Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Evil Eagle posted:

You play Ages first.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

I didn’t sprint but I’m still out of breath

yup. nintendo ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah most of the stuff that carries over between games is combat-related and Seasons is the more combat-focused of the two, so it’s a lot more useful to go Ages to Seasons than vice versa.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My Xbox one controller ran out of power last night so I switched to my Switch Pro controller for my Steam Link and tbh I just want to start using it as my main for everything, Nintendo build quality ftw

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My pro controller has started to drift but that thing lasted like 5+ years and I miss it already

I did get one of those 8bitdo ultimate controllers though and I like it a lot aside from missing the HD rumble

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the 8bitdo controllers are fine but for the price it’s worth it just to get a pro controller.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

the 8bitdo controllers are fine but for the price it’s worth it just to get a pro controller.

nintendo does what 8bitdon't

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sub-Actuality posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I prefer the 8bitdo because it never had stick drift issues. Only button rubber breaking issues.

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
i prefer the layout, buttons and the d-pad on the 8bitdo sn30+, also mine looks like a game boy which is just lovely

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The 8bitdo Ultimate Bluetooth is pretty cool. Same price as a pro controller and similar layout but it also has back buttons and hall effect sticks that won't ever drift. Can even wake up the Switch from sleep, it's nice. The lack of HD rumble is the only downside.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The summer of zelda continues

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Sub-Actuality posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

my morning jackass posted:

yeah. unless you play a single game that uses the dpad like a civilized human being.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

icantfindaname posted:

Sicko confession: I play most games with walkthrough guides. At least for some genres. I just don't find the kind of fumbling overworld exploration and item collection in the 2d zeldas or metroidvanias or modern open world games all that fun. If the gameplay itself can't sustain a game it's not worth playing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

b_d posted:

yeah. unless you play a single game that uses the dpad like a civilized human being.

i got the sega saturn style controller and its been great for 2d games on the switch

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

games is epic

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
8bitdo does a good D

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

wanders out of Link's house in LTTP with the coordination of a toddler, gets immediately domed by an archer and stabbed by two soldiers: "yeah you know what im not gonna fumble through this exploration bullshit, it's just not fun or cool, im gonna need to check the ign walkthrough for the entire thing"

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

the game-playing nonsense of yesteryear

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Confession Time: Every time I play Mario I get killed by the first goomba and then i make my big brother play the rest of the game and then I tell all my friends at school I beat the game

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

absolutely anything posted:

Confession Time: Every time I play Mario I get killed by the first goomba and then i make my big brother play the rest of the game and then I tell all my friends at school I beat the game

lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

I've been doing this for every game I post as beaten for at least 7 years now in Imp Zone. I cultivate a particular persona through game selections and then pay people on Fiverr to send me game footage and reviews.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oscar Wild posted:

Your right, any adult that watched The Wizard and could find a warp whistle is definitely connected to Jeffrey Epstein

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

the game-playing nonsense of yesteryear

it's finally come to this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MORPHEUS: You think that’s game you’re playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this guy definitely wrote a screed about gone home back when it came out