gotten boring
yea superstonk isn't even fun to mock-read anymore. it's just really sad/crazy but in a bonafide muskateer way. just a bunch of gen z fellating ryan cohen trying to decipher every secret message hes sending

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lacrosse posted:

Boba tea shops charge like $12 for a drink now. I wonder if that's why those shops are always empty when I walk by.

Still $5 here. Or $7 if you go to the fancy place.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

You can also buy Thai tea blends and half and half and make gallons of the stuff for cheap. Honestly I don't get why some company doesn't sell canned Thai tea in the grocery store (I assume they do at Asian grocers but I'd think it's popular enough to be in Krogers or something)

You can straight up get like five brands of premade boba tea even in the middle of nowhere, it's not at supermarkets because actually buying things and then selling them for more would cut into the lucrative and PR-friendly ("oh, we don't make hardly anything directly off this transaction!") business of just charging Coke shelf rent.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

in taiwan I got boba for about $1.50 and if you account for PPP that's maybe $3.00

boba prices are pure mark up in USA

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its syrup like out of a soda machine at mcdonald's plus some tapioca it should be $1.50 but starbucks had trained us that sweet drink with add ons should cost as much as a burger

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

16oz of milk costs about $0.42 retail. why is a latte $4.50?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

overhead ? overhead !!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the powerful boba tea lobby cannot wait to get people back to downtown cores

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

LonsomeSon posted:

just buy an ice cream horse or a bread goat lmao

Ice cream horses are cheap, the real cost is the refrigerated stable

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Antonymous posted:

in taiwan I got boba for about $1.50 and if you account for PPP that's maybe $3.00

boba prices are pure mark up in USA

Taiwanese food is second to none. You can get a very large meal of dumplings, pot stickers, buns, etc. for a couple of bucks. It's all super tasty, fresh, and healthy too. Just remembering this is making me want to move to Taiwan since they've managed to (somehow) figure out all the problems that make America such a shithole.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
don't buy property in taiwan imo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I just realized the thread rating lol.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Oh I can answer that. It's "no", unless forced.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Antonymous posted:

16oz of milk costs about $0.42 retail. why is a latte $4.50?

When I pay $8 for a coffee, I'm creating jobs

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Somebody mentioned a few pages back about Hedge Funds having entire Machine Learning networks (some even outside the usual Telcos) that do nothing but Buy/Sell based off of any piece of news good or bad or even sentiment from other :airquote:traders:airquote:

wouldn't it be hilarious if half of the dumb, insane poo poo we see on these Trading/Investment Reddits/Discords/WhateverElse is literally just Bots talking to each other?

buuut maybe im just talking outta my rear end and no such thing exists and the guy named "Apez2GetHurrMOASS420" with like a million emojis in every. single. post he makes every five seconds, with the oddest spacing and grammatical errors imaginable... really is an actual person

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
where y'all getting booba for twelve dollahs?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

next hype bubble already chambered up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius posted:

for 30 minutes you can make a burger at home that is 20x better than McDonald’s

the fries not so much

this but in-n-out. i see people waiting in that line of half an hour drat near every day and smdh

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

45 minute drivethru wait here for chik-fil-a during the weekday lunch rush and it's packed every day.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

wouldn't it be hilarious if half of the dumb, insane poo poo we see on these Trading/Investment Reddits/Discords/WhateverElse is literally just Bots talking to each other?

buuut maybe im just talking outta my rear end and no such thing exists and the guy named "Apez2GetHurrMOASS420" with like a million emojis in every. single. post he makes every five seconds, with the oddest spacing and grammatical errors imaginable... really is an actual person
it's probably both. that's the glory of the web3 internet is it's all just a blurry jpeg of itself ad infinitum

there's definitely networks of HFT setup to take advantage of every 0.000001 millisecond it has and just betting based on instant news accumulation and second-order market derivatives

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
chik fil a near me has a line just for mobile orders. so you get to be a line skipper but its all legal. had people get furious and start honking and yelling at the workers lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The McDonald's here have that one line -> two separate order screens -> one line setup and someone's going to get shot at one of them for skipping the line some day

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The McDonald's here have that one line -> two separate order screens -> one line setup and someone's going to get shot at one of them for skipping the line some day

when i saw this i was in awe at how great an invention this was. the in-n-out near here doesn't have poo poo they just let the line go around the entire parking lot. sometimes extending out of it. truly the most debased behavior ive ever seen

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress that lovely jesus chicken, go to popeyes or raisin canes

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
in our cyberpunk dystopia you have to wait in line for 1hr to get fast food

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

webcams for christ posted:

next hype bubble already chambered up

I feel out of the loop, wtf are Superconductor startups?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

usually when the line is around the block if you park and go in you get your food almost immediately idk if there's a rule that dine-in orders get served ASAP but it's always such a power trip to see the car that was in the back of the line when you pulled up is now 3rd from the back in a line of 40 cars while you're already stuffing yourself with disgusting processed food and getting the 3 minute long endorphin high early because you just loving walked through a door and ordered. it gives me untold smug pleasure every time and as an american I thrive on that it makes me feel okay that the entire system is broken if I can outsmart some other dope getting to the slop bin first

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 20:39 on Jul 28, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

caelxii posted:

I don’t think they are going to get too hot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

caelxii posted:

it's a bunch of technocratic bullshit flying car popsci garbage for overpaid computer toucher vc dorks

https://twitter.com/alexkaplan0/status/1684044616528453633
see thread
https://twitter.com/alexkaplan0/status/1684044629191151616
of course its all fake and doesn't work but doesn't stop the next crisis of capital to be resolved by technology

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

caelxii posted:

https://twitter.com/perte/status/1684992143117447181

https://twitter.com/teratom_s/status/1684808086547238912

https://twitter.com/russelljkaplan/status/1684042014495592448

https://twitter.com/alexkaplan0/status/1684044629191151616

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

That guy's wrong, it'll be used to mine bitcoins faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Antonymous posted:

usually when the line is around the block if you park and go in you get your food almost immediately idk if there's a rule that dine-in orders get served ASAP
it's not a rule, infact, drive-thru orders are prioritzed but they're on a very limited throughput on how fast drive-thru can move so there's a lot of capacity for dine-in orders to just get whipped up quicker than waiting in a 90 minute line full of ford f950 freedom rancher 9/11 edition trucks and Excursion LTE HDR 4K MAXX SUVs

most FF places were set up with an ideal mix of heavy dine-in rate based on table-space and turnover rates, with a known through-put in the drive-thru of 0.5/minute kinda thing, and that used to be case but americans have gotten lazier so a lot of the kitchen capacity for dine-in aren't being used so it becomes quicker to do that. the way most places handle increased drive-thru demand but stale dine-in demand is just understaff the kitchen/cashiers because it's not needed

Xaris has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Jul 28, 2023