Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

HonorableTB posted:

In theory yeah but as the CSTO's military capacity is 90% Russia, a Poland vs CSTO conflict is not much different than a Poland vs Russia conflict. It wouldn't turn into a NATO conflict in your scenario though because Article 5 can't be invoked for offensive action initiated by an alliance member.

Oh I don't mean that the rest of NATO would come help Poland beat on Wagner/Belarus but rather would an attack on Belarus mean that Russia declares war on NATO?

To me the nukes in Belarus seem to be the deterrent to keep that from being an option. The rest of the world knows that the CSTO is all but defunct now with any conceivable Russian force quagmired in Ukraine and the remaining countires extremely unlikely to fight NATO on Russia's behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

The loving national chauvinist stupidity of Russia is astounding

Yeah when you invade your neighbor they cam attack you right back fuckwads. Did you really not even consider that possibility till now?

"We're so afraid of this NATO encroachment on our border" while at the same time their border troops were apparently unarmed.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Not sure Poland would even bother wasting NATOs time pressing the article 5 button. The army of Belarus is being polite...dog poo poo and a shell of force that is wagner isn't going to scare Poland very much.

Hopefully this is the usual dumb sabre rattling Russia and pseudo pals like to do

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it’s 7d chess to get rid of Wagner. All you guys that did a coup, go, uh, attack Poland, we’ll be right behind you I promise.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686791590025588738
Puccia appears to have run into some trouble near Vuhledar.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686789267027095557#m
He's probably done for. Can't say as i'm surprised this is how it might go down.

I know Girkin is the butt of jokes in this thread because of his name but for his sake I hope he's offered a plea dill.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'm glad the Donetsk Anime Shop is doing its part in the war effort.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Have we actually seen any indications that Ukraine is preparing a mass scale attack on Moscow, or is it just speculative for now?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Willo567 posted:

Have we actually seen any indications that Ukraine is preparing a mass scale attack on Moscow, or is it just speculative for now?

My friend at Langley said that Ukraine might try something that could potentially result in a Russian nuclear response. It did involve Moscow and many drones...

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
it's speculative til you see the drones actually hitting things

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Willo567 posted:

They're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. Coming in from the north, below their radar.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Willo567 posted:

Thousands upon thousands of body pillows dropped from drones on Moscow

The biggest Hentai bomb ever made

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They're bombing the cope reserves

Oh no

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I know Girkin is the butt of jokes in this thread because of his name but for his sake I hope he's offered a plea dill.

I thought it was more that he murdered a few hundred civilians when he shot down MH17.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Skanky Burns posted:

I thought it was more that he murdered a few hundred civilians when he shot down MH17.

bread and butter charges, really

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

They're bombing the cope reserves

Oh no

This would end the war IMMEDIATELY

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9xDB8YKVY

mind blown all over the wall

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
These are the kind of drones I'd like to see swarm Moscow
:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=zbnDr_IbdIU:nws:

What if we replaced the cluster bomblets with Tenga eggs?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Livestreaming my daring escape from an oppressive regime.

weg posted:

lol

Russian army success hinges on bumbling, tinder flesh destined for the grindr.

:hmmyes:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol the man is going to a labour camp to break rocks

Maybe they'll make him find mines in the donbass like that movie land of mine or whatever

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lol the man is going to a labour camp to break rocks

Maybe they'll make him find mines in the donbass like that movie land of mine or whatever

https://y.yarn.co/75e24800-e075-4426-b59e-ff4d1937a55a.mp4

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also this is kind of a lol for me if you know anything about Propagandhi and :byetankie:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The comedy option is that all the conspiracies Russia spouting about Ukraine are true and they extract all of his organs

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

Also this is kind of a lol for me if you know anything about Propagandhi and :byetankie:

What's there to know?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

spiritual bypass posted:

What's there to know?

Propagandhi basically made entire albums in the 2000s about how much The US MILCOM + Iraq War + GWB sucked, and yet they are still Ukraine supporters in 2023. Almost like there's more nuance to things than just "America BAD".

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Toxic Mental posted:

Propagandhi basically made entire albums in the 2000s about how much The US MILCOM + Iraq War + GWB sucked, and yet they are still Ukraine supporters in 2023. Almost like there's more nuance to things than just "America BAD".

Bad Religion, too. Big relief to find out they're still cool

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Propagandhi is great (even though I'm not really into their newer more metal stuff). The fact that they appear to have allowed their music to be used for relief for Ukraine is further proof of this.

BigRoman fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 3, 2023

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

:same:

edit: Rancid too! I'm gonna buy this album right now.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/MalcontentmentT/status/1686903493276434437
Putin is a puddle of liquid poo poo.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

PinheadSlim posted:

Same. I was sure that my ancient favorite 90s punk band would have melted themselves into royal tankie shitheads. never been more glad to be wrong

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

:golfclap:

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
from the guardian feed

quote:

Civilians and emergency workers injured after strike on Kherson church – regional governor
Three civilians and four emergency service workers have been injured in a Russian strike on Kherson, according to Ukraine’s state broadcaster. It cites the regional governor Oleksandr Prokudin as the source of the information. Suspilne reports:
The Russian army fired at a church in the center of Kherson — three people who were traveling on a trolleybus past the cathedral were injured and hospitalised, the head of the OVA Prokudin said.
During the extinguishing of the fire, which arose as a result of the shelling of the church, a repeat attack took place: four rescuers who were extinguishing the fire were injured, the state emergency service reported. They are being assisted.

why not have a side of warcrimes with your warcrimes
gently caress putin, gently caress him with a hammer

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

TulliusCicero posted:

Thousands upon thousands of body pillows dropped from drones on Moscow

The biggest Hentai bomb ever made

“Build them a town?”

“If we don’t let the mangakas bring their families, we’ll never get the best.”

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

NoiseAnnoys posted:

they most certainly do not.

Depends on the country, but in most of Europe dual criminality is a hard requirement.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Toxic Mental posted:

I wonder if Anti-Fla... oh :smith:

Well at least they aren't tankies afaik

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

Same. I was sure that my ancient favorite 90s punk band would have melted themselves into royal tankie shitheads. never been more glad to be wrong

Most of the Epitaph-related bands are still cool, fortunately (probably some dumb ones too, but all the big ones seem like they're still having good opinions)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1686963856050892800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerGZtYAGkg

I am not going to spend 80% of my speech not looking at my pre written propaganda speech while the same 4 tanks get hit by lancets on repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

RunningOnEmpty posted:

from the guardian feed

why not have a side of warcrimes with your warcrimes
gently caress putin, gently caress him with a hammer

Russians used this sort of double tap strikes in Syria as well. Bomb some place, wait for the rescuers to arrive, then bomb that same place again.